PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Kineticist and Ranged Feint

Kallimakus
2017-03-24, 01:55 PM
As the title says. Can you use Ranged Feint (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/ranged-feint-combat/)with your usual Kinetic Blast?
I'm asking because it counts as a type of weapon for the purposes of Feats (though by my reading, not a weapon as such, reinforced by the further description about the kineticist not gripping or wielding it for purposes that depend on such.

A secondary question is what ranged Feats can be used with kinetic blast. I assume 'most of them'.

For background, I'm asking this as a GM completely unfamiliar with Occult rules in PF, and little interest in including them into my campaign on a wider scale. They didn't exist when I started and they aren't about to pop up just because a designer added them afterwards. (OK, that isn't 100% true since I have a kineticist PC in my game now...). I think I play fairly low-op game, so 'dealing a lot of damage' is considered a powerful ability (so are many other abilities, mind you).

Kallimakus
2017-03-26, 03:00 PM
Any thoughts on this would be very helpful.

Psyren
2017-03-26, 07:32 PM
It counts as a ranged weapon so I don't see why not.

Kallimakus
2017-03-27, 01:34 AM
Thanks for the reply. My main issue is that you need to actually miss with an attack to use it, which might require that you reload. So in order to use ranged feint via kinetic Blast, you would need to shoot one.

This isn't really an issue in itself, but how does that work with improved Feint?
Equally, could you use ranged feint with Ray spells? They are also ranged weapons as I recall. Can you feint with a disintegrate as a move+swift? Can you cast a spell (or use a SLA) as a move action through improved Feint and ranged feint?

Kurald Galain
2017-03-27, 11:01 AM
Improved Feint states, "You can feint with a ranged weapon by throwing a thrown weapon or firing one arrow, bolt, bullet, or other piece of ammunition".

Since you're not doing any of that with your kinblast, you can't use improved feint. Kinblasts count as a weapon for explicitly limited purposes only, and feinting isn't one of those.