PDA

View Full Version : Nexus Trog's Tavern CCLII

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Gullara
2017-03-23, 07:40 PM
https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B5bKlQSiirV-QWtUWXV0UVlIcUE

*Upon entering the tavern you find it to be rustic, dim, cramped, and smelling of spilled beer. Moving through the crowd, half of which seem to be deadtiming, you spot a fireplace with a banjowood carving on the mantle, you also make out through the haze the curving bar and private booths hidden behind ferns. A side door leading to a patio outside reveals a hungry looking dumpster mimic sneaking towards an unsuspecting customer.

Near the stairs to the second floor rooms is a small white stone platform with a blue tree-like symbol on it. Standing on this platform will teleport someone to the Sanctuary Fortress located Inside where healers are always standing by in case of bar-brawls.

Trog's can be found right around the corner from any place in the Nexus. Somehow. It's best not to question it.

Staff:
Owner and Proprietor: Trog
Manager: El Jaspero
Bartenders: The Watchers (they're nice deranged cultists, really!), Phoebe, Ashna, Ambrosia

Trog's Tavern hires only the finest NPC servers:
((Since all are NPCs they are up for communal control. Feel free to say what they do or say to you or any other patron. To a point.))

Bouncer: Baby (NPC, a dwarf who was raised by orcs and has the intellect of Thog.)

Servers:
Nina - A fiesty and vivacious tiefling. Mean, self-centered and completely unavailable. You may have seen her recently on the WotC 4E cartoon.
Paige - A sweet, wholesome, flirty elf working her way through PC school.
Cosmo - A quick-witted and oppressed gnome scoundrel. Truly a monster. RAWR!

DRINK MENU:
Wines:
Catoblepas Sauvingnon
Chimera Cabernet - A hearty red with a hits of oak and black cherry.
Chuul Lounge - Bacardi Limon, Aberration , creme de bananes and juices into a Chuul shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well. Strain into a highball glass half-filled with ice cubes, and serve.
Constitution Crushing Wine - Fort. DC 35 or pass out!
Cormyrian Fireamber - Imported and very good.
Eladrin Carbernet - Official Feywine of the Wild Hunt.
Feline's Fancy - A purplish, swirly mixture that any feline will adore.
Funky Llama - A rich fruity wine, available in white or red.
Iames Agonia - This tart, dark red wine will stun you and leave you feeling good for hours.
Kobold Chianti - Tart. Tangy. Shifty.
Merfolk Merlot - Full-bodied with a hint of rose.
Powerlust Pinot - For those corruptable humans.
Shadar-Kai Shadowine - Served in a jagged, broken glass.
Spoonake Chablis - Straight from the Underdark!
Warlock Wine - Best served cold.
Xorn Zinfandel - Sweet and fruity!

Mixed Drinks:
A Drink - Generic booze with ice that can be shaken, stirred, or you know, whatever. Try to be more imaginative next time.
Aboleth Absinthe - Far Realmilicious!
Black Shadow - A strong concoction guaranteed to send a chill down your spine at any temperature.
Coffee Martini - Buzzzzz.
Djinn and Tonic - Whirling ice cubes, fizzy soda, and one drunk genie.
Dragon Liver Buster - Strongest drink in the house.
Dwarf Spirits
Fire Archon Asylum Rum - "FAAR!!!"
Haley's Liquer - Named for the redheaded rogue, a sweet creme liquer, excellent over ice.
Hemo Colada - 100% less coconut, 100% more ichor.
Ice Liquer - From the Plane of Ice: guaranteed to cool you down.
Ichor Liquor - Made from a fermented mix of various kinds of blood.
Jasphattan - El J's Secret Recipie, vermouth & bitters.
LEVEL UP LIQUER - Need a few extra XP? We gots XP in a bottle!
Long Island Iced Tea - Tastes better than it will make you feel in the morning.
Murderita - Wasted away again...
Piña CoLlama - If you're not into yoga and have half a brain.
Rampaging Rail Mixer - Mad strong!
Rust Monster - Scotch, drambuie shaken in a wooden mixer.
Sneak on the Beach - Peach vodka, cran-pineapple juice, a cat hair.
Swampwater - Phosphorescent lemon-lime.
White Russian Wukei - For bounty hunters who dig dairy.
Wizard Blizzard - Crushed ice and Bourbon. The effect depends on the spell stored in it.

Beers & Such:
Ales - Archon, Guilders, Balthor's Best.
Grim Brewery Ginger Beer - Death-o-licious!
Mind Flayer Mead - Mmm... brains.

Other Fine Beverages:
Celestial Soda Pop - Soda specially brewed in Celestia. Tastes divine.
Darknight Coffee - Cream has no effect.
Dragon's Fire Breath (Cherry Kool-Aid) - For the kids!
Fox Cola - The choice of the furry generation.
Llamonade - That cool, refreshing drink for quadrupeds.
Oni Tea - From the far east.
Red Minotaur Energy Drink - a-MAZE-ing energy!
Root Beer
Save vs. Slow Slurpees™ - C-c-c-cold...
Hot Chocolate - Mmmmmmarshmallows.

MUNCHIES MENU:
AbyssalNuts - Damned and spicy.
Baked Goods - Scones and Muffins and Brownies oh my! We have no cake - the cake is a lie!
Bamhacon - Where the ham meets the bacon. Served with eggs.
Court of Stars Salad - Fresh fey greens.
Hero Sandwiches - What else? Served with Villain vinegrette.
Velvet Elfish - Trogtilla chips and hot meat and cheese dip.
Yuan-ti Gyros - Lamb. Or halfling. We're not sure.
Trog's Floor Chili - Don't ask Trog where it came from and Trog won't tell you, "the floor".

SMOKABLES:
Dwarven Cigars - From our axe-hewn humidor.
Coffin Nail™ Cigarettes - Get Nailed!
Halfling Pipeweed - Bogart™ brand.

When this thread reaches page 50, anyone can make the next thread. However, if you want to make changes to the OP, please check in the OOC thread first to make sure everyone agrees.

Ashen Lilies
2017-03-24, 08:38 AM
[Drinking All The Drinks]

Cass slowed down pretty heavily after a certain point - that still means she's still currently feeling positively euphoric - most of her face is covered in a darker grey flush, and she looks about ready to bounce off her seat at any moment.

"Oh? Have you done anything terribly embarrassing, then? Something your family would not approve of?"

Zefir
2017-03-24, 08:54 AM
Discussing Things Whilst Some Party Members Become Besotted and Others Eat Sammiches

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/smilies/timeskip.png

A couple of hours have passed for the five newly met acquaintances. Simone has asked many questions of Mr C about the Library of Alexandria, but also contributed to the adventuring discussion by telling a few stories of her adventures back on her homeworld. She waved at Nina, the barmaid, to keep the food and drinks coming, and as Nina also knows her to be a generous tipper, this is attended to without any undue delay.

There is one episode where a traeki (http://everything2.com/title/traeki), a 7 foot tall being made of fatty rings stacked atop one another, tries to preach to them about how they should be pursuing the Path of Redemption - burning their books and preparing their minds for reverting to an earlier, pre-sentient life. Simone argues with it briefly, till she realizes what it's actual motivation is, and then she's so horrified she flings a bowl of fries at it. The traeki tries other tables without much better success, though it does have a very long intense discussion with a self-aware instance of the colour blue who merely enjoys the way the traeki smells.

Another conflict is averted when a drunken Judoon (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judoon)is thrown into their table, and nearly starts a fight with them all. Quick talking by Ambrosia, and they discover that the problem is the Judoon's party is disagreeing on a game of darts, on which they have all bet a lot of money. Ambrosia and Mr C1 agree to act as neutral judges for the darts game, and this settles down the fight.

But now, the bar is fairly quiet. The preaching traeki has left, and the darts players have gone. Fayaad, Cass, Ambrosia, Simone, and Mr C1, are still eating (or nibbling), drinking (or sipping), and talking (or listening).

1If Mr C's player is okay with this! I don't want to godmod without permission. 🙂

Fayyaad has been hitting the drinks fairly steadily throughout the evening, and he's more than a little buzzed by now.

"The best part of living here is no one knows my family, so I won't be dressed down for any of it," he comments.

Discussing Things Whilst Some Party Members Become Besotted and Others Eat Sammiches

Mr. C is quiet accurate when Simone asks her questions. He is even able to state the exact possision of bookshelf including books Simone would look for. Quiet some knowledge he got there.

The others may notice that Mr.C barly had one drink during the whole evening. On the other hand he did ate more food then his own mass.

Wheen the Dart game comes up, something strange happens Mr.C explains as funny moments. Out of nowhere he got a microphone, wears a suit and every time he shouts the numbers it sounds much deeper. (Like that guy who makes it in the world cup.)

"You can be lucky to have some after all." Mr.C replies to Fayyaad. "Some don't got anything like that."

happyturtle
2017-03-24, 09:06 AM
Cass and Fayyaad are Drunk

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/smilies/timeskip.png

A couple of hours have passed for the five newly met acquaintances. Simone has asked many questions of Mr C about the Library of Alexandria, but also contributed to the adventuring discussion by telling a few stories of her adventures back on her homeworld. She waved at Nina, the barmaid, to keep the food and drinks coming, and as Nina also knows her to be a generous tipper, this is attended to without any undue delay.

There is one episode where a traeki (http://everything2.com/title/traeki), a 7 foot tall being made of fatty rings stacked atop one another, tries to preach to them about how they should be pursuing the Path of Redemption - burning their books and preparing their minds for reverting to an earlier, pre-sentient life. Simone argues with it briefly, till she realizes what it's actual motivation is, and then she's so horrified she flings a bowl of fries at it. The traeki tries other tables without much better success, though it does have a very long intense discussion with a self-aware instance of the colour blue who merely enjoys the way the traeki smells.

Another conflict is averted when a drunken Judoon (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judoon)is thrown into their table, and nearly starts a fight with them all. Quick talking by Ambrosia, and they discover that the problem is the Judoon's party is disagreeing on a game of darts, on which they have all bet a lot of money. Ambrosia and Mr C1 agree to act as neutral judges for the darts game, and this settles down the fight.

But now, the bar is fairly quiet. The preaching traeki has left, and the darts players have gone. Fayaad, Cass, Ambrosia, Simone, and Mr C1, are still eating (or nibbling), drinking (or sipping), and talking (or listening).

1If Mr C's player is okay with this! I don't want to godmod without permission. 🙂

Fayyaad has been hitting the drinks fairly steadily throughout the evening, and he's more than a little buzzed by now.

"The best part of living here is no one knows my family, so I won't be dressed down for any of it," he comments.

Cass slowed down pretty heavily after a certain point - that still means she's still currently feeling positively euphoric - most of her face is covered in a darker grey flush, and she looks about ready to bounce off her seat at any moment.

"Oh? Have you done anything terribly embarrassing, then? Something your family would not approve of?"

Mr. C is quiet accurate when Simone asks her questions. He is even able to state the exact possision of bookshelf including books Simone would look for. Quiet some knowledge he got there.

The others may notice that Mr.C barly had one drink during the whole evening. On the other hand he did ate more food then his own mass.

Wheen the Dart game comes up, something strange happens Mr.C explains as funny moments. Out of nowhere he got a microphone, wears a suit and every time he shouts the numbers it sounds much deeper. (Like that guy who makes it in the world cup.)

"You can be lucky to have some after all." Mr.C replies to Fayyaad. "Some don't got anything like that."

At Mr C's words, Simone's hand goes unconsciously to her heart, touching the double braid of hair through the hidden pocket in her shalwar kameez. Two locks of hair, from Mamma, who died when she was a child; and the man she looked up to as a father, who died several years ago. Then she looks at Ambrosia, her foster-sister, who is her only family left. Unless she consider Helios. Not a father to her, like he is to Ambrosia, but family? Perhaps.

Bah. I never cared if he disapprove of me! And Mamma never disapproved at all! She just doesn't understand this sort of complex inter-dependency between family members.

Morty
2017-03-24, 12:50 PM
[Cass and Fayyaad are Drunk]

"My family is large, and extensive," Fayyaad says. Then Cassandra asks a question. He wouldn't answer it, were he less drunk. "There was that time... a foreign knight was being very disrespectful towards one of my countrymen... who also happened to be a very handsome young fellow. I challenged the knight, but unfortunately, her skill proved to far outstrip my pyromancy." He takes a long gulp of his drink. "So, as she was bearing down on me with a very large sword... some have described it as 'desperately slinging fire around', but I find it insulting and uncharitable," he claims. "But the flames did get out of my control, and spread onto a nearby building." He waves his hand dramatically. "And, as it happened, there was a geese pen near that building. Yes, the geese did get out. And... well, you know geese," he rambles on. "The duel was technically undecided, because everyone had to deal with the fire, and the geese. But the explanation that I technically did not lose wasn't enough for my father."

Shadowcaller
2017-03-25, 06:43 AM

Ambrosia stopped after one glass, she did not have pleasant memories of her last binge. It had only happened once, but it was not something she wished to repeat. She should never have let that 'philosopher' convince her to try that.
She giggles at Fayyaad's story. "I heard the expression that geese share a dragons temper, so I know what you mean. Don't tell the geese that I compared them to dragons though, that will only go to their heads."

happyturtle
2017-03-25, 07:07 AM
Drinking All the Drinks

"That can't be true! You are better-natured than a goose!" Simone protests.

Ashen Lilies
2017-03-26, 01:44 PM

Cass joins Ambrosia in giggling and being very amused by the story. "I'm not terribly familiar with the temperaments of geese or dragons, so I can't really comment on the veracity of your claim."

Zefir
2017-03-27, 04:57 AM
[Drinking All The Drinks and get Drunk]

"I know what it measn to deal with geese." he is after all very small and it happened several times that animals mix him up with their favorit food.

Morty
2017-03-27, 02:29 PM

"Dragons can be reasoned with," Fayyaad asserts. He's a bit too buzzed to notice Simone's implication that Ambrosia is a dragon. "Sometimes. Geese can't. They just... break people's arms with those beaks." He sways a little and takes a drink. "Not that I've ever met a dragon. People here talk about them like they're normal, so maybe it's a matter of time. Have you had dragon adventures?"

Shadowcaller
2017-03-27, 02:37 PM
Drinking All the Drinks

Ambrosia continues to giggle. "You could say that, its my specialty after all. I'm a dragon scholar, I research them." She clarifies. "People commonly associate them with fire, and therefore assume their tempers to be similar, like the one of a geese. Though a I can tell you that a lot of dragons would find that comparison insulting, very proud creatures, dragons. So if you want any advice in dealing with them, try not to insult them, things can go bad very quickly."

happyturtle
2017-03-27, 02:50 PM
Drinking all the Drinks

"There was a man who used to live in Nexus... he had flock of geese that breathed beams of articulate light. Those geese were fearsome guardians!" Simone says. "I wonder if they run wild now that he is gone."

Ashen Lilies
2017-03-27, 03:05 PM
[Drinking all the Drinks]

Cassandra gives Ambrosia a flat look.

"You're a dragon... scholar. That means a scholar who researches dragons, I understand." :T

"I've met a few dragons, but I've never had a chance to have a conversation with one until just recently." She says. Very, very recently.

"...wild laser geese. The thought terrifies." Cassandra takes a drink.

Zefir
2017-03-28, 03:41 AM

"I wonder if those laser geese still guard anything." Mr. C says. ""At least it souns like the typical adventure. 'Someone disapeared and just left his building with some kind of dangerouse guards.' Don't you think?"

happyturtle
2017-03-28, 05:03 AM
Drinking all the Drinks

Simone looks intrigued. "It would be quite an adventure... to try and gather up the wild geese and tame them again. But then would you really be brave enough to do it? What would you want the geese for?"

Morty
2017-03-28, 07:21 AM

"If I ever find myself conversing with a dragon, insulting them will be the last thing on my mind," Fayyaad assures. "It's good to know how to avoid doing it on accident, though."

He ponders the question Simone posed.

"I would not back down from such a challenge. But... geese that fire deadly beams of light? Can we be trusted to hold such power responsibly?"

