PDA

View Full Version : Yohoho and a Bottle of Rep: Skull and Shackles, GiTP Edition

Rynjin
2017-03-24, 03:28 PM
The Plunder sold, you sail back to the Island of Empty Eyes to...

DualJay
2017-03-24, 06:00 PM
Ixrul examines Fargo's spellbook with detect magic. Assuming he detects no traps, he will Summon Monster a creature to page through it and skim the pages to check for traps. He will not be within blast radius of explosive runes or fire traps, and he will maintain detect magic to watch for the effects of Illusory Script.

Idiot Cube
2017-03-24, 06:45 PM
Krom steps off the Jester's Grin, looking like an entirely different man. He is wearing a gaudy, jewelry-laden tailored suit, which he apparently bought while the rest of the crew were selling plunder and shopping at Port Peril. He has incorporated his peg-legged limp into a prideful swagger. And the smirk on his face is insufferably smug and self-satisfied.

"Well, our voyage was quite safe and pleasant. I for one think Gremory makes a fine captain."

"So, what do you guys think of my new formal wear? Since we're hosting the pirate kings and queens of the Inner Sea, I figured I should have something nicer than my usual rags."

DualJay
2017-03-24, 07:36 PM
Ixrul spares a cursory glance towards Krom's outfit.

"It's acceptable."

Potential sign of ideations above his station, loyalty to Gremory may win out if she mutinies - mutual attraction is clear. Chance of such an occurrence is low, less than one in sixty. If it seems probable, arrange for relationship troubles. Cost of a clone to guard against assassination?

He mentally shakes himself, dismissing his paranoia. Such schemes can wait.

"Krom, do a flyover of the island and report back to me. Gremory, I want a report on how feast preparations are going by two hours from now. I'm going to need an arcane laboratory, so I will be in the fortress to find or design an appropriate room. Daliya found it necessary to take a leave of absence, perhaps an indefinite one. Ace, scout for a fifth member for our primary strike team from the crews of the two ships. If or when you find one, bring them to me."

------

On the voyage, Ixrul will use blood money and Sandra's services to update his permanencies to include Arcane Sight and Tongues.

Smashomancer
2017-03-25, 09:43 PM
Gremory herself walks out shortly behind Krom, handing the recently anointed Commodore a short stack of papers almost immediately. It's a brief progress report in the preparations, including a full inventory of fare for the feast, as well as a list of potential names for the Jester's Grin, including:

Devil's Bullet
Serpentine
Lateralus

and others. She seems to be splitting her attention between a couple of things at the moment.

"It looks wonderful dear. Completed the night before, sir. Before life on the seas took my interest, paperwork was as common as breathing in my life. I missed it in a bizarre way.

Though, if I could bend your ear a moment, I do have a request relating to our... 'presentation' you could say. You know well enough that I was not born in this hideous form. Might you know a way I could retrieve my former self? Reincarnating for example?"

Rynjin
2017-03-25, 10:34 PM
Krom's knowledge of the theoretical applications of magic are nearly nonexistent. He does not know.

I.E. it needs a DC 24 Kn. Arcana check and he's Untrained in the skill.

Idiot Cube
2017-03-26, 12:46 AM
Pretty sure she was asking Ixrul...

"If not, don't let it bother you too much, darling. Any race would look good on you!"

Krom starts to head to his quarters, but stops to look at Gremory's list of names.

"Oh, and my vote's definitely for 'Devil's Bullet'."

Minutes later, he is back in his adventuring clothes and taking to the air with Gurram. They begin scouting the island, with Gurram searching meticulously while Krom provides Guidance.

(Perception, take 20): 35

Rynjin
2017-03-26, 02:21 AM
Unless she's taken to calling everyone "dear" I don't think she was. =)

The island is eerily quiet. You know there were a few unruly elements still occupying the island (particularly the gargoyls from Sumitha), but they are nowhere to be found. Either they have all left (unlikely) or gone to ground somewhere, for whatever reason.

Idiot Cube
2017-03-26, 03:25 AM
She hasn't taken to calling everyone "sir", either.

