PDA

View Full Version : My character lost a tooth, how do I get it back.

Avabo
2017-03-23, 07:42 PM
I was trying to catch a dagger with my mouth. It didn't end well.
On the plus side, it could have gone much, much worse, but I still miss my tooth tho.
Any ideas?

Ferrin33
2017-03-23, 07:44 PM
On the plus side, it could have gone much, much worse, but I still miss my tooth tho.
Any ideas?

Either get a fake tooth, or pay a looot of money to a cleric or druid with the Restoration Regenerate spell.

MrStabby
2017-03-23, 07:50 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?519126-Why-is-Locate-Object-not-a-cantrip

ShikomeKidoMi
2017-03-23, 07:51 PM
Yeah, Ferrrin33 has it right. Regeneration will fix any missing bit of your body, from teeth to entire arms, but it's not cheap, so you'll still see people with prosthetics if they can't afford it. I'm sure any medium sized town has some sort of dentist who can put a gold tooth in for you, like a pirate.

Avabo
2017-03-23, 07:52 PM
Ferrin33
Do you mean lesser and greater restoration? Because i don't see how that may help with that.

and MrStabby
I am aware of the Locate Object spell, finding the tooth is not the problem. I need an orthodoncist lol

Ferrin33
2017-03-23, 07:56 PM
Ferrin33
Do you mean lesser and greater restoration? Because i don't see how that may help with that.

and MrStabby
I am aware of the Locate Object spell, finding the tooth is not the problem. I need an orthodoncist lol

Oops, meant the Regenerate spell.

Avabo
2017-03-23, 08:01 PM
Oops, meant the Regenerate spell.

Oh that sounds about right, thanks.

JumboWheat01
2017-03-23, 08:12 PM
Regenerate is boring, gold tooth is the way to go! Unless you have platinum, then platinum tooth!

Rysto
2017-03-23, 08:32 PM
Wait... You're worried about how you look? I thought you were worried about somebody using it in a ritual against you.

Mjolnirbear
2017-03-23, 08:39 PM
Learn to whistle?

Asmotherion
2017-03-23, 08:45 PM
Well, how about not trying to catch a dagger with your mouth in the first place. You're lucky it's just a tooth and you didn't loose you tonge in the process.

Most DMs work under the asumption of Murfy's law, sometimes tenfold: If something can go wrong, it will. Add to that the Eddy Murfy's Law of "If something going wrong will be hillarious in the process, it's even more likely to happen"

Now, as others suggested, either get someone to cast Regenerate on you, or just put on a gold tooth and look like a pirate

Naanomi
2017-03-23, 08:49 PM
Sell your soul to a ghost, then get Undying Patron Warlock 14 to reattach it? Seems worth it :smallbiggrin:

BillyBobShorton
2017-03-23, 10:07 PM
Multiclass into Warlock and sell your soul for a tooth.

The Great Old One used to be a solid dentist, back in the day when he was just The Average Middle-Aged One.

Sigreid
2017-03-24, 12:14 AM
Try to convince your DM that a full sized dragon tooth is a suitable replacement.

NecroDancer
2017-03-24, 12:17 AM
I got aged 30 years so a tooth isn't that bad.

However a regenerate spell should be enough or a fake tooth that doubles as a poison container.

Sigreid
2017-03-24, 12:19 AM
I got aged 30 years so a tooth isn't that bad.

However a regenerate spell should be enough or a fake tooth that doubles as a poison container.

Yes, because carrying a poison container in your mouth, particularly a part you bite down with is a wonderful idea. :smallconfused:

Osrogue
2017-03-24, 12:32 AM
Yes, because carrying a poison container in your mouth, particularly a part you bite down with is a wonderful idea. :smallconfused:

No one would ever suspect it.

Dappershire
2017-03-24, 02:07 AM
No one would ever suspect it.
I always suspect it. That's why I never kiss an assassin on the mouth.

Corran
2017-03-24, 02:09 AM
Ideas, huh?

Take out the rest of your teeth. Buy a denture. Wear it. Niiiiiiceeeeee. Symmetry restored.

Start making a necklace with the teeth of your fallen enemies. Then gradually establish yourself as one of the greatest teeth-merchants and get filthy rich!

Take the skilled feat. Pick medicine. Take a rogue level. Expertise medicine. Spend downtime and gold to find and buy books and equipment, and become a dentist. That wont help you attaching your old tooth back, but it sure will help you appreciate and take better care of the remaining ones.

I am afraid that the bigger picture elludes you...
Dont worry about the tooth you lost. Worry about the 30-ish more you have left!

ps: I've been laughing like an idiot reading through this thread, but when I hit upon the warlock idea, I almost fell off my chair. Dnd humor always gets me.

some guy
2017-03-24, 03:43 AM
A paladin in the party i DM for lost teeth via a teeth-stealing-thing-in-a-box. I allowed her to place the teeth back with Lesser Restoration (if it can cure blindness and deafness, I have no problem it replacing teeth), it isn't RAW however.