Shadowcaller
2017-03-28, 01:15 PM
Drinking all the Drinks

Ambrosia just smiles in response to Cassandra's evaluation. "That about covers it, yes."
At Fayyaad's comment, she raise her armored finger however. "Ah! But dragons might not always be as obvious as they might seem. They are powerful beings, and some of them can even disguise themselves if they so desire. Sometimes simply to allow themselves to visit places where giant dragons doesn't quite fit in. So you might still have to be careful." She argues.

Now, Simone's new subject is quite odd. "'Light breathing geese'? Are you sure they aren't some form of smaller dragon? I have never heard of simple birds being able to do that, and geese are actually similarly shaped to some types of dragons. Sounds like some kind of chimera."

happyturtle
2017-03-28, 01:27 PM
Geese!

"I only hear stories of the geese," Simone concedes. "I never see them. Maybe they small dragons. Only one way to be sure."

Zefir
2017-03-28, 05:45 PM
Drinking all the Geese

"You really want to search them?" Mr.C asks. "It's not like I would do that, but i wonder what they guard."

Ashen Lilies
2017-03-29, 04:58 AM
Cassandra begins to look uncomfortable as the discussion seems to drift towards looting the MagCave. Were these guys for real? Did they not-
"There are better corpses to pick at than the cyborg's," she declares harshly. Why did the spectres of her old life always have to encroach on her like this, when she was least prepared? Infuriating. She struggles to not let the tears show, that had come unbidden to the corners of her eyes. :smallmad:

Morty
2017-03-29, 08:56 AM

Fayyaad peers at Cassandra. He has no idea why she seems upset by the topic. And who's this "cyborg" she speaks of? Even though the blurry haze of alcohol, though, he recognizes the need for a topic change.

"Well, this is the Nexus. Should be plenty of places to go on an adventure in. Has anyone heard of such?"

His eyes then focus on Cassandra once more.

"Wait... you said you spoke to a dragon recently. When was it?"

Shadowcaller
2017-03-29, 10:28 AM

"I have come in contact with strange creatures living in the sewers of inside. Two of the adventurers I traveled with before descended down there and were attacked by them. So if it's danger that you're looking for, that's where I'd go. However, if it is money you're after, I came a cross a poster that had bounties on beasts of the hunting grounds. Ever heard of it? I hear there are a great deal of wild dragons living there like animals and that there is a great spirit that rewards you for killing the beasts that live within it. Might be something to look for." There was so much to study, was there dragon geese? Was there wild animalistic dragons? These questions both needed answers.

Zefir
2017-03-30, 05:00 AM

"Oh, I could only be of help if you want to invastigate something." Mr.C replies. "I got some way to defend myself, but my true strength is the numberless amount of language I know. (As long as they have been writen down by someone)"

happyturtle
2017-03-30, 01:37 PM
Drinking All the Drinks

"Leave me out of Hunting Grounds expedition," Simone says, shaking her head. "I travelled with two women who were servants of hunting god. They try to teach me, but killing animals is icky. I have to be hungry to do that again."

8BitNinja
2017-03-31, 05:33 PM
An elf teleports in from somewhere else. He is wearing a blue hooded robe, carrying a brown staff in his left hand, and a very thick book in his right. On his belt, there are multiple wands in one sheath and a writing kit. Over his shoulder are two small pouches. Also on his back are two other staves. As for his appearance, he looks like he's aged, even for an elf, and on his hands are covered in runed gloves. The elf looks around and then says to whoever cares to listen "Is there anyone in need of a wizard? I will work for anyone if I am promised magic items for my work."

Ashen Lilies
2017-04-04, 11:06 PM

"I... excuse me," says Cassandra, pushing her stool away from the bar and standing up. "I need some air."

She stumbles towards the exit.

happyturtle
2017-04-05, 03:05 AM
Drinks >> Outside

Simone looks after Cass with concern, and after a moment, drops out of the conversation to slip out of the bar and follow her. She looks around outside to see where she might have gone.

Morty
2017-04-05, 02:36 PM

"The Hunting Grounds sound good, but count me out of sewer expeditions," Fayyaad declares. Then Cassandra leaves. Fayyaad looks back after her worriedly, but since Simone is already following, he doesn't get up. No use crowding her, if she's distraught. "Did any of us say something wrong?"

Shadowcaller
2017-04-05, 04:17 PM

Ambrosia looks after Cassandra as she leaves. "I'm not sure, admittedly I might have been a bit too caught up with my own subject to see what distraught her." She tells Fayyaad, before she considers for a moment. "Was it something about this cyborg, perhaps? They might have a history."

Zefir
2017-04-06, 04:18 AM

Mr C looks after the two as they head out of the tavern.
"I'm not sure." He replies to the other people. "Maybe it it about the cyborg, but she appeared a bit off when we talked about dragons and all. Good thing I didn't mention the amulett that grants me a half dragon body."

Fendrick
2017-04-08, 07:20 AM
The tavern door opens with a creak. In steps a disarmingly cute human-sized rat creature, on his hind legs. He is biscuit coloured and smells faintly of custard cream biscuits, and goes by the name Fendrick. Fendrick approaches the bar, and places his butt on a stool, his forepaws on the bar. His tail swishes happily as he orders a drink, and looks around to see other patrons, as he is new to the area.

Deathkeeper
2017-04-08, 09:15 AM
The rat person certainly has a menagerie of patrons to gaze upon, from the black Griffin nearby with goggles around its neck, the blue-clad human with a tiny dragon on his shoulder at the bar, practically glowing with magic, the teenage Minotaur by the fire, or the enormous blue pig-person enjoying a plate of wings alone, carefully using all four of his arms.

None of them seem particularly busy, or with anyone to talk to.

Fendrick
2017-04-08, 09:27 AM
The rat person, Fendrick, is intrigued by the menagerie of patrons around him; never before has he been part of a crowd in which he hasn't stuck out in the slightest. Eased into his new surroundings, he leans over to pet the intriguing little dragon. He inquires of the human, 'what is this little fellow's name? I hope he won't singe my fur!'

Fendrick is tentative in approaching the human and dragon, and awaits the human's reaction to being slightly tickled by his long whiskers. He means no offense, but his ratty whiskers stretch wide and its hard to avoid invading other peoples personal space with them.

Deathkeeper
2017-04-08, 11:59 AM
Zebes (pronounced "Zeebs" no matter what Nintendo says) is a dragon about the size of a small cat, with scales the color of a gold-copper alloy and a face that always seems to be smiling. Though he does not shy away from being pet, he does pipe up, "Hey buddy, dinner and a movie first!"

Jacen, his human, is dressed in leather boots and a simple outfit of jeans and a shirt, though he has his trademark blue cloak draped over it. Old habits die hard.
"Zebes, be nice." he tells the dragon, answering the rat's question as well. "Don't mind him." he assures the rat.

Fendrick
2017-04-08, 12:05 PM
Fendrick the rat-person chuckles at the little dragon, and beams at Jacen. 'Nice to meet you' he says. 'I'm, well, as I'm sure you can tell I'm very new around here. I'm pleased to have received such a friendly welcome, I wasn't sure quite who I'd bump into when I stepped foot in this tavern.'

Fendrick offers to buy Jacen and his dragon each a drink, and extends a furry forepaw for a handshake.

Deathkeeper
2017-04-08, 12:24 PM
Jace shakes the 'hand' with a smile.
"It's no problem. Happens to everyone really. Do you know where you're going, after this tavern?" he asks.

Fendrick
2017-04-08, 12:33 PM
Fendrick beams even more (which looks a little strange on his ratty face) but then his face falls. 'No, I don't really have anywhere else to go to be honest' he sighs. 'I rather fancy myself adventuring someplace, but I don't even know where to begin.'

Morty
2017-04-08, 12:51 PM

"I didn't know a cyborg was even involved," Fayyaad admits. "It means someone who's half-machine, doesn't it? It's no business of ours, in any event. I hope Simone helps her."

Deathkeeper
2017-04-08, 01:10 PM
"Well, you could always hide out here and wait for someone to burst in asking for help. It happens more often than you think. Otherwise,
you could try joining up with the mercenaries, or looking for librarians who'd pay for finding rare books." the sorcerer suggests.

Fendrick
2017-04-08, 01:23 PM
'Hmm' Fendrick replied with a frown.

Shadowcaller
2017-04-08, 04:27 PM

"Ah, yes, sometimes I do forget to mind my own business, the curse of a scholar I suppose." Ambrosia muses, when her attention is stolen away for a moment by Jace and Zebes. She gives the two a wave and a smile. "But speaking of dragons, there's Jace and Zebes, they're friends of mine. I talked to Zebes, specifically since he was a dragon." She looks at Mr. C who she she usually had looked past during the conversation. It was easy to miss someone so small. "So therefore I'm curious, are you, Mr. C, a dragon? I am not entirely clear on how you can be half of a dragon."

Fendrick
2017-04-08, 06:00 PM
Fendrick the rat-person perks up his ears as he hears the names of his new acquaintances Jacen and Zebes. He takes a sip of his drink, just a glass of water, and beads of water somehow get stuck to his whiskers. He shakes his head absentmindedly to remove the tickly beads of water from his whiskers, and inadvertently sprays water to those nearby.

Ashen Lilies
2017-04-09, 02:02 AM
[Outside]

Simone will find Cassandra braced against the outside wall of the tavern, resting her head against her arm and looking at the ground. Even still, she picks up on Simone's approach immediately, which Simone might notice through the shift in her shoulders, though she doesn't look up or say anything.

happyturtle
2017-04-09, 08:22 AM
Outside

Simone sits on the ground near Cass, but not entirely facing her. Letting her have a little privacy at first.

"Do you know him?" Simone asks.

Deathkeeper
2017-04-09, 09:22 AM
Jace returns the wave from Ambrosia. Wow, it's been ages.
At the water, he only laughs, not bothered in the slightest.

Fendrick
2017-04-09, 09:55 AM
Fendrick the rat-person downs the rest of his drink, and gently places the beaker he was drinking out of back on the bar. Again absentmindedly he has a quick rat-like wash of his face, rubbing his ears and eyes and nose with his front paws. He slides off the bar stool and stands on his hindpaws, tail swishing slightly. He asks of Jacen, 'Do you know anyone who needs an able-bodied rat to run an errand for them, is there anyone I could approach that would like a new companion on their adventures? I figure the best way to settle in around here is to make myself useful. I was planning on heading to the Bookbinder's Library, I like the idea of finding some rare books''

As he said this, attention was drawn to the sharpness of his claws. His ears twitched, as they are very sensitive to the quietest of sounds, and his whiskers scoped out the atmosphere around him. It became apparent that Fendrick was a very alert creature, with strong muscles under his gentle pooch of fluff and fat. He could make quite a useful, if novice, companion.

Deathkeeper
2017-04-09, 12:31 PM
Jace frowns.
"Unfortunately we haven't had to look for work for quite some time. I'd suggest you ask around here, or at a mercenary office. They're the most likely places to find people asking for aid." the sorcerer suggests.

Morty
2017-04-09, 12:55 PM
"A friend of yours, then? I suppose I should go introduce myself." Fayyaad gets up, and walks over to the table where Jace is conversing with Fendrick. He's a tall, bronze-skinned tiefling with short, black hair and a pair of curved horns. There's a stubble on his cheeks and chin, and he's wearing a leather vest over a white shirt. He also has a quite visible tail.

"Greetings," he says. "It seems like we have a mutual acquaintance. While you," he adds, looking to Fendrick, "have the air of someone who has just arrived around here."

Fendrick
2017-04-09, 01:18 PM
'Hi' says Fendrick, offering his furry forepaw for a handshake. 'I'm VERY new around here... I was rather hoping I might meet someone in need of a companion, or indeed with an errand for me to run. I like to make myself useful.'

Fendrick's beige-brown fur looks like it might be very soft if you were to reach out and touch it. His pink tail, covered in a fuzz of light hairs, swishes gently and his whiskers and nose twitch as he reacts to the scent of Fayyaad. Fayyaad seems friendly enough, so Fendrick is at ease.

Deathkeeper
2017-04-09, 06:21 PM
Zebes gives Fayyaad a proper dragon bow, dipping his head and spreading his wings symbolically. Though mentally, he's wondering if he's the kind of person who'd get it if Zebes made a joke about stealing Han Solo's outfit.
"A pleasure. Jace. " he says to Fayyaad, awaiting an introduction.

Zefir
2017-04-10, 04:15 AM

"Well that's a bit complicated I think." MrC says. "As you can see I'm not a born beeing like you or the others." He looks at the other table where Fayyaad did head to. "Which means I got no Mom or Dad to recall my species. I assume my creator used something from dragons in my creation like the blood that runs through my veins. It showed of when I used the amulett. Didn't you met halfdragons? some breeds of human and dragons for example?"

Morty
2017-04-10, 10:39 AM
'Hi' says Fendrick, offering his furry forepaw for a handshake. 'I'm VERY new around here... I was rather hoping I might meet someone in need of a companion, or indeed with an errand for me to run. I like to make myself useful.'

Fendrick's beige-brown fur looks like it might be very soft if you were to reach out and touch it. His pink tail, covered in a fuzz of light hairs, swishes gently and his whiskers and nose twitch as he reacts to the scent of Fayyaad. Fayyaad seems friendly enough, so Fendrick is at ease.

Zebes gives Fayyaad a proper dragon bow, dipping his head and spreading his wings symbolically. Though mentally, he's wondering if he's the kind of person who'd get it if Zebes made a joke about stealing Han Solo's outfit.
"A pleasure. Jace. " he says to Fayyaad, awaiting an introduction.

"My name is Fayyaad," the tiefling says, deciding not to go into his full family name at this moment. "I don't have errands to run, but I do know some people who need people for those. Depending on what skills you have."

Fendrick
2017-04-10, 11:02 AM
Fendrick looks at the tiefling, and sighs. 'I am rather lacking in skills'
He says this quietly, as if ashamed. 'I could use some combat training, I mean, I have sharp claws and a keen nose, but I've always been rather.. Passive. I would like to go out adventuring, but I appreciate I won't get far if I can't defend myself!'

Fendrick is surprisingly agile for a creature with such a cute, bumbling air. His muscles flex under his pooch of fluff and it is apparent that with a little patience and guidance, he would make an adequate fighter/adventurer, fit to run any errand.

'I would really appreciate being guided in the direction of someone who does need an errand run, or indeed who needs a hand with any task, great or small. What I lack in expertise I make up in eagerness I guess!'

Murkus
2017-04-10, 11:22 AM
Somewhere around the agreed-upon hour, a tanned man of no particular height and athletic build enters the tavern. He'd be an unpeculiar human, with walnut-brown hair and a wide mouth made for grinning, if it wasn't for the antlers and large, flickering deer's ears that protrude from the sides of his head. He's dressed sparingly in a pair of old, cracked boots, a set of patched hide trousers, and a felty-looking vest studded with iron buttons. He wears the vest open, revealing just a slender line of chest and compact belly.

He takes a quick glance around before finding his way to a booth. It seems he might be waiting for somebody.

Ashen Lilies
2017-04-10, 11:45 AM
Outside

Simone sits on the ground near Cass, but not entirely facing her. Letting her have a little privacy at first.

"Do you know him?" Simone asks.

Cass doesn't answer immediately, first considering how much information to volunteer. Even drunk, the topic of her past, dredged up by the conversation about Magtok makes her anxious and afraid enough to have her guard up. "We never met," she says. "I know of him, I guess."

happyturtle
2017-04-10, 12:00 PM
Outside

Simone wonders if this is true. Why would she have gotten upset? But she can feel Cass's defensiveness, so she tries to go indirectly. "I work for him some, years ago. He was... strange. Always claiming to be evil, like he trying to convince himself."

Morty
2017-04-10, 06:57 PM
Fendrick looks at the tiefling, and sighs. 'I am rather lacking in skills'
He says this quietly, as if ashamed. 'I could use some combat training, I mean, I have sharp claws and a keen nose, but I've always been rather.. Passive. I would like to go out adventuring, but I appreciate I won't get far if I can't defend myself!'

Fendrick is surprisingly agile for a creature with such a cute, bumbling air. His muscles flex under his pooch of fluff and it is apparent that with a little patience and guidance, he would make an adequate fighter/adventurer, fit to run any errand.

