PDA

View Full Version : This is not another V gender thread

ag30476
2007-07-27, 02:13 AM
It's about V's sexual preference. Any thoughts? Should this thread even be allowed?

Oberon
2007-07-27, 02:27 AM
V's sexual preference is whatever sex V's mate is.... my bet being just as androgynous as V.

David Argall
2007-07-27, 02:28 AM
While there is evidence of considerable tolerance of different sexual choices, there seems to be no evidence that V is other than loyal to his/her mate, whose sex is also unclear.
So there seems to be no progress to be made here.

Regneva
2007-07-27, 03:01 AM
V has clerified that she/he doesn't care much about gender. So I'm guessing "bisexual".

factotum
2007-07-27, 03:37 AM
When did V ever do that? It's true he doesn't seem to be very good at distinguishing between male and female HUMANS (e.g. he didn't notice Roy had changed sex), but that doesn't mean he has the same problem with elves.

Evil DM Mark3
2007-07-27, 04:05 AM
Of course, as everyone knows it is the shape of elven ears, their size, length and curl mostly, that is the primary way of telling elven gender! Humour intended but to make a point. I would assume orcs would also be quite hard to tell apart if you are a human.

Yeril
2007-07-27, 08:39 AM
Of course, as everyone knows it is the shape of elven ears, their size, length and curl mostly, that is the primary way of telling elven gender! Humour intended but to make a point. I would assume orcs would also be quite hard to tell apart if you are a human.

Identifying an elf by breasts or lack of is strictly forbidden in elvish culture until the honeymoon.

LM TR
2007-07-27, 09:12 AM
Belkar + V (wait til the last strip)

ag30476
2007-07-27, 11:20 AM
Identifying an elf by breasts or lack of is strictly forbidden in elvish culture until the honeymoon.

Elves are related to fairies after all...

Hushdawg
2007-07-27, 11:33 AM
V used the term "mate" which implicates the capability to reproduce.

If V was homosexual then he/she would have used the term "partner."

V is nothing if not logical.

Therefore V is heterosexual.

If V is male then he is also metrosexual.

ag30476
2007-07-27, 12:00 PM
V used the term "mate" which implicates the capability to reproduce.

Or that V is from Australia "where women glow and men plunder"

Tirian
2007-07-27, 12:05 PM
V has sexual leanings towards no one other than V's mate. V is has shown a very romantic and monogamous (to the point of being territorial) side towards that relationship, and we've never seen anything that has turned V's head in any manner (except for The Event, which caused V's head to drop in nausea :smallbiggrin: )

And just to get this off my chest (maybe once again, I can't recall if I've ever entered one of these swampholes of threads), to call V bisexual or androgynous is to completely miss the point. V has a specific gender and a romantic/sexual identity, we just can't tell what it is because we're not elves and because V likes to have a private personal life. It's equally clear that V can't discern the gender of beings that aren't elves (like Roy and the Oracle) and can't see the point of investigating the matter unless it is profoundly relevant (i.e. Haley/Elan).

ag30476
2007-07-27, 12:22 PM
to call V bisexual or androgynous is to completely miss the point
To not call V androgynous is to miss the joke...

Tirian
2007-07-27, 12:41 PM
To not call V androgynous is to miss the joke...

No. If V were androgynous, the joke wouldn't be funny.

V does not send out mixed gender cues, V sends out no (observable) gender cues. If V were a human, I suppose it would be more correct to say that V were asexual. As V is not a human, that probably isn't correct either, because the joke is that it is our fault as readers (and, when it happens, the fault of the characters in the story) for (a) not being able to read elvish gender cues and (b) believing that it is a relevant piece of data in the grand scheme of the cosmic riddles that truly interest V.

Roderick_BR
2007-07-27, 02:45 PM
As far as we could tell thus far, none. He has no love interests (other than a mentioned person V is married to), and doesn't *look* to members of either gender.
My better bet would be "whatever Belkar isn't."

O.T.R
2007-07-27, 03:03 PM
My better bet would be "whatever Belkar isn't."

So a tall, jolly, long haired. intellectual LG hippy with no libido who can't cook and faints at the sight of blood?

v (Edited for me finding the worst possible place to have a typo in this post and putting it there) v

Spiryt
2007-07-27, 03:12 PM
So a tall, jolly, long haired. intellectual LE[hippy with no libido who can't cook and faints at the sight of blood?

LG hippy, you (probably) meant. Although I always think that being true hippie alone is chaotic.

And with absolutely no sense of sarcasm and cynicism. (Belkar opposite, not hippie, of course :smallbiggrin: )

North
2007-07-27, 03:20 PM
If V did have a gender Id say it was the female one. If from nothing else then the fact that V only rooms with Haley

ag30476
2007-07-27, 03:24 PM
If V did have a gender Id say it was the female one. If from nothing else then the fact that V only rooms with Haley

Yes but in the context of this thread, we don't care if V is female. Rather we care what goes in the room with Haley if V is female....