"It looks wonderful dear. Completed the night before, sir.
First she gives Krom a quick compliment on his new look, then she starts talking business with Ixrul.

Krom returns and gives his report.

"All quiet, sir. Too quiet. It's like everything still living has either left, or gone into hiding."

DualJay
2017-03-26, 08:11 AM
Darling? Dear? Well, shortlives are always in a rush.

Ixrul answers Daliya's question without hesitation. "Wish or miracle. Miracle is about twenty-five-thousand gold pieces cheaper, though, so that would be preferable. Devil's Bullet is acceptable."

When Krom returns and gives his report, Ixrul narrows his eyes and interlaces his fingers.

"I want a continuous watch over the ships and the fort. Expect trouble."

Ixrul gestures outward, and two Isitoq flit from various hiding spots on his person.

"Keep watch around me. Fly back if you see anyone or anything that doesn't work for me and report."

Ixrul will use the area Ederleigh had, assuming it is of stone construction. He will inlay a summoning diagram on the ground (autopass the DC).

------------

Also, did I find anything on Fargo's spellbook?

Smashomancer
2017-03-26, 09:15 AM
I was addressing Krom and Ixrul separately. To add to that, I also mentioned Gremory was splitting her attention.

"Devil's Bullet it is. Excellent, I was going to name it that anyway." Gremory contemplates her options for a moment.

"Hmm. I suppose that will have to do. The wait will be agonizing. Considering reincarnate further, whether it would be cost effective or not would be entirely luck-based. Hardly efficient."

I was under the impression Miracle cost 25K itself? Wish looks like it costs the same, am I missing something?

DualJay
2017-03-26, 11:19 AM
Arguably. Miracle is better than wish - it only costs the 25k if it's used for something really big. Using it for spell duplication, undoing the harmful effects of certain spells, or "any effect whose power level is in line with the above effects" does not require the material component.

Spend the 25k, and it can do stuff like mass resurrections or prevent natural disasters.

I believe fixing reincarnate would fall under the first group.

Doopliss2008
2017-03-26, 08:31 PM
"So, some of you swabbies want to get a promotion, huh?"

Ace spoke to the crewmen lined up, while pacing about like a drill instruction

" I will have you know that it is not for anyone that's afraid to get hurt. Why? Because I am currently the longest surviving member of the landing party, since[ SIZE=4]EVERYONE ELSE WHO WAS SERVING BEFORE DIED[/SIZE], and I have died three times already!" Ace said with emphasis, holding up three fingers as if to make a point.

"While it is a dangerous task, you will be paid an officer's salary, or maybe even better, depending on how well you do..." he continued monolouging.

"Well, lets get to the point, who thinks they are ready for this?" He finishes, flashing a grin.

DualJay
2017-03-28, 03:46 PM
Once Ixrul has set aside a stone room for a lab and had it repaired - accelerating the process with make whole, wall of stone, and fabricate, if necessary - he will etch a calling diagram (DC 20, autopass) into the ground in the center of the room.

He then sits in contemplative silence, mentally examining a colossal list of creatures he could potentially bind.

Succubus? With their full transformative gift? Protected by wayfinder. Turn to stone with calcific touch delivered spectrally? Bargain with - fairly or via ultimatum? Hmm.

Smashomancer
2017-03-29, 10:25 AM
Becoming more OP aside, did Ixrul already craft the items Krom and Gremory asked for? Gonna have to update my sheet.

DualJay
2017-03-29, 11:32 AM
Ixrul spent 3 days crafting his own stuff iirc, then he would have crafted 2k worth of stuff every day after. So it depends on how many days it's been since we sold plunder.

Rynjin
2017-03-29, 03:27 PM
How many days do you want it to be?

Idiot Cube
2017-03-29, 04:07 PM
All of my stuff would take 12 and a half days.

DualJay
2017-03-29, 08:32 PM
No, true name. That's the answer. I had some notes...

Ixrul flips through his spellbook, jumping from page to page in an order indecipherable to any normal person, reading both secret and illusory script.