'I would really appreciate being guided in the direction of someone who does need an errand run, or indeed who needs a hand with any task, great or small. What I lack in expertise I make up in eagerness I guess!'

Fayyaad's tail flicks.

"Hm. I don't know if the group where I find work offers combat training. Perhaps they could use someone to run errands for them in exchange for it, though. I'd have to ask the people I know there. I've also heard of a group called Vigil. But they're... of a different sort. Protectors and peacekeepers, not adventurers."

Felandria
2017-04-11, 01:03 AM
Felandria saunters into the tavern, wearing jeans, sneakers and a dark blue baby tee, her hair is loose and her lipstick is purple.

She takes a seat at her usual table as Paige walks by.

Hey, Fel!

The usual?

You know me too well.

Fel grins broadly as she flips a gold coin in Paige's direction.

She leans back and takes a look around, seeing if there are any new faces around, ones who might need someone to interact with. :smallsmile::smallsmile:

Fendrick
2017-04-11, 05:11 AM
To Fayyaad

Fendrick beamed at Fayyaad, 'Running errands in exchange for a little training would be perfect. Who do I need to talk to for this? I will stay in the Tavern, and just introduce myself to others,
but if you may have someone for me to get in touch with, I'd very much appreciate it.'

With that, Fendrick excuses himself and heads over to where Felandria is sitting.

To Felandria

'Hi' says Fendrick confidently, feeling more at ease in his surroundings now he has a few familiar faces. Fendrick is a human-sized rat, silver fawn in colouring (a biscuity brown). He smells faintly of biscuits (British custard creams, to be precise) and his long whiskers may accidentally tickle those nearby. He has perky pink ears and a slightly swishing pink tail, covered in light fuzzy hair. Fendrick extends a forepaw in greeting, and says, 'I'm Fendrick. You seem to know this area well, whereas I myself could use a little guidance. I'm still fairly new to these parts, you see.'

Felandria
2017-04-11, 01:48 PM
To Fayyaad

Fendrick beamed at Fayyaad, 'Running errands in exchange for a little training would be perfect. Who do I need to talk to for this? I will stay in the Tavern, and just introduce myself to others,
but if you may have someone for me to get in touch with, I'd very much appreciate it.'

With that, Fendrick excuses himself and heads over to where Felandria is sitting.

To Felandria

'Hi' says Fendrick confidently, feeling more at ease in his surroundings now he has a few familiar faces. Fendrick is a human-sized rat, silver fawn in colouring (a biscuity brown). He smells faintly of biscuits (British custard creams, to be precise) and his long whiskers may accidentally tickle those nearby. He has perky pink ears and a slightly swishing pink tail, covered in light fuzzy hair. Fendrick extends a forepaw in greeting, and says, 'I'm Fendrick. You seem to know this area well, whereas I myself could use a little guidance. I'm still fairly new to these parts, you see.'

Felandria smiles and gently shakes Fendrick's paw, her hand completely enveloping his.

Felandria is a lovely young half elf who happens to be about thirteen feet tall.

Hi, Fendrick, I'm Felandria.

Yeah, I know this place can be a little intimidating for a newcomer, I'd be happy to help you out.

You wanna take a seat?

There is a chair with a step stool on the other side of the table.

Fendrick
2017-04-11, 04:40 PM
Fendrick wasn't anticipating how tall Felandria would appear once he got close... But he was pleased that she accepted his handshake.

Fendrick takes a seat next to Felandria, careful to arrange his tail just so, to avoid it getting in other patrons' way.

'You have a pretty name' he says, 'It's a pleasure to meet you'

Fendrick beams his strange ratty smile and continues, 'I am very new around here, but seem to be settling in okay. I would very much like to run errands for some of the folk around here, so I get my bearings in terms of the surrounding area. Also, I do enjoy making myself useful! It's easy for a lumbering great rat like me to get in the way.'

Again, Fendrick beams. He really has fallen on his feet here; the locals seem so warm and welcoming. He really feels he might call this place home soon enough. Not that he HAS a home yet... that's something he didn't consider when he turned up empty handed! Not even a scrap of material to call clothes, nor a rucksack.

Reinholdt
2017-04-12, 12:49 AM
Somewhere around the agreed-upon hour, a tanned man of no particular height and athletic build enters the tavern. He'd be an unpeculiar human, with walnut-brown hair and a wide mouth made for grinning, if it wasn't for the antlers and large, flickering deer's ears that protrude from the sides of his head. He's dressed sparingly in a pair of old, cracked boots, a set of patched hide trousers, and a felty-looking vest studded with iron buttons. He wears the vest open, revealing just a slender line of chest and compact belly.

He takes a quick glance around before finding his way to a booth. It seems he might be waiting for somebody.

A little later and maybe even a little late a fair skinned nymph of beauty arrives at Trog's. She isn't blinding to look at, but she might be more than a little distracting. Still, she is dressed somewhat conservatively in a drab uniform that looks like it belongs to an officer, but no markings exist on it to indicate whom she might officiate for. The billowing purple cape completes the outfit and while it seems a little out of place to the practicality of the rest of the nymph's clothes, it does match well with her most striking feature: her shoulder length purple hair.

Ilpholin moves to meet up with the deer man after a short look around. "Hey. Sorry I'm late. Turned out to be a longer walk than I remembered." Her perceptions of distance and walking time have admittedly been skewed through the years by frequently utilizing Mister Squiggles to travel.

Felandria
2017-04-12, 02:07 AM
Fendrick wasn't anticipating how tall Felandria would appear once he got close... But he was pleased that she accepted his handshake.

Fendrick takes a seat next to Felandria, careful to arrange his tail just so, to avoid it getting in other patrons' way.

'You have a pretty name' he says, 'It's a pleasure to meet you'

Fendrick beams his strange ratty smile and continues, 'I am very new around here, but seem to be settling in okay. I would very much like to run errands for some of the folk around here, so I get my bearings in terms of the surrounding area. Also, I do enjoy making myself useful! It's easy for a lumbering great rat like me to get in the way.'

Again, Fendrick beams. He really has fallen on his feet here; the locals seem so warm and welcoming. He really feels he might call this place home soon enough. Not that he HAS a home yet... that's something he didn't consider when he turned up empty handed! Not even a scrap of material to call clothes, nor a rucksack.

Thank you.

Well, as you can tell, this place does tend to acoomodate just about anyone, no matter what size you are.

Errands, what kind of errands?

Fendrick
2017-04-12, 03:43 AM
Thank you.

Well, as you can tell, this place does tend to acoomodate just about anyone, no matter what size you are.

Fendrick replied, 'Well, errands such as finding a wizard's hat for him, or cleaning an old barn or... If it was possible, perhaps I could work in exchange for finding myself a place to live, or even just finding myself a rucksack would be kinda neat.' Fendrick then puffed up his chest as he said, 'I think I'm going to become an adventurer. What kind of adventurer doesn't have a lair to put their treasures!!'

.... Fendrick has rather grandiose ideas. Perhaps just finding a rucksack would be a good place to start?

Ashen Lilies
2017-04-12, 08:54 AM
[Outside]

Cassandra is confused by the sudden topic swap to Magtok's personal demons. She thinks she must have made a mistake somewhere for the conversation to come to this subject, but she isn't sure where.

"It's history. Whatever he was, now he's nothing more than a memory."

happyturtle
2017-04-12, 12:53 PM
Outside

Cass rolled too high on her Hide Motive.

Simone is silent for a moment, trying to work out how to reply. Finally she just says, "What happened, Cass? Do you want to talk about it?"

8BitNinja
2017-04-12, 08:17 PM
Thank you.

Fendrick replied, 'Well, errands such as finding a wizard's hat for him, or cleaning an old barn or... If it was possible, perhaps I could work in exchange for finding myself a place to live, or even just finding myself a rucksack would be kinda neat.' Fendrick then puffed up his chest as he said, 'I think I'm going to become an adventurer. What kind of adventurer doesn't have a lair to put their treasures!!'

.... Fendrick has rather grandiose ideas. Perhaps just finding a rucksack would be a good place to start?

An elf wizard ((I described him earlier, but tell me if I need to repost his description)) walks up to the table and says to the two "Excuse me, but did you say that you were looking for adventure. Could I come along? I know great magics that can make your enemies flee before you, and I don't just mean illusions. As long as I can get my hands on some of the magic items and books, I can help you find whatever you want. Wealth, power, glory, religion, it doesn't matter to me, as long as I can have some of the magic things you find. So what will it be?" He stretches out his hand and offers it in handshake to answer his agreement. He obviously doesn't care about butting into other people's conversations, or seems to have any idea of courtesy, but he does looked equipped to adventure. "By the way, my name is Gaelin Birel, pleasure to meet you."

Fendrick
2017-04-13, 04:23 AM
An elf wizard ((I described him earlier, but tell me if I need to repost his description)) walks up to the table and says to the two "Excuse me, but did you say that you were looking for adventure. Could I come along? I know great magics that can make your enemies flee before you, and I don't just mean illusions. As long as I can get my hands on some of the magic items and books, I can help you find whatever you want. Wealth, power, glory, religion, it doesn't matter to me, as long as I can have some of the magic things you find. So what will it be?" He stretches out his hand and offers it in handshake to answer his agreement. He obviously doesn't care about butting into other people's conversations, or seems to have any idea of courtesy, but he does looked equipped to adventure. "By the way, my name is Gaelin Birel, pleasure to meet you."

(Please could you describe the elf wizard again, I can't find your description of him)

Fendrick puffed up his chest again and said, 'I'M an adventurer... or, uh, I'd like to be'

The rat-person then looked to Felandria, to see what she would make of the elf wizard.

Ashen Lilies
2017-04-13, 07:52 AM
Outside

Cass rolled too high on her Hide Motive.

Simone is silent for a moment, trying to work out how to reply. Finally she just says, "What happened, Cass? Do you want to talk about it?"

[Outside]

"No."

"But... thank you for asking. And for coming out after me."

She steps away from the wall, her mood seeming to have improved, at least a little.

"We can go back inside."

She offers a hand to help Simone stand up.

Catalessi
2017-04-13, 09:48 AM
In mid-air, a few meters from the floor, appears a rectangular small gate to a place apparently dark and empty, facing the ground. after several seconds, a humanoid creature fall through the portal, landing on his face. he quickly get up, shakes his head and exclaims, looking up toward the window:
"yes! i did it! i escaped! take thath, destiny!"
he then look around, confused. approach the closest living thing and ask, loudly enough to make sure all nearby people hear:
"excuse me. tell me the name of this place. hum. please?"
he has gray skin, yellow eyes, blak hairs and orange, quite large horns. he seems young, and wears simple, dark clothings, with a green symbol on the t-shirt, depicting a stylized chalice.
the portal fades away

Earl of Purple
2017-04-13, 11:20 AM
The nearest person is human, or at least looks that way right now. They're young; early twenties at most, and slender; their frame and face are both androgynous, though their black hair is short and cut in a distinctly masculine style. Their eyes are green, and bright. They are wearing a red chequered shirt, buttoned up the front, and a pair of sturdy black jeans. On their feet are a pair of brown work-boots, and resting on the table within their reach is a leather satchel, with a stylised crow branded into the front of it. "This is Trog's Tavern, mate. In the Nexus. I'm Jack, pleased to meet you."

Catalessi
2017-04-13, 11:42 AM
"nexus? is the name of this world? in what sector of the empire is it? or... wait...
whe are not in the empire, right? this... is... another universe"

he looks around, whit a slightly shocked face.

"this... is wonderful! i did it! anyway, my name's hidrus engize. it's a, hem, a pleasure? to meet you.
wow"

happyturtle
2017-04-13, 01:39 PM
Outside

[Outside]

"No."

"But... thank you for asking. And for coming out after me."

She steps away from the wall, her mood seeming to have improved, at least a little.

"We can go back inside."

She offers a hand to help Simone stand up.

Simone takes her hand. "If you like to." she says, with her head cocked, a half smile on her face. But if Cass is sure, she will go back inside with her.

Ashen Lilies
2017-04-13, 02:35 PM
Well, Cassandra returns to the scene on the inside of the tavern, which has changed quite a lot since she left it.

Cassandra is a dark elf woman (http://i.imgur.com/qTBUgWJ.png) - she's currently wearing a light colored shirt, dark trousers and boots, and a heavy overcoat with a hood (http://68.media.tumblr.com/fe6aa872997a4edd3a7ecd302514109a/tumblr_inline_nacb9vSMyy1qdwmw1.png), though of course the hood isn't currently up at the moment.

[B]"Wow. It's very crowded all of a sudden."

Morty
2017-04-13, 03:08 PM
Fayyaad has returned to the table he shared with his company by now, since Fendrick is now talking to someone else. He looks up at Cassandra.

[B]"You're back. Are you feeling better? My apologies if something I said disturbed you."

8BitNinja
2017-04-13, 09:00 PM
(Please could you describe the elf wizard again, I can't find your description of him)

Fendrick puffed up his chest again and said, 'I'M an adventurer... or, uh, I'd like to be'

The rat-person then looked to Felandria, to see what she would make of the elf wizard.

The elf is wearing a blue hooded robe, carrying a brown staff in his left hand, and a very thick book in his right. On his belt, there are multiple wands in one sheath and a writing kit. Over his shoulder are two small pouches. Also on his back are two other staves. As for his appearance, he looks like he's aged, even for an elf, and on his hands are covered in runed gloves.

"What do you think you need to be one? Adventurers are just people who wander around and find things." Gaelin thinks about it for a moment and says "Do you need to buy things? Are you the type who likes to use weapons and armor?"

Murkus
2017-04-13, 10:24 PM
A little later and maybe even a little late a fair skinned nymph of beauty arrives at Trog's. She isn't blinding to look at, but she might be more than a little distracting. Still, she is dressed somewhat conservatively in a drab uniform that looks like it belongs to an officer, but no markings exist on it to indicate whom she might officiate for. The billowing purple cape completes the outfit and while it seems a little out of place to the practicality of the rest of the nymph's clothes, it does match well with her most striking feature: her shoulder length purple hair.

Ilpholin moves to meet up with the deer man after a short look around. "Hey. Sorry I'm late. Turned out to be a longer walk than I remembered." Her perceptions of distance and walking time have admittedly been skewed through the years by frequently utilizing Mister Squiggles to travel.

Adir perks up, his ears standing straight. "Oh, yeah. Hey. No big thing," the stag grins. "I had to wait a little longer at a bar. Oh, woe is me." His ears wiggle and he wags his eyebrows as he raises a flagon from the table to his lips.

"No sign of Harn... Harnetta, yet," Adir says. He's been practicing remembering that. He wipes away a little 'stache of foam. It's maybe worth noting he's otherwise clean shaven, which differs from when Ilpholin used to know him. He was at least a little stubbly then most of the time. "I, um, hope she's still staying here. If not, well, I've got free reign to drink the night away, so..." Adir rolls his eyes to the side innocently and drinks again. "You'll walk me home, right? You seem to like walking." That grin appears again.

Earl of Purple
2017-04-14, 07:27 AM
"Yes, Nexus is the name of the world. There was an empire, but it's not here any more. And I guess Nexus is its own universe, yeah. But you can get here from any other universe, if you try hard enough, or do something wrong, or just walk down the wrong alleyway at the wrong time. As you're new, tradition requires me, as the first person to meet you, to buy you a drink. What do you want?" Jack smiles, but she's hoping Hidrus isn't an escaped murderer or anarchist or evil wizard or something, because that would not look good for her.

Catalessi
2017-04-14, 10:56 AM
"Yes, Nexus is the name of the world. There was an empire, but it's not here any more. And I guess Nexus is its own universe, yeah. But you can get here from any other universe, if you try hard enough, or do something wrong, or just walk down the wrong alleyway at the wrong time. As you're new, tradition requires me, as the first person to meet you, to buy you a drink. What do you want?" Jack smiles, but she's hoping Hidrus isn't an escaped murderer or anarchist or evil wizard or something, because that would not look good for her.