You can also direct your DM to this recent adventure from Dragon Mag (http://www.dragonmag.com/5.0/#!/article/113917/103258715?loadFresh=true&title=12_17_The%20Barber%20of%20Silverymoon). I had great fun with it, and a pc can get a porcelain, gold or silver tooth in it.

Unoriginal
2017-03-24, 04:33 AM
The Great Old One used to be a solid dentist, back in the day when he was just The Average Middle-Aged One.

Kek. Well played.

JackPhoenix
2017-03-24, 04:35 AM
Regenerate is boring, gold tooth is the way to go! Unless you have platinum, then platinum tooth!

Platinum? Pfff... even barbarians know that diamond teeth are best!

Sirithhyando
2017-03-24, 06:18 AM
Any ideas?

1- Find a ghost
2- Fail miserably your wisdom check against his horrifying visage
3- Lose age until you're an infant
4- Wait for teeth to grow back
5- Hope everything happen in a 24 hours period so that a greater restoration spell can get back your age. :smallbiggrin:

Edit : We're playing with the lingering injury in a game i DM. The paladin just lost a leg, it's going to be awesome. :smallcool:

MrMcBobb
2017-03-24, 06:24 AM

This is a rabbit hole I'm not sure I'm willing to go down, but what the heck... This seems like a story Dappershire, please elaborate.

Avabo
2017-03-24, 11:03 AM
You guys are all hilarious, I love this.
Also, about the dragon tooth... there's a dragonborn in my party. Those guys grow back their teeth right? :B

Scathain
2017-03-24, 12:20 PM

This whole thread has had me howling with laughter, but this line in particular did it for me. May I sig?

Sigreid
2017-03-24, 12:26 PM
If I remember right, in AD&D there was an artifact set that was the teeth of a saint that to use you had to rip out your own teeth and insert them as you found them. You could go looking for those. Or maybe the lesser known Tooth of Vecna!

tkuremento
2017-03-24, 01:04 PM

Perhaps you could even have a backup potion to use in emergency? Just an example:
http://i.imgur.com/p1yN57F.gif

Segev
2017-03-24, 01:29 PM
Steal the Teeth of Dalev Nar from 3.5 D&D's Binder!

Rotgnar
2017-03-24, 05:23 PM
I'd work with my DM to get some kinda magic/cursed tooth put in that does something neat... if your DM is okay with PCs losing bodyparts/facial features they should be willing to help replace em.

Âmesang
2017-03-29, 03:32 PM
…or a fake tooth that doubles as a poison container.
Hail, Hydra?

Avabo
2017-03-29, 05:00 PM
I haven't found any of the artifacts you mention online. Anyone have any links?

Herobizkit
2017-03-29, 05:04 PM
Well, do you remember where you lost it?

The Locate Object spell should come in handy for that.

Now, me, I'd just stick a big ol' gem in there and dare anyone to come and get it.

Treasure's easy to get when adventurers come to you. ^_^

Avabo
2017-03-29, 05:13 PM
I should mention an important detail i forgot at the beginning: My tooth was eaten by a plesiosaur. There's no getting it back lol

JumboWheat01
2017-03-29, 06:07 PM
I should mention an important detail i forgot at the beginning: My tooth was eaten by a plesiosaur. There's no getting it back lol

Oh, then the answer is really simple. Find said plesiosaur, kill it, take its tooth for your own.

Sigreid
2017-03-29, 06:35 PM
I haven't found any of the artifacts you mention online. Anyone have any links?

According to D&D WIKI it's Teeth of Dahlvar-Nar. That name doesn't sound right to me, but there was definitely an artifact set that were the holy teeth from some holy guy.

NecroDancer
2017-03-29, 08:01 PM
Instead of a regular old "poison tooth" like I previously suggested what about a tooth filled with alchemist fire?

DanyBallon
2017-03-29, 08:13 PM
If you and/or your DM is a fan of One Piece, then drink milk and voila :smallbiggrin:

Beelzebubba
2017-03-30, 02:59 AM
Add a fake tooth with a hollow container with a tiny bag of holding, big enough to hold one scroll.

Make that scroll 'Knock'.

Presto! Get out of jail free card.

Blacky the Blackball
2017-03-30, 06:09 AM
I would suggest becoming a demi-lich. That way you'll get a nice shiny new set of matching gemstone teeth as part of the deal.

NNescio
2017-03-30, 06:14 AM

I thought that's the whole point (for easy suicides, which was the reason why certain people with 'sensitive' jobs like spies have them).