Yes, that will do. That will do indeed. U'Vientelan-Mae'Sanaszentyra, goes by Lillian.

After about an hour of preparation, a quick warning that he is not to be disturbed for four hours, and ten minutes of chanting, the ritual is complete.

I took the True Name arcane discovery.

When the Succubus appears, Ixrul pulls up a chair. "Hello, Lillian. You're going to work for me, now - and," he says, as he removes his stone mask, "I sincerely believe this will be for our mutual benefit."

"As I'm sure you're aware, I've figured out your true name. Now, if you play nice, we can be... partners. Not equals, but not so dire as many callings would impose. But, try to exercise undue influence over myself or any of my crew, or - heaven and hell forfend - try to kill me or any of my crew, and I will spread your name to every corner of the earth."

"But I don't think it will come to that. You're not half so foolish, no. If you're good, you will have a very long leash, a very light leash, and free access to the material plane. And I doubt the services I request from you will be contrary to your... particular nature."

Ixrul pauses for a moment to gauge the Succubus's reaction, then continues, saying, "This is agreeable?" in a tone that sounds much more like a statement of fact than a question.

Rynjin
2017-03-29, 08:57 PM
Lillian rolls her eyes.

"This isn't my first rodeo, kid. The theatrics aren't necessary. Brass tacks then. You went through all that work to look my name up in a fancy textbook, so what do you want? Real ultimate power, a new ally, a quick ****? All of the above?"

DualJay
2017-03-29, 09:28 PM
Ixrul redons his mask and rises from his chair. "A taste of the first and the entirety of the second, for now," he says, as he scuffs the circle,
"Augment my intellect."

"And tell me, should you prove loyal, what manner of reward would you find most desirable?"

Rynjin
2017-03-29, 09:37 PM
"Smarts? Are you sure? You could use a little more charm than smarts, I'd say. Or maybe muscles? You are the scrawny sort. Even for an elf. Some women go in for that pale, stick thin look, but I personally don't see the appeal. Even vampires have a LITTLE meat on their bones...No? All right then."

She gives Ixrul a kiss on the forehead, and he feels slightly smarterer.

"Well, payment. Isn't that a refreshing concept? I like you already. They do say diamonds are a girl's best friend, but in my opinion they just don't have enough SPARKLE. I prefer soul gems. The Daemons try to have a monopoly on them but I like to get my hands on them whenever. They're so pretty...and useful in the right hands. And my hands are the right ones. Would you like me to show you? They're the smoothest thing you've ever felt, I guarantee it."

DualJay
2017-03-30, 12:17 AM
Ixrul makes no move to accept her offer. "I'm sure they are. And that can be arranged - I'll bind a few cacodaemons and let them feast when things get violent, as they tend to on the high seas."

Rynjin
2017-03-30, 01:52 AM
Just so you're aware, there's also Create Soul Gem (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/create-soul-gem/) which will make higher quality gems. They will likely keep Lillian happier, but you get the sense she'd settle for inferior quality gems at least some of the time.

DualJay
2017-03-30, 01:58 AM
Ah, didn't know that.

"Though, for quality, there's a spell I can use... and why settle for quality but sacrifice quantity? I'll do both."

DualJay
2017-03-31, 10:03 PM
Ixrul gathers Krom, Ace, and Gremory.

"I intend to bind several daemons - lesser ones, cacodaemons - to take advantage of their ability to harvest soul gems. Would you all be willing to have one accompany you so that when you slay stronger foes in combat, their valuable souls can be harvested?"

"They will be useful in assuring the loyalty of an... ally I recently acquired."

Idiot Cube
2017-03-31, 10:35 PM
Krom shrugs. "Don't see why not. But if you don't mind my asking, who is this 'ally'?"

DualJay
2017-04-01, 02:23 AM
"An outsider. Perhaps I'll introduce you to it soon. Have it gift you with further power."

Idiot Cube
2017-04-01, 03:20 AM
Krom looks perplexed for a moment, before his easygoing grin returns.

"Heh. How can I say no to that?"

DualJay
2017-04-01, 07:39 PM
Shall the feast come around, then, if all preparations are done?