"oh, well, thank you, i guess. i don't know what kind of drinks are produced here, choose you what to offer.
so, this is the 'nexus', uh? what a fortune. my planet is beig ravaged by a flaming apocalypse, so i'll probably stay here. and, hemmm...
what kind of creature are you? and all those other 'aliens'?"

Earl of Purple
2017-04-14, 12:32 PM
"They serve most drinks here. I'll get you lemonade, to begin with." Raising a hand, Jack orders a glass of lemonade for the newcomer, which arrives promptly. "I'm sorry to hear about your world. Most of the people in the room are humans, or human enough to interbreed with humans. And a warning; you're from a place reliant on technology, yes? Well, here, magic is real, and just as widespread as technology. If not slightly more prevalent. Not everything you see, hear, smell, feel or taste will make sense according to the rules and regulations which govern your homeworld, even if it isn't magic." Jack doesn't answer the question on her species, however; she looks to be completely human, but that may be deceptive.

Fendrick
2017-04-14, 01:20 PM
The elf is wearing a blue hooded robe, carrying a brown staff in his left hand, and a very thick book in his right. On his belt, there are multiple wands in one sheath and a writing kit. Over his shoulder are two small pouches. Also on his back are two other staves. As for his appearance, he looks like he's aged, even for an elf, and on his hands are covered in runed gloves.

"What do you think you need to be one? Adventurers are just people who wander around and find things." Gaelin thinks about it for a moment and says "Do you need to buy things? Are you the type who likes to use weapons and armor?

Fendrick thought for a short while before replying, 'I...I have no money. So, I uh, can't buy anything at all' :smallfrown:

Fendrick can envisage himself wearing a tweed waistcoat, lined with green silk. Perhaps such a waistcoat would have ample pockets to store other trinkets and items he may collect on his travels. Other than that, Fendrick has keen senses and sharp claws; he is unaccustomed to wearing heavy armour, and it probably wouldn't suit him anyhow.

He looks over at Felandria, and wonders if she could perhaps help him find a waistcoat?

Catalessi
2017-04-14, 02:54 PM
Hidrus take a quik sip of the strange liquid, before gargling it all with a sound of approvation. Then, he looks back at Jack

"yeah, i always knew that magic was real, though i've never seen it. and for my planet, it was destiny that willed so. the signs were clear."

He stare for a moment in the glass, then continue with a less serious tone

"so, you are one of those 'humans'? for you probably is normal, but i've never seen an intelligent creature different from a troll. it is what i am. a troll. i must admit, you look strange, with your pale skin and your lack of horns.
well, and how is the life here? who is in charge of everything? and... there is someone i should be wary of?"

He ask, narrowing his eyes with the last question

Felandria
2017-04-14, 02:59 PM
Fendrick thought for a short while before replying, 'I...I have no money. So, I uh, can't buy anything at all' :smallfrown:

Fendrick can envisage himself wearing a tweed waistcoat, lined with green silk. Perhaps such a waistcoat would have ample pockets to store other trinkets and items he may collect on his travels. Other than that, Fendrick has keen senses and sharp claws; he is unaccustomed to wearing heavy armour, and it probably wouldn't suit him anyhow.

He looks over at Felandria, and wonders if she could perhaps help him find a waistcoat?

Fel smiles at Fendrick.

Well, sweetie, if you need anything, I'm sure I can help.

She pulls out a small bag of gold.

And if you need a place to stay for a bit, you could always crash at my place.

Fendrick
2017-04-14, 03:09 PM
Fendrick beams and greedily holds out a paw, but then remembers himself and shakes his head

'I cannot accept this... Unless I can do you a favour in return?'

Fendrick really would like to get his paws on a green-lined tweed waistcoat, he'd look rather fetching in one!! But where would he begin to look for such an item? And he doesn't wish to take advantage of Felandria's generosity.

Fendrick is very grateful for the offer of a place to stay, he just wishes he could return the kindness he has been shown by Felandria. In all, he feels very welcome in the Nexus, he's glad he travelled here!

Also, Fendrick wonders whether if he were to adventure with the elf wizard Gaelin, that Felandria would come along? Fendrick hasn't adventured before, so he's rather unsure of protocol.

Earl of Purple
2017-04-14, 03:47 PM
"I'm different. I look human, but I don't feel like a human. You won't find another like me in the pub. Life here's good for some, bad for some, and middling for most- like most places, I imagine. I'm happy with my life, mostly. I'd like a bit more excitement, but that's why I left home. Nobody's in charge of 'everything'. But everywhere's got someone in charge. Mostly, they all get on, except in Riverside and Skyside, and I haven't heard of bloodshed in Riverside. And no more than the usual in Skyside, which doesn't have a someone in charge. Don't go near AMEN, they're always unpleasant, but other than that, I can't really think of anyone. But be careful here, don't insult people casually. They might be a massive flying reptile in disguise." She's completely serious with the last, but other than that, Jack doesn't have much more advice to give. She only left her hometown quite recently, where everyone's like her.

Catalessi
2017-04-14, 04:35 PM
"I'm different. I look human, but I don't feel like a human. You won't find another like me in the pub. Life here's good for some, bad for some, and middling for most- like most places, I imagine. I'm happy with my life, mostly. I'd like a bit more excitement, but that's why I left home. Nobody's in charge of 'everything'. But everywhere's got someone in charge. Mostly, they all get on, except in Riverside and Skyside, and I haven't heard of bloodshed in Riverside. And no more than the usual in Skyside, which doesn't have a someone in charge. Don't go near AMEN, they're always unpleasant, but other than that, I can't really think of anyone. But be careful here, don't insult people casually. They might be a massive flying reptile in disguise." She's completely serious with the last, but other than that, Jack doesn't have much more advice to give. She only left her hometown quite recently, where everyone's like her.

"well, umm t...thanks. you are, hum, 'nice', answering all these questions. to be sincere, i still have no idea on what to do now. maybe, ill just try to rebuild my old life. or maybe not. i feel a great urge to unheart the ancient secrets of this world, but those are not things you can ask around. anyway, i think i'll stay in this 'tavern' a little more. maybe get to know some other resident. i can see a good number of interesting folks.

Hidrus take a look at the surroundings, studing the customers.

Earl of Purple
2017-04-14, 04:45 PM
"No worries. We're all new once, after all. Adventurers are quite common, actually. Someone might have something for you to do." Also, just realised: Jack isn't a dragon in disguise. The previous post may have given that impression, but Jack's not a dragon.

Ashen Lilies
2017-04-14, 04:46 PM
Fayyaad has returned to the table he shared with his company by now, since Fendrick is now talking to someone else. He looks up at Cassandra.

[B]"You're back. Are you feeling better? My apologies if something I said disturbed you."

[B]"We're alright," says Cassandra, waving a hand dismissively. "You didn't say anything to offend."

8BitNinja
2017-04-14, 09:59 PM

Fel smiles at Fendrick.

Well, sweetie, if you need anything, I'm sure I can help.

She pulls out a small bag of gold.

And if you need a place to stay for a bit, you could always crash at my place.

Fendrick beams and greedily holds out a paw, but then remembers himself and shakes his head

'I cannot accept this... Unless I can do you a favour in return?'

Fendrick really would like to get his paws on a green-lined tweed waistcoat, he'd look rather fetching in one!! But where would he begin to look for such an item? And he doesn't wish to take advantage of Felandria's generosity.

Fendrick is very grateful for the offer of a place to stay, he just wishes he could return the kindness he has been shown by Felandria. In all, he feels very welcome in the Nexus, he's glad he travelled here!

Also, Fendrick wonders whether if he were to adventure with the elf wizard Gaelin, that Felandria would come along? Fendrick hasn't adventured before, so he's rather unsure of protocol.

Gaelin says "I can also help out. I don't have much money, but it's definitely not enough to buy magic gear, so I don't mind spending it on you. Perhaps I could buy you a short sword or a short bow with a few arrows?"

Fendrick
2017-04-15, 01:35 AM
Fendrick feels warm and fuzzy inside when he thinks of the generosity of those around him.

A sword would be most useful, not that he knows how to use one but he's sure he can soon learn.

In addition, that waistcoat would be useful as somewhere to store what money he may earn in the near future, and the odd trinket.

Fendrick suggests, 'Gaelin, Felandria. Why don't we go find some magical items, and on the way pick up some questing materials, like a short sword and perhaps we'll also come across a dashing waistcoat for myself. Do you have any idea where to go for a good quest?'

Fendrick shrugs; he has no idea where to head first. Again, he is grateful for the generosity shown to him and eager for an opportunity to repay the favour.

Felandria
2017-04-15, 03:19 AM
Fendrick feels warm and fuzzy inside when he thinks of the generosity of those around him.

A sword would be most useful, not that he knows how to use one but he's sure he can soon learn.

In addition, that waistcoat would be useful as somewhere to store what money he may earn in the near future, and the odd trinket.

Fendrick suggests, 'Gaelin, Felandria. Why don't we go find some magical items, and on the way pick up some questing materials, like a short sword and perhaps we'll also come across a dashing waistcoat for myself. Do you have any idea where to go for a good quest?'

Fendrick shrugs; he has no idea where to head first. Again, he is grateful for the generosity shown to him and eager for an opportunity to repay the favour.

Ooh, a quest, I'm always up for a quest!

Where to go for one, though, can't think of anything specific at the moment.

Any ideas, Gaelin?

Catalessi
2017-04-15, 04:38 AM
"No worries. We're all new once, after all. Adventurers are quite common, actually. Someone might have something for you to do." Also, just realised: Jack isn't a dragon in disguise. The previous post may have given that impression, but Jack's not a dragon.

"adventurer? i've never considered myself an adventurer. well, i've never worked in my life, but i figure i'll have to start somewhere. maybe i will ask around."

Hidrus does a gesture with his left hand, like he is grasping something in mid-air, and a chalice appear in his grasp. is seems ancient, and Hidrus looks absently at the writings that cover it

8BitNinja
2017-04-15, 12:50 PM

Any ideas, Gaelin?

"I'm new here myself." says Gaelin "Something I learned in hindsight coming here is that when several gods send divine messengers to tell you to not tamper with some force, don't do it. But that isn't important. Surely there is a smithy somewhere here, but I don't know where I can find quests. I tried asking on the street, but no one seemed to care."

Fendrick
2017-04-15, 02:45 PM

Any ideas, Gaelin?
"I'm new here myself." says Gaelin "Something I learned in hindsight coming here is that when several gods send divine messengers to tell you to not tamper with some force, don't do it. But that isn't important. Surely there is a smithy somewhere here, but I don't know where I can find quests. I tried asking on the street, but no one seemed to care."

'Ah.' said Fendrick. 'I think I can sniff out the way to a smithy,
but where do we find a tailor for that waistcoat I so desire?'

Apart from a short excursion to find a sword and a waistcoat, Fendrick is still a little unsure of where to go next. Are there any items that Felandria and Gaelin need before they can adventure?

Reinholdt
2017-04-15, 10:16 PM
Adir perks up, his ears standing straight. "Oh, yeah. Hey. No big thing," the stag grins. "I had to wait a little longer at a bar. Oh, woe is me." His ears wiggle and he wags his eyebrows as he raises a flagon from the table to his lips.

"No sign of Harn... Harnetta, yet," Adir says. He's been practicing remembering that. He wipes away a little 'stache of foam. It's maybe worth noting he's otherwise clean shaven, which differs from when Ilpholin used to know him. He was at least a little stubbly then most of the time. "I, um, hope she's still staying here. If not, well, I've got free reign to drink the night away, so..." Adir rolls his eyes to the side innocently and drinks again. "You'll walk me home, right? You seem to like walking." That grin appears again.

"It's not my favorite form of exercise, but people are still a little skittish around me, so I make do." Ilpholin slides into the seat beside Adir with a small smile. "And yeah, I'll get you home safe if you want. No problem." The nymph suspects he doesn't get many nights off with that plethora of spawn back home, but doesn't ask either. Then again, he's had time to clean up so who knows?

Ilpholin orders herself a glass of red wine before continuing. "Have you asked the staff? They should have a registry of who's staying upstairs. Unless she's using an alias." Ilpholin wouldn't imagine Harnetta to be the type, but then there was a lot she realizes she didn't know about the dragonoid.

Fendrick
2017-04-16, 08:45 AM
Fendrick heads towards the door of the tavern, and gestures for Felandria and Gaelin to follow.

'I can work out where the swordsmith is, and from there I need to go to the tailor. After that, I know where we can go... On my way to the tavern, I passed a small cottage and it smelled like magic. It sits on a hill to the west, and there is a dirt track leading up to it. It seemed uninhabited, so I would rather like to check it out and see if I could settle there, I've always wanted to live in a cottage.'

Fendrick waits to see if Gaelin and Felandria will follow him out of the tavern, into Inside to buy supplies. The cottage is in Outside.

Earl of Purple
2017-04-16, 08:52 AM
"Adventuring is only barely work, so don't worry. I'm sure you'll be fine. That's a neat trick; how'd you do it?" Jack thinks it looks like magic, but knows it could very well be technology of some kind; Hidrus did say he believes in magic but wasn't familiar with it, she thinks.

Catalessi
2017-04-16, 11:34 AM
"what? i just captchalogued it. it is something everyone can do... like... put things in your sylladex, and take them out later. it's like the most normal thing in the world."
"or... maybe not in this world..."

Hidrus lets go the chalice, wich disappear again

"you are really helpful, jack! i'm learning many interesting things about this world! and, huh, thanks"

Earl of Purple
2017-04-16, 02:53 PM
"I don't have a sylladex. That's why I have a satchel, to put things in and carry them physically rather than... However you're carrying that now." She motions towards her satchel as she speaks, a brown leather bag with a sturdy strap and a stylised crow branded into the leather. It's a pretty nice bag, and it's reasonably sized as well.

Catalessi
2017-04-16, 04:06 PM
"uh, yeah, i too can carry things 'phisically', but the sylladex is just so handy, and it let me carry around many things, like, my entire collection of chalices. i guess primitive civilizations like yours don't have it. um, by the way, nice satchel. i like hand-made things. they were hard to find, back on alternia."

Hidrus looks around again. It seems like he's running low of conversation topics, but at the same time he don't know what else do.

Earl of Purple
2017-04-16, 04:13 PM
"Most dislike their communities or cultures being derided as 'primitive', Hidrus. In my case, it's fair. My kind dislike grubbing around underground, so we don't have metallurgy or mining. We don't particularly need either; we have other advantages that make up for our lack, and humans and others are often more than willing to do it for us." Though Jack is still keeping her exact nature a secret, she's quite glad to hear Hidrus complement her bag.

Felandria
2017-04-16, 06:54 PM
Fendrick heads towards the door of the tavern, and gestures for Felandria and Gaelin to follow.

'I can work out where the swordsmith is, and from there I need to go to the tailor. After that, I know where we can go... On my way to the tavern, I passed a small cottage and it smelled like magic. It sits on a hill to the west, and there is a dirt track leading up to it. It seemed uninhabited, so I would rather like to check it out and see if I could settle there, I've always wanted to live in a cottage.'

Fendrick waits to see if Gaelin and Felandria will follow him out of the tavern, into Inside to buy supplies. The cottage is in Outside.

Fel's drink arrives, she downs it, leaves money on the table and accompanies Fendrick.

Shadowcaller
2017-04-16, 07:44 PM

"Well that's a bit complicated I think." MrC says. "As you can see I'm not a born beeing like you or the others." He looks at the other table where Fayyaad did head to. "Which means I got no Mom or Dad to recall my species. I assume my creator used something from dragons in my creation like the blood that runs through my veins. It showed of when I used the amulett. Didn't you met halfdragons? some breeds of human and dragons for example?"

[Back Inside<==>Drinking all the Drinks]

"I've met half-dragons yes, but I've yet understand how they can be. Speaking biologically, it should be impossible for them to create offspring together. Even shapeshifted I don't see how it could work. Dragons from my homeworld could shapeshift as well, but they only produced human offspring, if any at all." She explains while turning to the newly returned Cassandra, and Simone. "Glad to see you two back, you haven't missed anything though. We've mostly been discussing the same things as you left. We must be quite dull." The scholar remarks with a smile.