North
2007-07-27, 03:27 PM
Yes but in the context of this thread, we don't care if V is female. Rather we care what goes in the room with Haley if V is female....

Mage Hand?:smallbiggrin:

ag30476
2007-07-27, 03:46 PM
Mage Hand?:smallbiggrin:
More like Bigby's Groping Hand or Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion.

Hushdawg
2007-07-27, 04:57 PM
More like Bigby's Groping Hand or Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion.

but if the recepient willing, is it really "forced" intrusion?

Careful though on this thread... kids play this game....

O.T.R
2007-07-27, 05:20 PM
but if the recepient willing, is it really "forced" intrusion?

Well...depends what the monster was wearing at the time...I mean if a goblin is wearing pink pumps and a miniskirt...well dressed like that it looks like they're asking for it.

IRONY IRONY! Will delete post if it's a step too far beyond the forum's taste threshold!

2007-07-27, 05:41 PM
Dosn't V room with Haley because they're friends?

Assuming elven sexes behave like human ones, I'd say V is more masculine. When he was a lizard he didn't get all weepy and upset, he just got pissed and frustrated.

(I know not all women get that way, I'm just making an argument)

Impikmin
2007-08-10, 08:55 PM

Oooh, you have so been quoted!:smallbiggrin:

ag30476
2007-08-10, 09:32 PM
Dosn't V room with Haley because they're friends?
Friends with benefits???

Jaguira
2007-08-10, 09:57 PM
Personally I think V's mate is
the elf who tutored her in magic, Aarindarius. I mean honestly, they lived together for HOW long? Had to happen xD Besides, the elf looks just as gender-neutral as V.

So in summary I think V likes men, because I see V as female and heterosexual (or possibly bisexual, but I think her mate's a male.)

ag30476
2007-08-10, 10:17 PM
Personally I think V's mate is
the elf who tutored her in magic, Aarindarius. I mean honestly, they lived together for HOW long? Had to happen xD Besides, the elf looks just as gender-neutral as V.

So in summary I think V likes men, because I see V as female and heterosexual (or possibly bisexual, but I think her mate's a male.)

Roy's had a gender change twice. Roy's father has an open after-life. Elan was curious about the Girdle of Feminity/Masculinity. Haley admits to kissing a girl more than once. Durkon and Hilgya had lawful good/chaotic evil carnal knowledge. Nale "experimented" with Sabine's shapechange ability and made out with her in her male police officer alternate shape. Belkar has has "pretended" to lust after not-a-boy Roy, has Craft Disturbing Image, has kissed V ... and V is the one with the boring sex life?

Selv
2007-08-11, 12:09 AM
Or that V is from Australia "where women glow and men plunder"

Dammit. So much for the days when I heard V speaking in an authoritative tone.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-08-11, 01:09 AM
Roy's had a gender change twice. Roy's father has an open after-life. Elan was curious about the Girdle of Feminity/Masculinity. Haley admits to kissing a girl more than once. Durkon and Hilgya had lawful good/chaotic evil carnal knowledge. Nale "experimented" with Sabine's shapechange ability and made out with her in her male police officer alternate shape. Belkar has has "pretended" to lust after not-a-boy Roy, has Craft Disturbing Image, has kissed V ... and V is the one with the boring sex life?
So what, heterosexual monogamy is boring now? If I'm following the chain of quotes correctly, I mean.

theinsulabot
2007-08-11, 09:22 AM
anyways, cease making out with him so we may be off!

I'm da Rogue!
2007-08-11, 10:28 AM
:vaarsuvius: Sex? I beg your pardon? What are you referring to, anyway?

ag30476
2007-08-11, 08:23 PM
anyways, cease making out with him so we may be off!

I love you too sir.

ag30476
2007-08-11, 08:27 PM
:vaarsuvius: Sex? I beg your pardon? What are you referring to, anyway?

Really? I would have expected a magic-enhanced multi-tentacled experience with 10d6 fireworks from V.

ag30476
2007-08-11, 08:32 PM
So what, heterosexual monogamy is boring now? If I'm following the chain of quotes correctly, I mean.

Heterosexual monogamy is boring. Well OK you can make it funny but only in an Everybody Loves Raymond God bless'em they're not really funny way.

I'm just hoping Elan and Haley don't go the way of Moonlighting.

I'm da Rogue!
2007-08-12, 09:10 AM
Heterosexual monogamy is boring. Well OK you can make it funny but only in an Everybody Loves Raymond God bless'em they're not really funny way.

I'm just hoping Elan and Haley don't go the way of Moonlighting.
Nothing is boring. YOU make it boring.
Many people have tried a lot of different stuff and still feel bored and alone

ag30476
2007-08-12, 01:54 PM
Nothing is boring. YOU make it boring.
Many people have tried a lot of different stuff and still feel bored and alone

Huh? I'm joking about sex in a humorous non-explicit comic strip based on a fantasy role-playing game.

You seem to be talking about sex in real life.