Smashomancer
2017-04-01, 07:44 PM
"An outsider? Using Daemons? If I may be frank sir, I find that answer vague and unconvincing." Ixrul's subordinate looks behind him momentarily.

"By the oath I swore to Asmodeus, I cannot allow another influence to take hold of me.

Although... if you are so certain you have 'it' under control, yes. Yes I can allow one Cacodaemon to accompany me.

After all, these deals go so well for the mortals every time."

I kinda want to use the fonts in the postbox for in-character dialogue.

Doopliss2008
2017-04-01, 08:18 PM
"Well, Captain, if I might ask, what will the uhh.... cocoa-demons do when you bind them to us?"

DualJay
2017-04-02, 10:35 AM
"Excellent - and Ace, they extract valuable soul gems from the freshly dead."

Doopliss2008
2017-04-02, 10:38 AM
"I meant will they interfere with our daily activities or be a distraction at times?"

Rynjin
2017-04-02, 01:14 PM
I kinda want to use the fonts in the postbox for in-character dialogue.

I'd prefer we all stick to the same font, but a different color is all right with me.

DualJay
2017-04-02, 01:20 PM
"I meant will they interfere with our daily activities or be a distraction at times?"

"No. If they are, I'll suitably punish them. Cacodaemons are wretched, groveling creatures. They will be to afraid to displease me."

Doopliss2008
2017-04-02, 07:11 PM
"Well, I'm not exactly thrilled to be bonded with an evilish outsider, but if you promise it wont cause any problems, very well, captain."

DualJay
2017-04-03, 12:20 PM
"Excellent. Now, is everything ready for the feast?"

Idiot Cube
2017-04-03, 01:34 PM
"Aside from finding that fifth member of the strike team, and not knowing why everything on the island disappeared...yeah, I think we're ready."

DualJay
2017-04-03, 02:44 PM
"Indeed. Perhaps Sandra or I can perform some divination as to the matter."

Remember, Ixrul has Arcane Sight constantly, so if there was magic all over, he'd know.

Smashomancer
2017-04-03, 05:11 PM
"Could it possibly have something to do with why the cyclops' seemed to vanish from their fortress? We only fought a small number of them."

I'm ready for pirate schmoozing. It's like regular schmoozing right? But with less limbs and decency?

DualJay
2017-04-03, 05:40 PM
Ixrul considers this. "Quite possibly..."

He tries to think if there are any magical phenomena that could cause this.

Arcana
[roll0]

Idiot Cube
2017-04-03, 05:44 PM
"Hope that nereid's okay..." Krom mumbles.

Smashomancer
2017-04-04, 09:57 AM
"Hope that nereid's okay..." Krom mumbles.

"Pardon?"

Gremory doesn't look up from the papers in her hands. Finishing touches for the party.

DualJay
2017-04-04, 12:31 PM
Ixrul pauses.

"Oh, right. I should go check on that. Krom," Ixrul pauses and casts a glance at Gremory, "No, Ace, come with me."

Ixrul goes to check on the nereid.

Idiot Cube
2017-04-04, 03:49 PM
"Pardon?"

Gremory doesn't look up from the papers in her hands. Finishing touches for the party.

"I said, I hope those palm treants are okay."

Doopliss2008
2017-04-04, 10:48 PM
"Very well, then captain, hopefully someone will change their mind and join us while we are gone."

Rynjin
2017-04-05, 03:07 AM
Ixrul considers this. "Quite possibly..."

He tries to think if there are any magical phenomena that could cause this.

Arcana
[roll0]

There are plenty. But the more likely answer is somewhat more mundane.

Smashomancer
2017-04-05, 08:51 AM
"I said, I hope those palm treants are okay."

"... Your terrible cover aside, Krom we need to go find them. If something bad has happened to the most humorous thing I've found on this island, I want to know what."

Are the exeggutors still there?

Rynjin
2017-04-05, 01:21 PM
Yes.

Interestingly, only the things you left behind that are hostile toward you are nowhere to be seen.