Catalessi
2017-04-17, 02:15 AM
"Most dislike their communities or cultures being derided as 'primitive', Hidrus. In my case, it's fair. My kind dislike grubbing around underground, so we don't have metallurgy or mining. We don't particularly need either; we have other advantages that make up for our lack, and humans and others are often more than willing to do it for us." Though Jack is still keeping her exact nature a secret, she's quite glad to hear Hidrus complement her bag.

"oh, well the empire was pretty advanced, so it is not a bad thing to be less evoluted than it. but i can understand. i still don't understand what's the deal with your people, but it's fine. maybe i can buy you a drink? or maybe not, i don't have any money. humm. do you know if there's a place where i can rest, until i find a new hive?"

Earl of Purple
2017-04-17, 08:40 AM
"Most of our neighbours think we're human. We aren't, no more than we're birds. We're neither, and both. We're shifters, with the ability to look human, or look like crows, or mix the features of the two however we wish. As for somewhere to stay, Trog's has rooms. Or there's other hostels. Most places accept any currency you happen to have on you, so don't worry about not having money." Though Jack's not willing to give Hidrus any of her currency. "Would you like to see what I can do?" Now she's decided to drop the mysterious act, she wants to show off.

Catalessi
2017-04-17, 08:58 AM
"well, i really have no money. but maybe i can sell some of my chalices to someone: they are ancient, and i think that some of them is magic, and i have a whole bunch of them whit me.
so, you can change form? it seem interesting! show me!"

Morty
2017-04-17, 02:54 PM
[Drinking All the Drinks]

Fayyaad smiles, and orders a new round. But his player can't think of much else to add, so perhaps they just keep on drinking off-screen.

Earl of Purple
2017-04-17, 03:11 PM
"I'd be tempted to buy one of those chalices, if I had a use for it. Or a permanent place to keep it." As it is, Jack mostly uses her shapeshifting ability to sleep in forgotten attics and, in nice weather, in roof gardens. Flight is fun.

After the remark, Jack stands up and starts to change. She contracts, shrinking down from human-sized to jackdaw-sized, and feathers erupt across her body, bursting through the clothing which is changing with her. Her boots are absorbed into her flesh, and her feet splay out into the three-forward one-back configuration of a bird, and her arms flip backwards and change into wings. A beak emerges from her face, and her eyes move so they are on the sides of her head. Her eyes don't change; they stay the same piercing grey, though they may look brighter now they are surrounded by grey-black feathers rather than pale human skin. When the process is complete, and it's a silent one- no snapping bones or agonised wails- Jacqueline Door has transformed into a jackdaw. She tilts her head to look at Hidrus, and flaps onto the table.

Celticbear
2017-04-17, 04:07 PM
Someone told me "Trog's" is a good place to start, so here's my intro.

The door opens forth as a man walks in, but this (like pretty much everyone else) is no ordinary man.

He wears a dark green robe and cowl, the cowl actually covers most of his face with the only feature outside is the red skin and toothy smile. He wears a chain shirt over his robe which clinks at every step. Six horns rip through the fabric of his cowl at the top of the man's head, each one lined like a ram's horns. Upon the belt of this man, though why he needed a belt in the first place is ludicrous he's wearing a robe, was a scabbard, and laying inside the scabbard is a sword with a great yellow cat's eye. The cat's eye dashes from person to person for each movement, deciding whether the action is intended for malice.

Howdy! I just traveled from the prime material plane and boy are my arms tired. You know, I thought that the Boneyard of Pharasma would look like, well, a graveyard not a bar. Wait, what is a wizard blizzard? That sounds great already, do you take Inner Sea money, or are you weird planer monstrosity that wants my voice or something? says Xavouir Markard as he makes his way to the bar

8BitNinja
2017-04-17, 04:55 PM
Fel's drink arrives, she downs it, leaves money on the table and accompanies Fendrick.

Gaelin too leaves to Outside

Deathkeeper
2017-04-17, 05:14 PM
The Fellow currently standing near the bar as Xavouir is an odd one indeed. Taller than even an orc usually grows (about 7 feet/210 cm) and deep blue, he'd stand out like a sore thumb even if he wasn't also enormous by other definitions, with a huge, fat body and limbs that hide great amounts of muscle. Four hirsute arms extend from his simple jacket and two tails from his pants, the only two articles of clothing visible on him as he doesn't have a shirt on under the jacket. His pig-like face has an earnest, cheery expression that belies almost everything else about him.
"They take everything, don'tcha worry about that." says the Nexus' only spigre genially.

Catalessi
2017-04-17, 05:15 PM
Hidrus stare fascinated at the trasformation, and don't hide his surprise

"wow! you're incredible! i mean, it's a normal thing for you, and probably in this realm people an things like you are common, but still...
and i thougt i was weird, whit my heaps of chalices and studies on destiny..."

Zefir
2017-04-17, 05:22 PM
[Drinking All the Drinks]

"Some books I read mention that dragons use a magic to have such offspring. Allowing their seed to take the human shape but gain Dragon powers after birth or later." Mr.C replies. "I know there is a wide field off options, but that may be something to talk at another time." he says as the others come back.

"Welcome back." he greets them. "I hope you are all right."

Earl of Purple
2017-04-17, 05:25 PM
"Talking uncomfortable like this. Will change back." She flaps back onto the floor, and the transformation reverses. She grows in size, absorbing the feathers back into her skin which changes to a red chequered pattern before flapping out as her shirt, her wings bend and twist back into arms, her toes coalesce into a single foot, from which grows a steel toe-capped boot and her beak is sucked back into her face as her eyes re-position themselves into a human's binocular gaze. "People like me aren't that common. As I said, I'm probably the only shifter in the room. Even if others can change their shape, they probably aren't the same thing as me. I'm normal only in that I'm unusual." As the other bar's denizens can attest.

Catalessi
2017-04-17, 05:54 PM
"People like me aren't that common. As I said, I'm probably the only shifter in the room. Even if others can change their shape, they probably aren't the same thing as me. I'm normal only in that I'm unusual." As the other bar's denizens can attest.

"yeah... but, i mean... it seems like hardly anyone noted you... and it seems like there are wizards in this room! i was very lucky to end up here. and to find someone, hum, nice as you. trolls are not very nice. actually, i'm usually less friendly than this, but i'm behaving because... well, because i thougt you wanted to trick me.
anyhow, do you know some wizard? like, the one that just entered seems totally one, i mean, he even got a cowl!

Hidrus gestures torward the last arrived, whitout trying to hide it

Earl of Purple
2017-04-17, 06:07 PM
"I don't know any wizards, I'm afraid. He could be one; why don't you go and ask? I've not actually been here that long." Jack's my newest character. She's a little puzzled by why Hidrus was behaving if he thought she was going to be tricky, before assigning it to differing cultures.

I also don't know, because I've not read the webcomic Hidrus is based on- I started Homestuck (I think that's right?) but couldn't get into it.

Celticbear
2017-04-17, 06:21 PM
Not a wizard per say, I'm actually a bartender in my... uh... universe. I have studied the arcane though, but hang on a minute!
I picked up a Plane Shift scroll, and I ended up here? What is here? Well, whatever "here" is I want my money back for the phony plane shift.
I mean I've seen some weird stuff in my time being my sword's personal meat puppet, but this is... what is it Kitty? Oh I'm talking too much. Well some people might like the sound of my voice, has that ever crossed your mind? Well excuse me for not appealing to your vocal "delicacies", but I'm my own man! What do you mean i owe you twelve minutes? Wait, no. Yeah I guess that counts. Can't believe this. says Xavouir.

Xavouir looks around at the weird stares, and while he pulls thirty gold pieces from his pocket and slides it to the resident bartender, he says, Oh, I keep forgetting not all of you can hear her. This is Kitty, Xavouir gestures towards the sheathed scabbard, and she's the hero here, not me. I just carry her around with me, and when the fighting inevitably breaks out, she fights, I sit back and relax. Mentally speaking. It's complicated

Deathkeeper
2017-04-17, 06:40 PM
Sam snorts out a laugh, then looks extremely embarrassed.
"I wish it worked that way. Steve generally just calls me fat when we fight. I think he thinks it's endearing." he says with a double-shrug.

Catalessi
2017-04-17, 07:32 PM
"I don't know any wizards, I'm afraid. He could be one; why don't you go and ask? I've not actually been here that long." Jack's my newest character. She's a little puzzled by why Hidrus was behaving if he thought she was going to be tricky, before assigning it to differing cultures.

I also don't know, because I've not read the webcomic Hidrus is based on- I started Homestuck (I think that's right?) but couldn't get into it.

"uuh, fine, i'll go talk to him. he also seems to be in my same situation, so the help of someone with experience will be useful for him"
He says, with a hint of superiority

(besides, yes, i based him on Homestuck, and he comes from a proud warrior race that among other things see the feeling of friendship as a disease)

Celticbear
2017-04-17, 09:06 PM
I could use someone to explain what's gone wrong with my plane shift, and WHERE MY WIZARD BLIZZARD IS! At first I just wanted one to see what it was, but now I just want to get hammered. What do mean I shouldn't get drunk on the job? There is no job! Unless there is a job I'm unaware of, in which case I'll take that job. says Xavouir.

Deathkeeper
2017-04-17, 10:08 PM
An NPC brings the drink shortly.

"You might wanna try your planeshift again before you blow your chance to get back, buddy. You're in the Nexus, gutter of the multiverse.
And it's pretty hard to leave once you're here." Sam cautions of the demon-fellow.

Murkus
2017-04-18, 12:28 AM
"It's not my favorite form of exercise, but people are still a little skittish around me, so I make do." Ilpholin slides into the seat beside Adir with a small smile. "And yeah, I'll get you home safe if you want. No problem." The nymph suspects he doesn't get many nights off with that plethora of spawn back home, but doesn't ask either. Then again, he's had time to clean up so who knows?

Ilpholin orders herself a glass of red wine before continuing. "Have you asked the staff? They should have a registry of who's staying upstairs. Unless she's using an alias." Ilpholin wouldn't imagine Harnetta to be the type, but then there was a lot she realizes she didn't know about the dragonoid.

"People are skittish around you?" Adir looks at her over his flagon, disbelieving. He nods appreciation at her acquiescence, especially since he hadn't been entirely serious. Maybe he is now. "And I haven't asked, no. You think? I wondered about that, but I couldn't believe they would just tell me if I asked after someone staying here."

Celticbear
2017-04-18, 05:29 AM
An NPC brings the drink shortly.

"You might wanna try your planeshift again before you blow your chance to get back, buddy. You're in the Nexus, gutter of the multiverse.
And it's pretty hard to leave once you're here." Sam cautions of the demon-fellow.

Know anyone with a plane shift scroll just lying about? Oh boy, I think I'm here to stay. sighs Xavouir

Catalessi
2017-04-18, 05:56 AM
Know anyone with a plane shift scroll just lying about? Oh boy, I think I'm here to stay. sighs Xavouir

A humanoid creature approach. He has gray skin, yellow eyes, black hairs and a pair of large, orange horns. He wears simple clothes, with a green symbol depicting a stilized chalice on the t-shirt

"hum, hi. e-excuse me, do you came here casting a spell? heh, i just arrived here too. it seems like taverns are a focal point for hijacked inter-world travels"

Celticbear
2017-04-18, 06:08 AM
But why? Why do the immortal and apparently immoral forces of the universe decide to plop you inside a alcohol infused location when your just trying to reclaim your house keys from a party that took place in the area signifying death? Boy, let me tell you those Psychopomps can party like there's no tomorrow. laughs Xavouir

Catalessi
2017-04-18, 06:28 AM
Hidrus nods whit a serious expression

"i don't know nothing about alcohols or psychopomps, but i'm here because destiny willed so. maybe it's the same for you. or maybe not. who know. mmmh."

He seems at short of arguments to look wise.

Fendrick
2017-04-18, 06:37 AM
Fendrick hastily says, 'I need to pop to the tailor's first. You carry on without me, and I'll meet you at the cottage.'

Trog's >> Outside

Celticbear
2017-04-18, 08:27 AM
Well, as long as I'm here I might as well pick up some death points. Anyone know of / is a great evil that needs to be extinguished? I've faced many a foe, including but not limited to The Great Old Ones, Liches, Dark Demigods, Werewolves, and Aliens. Like I said I've been to Numeria, and that place is full of the stupid gray buggers. proclaims Xavouir.

Catalessi
2017-04-18, 09:14 AM
Well, as long as I'm here I might as well pick up some death points. Anyone know of / is a great evil that needs to be extinguished? I've faced many a foe, including but not limited to The Great Old Ones, Liches, Dark Demigods, Werewolves, and Aliens. Like I said I've been to Numeria, and that place is full of the stupid gray buggers. proclaims Xavouir.

"i get like half of those tings, but it seems like in this place there are lots of strange people, so probably you will find someone to beat without problems. and you all are pretty alien to me, but maybe you were meaning something else"

says Hidrus, with a content look

Celticbear
2017-04-18, 01:06 PM
No no no, I'm collecting death points! My holy mission to the Lady of Graves, Pharasma, is to seek out, and destroy all forms of evil. If I do I get to keep Kitty as a personal bodyguard, and get a sweet afterlife when I die. In order to do that though, I need a stable amount of death points. What do you mean it's for the good of the people? Nobody asked you Kitty, and for me it's an assured good afterlife instead of the one my demonic heritage would have given me. So I restate my question! I can do power-hungry overlords too if there are any of those. says Xavouir.

Catalessi
2017-04-18, 01:47 PM
"well, i think there are those 'AMEN' guys that might be evil. like, an evil organization or something. but other than that i don't have anything else to say, because i basically landed here 20 minutes ago"

Reinholdt
2017-04-19, 02:21 AM
"People are skittish around you?" Adir looks at her over his flagon, disbelieving. He nods appreciation at her acquiescence, especially since he hadn't been entirely serious. Maybe he is now. "And I haven't asked, no. You think? I wondered about that, but I couldn't believe they would just tell me if I asked after someone staying here."

Ilpholin raises an eyebrow at Adir's disbelief. She knew she wasn't the easiest woman to get along with, even if she may have been the easiest one to get in bed with. And that was before the stigma that came with playing double agent. "Little bit."

"Well you won't know until you ask," Ilpholin points out, moving on and taking a sip of her wine. "Just do it with confidence and flattery. Turn up that fey charm of yours and flex your muscles a few times for Paige and I'm sure she'll just melt right into your request." She smirks at Adir, as if she was daring him.

Deathkeeper
2017-04-19, 12:29 PM
The ex-Jackdaw seems lonely with its conversation partner talking to the mage, so Sam trundles over to say hello.
"Looks like your buddy is busy awhile." he observes.

Celticbear
2017-04-19, 01:06 PM
Looks like what? Oh that. So, know any good places other than this one where I can get a drink? Maybe some evil to vanquish? A dark artifact to destroy? A tyrant to depose?
Ah who am I kidding. From the looks of it everyone here's a saint, or the partial equivalent of. says Xavouir

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I better get going. It's been fun, and the Wizard Blizzard tasty, but I need to find a way back to Golarian. Who knows, maybe I'll find another crummy scroll and pop back here some other time. says Xavouir as he makes his way out the door.

Earl of Purple
2017-04-19, 05:13 PM
"Not such a buddy; I've only just met him. I'm Jack, pleased to meet you." The androgynous shapeshifter (currently looking like a human in steel toe capped boots, jeans and a red chequered shirt, with short black hair in a masculine cut and grey eyes) smiles at the newcomer, who is a very unusual individual from the description over the page.

"Want a drink? I'm not having alcohol; got plenty of lemonade, though." Alcohol causes a few problems to somebody who plans on changing size and then flying to somewhere to sleep tonight. There is, indeed, quite a bit of lemonade; at some point, she's ordered a jug and several glasses.

I looked up 'spigre', and got no coherent responses. It means something tool-related in a Germanic language I didn't recognise, judging by the Google Image results. And Jack's still a jackdaw; even though she looks human now. Just like she's still human when she looks like a jackdaw.

Deathkeeper
2017-04-19, 05:21 PM
Spigre is just a portmanteau of spider-pig-ogre, the three things roughly mixed into Sam's genetic code. Though truth be told he could probably pass as a very mutated Seeq.
"Sam, I'd love some." he says cheerily, taking one of the glasses in his thick fingers.
"you always drink so much?" he asks.

