PDA

View Full Version : Optional material components for Maximize or Empower spell?

ayvango
2017-03-23, 08:53 PM
I noticed that there optional material components which you could spend to extend spell. Is there any similar component for maximizing or empowering spells? Rods of metamagic are really expensive for higher levels but optional components scales nicer.

Venger
2017-03-23, 09:43 PM
I noticed that there optional material components which you could spend to extend spell. Is there any similar component for maximizing or empowering spells? Rods of metamagic are really expensive for higher levels but optional components scales nicer.

what are you talking about?

is there a feat like primitive caster that allows you to autoextend spells?

Necroticplague
2017-03-23, 09:50 PM

Not all spells, or even groups of spells, but Unearthed Arcana has Metamagic Components that do exactly this. Could probably extrapolate from the rather sizable table to make new ones (plenty of data points to use).

Jack_Simth
2017-03-23, 10:13 PM
Not all spells, or even groups of spells, but Unearthed Arcana has Metamagic Components that do exactly this. Could probably extrapolate from the rather sizable table to make new ones (plenty of data points to use).
... and it made it into d20srd.org (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/magic/metamagicComponents.htm).

sleepyphoenixx
2017-03-24, 10:56 AM
Power Components (Complete Champion, pages 132-133): Some of these alter divine spells with a metamagic feat.

Aurial Sapphire: Any spell from the Air domain or with the [air] descriptor is affected by quicken spell
Doppelganger Bile: Extends any spell that grants invisibility or a bonus to Disguise checks.
Dragon Ruby: Widens any spell with the [fire] descriptor.
Game of Fate: Can extend any spell that grants a bonus on attack rolls, damage rolls, saving throws, or checks on a roll of 46-90.
Obaddis Leaf: Extends and widens any spell from the Plant domain or any spell that specifically targets plants.
Pearl of the Waves: Quickens spells from the Water domain and spells with the [water] descriptor.
Scholar's Dreams: Extends and widens any spell from the Knowledge domain.
Soil of Stone: Extends spells from the Earth domain and spells with the [earth] descriptor.
Sunflower of Pelor: Widens spells from the Sun domain and spells with the [light] descriptor.
Unicorn Horn: Adds reach to a touch spell with the [healing] descriptor.

Complete Mage has some too, but the only one i recall is Golden Desert Honey for standard action summons.