Idiot Cube
2017-04-05, 02:47 PM
"Don't worry, sweetheart...your treants are fine and goofy as ever. I misspoke earlier; everything that wasn't hostile towards us is still there."

He scratches his chin thoughtfully. "Maybe I should've mentioned that to Ixrul and Ace before they took off. Ah, well."

DualJay
2017-04-05, 03:35 PM
When Ixrul arrives and sees the nereid still present, he briefly narrows his eyes.

"Hello, again. How are you? And do you know where many of the denizens of this island have vanished to? I fear conspiracy."

"Also, I don't believe you ever told me your name."

Smashomancer
2017-04-08, 07:59 AM
Aw man, am I gonna have to come up with jokes to pad this game's posts too?
I'm not some kind of magical guy.

Uhh...

Sure does smell like updog in here.

Idiot Cube
2017-04-09, 01:44 PM
A myconid walks into a bar. The bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your kind here." The myconid replies, "Why not? I'm a fun guy!"

Smashomancer
2017-04-09, 06:38 PM
A Rabbi, a Priest, and a Moleman walk into a bar. They came together as friends because they understand that their differing beliefs shouldn't separate them.

Rynjin
2017-04-10, 01:00 AM
Sorry. Had to take a little drive to the other end of the state.

Ixrul finds the neried sunbathing naked. She is not bothered, and presumably Ixrul does not care.

Without sitting up or opening her eyes:

"Sefina is my name. I'll tell you my story if you tell me one of yours after. Deal? It gets so boring all alone."

DualJay
2017-04-10, 07:30 PM
"Sefina? That's a lovely name."

Ixrul sits down next to her and lays back, leaning his head on his pack.

Could be useful to be in her good graces.

"Of course. I've got time."

Gotta collect all the waifus.

Doopliss2008
2017-04-11, 10:15 PM
Ace sits on a nearby rock, slightly upset that he is deemed the 3rd wheel again.

Man, if only I can talk to people with ease, I will never find a mate at this rate...

to which Harry, his trusty sword, replied telepathically
You will always have me, sir, don't forget about that

You're a fookin sword, mate, as much as I appreciate the thought, I prefer living creatures

Oh, right, I forget about that sometimes.

Rynjin
2017-04-11, 11:01 PM
Hey, remember, deep inside where it counts: Harry is a giant turtle monster. So there's that.

"Sefina? That's a lovely name."

Ixrul sits down next to her and lays back, leaning his head on his pack.

Could be useful to be in her good graces.

"Of course. I've got time."

Gotta collect all the waifus.

"Well, I was sunbathing like this the other day, and watching the clouds, you know? And I saw one that was shaped like a dolphin! It was so pretty. Well, it was, until a bunch of ugly, icky gargoyles flew in front of it. They flew that way, over the mountains, with a bunch of women they'd captured somewhere! They were pretty. I think the gargoyles were going to hurt them or something but I'm not sure. Your turn!"

Idiot Cube
2017-04-12, 04:47 AM
After pacing around the ship for a while, Krom suddenly turns to Gremory.

"Hey Grem, I just had an idea. Right before Jrahk disappeared, didn't you guys gain the service of a Marid that'll grant us a wish in one year? I bet we could use that wish to return you to your original self!"

"I know you'd rather not wait that long, but it's something to keep in mind if we don't find another way by then."

DualJay
2017-04-12, 01:42 PM
"Well, I was sunbathing like this the other day, and watching the clouds, you know? And I saw one that was shaped like a dolphin! It was so pretty. Well, it was, until a bunch of ugly, icky gargoyles flew in front of it. They flew that way, over the mountains, with a bunch of women they'd captured somewhere! They were pretty. I think the gargoyles were going to hurt them or something but I'm not sure. Your turn!"

Ixrul raises an eyebrow.

"How concerning. I'll have to deal with that."

"Anyways, my story. A high-seas adventure, with a battle between wizards, perhaps?"

Ixrul tells the honest-to-Nethys truth about how he and his loyal crew did battle with the loathsome rat-wizard Fargo, giving the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help him.