Earl of Purple
2017-04-19, 05:28 PM
"Not quite so much, no. But Hidrus was having some, too. He likes it; I don't think they have carbonated drinks where he comes from. They don't have them where I'm from, either. I love the fizziness." She grins at the Spigre, which could be an Ogipider. So whilst she couldn't have drunk the whole jug, she could easily have polished off two or three glasses on her own.

Oh, and she doesn't look like she's over twenty, either. Or if she is, it's not by much, and she's got a slender build. On the table next to her is a large satchel made of brown leather, with a stylised crow branded into the leather of the opening flap.

Deathkeeper
2017-04-19, 06:00 PM
"Funny how things work. I've known about it for ages, but I only have been able to actually drink it recently." says the spigre who might actually be younger than the jackdaw if that's the case, though from his girth and his deep voice it might be hard to tell.
Sam takes a sip of the drink. He has to drink very slowly, as one must do when using a normal human glass when you've got a nose that takes up most of your face and tusks sticking out of your mouth.

Earl of Purple
2017-04-19, 06:12 PM
"My people are still in the stone age, or would be if we didn't trade with humans. We do get fizzy drinks, but not often. And they're expensive luxuries for the chief, warlock, and other leaders. The rest of us made do with home brewed wine, water and occasionally juice. If no one decided to ferment it. Lemonade's a very good reason to have left home, that and new horizons. How about you, anyone else like you out there?" If Sam didn't catch her conversation with Hidrus earlier, the first sentence may throw him, slightly; Jack is identical to a human, besides an extra shapeshifting ability. And that's pretty common magic... Though the way Jack does it, isn't quite magic. It's supernatural, but more super-natural than unnatural.

((It's late here, so I'm going to bed now. I might not be able to post tomorrow, either. (Though, the 'tomorrow' I refer to is now 'later today', but it's still over twelve hours away so it counts.) Goodnight, LDK.))

Deathkeeper
2017-04-19, 09:38 PM
"Well, depends on what you mean by 'like' me. If you mean fat idiots who enjoy cooking, there's probably tons. If you mean blue pig-ogres, then no, that's just me. Long story." Sam says simply, not a hint of bitterness in his self-deprecation.

Catalessi
2017-04-20, 01:06 AM
Hidrus walk back from his short conversation

"well, wizards are pretty busy people, aren't they? oh, another resident. or maybe, the only resident, since everyone else seem to be just arrived. i'm hidrus"

Earl of Purple
2017-04-20, 11:11 AM
"I did kind of mean blue pig-ogres, yes. Though, I didn't think ogres were fat. They're large, yes, but due to heavy bones and thick muscle, with maybe some padding on top." But Jack hasn't actually met or seen any ogres, as for some reason they aren't as common as trolls as a PC race.

"But at least there's people out there with whom you share an interest, even if you're the only one of you. Hi, Hidrus. We've been drinking your lemonade. Hope you don't mind" Jack waves at the reappearing troll.

Deathkeeper
2017-04-20, 11:53 AM
Sam grins at the girl, putting hands on his belly and shaking it just a little for effect. "I don't know about ogres but I certainly am. I can also lift a grown horse but that doesn't make my butt any smaller." he jokes with a laugh. He snorts again, and again looks embarrassed.

Catalessi
2017-04-20, 01:46 PM
"well, its basically your lemoniide, even though you gave it to me, so you can give it to anybody you want."

Hidrus take another glass and empties it quikly.

"i really like it! we have carbonate drinks too, but they are basically water with lots of sugar. it seems like another upside of the imminent destruction of my race"

He nods, with a cheerful face

Earl of Purple
2017-04-21, 11:07 AM
Jack smiles at Sam's deprecating humour, and says "Lifting a horse is pretty impressive. How many arms does it take?" If less than four, could he lift two at the same time?

When Hidrus remarks upon his species' near-extinction, she looks a little horrified, and turns to him, smile forgotten. "That's terrible. What's happening?"

Deathkeeper
2017-04-21, 11:32 AM
"I've never done the real thing but I've lifted five hundred kilos before. I didn't try it with only half my arms..." Sam works out occasionally when he feels bad about himself or when he remembers that he needs to use his muscles if he wants to keep them.
"You seem...happy about that. They bastards or something?" he asks the troll.

Catalessi
2017-04-21, 01:09 PM
"oh, humm, i don't know if we are particularly bastards. because, well, i've never encountered a member of another race. i learned many sweeps ago about the destiny of my kind, piecing together clues and resolving riddles discovered in ancient tombs, and its like an old tale to me, even if it isn't appened yet. it's a convulted and mosly obscure story, but essentially, it's like this: on the home planet of my race live a beign with enormous psychic abilities. after the asteroid shower from which i fled, something will make her angry, and she will psychically exterminate every troll in the universe, whit few exceptions. so, end of the empire."

Hidrus seems serious now, but not sad.

"in truth, it's a shame that my race has to die. but it's inevitable. it's the destiny."

Earl of Purple
2017-04-21, 02:39 PM
"If I found out my village and all my kind were due to be wiped out by some massive psychic monster, I'd try my hardest to stop them. Or at least, warn people about it, to try and see if we could stop it together. Even the ones I don't like, even if it is 'destiny'. Because if that's what 'destiny' says, screw destiny sideways, backways and upside down." Jack doesn't like everyone in her home village, but she'd save them from death if she could. They're her people, and it's her home, even if she hates them/it. And she's quite vehement with her words, too.

Murkus
2017-04-21, 03:14 PM
Ilpholin raises an eyebrow at Adir's disbelief. She knew she wasn't the easiest woman to get along with, even if she may have been the easiest one to get in bed with. And that was before the stigma that came with playing double agent. "Little bit."

"Well you won't know until you ask," Ilpholin points out, moving on and taking a sip of her wine. "Just do it with confidence and flattery. Turn up that fey charm of yours and flex your muscles a few times for Paige and I'm sure she'll just melt right into your request." She smirks at Adir, as if she was daring him.

Adir, at least, doesn't seem to have felt that way about her. Or he's remembering her better than she was. A possibility. He matches her eyebrow with a witless stare and a little shrug.

"Oh, gods," Adir pushes the heel of his hand into his cheek and turns his face away. "Don't put me up to that. I'm not even sure I remember how to charm a woman. I'm not sure I ever knew at all."

Catalessi
2017-04-21, 05:08 PM
"If I found out my village and all my kind were due to be wiped out by some massive psychic monster, I'd try my hardest to stop them. Or at least, warn people about it, to try and see if we could stop it together. Even the ones I don't like, even if it is 'destiny'. Because if that's what 'destiny' says, screw destiny sideways, backways and upside down."

"ha! like i haven't tried. but, the thrut is, all those events are completely unstoppable. and i'm only an oliveblood. and i'm still young. there is nothing i personally can do, and no one give a **** about what i say. but those are all things of the past. i have accepted my destiny, and that of my race. they probably don't deserve it. but it's the only outcome possible. and i have left all this things behind, and see this situation with complete scientific detachment"

He looks offended, and slightly sad. After the monologue, he stare at the surface of the table for some seconds, with a strange expression

Deathkeeper
2017-04-21, 09:19 PM
Sam blinks. How exactly does one respond to that?
"Have you tried getting cake? Because that would make me feel better." he says flatly.
Which is not a joke about Sam being fat, just an accurate example of the curative powers of cake.

Earl of Purple
2017-04-21, 09:33 PM
"Yes, cake and vengeance. Not necessarily in that order, to be fair. Cake and vengeance." Jack really doesn't know how Hidrus can have scientific detachment when talking about the possible extinction of his species, and the deaths therefore of his family.

That sounds like a cool battle cry. 'For cake and vengeance!'

JohnCena
2017-04-21, 09:40 PM
good job dudeeeee

Catalessi
2017-04-22, 02:05 AM
"mmh. yes. cake. it does help, true. i've eaten cospicuos amounts of cake, after i realized vengeance was impossible. i'm not indifferent before the extinction of my species. but i try to be, because all others courses of action are useless."

He still sound a bit sad, but he's trying to brighten up.

"but i've talked about myself enough. what about you?"

Hidrus point at Sam

Deathkeeper
2017-04-22, 07:29 AM
Sam blinks.
"M-me? I'm a giant blue pig. What's there to say?" he asks them.

Catalessi
2017-04-22, 10:42 AM
"oh, nothing. it's just that you really stand out, even in this crowd of weird people."

Earl of Purple
2017-04-22, 01:52 PM
"He's unique, Hidrus. That's a good thing, because it makes him special, but it can be a bad thing too. It can be lonely." Alternately, Sam survived a racial calamity but lost his memory of the event, and is unaware of his people's extinction. But that's the kind of needlessly depressing sad that I tend to favour, so it's unlikely. I think.

Deathkeeper
2017-04-22, 02:34 PM
"Oh! I'm not lonely. I have a girlfriend." he says proudly, taking out a tablet phone and bringing up a picture of himself with a perky human blonde with red robes and a host of cybernetic enhancements. They're grinning with the girl resting her head on Sam's chest.
"i have no idea what she sees in me, to be honest."

Earl of Purple
2017-04-22, 02:42 PM
"That's good, loneliness is the worst. I might not have my family from the Clattering, but I've got the rooftop tribes, though it took me a while to find them." Jack smiles at the photograph, and is quite impressed by the technology, too. Not that she's aware it's technology, as it could be magic, and the Clattering's natives mostly borrow and steal their technology from humans.

Reinholdt
2017-04-22, 04:06 PM
Adir, at least, doesn't seem to have felt that way about her. Or he's remembering her better than she was. A possibility. He matches her eyebrow with a witless stare and a little shrug.

"Oh, gods," Adir pushes the heel of his hand into his cheek and turns his face away. "Don't put me up to that. I'm not even sure I remember how to charm a woman. I'm not sure I ever knew at all."

"Oh I don't know about that. You seemed to have no problems charming Sakura," Ilpholin points out with a teasing smirk. "Multiple times." Embarrassed people could be adorable and Adir was no exception.

"How are you holding up with that anyways? A lot of kids must mean a lot to give."

Catalessi
2017-04-22, 04:14 PM
"oh, yes, loneliness is terrible. i really hope to find many pals here."
He looks very briefly at the photo
"mm-hm. hey, this is some kind of phone? there's an internet here?"

5a Violista
2017-04-23, 12:18 AM
A wild Kuriko appears!
... and by that, I mean a girl named Kuriko walks into the tavern. She looks human enough, but due to her presence here in the Nexus, there's always a chance that she's not a human. (And if you guessed she wasn't a human, you'd be correct! She is, in fact, actually a goomba, but misfortune turned her into a human.)

She is also a certified Sociologist.
By observing her for more than a few moments, it's easy to notice how awkward she finds hands and fingers to be.

Kuriko smiles and greets all the NPC regulars in the Tavern, and waves at everyone else. Then, she sits on a bar stool, and orders her lunch for the day. "A Hero Sandwich and a Velvet Elfish, please."

Deathkeeper
2017-04-23, 12:28 AM
"Uh, yes, there's an internet. Sherrel made me a custom computer so I could play games with her. I'm awful at them, but that's okay." he says with a shrug. This is of course a mistake on his part. Sam is just awful at Overwatch. He is actually insanely good at platformers, and beat the Lion King SNES game as a child. He mostly is having trouble because his muscle memory for that time doesn't match his present, much larger hands.

Catalessi
2017-04-23, 05:42 AM
"great. i would like to try the local games someday. aren't you too old for things like this?"

He ponders something for some seconds

"so, jack said you are unique. you are like, a mutant or something? it's strange to me, because in the empire all the mutants get culled. but i guess, there's no problem here? or maybe i'm wrong."

Earl of Purple
2017-04-23, 08:25 AM
"How can you be too old for a portable device letting you talk to your friends over incredible distances?" Which is what a phone is for, and what the ones in the Clattering are used for. Not that there's many, given the shifter's low-technology preference.

Catalessi
2017-04-23, 09:04 AM
"no, no, i was referring to the games. i said 'this' where i should have said 'these'."

Of course, given the hig-tecnology preference of the trolls, no one can be too old, or too young, for a portable communication device

Deathkeeper
2017-04-23, 09:12 AM
Sam raises an eyebrow, confused.
"Too old? I'm 18. How is that too old?" he asks.

Catalessi
2017-04-23, 09:38 AM
"yeah, 18 *is* old. or what, in this place one is considered young until senility?"
Hidrus Himself appears to be around 20 years old, so it seems a strange remark

Fendrick
2017-04-23, 10:55 AM
Fendrick the man-rat walks in. He is wearing a tweed waistcoat with green silk lining, and his only other adornment is a jasper ring. He is silver fawn in colour (a warm biscuity brown) and smells of custard cream biscuits (an English favourite). He takes a seat near Kuriko, and orders a glass of milk.

'Hi, I'm Fendrick' he says, extending a furry forepaw for a handshake. If Kuriko chooses to respond, his paw will feel warm and gentle. His handshake is quite firm, just right.

Earl of Purple
2017-04-23, 11:47 AM
"How long do trolls live, Hidrus?" Because that may explain things. "Humans live until they're seventy, at least. Some reach over a hundred, and senility isn't guaranteed at any age." I used to work in a care home for people with dementia; most (if not all) of the residents were younger than my next door neighbour, who is house bound through physical, rather than mental, infirmity.

Deathkeeper
2017-04-23, 11:48 AM
"I'm supposed to live twice as long as a human, so I'll probably make it to at least one-fifty..." Sam muses, confused at the troll's questions.

Catalessi
2017-04-23, 01:09 PM
"wow, really? well, lower classes generally don't pass fifty, when nobilty can live for thousands of sweeps. but everyone accrue adulthood around 8 or 10 sweeps. i am seven, and i shall live at least to the age of one hundred sweeps, if nothing kill me. which is probable, because destiny likes to torment me"

Hidrus isn't joking when speak about destiny: whatewer he means, he take it seriously

Earl of Purple
2017-04-23, 02:46 PM
"I'm nineteen. The village elder claims he's one twenty one, but because he's the village elder, he's the eldest, so nobody else was alive when he was born. And he's a shaman, and magic can distort things. I think we live longer, but I'm not sure. The old ones go... Dour. Not pleasant company." Jack didn't want to spend too much time with them, because of that.

Deathkeeper
2017-04-23, 03:05 PM
"Sounds weird. There's nobody else like me, so I don't know. For humans there's no weird thing about age." he says simply. He hopes he doesn't have weird effects when he's old, like getting even bigger.

Catalessi
2017-04-23, 03:14 PM
"ha! like all the young tolls, i've never seen an adult, but i've read lots of stories. i am sure i'll become something like my ancestor, who was pretty badass. also he died at at the age of 20."

Earl of Purple
2017-04-23, 03:21 PM
"Humans get weaker as they get old. That's weird. Trolls sound weirder, though." Adulthood at ten, but the youngsters never see the adults? How are the children raised? What happens? These and other questions are flooding through Jack's mind.

Catalessi
2017-04-23, 03:47 PM
"oh well, i don't know whats weird. we just grow up guarded by our lusus, until we can leave the planet and serve the empress. only the youngs live on alternia, the home world of my species. the adults travel the galaxy conquering planets and stuff like that."

He also seemed interested when Jack talked about his people, like he enjoyed learning about another species' habits. and probably also about magic.

Deathkeeper
2017-04-23, 05:31 PM
"Wait, the place with the cartoon about the buff guy?" Sam asks.
I'm pretty sure that Eternia, Sam.

Earl of Purple
2017-04-23, 05:35 PM
I'm unfamiliar with both, so Jack ignores both references to focus on the name and statements.

"What's a lusus? Why did you conquer the worlds? If you have the technology to conquer planets, why can't you fight off this monster that will attack your people?" Jack is very curious, it seems. Also androgynous, meaning her gender isn't immediately apparent.