Bluff 10+31 = 41

"... and, with an incantation and a hail of gunfire, he was torn from the sky and brought low. We liberated some excellent rum from his cargo, by the by. There's a feast coming up on this very island, in fact, where we intend to use it."

"If you are who enjoys parties among rough company, you would be welcome company."

Rynjin
2017-04-12, 02:16 PM
"Parties? I LOVE parties! If your party is HALF as exciting as that story it'll be something I'll remember forever!"

Smashomancer
2017-04-12, 07:39 PM
After pacing around the ship for a while, Krom suddenly turns to Gremory.

"Hey Grem, I just had an idea. Right before Jrahk disappeared, didn't you guys gain the service of a Marid that'll grant us a wish in one year? I bet we could use that wish to return you to your original self!"

"I know you'd rather not wait that long, but it's something to keep in mind if we don't find another way by then."The Captain herself looks up as she realizes what Krom says.

"Yes... that just may be the best course of action. Although, the current rate of death experiences in the ground group tells me I'll likely get a consolation prize at some point before then."

DualJay
2017-04-12, 11:29 PM
"Parties? I LOVE parties! If your party is HALF as exciting as that story it'll be something I'll remember forever!"

"Wonderful."

Ixrul pauses, and examines her body. I need my men to be coherent.

"And, as much as I hate to obscure such a... work of art, I will have to ask that you come at least somewhat clothed - I need the guests to be capable of conversation, and your exquisite form could render that impossible."

"If you desire, I would happy to acquire a dress that suited your lovely figure."

gotta butter that bread if you nomsayan

Idiot Cube
2017-04-13, 05:03 AM
The Captain herself looks up as she realizes what Krom says.

"Yes... that just may be the best course of action. Although, the current rate of death experiences in the ground group tells me I'll likely get a consolation prize at some point before then."

Krom laughs. "I'm starting to feel like I'm overdue for a death. Seems like it's becoming a rite of passage for the strike team."

"And, well...I wouldn't mind having both legs again. Even if I came back as a kobold or something."

Rynjin
2017-04-13, 11:30 AM
"Wonderful."

Ixrul pauses, and examines her body. I need my men to be coherent.

"And, as much as I hate to obscure such a... work of art, I will have to ask that you come at least somewhat clothed - I need the guests to be capable of conversation, and your exquisite form could render that impossible."

"If you desire, I would happy to acquire a dress that suited your lovely figure."

gotta butter that bread if you nomsayan

"Oh, okay! I know just the thing!"

DualJay
2017-04-13, 03:31 PM
"Wonderful. Now, I'm afraid I must be off - I need to find out what those gargoyles were planning."

Ixrul rises and stretches with a sigh. "I'll be sure to visit you again soon. Farewell."

"Come, Ace, we must be off. Our enemies on this island are up to something."

Smashomancer
2017-04-13, 07:05 PM
Krom laughs. "I'm starting to feel like I'm overdue for a death. Seems like it's becoming a rite of passage for the strike team."

"And, well...I wouldn't mind having both legs again. Even if I came back as a kobold or something."

"Better than a goblin I would say.

Orc might look good on you though." Gremory coughs a bit as her mind wanders.

DualJay
2017-04-14, 12:54 AM
Ixrul reconvenes the group.

"I spoke with Sefina - the nereid - and learned that she saw the gargoyles carrying several attractive women over the mountain. I suspect they were for a sacrifice of some sort. Tomorrow, we shall investigate. Prepare accordingly."

"Additionally, she will be coming to the feast. I have asked her to come clothed, and hope she will do so to the extent necessary to suppress her beguiling nature, but in the event she does not, steel your minds."

Idiot Cube
2017-04-14, 04:13 AM
"Orc might look good on you though." Gremory coughs a bit as her mind wanders.

Krom smirks. "I'll be sure to have a word with whoever's in charge of reincarnation."

After Ixrul gives his update:

"Sounds good. Maybe the gargoyles can be 'persuaded' to tell us why most of the island's inhabitants have vanished."

Smashomancer
2017-04-14, 03:01 PM
Before:
"...I um. Was that out loud?"

After:
"I assure you it will not be a problem with your representatives on the Devil's Bullet. Isn't that right Krom?"

Idiot Cube
2017-04-15, 01:46 AM
Before:
Krom winks. "These pointy ears aren't just for show."

After:
"Of course! I would relish the chance to test myself against the gargoyles that gave Jrahk such a hard time."

Doopliss2008
2017-04-15, 08:50 PM
"Well, if I recall, those gargoyles were working with the cyclops, so we should be prepared to see some of them, too."

DualJay
2017-04-16, 05:57 PM
We rest for the night then depart to cross the mountains and hunt down the gargoyles.

Smashomancer
2017-04-18, 11:15 AM
It was then we realized how hard it would be to track a flying creature days after it passed.

Idiot Cube
2017-04-18, 02:03 PM
Nah it's fine.

Rynjin
2017-04-18, 02:52 PM
I was wondering if you guys were going to make any prep or anything for this. You know the general area, but that encompasses a few miles of terrain. Did you want togo and just hope you stumbled on it or does Ixrul have a spell or something?

Smashomancer
2017-04-18, 09:22 PM
We could bring our tracker. To track things.

DualJay
2017-04-18, 10:01 PM
I was wondering if you guys were going to make any prep or anything for this. You know the general area, but that encompasses a few miles of terrain. Did you want togo and just hope you stumbled on it or does Ixrul have a spell or something?

With how gimped Find Creature is, not really possible. I'm mostly hoping they're in a structure or something that we can spot more easily.

Rynjin
2017-04-18, 10:03 PM
We could bring our tracker. To track things.

Who? As far as I recall the closest thing to a tracker you guys have is Arron, and that's mostly because he has Scent.

Smashomancer
2017-04-19, 07:29 AM
Right, isn't he a Slayer? They get a bonus to track with survival.

Rynjin
2017-04-19, 11:36 AM
He is an Alchemist. Vivisectionist, specifically. He took a liking to Slickjaw and all the neat stuff he could do, so went some of the same route as him.

Smashomancer
2017-04-19, 06:30 PM
We did have a Slayer on board though, right? Did he get devoured by the swarms?

Idiot Cube
2017-04-19, 06:33 PM
Yeah, Gortus!

Rynjin
2017-04-19, 08:17 PM
Gortus, unfortunately, is not trained in Survival.

Idiot Cube
2017-04-19, 08:54 PM
What about Riza? She's a Ranger.

DualJay
2017-04-19, 09:56 PM
We could try to Scry and Fry, but if they save versus the scry I'll have missed out on a big spell for the day, and we'll be no closer to finding them.

Rynjin
2017-04-19, 10:11 PM
What about Riza? She's a Ranger.

Jesus, I completely forgot Riza existed, you guys haven't mentioned or talked to her in so long. Last time I updated her sheet it was taking her from level 4 to level 5. If you want me to blow the dust off of her, you can have her at level 9, full ranks in Survival.

DualJay
2017-04-19, 10:18 PM
If you want, you can just calculate what her skill would be and we could leave her out of the fight itself.

Rynjin
2017-04-19, 10:26 PM
That's best, yeah. She'd have a +20 to Track.

DualJay
2017-04-20, 10:09 AM
Excellent.

With the help of our tracker, we search for the gargoyles.

False Life
[roll0]

Rynjin
2017-04-20, 06:38 PM
Riza helps you track the gargoyles back to a cave on the northwestern edge of the island. It's easy to miss, high up a cliff and obscured from below. The entrance is sort of a bowl, making it very difficult to climb all the way to the top, ensuring that only flying creatures can get up without being noticed (if they can get up at all).

Idiot Cube
2017-04-20, 07:06 PM
"Anyone need a ride up there? Captain Gremory?" he asks, slyly scooting forward on Gurram's back and patting the now open saddle.

DualJay
2017-04-21, 12:28 PM
Once they are within sight of the cave, Ixrul casts Fly, Shield, and Mirror Image [roll0] on himself. He then casts Extended (Rod) Haste on the party and Summon Monster 6 to create a Huge Air Elemental.