Catalessi
2017-04-23, 06:05 PM
"whats a lusus? it is simply your big old monster that raise and protect you. we conquer other worlds because we can. and the things about the apocalylptic monster are a bit complicated. she will probably become angry because a meteor lands on her, and so she will exterminate my race with her last cry. also, shes the empres' lusus."

woops my fault, i mistyped

5a Violista
2017-04-23, 06:43 PM
Fendrick the man-rat walks in. He is wearing a tweed waistcoat with green silk lining, and his only other adornment is a jasper ring. He is silver fawn in colour (a warm biscuity brown) and smells of custard cream biscuits (an English favourite). He takes a seat near Kuriko, and orders a glass of milk.

'Hi, I'm Fendrick' he says, extending a furry forepaw for a handshake. If Kuriko chooses to respond, his paw will feel warm and gentle. His handshake is quite firm, just right.

Taking a break from her food, Kuriko extends her hand to shake. She's never shaken the hand of someone with paws before, so she somewhat clumsily shakes his hand. "And I'm Kuriko," she responds, smiling warmly.

Then, she laughs. "Sorry," she explains, "Shaking your hand just tickles a little bit."

"So. How are you doing?"

Fendrick
2017-04-24, 02:44 AM
I'm well thank you' says Fendrick. He takes a sip of his milk, getting droplets of it on his whiskers somehow. 'I've just been on my first adventure' he says proudly, showing off his jasper ring that he earned. It lets him see in the dark; he's really keen to try it out!!

'And how are you? I'm sorry that I tickled you. I promise my fur is very well kept and clean though, I comb it everyday.'

Deathkeeper
2017-04-24, 05:41 AM
Sam says nothing for now. He is far too confused by the whole lesus thing to follow the conversation between the two.

Earl of Purple
2017-04-24, 11:11 AM
"Do you have a lusus here?" Jack can't see a big old monster, but maybe it's invisible, or can transform? Or it's in his captchalogue, or whatever he called his personal extradimensional space. Jack, incidentally, doesn't have a lusus. For protection, she has brass knuckles.

Catalessi
2017-04-24, 12:01 PM
"sadly, no. he was killed a sweep ago. it was the worst day of my life. i was lucky that my moirail helped me trought that phase"

Anyway, Hidrus is well past the age in which he has to rely on the protection of his monster-dad.

Murkus
2017-04-24, 12:45 PM
"Oh I don't know about that. You seemed to have no problems charming Sakura," Ilpholin points out with a teasing smirk. "Multiple times." Embarrassed people could be adorable and Adir was no exception.

"How are you holding up with that anyways? A lot of kids must mean a lot to give."

"You still make everything sound like innuendo," Adir, a little flush in his already tan face, sticks his tongue out at Ilpholin and puts his drink to his mouth again. "She's special, though." He holds up a finger as he declares this. "Or easily charmed."

The mention of the kids, even if it's about how he's holding up with them, makes Adir smile warmly. "Sure, uh, I guess. You feel stretched really thin a lot of days. It's gonna get harder once I have a job..." He leans his head back. "I mostly just worry about making sure they're all happy. Mm, it's not so hard with the littlest ones yet."

"To tell you the truth, it's gonna be nice to get out of the house - Cessie's house - and do my thing again."

5a Violista
2017-04-24, 06:59 PM
Kuriko looks down at the ring in his hand. "Oh, wow! That's a cool ring. What is it, Carnelian? Jasper? Sardonyx?" She's not a geologist, so she doesn't know her gemstones all that well. "It's really pretty."

Realizing that she was asked a question, she says, "Oh! I'm doing really well. Just really curious to know whether that ring originated in the Nexus or some outside culture."

Recaiden
2017-04-24, 09:38 PM
Leah slinks into the tavern, looking around high and low on her way to the bar. How long has it been since she visited this place? Before Shadow, but after the battle at the council? Seems like a lifetime.

The tiger-centauress settles herself near the bar, adjusts her sunglasses minutely (has she really never been to Trog's with her glasses?) and orders a glass of Eladrin cabernet.

Reinholdt
2017-04-25, 02:08 AM
"You still make everything sound like innuendo," Adir, a little flush in his already tan face, sticks his tongue out at Ilpholin and puts his drink to his mouth again. "She's special, though." He holds up a finger as he declares this. "Or easily charmed."

The mention of the kids, even if it's about how he's holding up with them, makes Adir smile warmly. "Sure, uh, I guess. You feel stretched really thin a lot of days. It's gonna get harder once I have a job..." He leans his head back. "I mostly just worry about making sure they're all happy. Mm, it's not so hard with the littlest ones yet."

"To tell you the truth, it's gonna be nice to get out of the house - Cessie's house - and do my thing again."

"Must be a talent of mine. I tried not to make innuendo once, but it was hard. So hard," Ilpholin says with a grin. Though she isn't sure anything involving Adir and Sakura qualified as innuendo or just proven fact.

"I know a little bit about trying to keep too many people happy." Bad Ilpholin. Running AMEN and babysitting is a poor comparison and you know it. "Just wait until they're all teenagers at the same time." Not helping.

Ilpholin takes another sip of her wine, though it hardly seems touched, while glancing at the various people coming and going, keeping an eye out for red half-dragons. "Ah yes, you are supposed to explain this secret job you're getting. Does it pay enough for a family your size or are you or Sakura going to have to pick up more on the side?"

Fendrick
2017-04-25, 10:19 AM
Kuriko looks down at the ring in his hand. "Oh, wow! That's a cool ring. What is it, Carnelian? Jasper? Sardonyx?" She's not a geologist, so she doesn't know her gemstones all that well. "It's really pretty."

Realizing that she was asked a question, she says, "Oh! I'm doing really well. Just really curious to know whether that ring originated in the Nexus or some outside culture."

Fendrick beams, explaining that the ring is jasper and he got it while Adventuring. 'The ring is from the Nexus. I'm hoping to use its powers on my next adventure, but I don't know what my next adventure will be.'

Earl of Purple
2017-04-25, 01:28 PM
"How long is a 'sweep'? Is it equivalent to a year, or longer?" Jack really hopes she doesn't have to explain how this world governs time; most places are at least decent enough to share the same system of days, months and years- even if the months have different names, and the weeks are of differing lengths.

Catalessi
2017-04-25, 03:02 PM
"hek if i know what a "year" is. you have strange names for things here. and also don't have lusii and other completely normal things? it seems like every time i explain something, theres another thing you don't know. which is fine, but i've never been good at talking."

Then, if sam is still here, he turns torward him and ask

"do you want to buy a chalice? it may or may not be magic"

Deathkeeper
2017-04-25, 03:10 PM
"How much and what would they do if they are magic?" Sam asks. The leastbhe can do for a Nexus newbie is buy something off him.

Earl of Purple
2017-04-25, 03:20 PM
"A year is three hundred and sixty five days. A day is twenty four hours. An hour is sixty minutes, a minute is sixy seconds, and a second is one, two, three, four." The last bit has Jack counting seconds, to try and carry across the idea of human-based time systems. "How long is a 'sweep'?" She doesn't comment on how she doesn't have the 'completely normal things' that Hidrus used to take for granted; she can turn into a bird, which is therefore infinitely better.

Catalessi
2017-04-25, 03:43 PM
"i don't know. i don't know absolutely nothing about magic. so, if you like it, you can pay what you want. maybe enough to buy a meal. i have so many of them. in fact, i should have grabbed something more useful, but how does one leave behind al those cool antiquities?"

He put an hand on the table, and a big ancient chalice appears in his grasp. it is engraved with omnious symbols, like skulls and things like that, and alternian writings.

"oh yes, one of the coolest"

- - - Updated - - -

"A year is three hundred and sixty five days. A day is twenty four hours. An hour is sixty minutes, a minute is sixy seconds, and a second is one, two, three, four." The last bit has Jack counting seconds, to try and carry across the idea of human-based time systems. "How long is a 'sweep'?" She doesn't comment on how she doesn't have the 'completely normal things' that Hidrus used to take for granted; she can turn into a bird, which is therefore infinitely better.

"aw yes, a sweep is like, nine hundred days.

He doesn't seems al that interested, although he is trying to be nice

Deathkeeper
2017-04-25, 03:55 PM
Sam looks at the chalice. It does look cool at least.
"Well it looks cool. What does it say on it?" he asks, laying a pair of fat gold coins on the table.

Catalessi
2017-04-25, 04:13 PM
"it is an ancient blessing, often used in the past times to wish good luck to someone. it says 'Do Not Wait Until Your Enemy Is Weak To Strike, But Make Him Weak By Striking'."

He is clearly very fond of his knowledge

Earl of Purple
2017-04-25, 04:33 PM
"So, by that logic I am... Basically six sweeps old. Because I'm nineteen years old." But my maths may be wrong, due to dyscalculia. And I don't have a proper calculator app on my laptop any more, I've got a search bar that does maths. But it's not a calculator, so I don't trust it fully.

It's not that I don't trust the calculator, it's that I don't trust myself to put the right sum in.

Deathkeeper
2017-04-25, 04:48 PM
Sam laughs.
"Oh, so it's like an old warrior's cup? That's pretty cool. Alright, I'll take it. Pour me a drink, Jack." the spigre says with a grin.

5a Violista
2017-04-26, 12:53 AM
Kuriko nods, laughs, and says "go on" during all the appropriate parts of the explanation.

"Well," she says, "hanging around here is usually the best way for an adventure to come up." It's true, though. Taverns are the most likely place for random people to come in asking for adventurers.

"I've never actually been on an adventure," the woman confesses. "Been too busy with schooling."

Fendrick
2017-04-26, 10:35 AM
Kuriko nods, laughs, and says "go on" during all the appropriate parts of the explanation.

"Well," she says, "hanging around here is usually the best way for an adventure to come up." It's true, though. Taverns are the most likely place for random people to come in asking for adventurers.

"I've never actually been on an adventure," the woman confesses. "Been too busy with schooling."

Fendrick smiles, a strange rat-toothed grin, and nods. He is curious that the woman has never been on an adventure and asks, 'What have you been studying?' He would love to study, and indeed would make a good student, what with his human-sized brain.

Catalessi
2017-04-26, 11:09 AM
Now that he has obtained some wealth, Hidrus settles for starting to squander it immediately: he orders lemonade and other carbonated drinks, offering them to the two people he would call his new pals, if he wasn't culturally conditioned into avoiding words like that. After he drink half a liter of that stuff, it become quikly clear that such drinks have on him the same effect alcohol has on humans.

"i must say that i'm... luky to have found ni... nice people like you... you sure are less evolved than my kind, but are surely more... uhhh... whats that word..."

Earl of Purple
2017-04-26, 11:29 AM
Jack smiles at Hidrus, though his drunken behaviour is a little concerning. Last time her Trog's table-mates got drunk, I'm pretty sure she robbed them. "Um, kinder, maybe?" She doesn't particularly like his statement that she's less evolved than he is, especially since she can turn into a jackdaw whenever she wants to.

Deathkeeper
2017-04-26, 11:33 AM
"I'll have you know that this body is a bleeding-edge bio-engineered masterpiece." Sam insists. Though you're still the mind of a once-starved street rat of a human with an accent.
He enjoys drinking out of the chalice though. If it's magic he'll likely find out.

Catalessi
2017-04-26, 12:34 PM
"ha ha, if a certain person i know were here, he wolud... well he wold say something wery intelligent. huh... i forgot. about... the others. well, if you see someone around with red horns and stuff... another troll i mean... try to tell me. pel... please"

It seems like he only now wondered if his friends survived too

Earl of Purple
2017-04-26, 02:05 PM
And that right there is why Jack wouldn't give up on trying to save her village. Because even though there's some people she really dislikes there, there's some she's really fond of, too.

"Of course, Hidrus. I'll let you know if I see another troll like you." Jack's voice is quite soft and sympathetic at this point, because she's aware he's just realised the extinction of his race likely took his friends with it. If it's happened yet; who knows.

Deathkeeper
2017-04-26, 02:09 PM
Sam hasn't grown wings or anything so the chalice must not be magic. Neat.
"Yeah, sure kid. I'll keep an eye out for ya." Sam offers sincerely.

5a Violista
2017-04-27, 03:11 AM
Kuriko, who loves to talk about her studies, gets excited about this question. "Well! I was studying the adaption and integration of cultures into the Nexus! It was really exciting doing all the research into it. It took a lot of work, but it was definitely worth it."

Remembering that she still has food there that is not getting any fresher, Kuriko takes a bite from her food after saying that sentence.

Catalessi
2017-04-27, 04:05 AM
"than... thanks. i told 'em how to escape. it was the best i could do. right? hum. it is not my destiny to recreate my species, but at least i can help the ones i care about."

Hidrus is starting to look sleepy. It was a stressful day, after all

Earl of Purple
2017-04-27, 11:05 AM
"You should probably rent a room upstairs, Hidrus. You're looking tired, and if you sleep here you might get robbed. Not that you have much people can search easily, anyway." Because he has a captchalogue and stores everything where thieves can't get it easily. Like Jack.

Fendrick
2017-04-27, 12:50 PM
Kuriko, who loves to talk about her studies, gets excited about this question. "Well! I was studying the adaption and integration of cultures into the Nexus! It was really exciting doing all the research into it. It took a lot of work, but it was definitely worth it."

Remembering that she still has food there that is not getting any fresher, Kuriko takes a bite from her food after saying that sentence.

Fendrick is fascinated by Kuriko's studies, and leans in close as he listens to her.

'I am from within the Nexus. While on my adventure I discovered that I used to be a lab rat.
I was experimented on by a deranged wizard who performed a transfiguration spell to make me human sized.
The downside of that is that I'm the only successful experiment of his, so I'm unlikely to find any other man-rats.
But the positive is that as I grew, my brain grew in size and I now have about the same intelligence as an average human. Not that I've been educated at all. I'd love to study, but I have no-one to teach me. I must have been transfigured say... about a month ago. I've been wandering the Nexus since, only recently finding my way to Trog's.
I never had any grand adventures as a lab rat, so I'm excited to adventure more and explore more of the Nexus.'

Fendrick at this point realises that he is babbling, so abruptly stops talking. He sits back in his chair, holding his glass of milk in his right forepaw. He looks at Kuriko, wondering if she'd tell him more about her studies.

Catalessi
2017-04-27, 01:15 PM
"You should probably rent a room upstairs, Hidrus. You're looking tired, and if you sleep here you might get robbed. Not that you have much people can search easily, anyway."

"uhh, i guess? i'm not used to this things. maybe youre right. i feel... like i shoud tak... take a break from all this strangeness."

He get up and start looking around in order to find out how to "rent a room". Despite all the sugar in the blood, it looks like he can walk without any problem.

Murkus
2017-04-27, 09:17 PM
"Must be a talent of mine. I tried not to make innuendo once, but it was hard. So hard," Ilpholin says with a grin. Though she isn't sure anything involving Adir and Sakura qualified as innuendo or just proven fact.

"I know a little bit about trying to keep too many people happy." Bad Ilpholin. Running AMEN and babysitting is a poor comparison and you know it. "Just wait until they're all teenagers at the same time." Not helping.

Ilpholin takes another sip of her wine, though it hardly seems touched, while glancing at the various people coming and going, keeping an eye out for red half-dragons. "Ah yes, you are supposed to explain this secret job you're getting. Does it pay enough for a family your size or are you or Sakura going to have to pick up more on the side?"

Adir almost sprays a bit of his beer. He's easy to amuse. The stag shakes his head. "Thank Yuri we've got a bit of a stagger going. Though those first three are gonna be trouble..."

The stag is paying a lot less attention, but he's at least casting his gaze around every now and then. "Secret job! Yes! No, no secret. And I think it will. With all the munchkins we don't really have the kind of time to work two." He wags his expressive eyebrows at Ilpholin. "Boss says I'm gonna get a place to stay out of it, actually."

Deathkeeper
2017-04-28, 12:39 PM
Sam supports the bird's idea.
"Yeah get some sleep, dude. You could use it." he assures the troll.

Recaiden
2017-04-28, 12:47 PM
He get up and start looking around in order to find out how to "rent a room". Despite all the sugar in the blood, it looks like he can walk without any problem.

It's pretty simple. You hand a bartender some money, they hand you a key to a room upstairs. Even if you spent all your money on lemonade, they can probably connect you with a rarely-cleaned bunk in a corner commonroom.

Earl of Purple
2017-04-28, 12:49 PM
"Goodnight, Hidrus." Jack won't speak further until she's certain Hidrus is out of earshot.

"Maybe I shouldn't have given him the lemonade. He seems drunk." Jack doesn't drink alcohol for a very simple reason- it doesn't take much to make a bird drunk, and if she shifts form, she's pretty much guaranteed to be drunk if she's had anything alcoholic.

Catalessi
2017-04-28, 04:50 PM
"huh, yeah, good 'night'. heheheheheheheheheheh..."

Hidrus heads upstairs, towards the unknown shadows of his room

Reinholdt
2017-04-29, 05:35 PM
Adir almost sprays a bit of his beer. He's easy to amuse. The stag shakes his head. "Thank Yuri we've got a bit of a stagger going. Though those first three are gonna be trouble..."

The stag is paying a lot less attention, but he's at least casting his gaze around every now and then. "Secret job! Yes! No, no secret. And I think it will. With all the munchkins we don't really have the kind of time to work two." He wags his expressive eyebrows at Ilpholin. "Boss says I'm gonna get a place to stay out of it, actually."

"Yuri? Who is that?" Or what. It just doesn't sound like Llolth at all.

"And I'm not horribly surprised. A lot of people here seem to live where they work. Seems like a cultural idiosyncrasy." More so PCs than NPCs and it's probably not as many as Ilpholin is thinking. "But WHAT is the job? What are you going to be doing?"

Deathkeeper
2017-04-29, 06:35 PM
Sam nods.
"Yeah, sure seems like it. Maybe it's a sugar thing with those people. I got no idea."
Sam has no real problems drinking, being of age by many places' definitions and with his physique and bio-engineered systems can go a very long time before he starts to feel tipsy.

Earl of Purple
2017-04-29, 06:42 PM
Jack's also old enough to drink, it's simply that, because she mostly sleeps on rooftops and in abandoned attics she finds by flying, she doesn't think it's a good idea to do regularly. Particularly because as she changes size, the percentage of alcohol to blood also changes.

"Yeah, maybe. It's nice lemonade, though. I hope he settles in." Jack takes a gulp of lemonade, before changing the subject from the refugee troll. "So what is it you do, Sam?" Jack's curious.

Deathkeeper
2017-04-29, 06:47 PM
"I'm a chef. I used to cook for a fancy-do restaurant in Riverside but it was...not really the kind of thing I liked making. So now I cook for MERC. A good thing too, because they'd been eating junk." Sam says with a shudder. Really, it's a wonder Dipsnig and his crew are healthy ordering takeout every day for years.

Earl of Purple
2017-04-29, 07:08 PM
"Really? What kind of things do you cook?" Jack's interested now. The Clattering is low-tech, and surrounded by trees, so fires are a little risky. There's a central fire pit and communal meals, plus whatever individuals can scrounge up on their own.

Deathkeeper
2017-04-30, 11:56 AM
"Oh, lots of things. Soup, roast, sautes. I like hearty things, but I don't want to get my boss into an unhealthy diet so I try to balance things. Goblins eat odd things though and I've had to learn how to cook cave rat." Sam muses.

Earl of Purple
2017-04-30, 02:46 PM
"I've eaten weirder. I'm not as human as I look. I don't know if you heard me talking to Hidrus on the subject?" Or indeed her transformation into a jackdaw shortly before he came over to talk. Because they're both quite clear indications of her inhumanity.

Deathkeeper
2017-04-30, 08:44 PM
"I didn't, but you smell like a bird, so I was pretty sure that was the case." Sam says casually. Really, it would be rather pathetic if he didn't have a good sense of smell with such a huge nose.

Earl of Purple
2017-05-01, 01:13 PM
"Yeah, I'm a shifter. Half human, half jackdaw. Except that's not how it works. I'm neither, I just look human, except when I don't. I travelled to Inside in bird-shape, and ate like one too." Jackdaws are mostly vegetarian, but will eat carrion and insects. "Mum could have picked a better name than Jacqueline when the surname is Door, though." This, incidentally, is probably the first indication of her gender. Unless Sam's nose lets him tell a male bird from a female one. If Sam makes any sign of amusement at Jack's name, she'll scowl at him.

And Jack does actually have human blood! And some jackdaw, too. They can interbreed with humans/jackdaws, but the offspring take after the mother.

Deathkeeper
2017-05-01, 01:16 PM
"Jack, my last name is Bacon. It doesn't get more rough than that." Sam says with a laugh.
Really though people make fun of his name constantly.

Murkus
2017-05-01, 01:28 PM
"Yuri? Who is that?" Or what. It just doesn't sound like Llolth at all.

"And I'm not horribly surprised. A lot of people here seem to live where they work. Seems like a cultural idiosyncrasy." More so PCs than NPCs and it's probably not as many as Ilpholin is thinking. "But WHAT is the job? What are you going to be doing?"

"Um. God. Sort of," Adir rolls his hand. He raises both to wave them theatrically. "Supposedly his blood made the Gilded Green. The forest me and Sakura are from. Apparently he's pinned to his throne by the claw of the thing that did him in, never able to die, getting his juices everywhere. I've never seen him, though."

"The job is a knighthood. Like, I am being literally knighted by this giantess who calls herself the Empress, and I'll be doing knightly things," Adir watches her reaction and swigs his drink. "Ah. I guess I'll be helping expand her, uh, dominion in one way or another."

Earl of Purple
2017-05-01, 01:41 PM
"That is quite rough, yeah." Jack does smile a little, but good naturedly, rather than humorously. I, meanwhile, admit that half the idea for Jack came from the name Jack Door. So, y'know, she'd probably not like me much.

"What is it that birds smell of? My sight's good, really good, and my hearing's not bad, but my sense of smell is no better than a human's, or maybe a bit worse." Jack's nearly envious that Sam has better senses, but realises it probably balances out somewhere.

Reinholdt
2017-05-02, 04:00 AM
"I didn't know you and Sakura were from the same forest." Ilpholin didn't even know Sakura came from a forest. Clearly they should talk more. Though it seems fairly obvious. It's not like Sakura was a cactus dryad after all. Those dryads only pretend to be cuddly, but you'll always regret it.

Ilpholin is left staring at Adir in disbelief. "We'll practically be neighbors then," the nymph says with a level of uncertainty in her voice. "I'd have to admit, I never thought you'd be willing to go that far. Expansionism is a dangerous business. Though maybe not as dangerous as raising seven kids."

Deathkeeper
2017-05-02, 05:49 PM
"Birds just...smell like birds. It's hard to explain smells. It's got a certain thing with the oils on feathers, maybe? " Sam tries to explain, but he has no idea how to put senses into words.

Earl of Purple
2017-05-02, 06:24 PM
"I... Kinda guess how that might work." She's thinking maybe he can smell 'birds' and automatically knows what the smell is. Like how she turns into a jackdaw- she doesn't know how she does it, she just does it. "Except, right now, I don't have feathers." Which makes that guess a little haphazard.

Deathkeeper
2017-05-02, 10:58 PM
Sam isn't really sure how to respond to this."Well maybe you just have the same stuff on your skin as you do when you're a bird. I dunno."
I realize that simply assuming that Jack smelled like a bird was probably godmodding but it doesn't seem to have caused any problems so we'll just be continuing. :smallwink:

Earl of Purple
2017-05-03, 01:44 PM
I'd have mentioned it, if I had a solid idea as to what Jack smelt like. I know that Natalie smells like whichever form causes the least panic in whatever's smelling her (unless she's in the shape of a predator; then she smells like whatever she's shaped like to anything that shape eats; and in the form of something prey, she smells human to predators... Unless the predator eats humans), but I hadn't thought of anything for Jack. So smelling like a bird works.

"I suppose. Maybe it's because of what I am. Humans have oil on their skin, just like birds have on their feathers." It's all natural self-cleaning type stuff, I think. "Thank you for answering my questions, but now I know you better than you know me. Is there anything you want to ask?" It's a little awkward, maybe, so I think it's probably bird etiquette not translating well.

Deathkeeper
2017-05-03, 05:17 PM
Sam looks puzzled at Jack.
"Does it really matter? We're friends, aren't we? Why does it have to be even?" he asks, though those are all questions in and of themselves.

Earl of Purple
2017-05-03, 05:21 PM
"Because we've only just met, and I guess it doesn't matter." It's just her player's running out of subjects to talk about.

Deathkeeper
2017-05-03, 05:25 PM
"Well where do you live anyway? You don't just have a tiny nest in a chimney somewhere, do ya?" he says with a chuckle.

Earl of Purple
2017-05-03, 05:34 PM
"No, but nearly. There's a building not far from here- an old house. It was converted into flats ages ago, but the developers missed the attic. When I found it, the window was open. The stairway down has been bricked up, so I'm pretty sure I'm secure up there. Before I found it, I did roost in trees and on rooftops. No nests, though. That would have sent the wrong message to the real jackdaws." She's lucky she can take the best parts of both human and jackdaw shape, because otherwise she'd never have been able to get her satchel up there.

Deathkeeper
2017-05-05, 10:58 AM
"Well if you're ever in Riverside and need a roost for a night come find me. We could fit a little bird somewhere. he offers.

Earl of Purple
2017-05-05, 12:28 PM
"I've not been to Riverside. The Clattering's closer to Inside, the glow from the city is visible from the tallest trees, some nights. I'll keep it in mind, though. And I hear there's a bar for people like me to meet and socialise." Not exactly like her, but she's close enough for the patrons and staff at Weird William's to accept her, should she find the place.

Murkus
2017-05-06, 05:21 PM
"I didn't know you and Sakura were from the same forest." Ilpholin didn't even know Sakura came from a forest. Clearly they should talk more. Though it seems fairly obvious. It's not like Sakura was a cactus dryad after all. Those dryads only pretend to be cuddly, but you'll always regret it.

Ilpholin is left staring at Adir in disbelief. "We'll practically be neighbors then," the nymph says with a level of uncertainty in her voice. "I'd have to admit, I never thought you'd be willing to go that far. Expansionism is a dangerous business. Though maybe not as dangerous as raising seven kids."

"We grew up together, actually! Uh. When she was there, anyway. Her and Sarget liked to travel," says Adir. "She was my first kiss and everything." He snickers happily, grinning, and drinks some more. His face shifts, remembering. "I mean... not... not everything. The kiss, mostly. Never mind."

"Neighbors? I guess you've heard of old Empy then," Adir raises his eyebrows. "Huh. But... yeah. I mean. There isn't much I wouldn't do for them." His smile turns dopey. "The kids and her make me happier than I've ever been. I got down on my knees and told the Empress I'd cook, if that's what she needed. Isn't that funny, you guys telling me how good I was at it?"

Reinholdt
2017-05-08, 01:19 AM
"The childhood friend dream?" Ilpholin had no idea the relationship was that idyllic. "At least you explored other options first." Got some experience, made sure that's what they really wanted. It all seems to work out perfectly. And they lived happily ever after...

It's enough to make a nymph jealous.

"Yeah, she's further south of me," Ilpholin explains. She's afraid Adir has some inflated romantic ideas about what it means to be a knight. "Cooking would be an unusual task for a knight. Then again, I don't know much about what she's like as a person. Perhaps that's the kind of thing she's looking for? Have you been given any assignments yet?"

Deathkeeper
2017-05-08, 08:42 AM
"I've not been to Riverside. The Clattering's closer to Inside, the glow from the city is visible from the tallest trees, some nights. I'll keep it in mind, though. And I hear there's a bar for people like me to meet and socialise." Not exactly like her, but she's close enough for the patrons and staff at Weird William's to accept her, should she find the place.

Sam gathers his hat from the table.
"Well, keep me in mind. I live at a place called the Lotus Gardens. I should be heading out." he tells Jack with a polite nod of farewell.

Earl of Purple
2017-05-08, 01:01 PM
"I will. Maybe I'll go visit, one day. Perhaps even soon." Jack waves goodbye, but stays in the bar to keep an eye out for others.

Murkus
2017-05-17, 10:44 AM
"The childhood friend dream?" Ilpholin had no idea the relationship was that idyllic. "At least you explored other options first." Got some experience, made sure that's what they really wanted. It all seems to work out perfectly. And they lived happily ever after...

It's enough to make a nymph jealous.

"Yeah, she's further south of me," Ilpholin explains. She's afraid Adir has some inflated romantic ideas about what it means to be a knight. "Cooking would be an unusual task for a knight. Then again, I don't know much about what she's like as a person. Perhaps that's the kind of thing she's looking for? Have you been given any assignments yet?"

"Honestly, I never dreamt it would be like this," Adir says, indeed dreamily. He sits way back in the booth leather, wiggling his toosh to get comfortable. One would think it would smoosh his tail.

"No. Not yet. Apparently there's some kind of initiation I have to pass through," Adir explains. "But I don't think any of it's gonna be cooking for me. 'Cept, y'know, when I cook for Sakura and our gaggle of goblins."

Celticbear
2017-05-18, 01:27 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gn9gg5fK5h0/UdRhBxUcuCI/AAAAAAAAAM4/dhX1sCT7XUI/s356/shaman.png

Suddenly, out of the entrance comes a dude who kind of looks like this (^^^^). He stumbles about, clearly drunk, and then starts to babble things like:
Stupid vanguard doesn't need more firepower,, they need more courge. COurge? Courage!
Tao idiots, ancestors damn them!
Halt, villain, The Dread Druid is here to-
Then he falls over unconscious.

Reinholdt
2017-05-19, 12:35 AM
"Honestly, I never dreamt it would be like this," Adir says, indeed dreamily. He sits way back in the booth leather, wiggling his toosh to get comfortable. One would think it would smoosh his tail.

"No. Not yet. Apparently there's some kind of initiation I have to pass through," Adir explains. "But I don't think any of it's gonna be cooking for me. 'Cept, y'know, when I cook for Sakura and our gaggle of goblins."

Deer tails are designed to be smushed? Ilpholin doesn't really know. So she just tuts lightly. "Then you lack imagination." Her grin is interrupted somewhat as someone stumbles in and falls to the floor. She eyes him cautiously before deciding he's capable of sleeping it off right there and turns her attention back to Adir.

"Don't get hazed too hard. You'll need to work on your martial skills, won't you? Regular training and all that to stay in shape and be a proper knight?" Ilpholin sips her wine and 'assesses' his body again. "Well maybe not to stay in shape. But since you'll be a short trip away, I could always train you. My home has good facilities for combat training and it would be better for me to have a live partner. Mister Squiggles is good at a lot of things, but his holo opponents are a little predictable."

Murkus
2017-05-21, 10:52 AM
Adir is a bit too engaged with Ilpholin and a bit too far on the tipsy side to even look at the unconscious stranger. The stag just grins. "I mean, I guess so. I'm definitely gonna be rusty..." Adir laments, though he still smiles.

"If you think you can keep from ogling me too much, I just might take you up on that," the stag winks. "Don't think I haven't noticed. Not dumb. Everybody thinks so, though..." He takes a swig, eyes hooded and glazed. "Not too dumb to be a knight."

Reinholdt
2017-05-22, 04:21 AM
"Sorry. Had to make sure your body can handle my training. I take practice very seriously, you know? I can be... quite intensive sometimes." Training was probably the one thing Ilpholin was actually quite rigid about, the nymph normally being a very flexible individual. While she didn't go so far as to make the time and type of exercise a set routine, there were always schedules and efforts being made.

"Though you aren't hard on the eyes either. I'll keep it down." Ilpholin sets her glass down with a smile and lets it sit there for now. It was only a third empty, her sips being more about tasting her wine than drinking it. Best to take it slow if she'll have to get Adir home. Or at least to an upstairs room. Some bed safely anyways.

"If people think you're dumb, it's news to me. Why do you think that everyone thinks that?" She doesn't recall anyone ever even suggesting as much. Then again, when compared to the smarts of say KR or Cessie which they hung around with quite a bit back at Watch, it might be easy to start doubting one's own intellect.

Celticbear
2017-05-22, 05:46 AM
The bird like man suddenly springs up, looks around, and sighs.

I blacked out again. Stupid human beverages.

The man then walks towards the bar, and requests something not made by a human.