"I intend to cast a Sirocco on them, which will create a field of burning air that will sap the strength from their bodies. Avoid it, lest you suffer its effects."

Ixrul will order the Air Elemental to attack anything that tries to escape the Sirrocco, but to hide its presence until it is necessary to show itself.

Assuming nobody else has any preparation they want to do as Ixrul casts his spells, we ambush them.

ACTIVE SPELLS

Air Elemental: 16/16 rounds
HP: 115/115
2 Slams +19 (2d6+8)

Mirror Images: [roll1] See above, actually 8 - rolled twice by mistake
False Life: 13/13
Mage Armor
Shield

Haste: 22/22 rounds

Idiot Cube
2017-04-21, 03:31 PM
"In that case, here's my plan: Gurram will charge in by herself to rough 'em up while they're being burned. I'll wait on the sidelines until they crawl out of the sirocco, and then we can finish them off together."

Krom casts several spells, including Fly on both himself and Gremory. Gurram now looks stronger and more fireproof.

"Ace, you can fly on your own, right?"

ACTIVE SPELLS
Mage Armor, Gurram
Extended Shield, Gurram
Greater Evolution Surge, Gurram (Immunity to Fire and Increased Strength)
Bull's Strength, Krom
Fly, Krom and Gremory
Extended Barkskin, shared (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/improved-spell-sharing-teamwork/) by Krom and Gurram
Extended Heroism, shared by Krom and Gurram

Doopliss2008
2017-04-21, 08:13 PM
On the ship, Ace also activates his deathlurker's cloak for more life.

[roll0]

"Would any caster with even a shard of sense not prepare such a handy spell?" Ace replied

Ace also activates mirror image, Fly, and his shield,

[roll1]

"You guys do that, I'll harass them with spells while distanced, but will also melee if necessary"

HP: 109/92

AC: 29, FF 23

Smashomancer
2017-04-22, 08:20 AM
Gremory casts Divine Favor, Shield of Faith and See invisibility before heading up.

Good plan boys. I think I'm going to shoot them to death. To mix things up somewhat.

I never picked a second teamwork feat, but none of them are particularly useful for Gremory, so uh, Outflank I guess? Unless anyone has ideas.

Idiot Cube
2017-04-23, 12:40 PM
I never picked a second teamwork feat, but none of them are particularly useful for Gremory, so uh, Outflank I guess? Unless anyone has ideas.

What about Escape Route, for those times when you just need to get away from it all?

Rynjin
2017-04-23, 02:17 PM
You fly up to the top of the bowl, but are spotted by two Gargoyle sentries inside.

[roll1] - Gargoyles

Rynjin
2017-04-23, 02:19 PM
[roll0] 'Cause I messed up the first time.

Gremory, please put your character sheet in your sig. Everybody but Krom is up before the Gargoyles!

DualJay
2017-04-23, 04:42 PM
the inability to edit to fix roll formatting triggers me so bad

Ixrul catches the largest group of fighty enemies he can inside a Sirocco.

[roll0] fire damage in a 20 ft radius, 60 ft high cylinder, Fort DC 25 half
Fatigued if they take any damage
Prone if the fail the Fort save
DC 15 fly to not be knocked to ground if flying

In Auran, Ixrul says, "Go! Avoid the sirocco!"

His air elemental whirls towards the nearest gargoyle with incredible speed and smashes it.

[roll1]
[roll2]

ACTIVE SPELLS

Air Elemental: 14/16 rounds
HP: 115/115
2 Slams +19 (2d6+8)

Mirror Images: 8/8
False Life: 13/13
Mage Armor
Shield

Haste: 21/22 rounds
Sirocco: 11/11 rounds

Doopliss2008
2017-04-26, 10:49 PM
Ace chooses a gargoyle, and sends some magic missiles its way to annoy it.

[roll0]

[roll1]

Idiot Cube
2017-04-27, 12:27 AM
We've jumped ship, nerd.

http://paizo.com/campaigns/NoPirateBoardingAxes50Challenges/gameplay&page=last