PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas for a Noble PC Build!

khaldorgas
2017-03-24, 04:28 PM
I will play a campaign that is set in a Roman like setting.

All intelligent races are descended from angels and demons, and all people have a concept associated with an angel, and one associated with a demon. As the level progresses, you gain attributes, spellike abilites and other things.

My friends made combative characters, one made with angel of protection, and demon of strength, while another made with angel of destruction and demon of healing (yes, any concept is valid, has a meaning in game).
So I decided to make a different character, I made one with angel of hope and demon of nobility.

My DM gave me this for the concepts:

Demon of Nobility: +2 CHA, +2 INT, +2 CON

Level in diplomacy skills, feel motivation, heal
+1 to all Saves

Spell like (each 3x / day)
Lock Gaze
Seducers Eye
Suggestion

Angel of Hope: +2 DEX, + 2CON, +2 WIS

Spell like (each 3x / day)
Moment of Grateness
Blessing of Courage and Life
Find Fault

But now I do not know what class I do, since anything combative will much weaker than the rest of my party, because their concepts.

I had thought about build warlord, but it's too combative.

I would like a class that would represent a noble, that buffs, debuffs, and many tools to work on the social part of the game.

But I do not know any, so I've come to ask for ideas !!!

All Pathfinder and 3.5 classes and feats are allowed, we play by mixing.

Thank you!!

Dr_Dinosaur
2017-03-24, 04:40 PM
Do you qualify as a native outsider like an Aasimar or Tiefling? If so, the Insinuator Antipaladin archetype lets you draw your power from faith in yourself basically, since you can pick yourself every day.

Noble Scion's not a great prestige class, but it's certainly flavorful, especially if you start in one of the "dabbler" classes like Factotum.

Heck, I'm tempted to see about trading the Antipaladin's spellcasting for something and combining the two. Aura of Ego? More like Aura of Too Rich to Die

khaldorgas
2017-03-27, 08:17 PM
Anti paladin is nice, but i'm good.

Noble sion i dont know, i will check!!!

Now i'm thinking about build a beguiler

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2017-03-27, 08:37 PM
I would definitely go with Beguiler, you'll get some decent buffs, even more debuffs, utility spells that the party will definitely need, and tons of skills for social interaction and whatever else you want. Just stick with Beguiler for your entire career except for a single level of Mindbender at 6th level. Be sure to take the feat Mindsight from Lords of Madness page 126.

Take the feat Versatile Spellcaster, which allows you to spend two spell slots of the same level to cast any spell you know of one level higher. Since you automatically know every Beguiler spell of a level you can cast, this should give you early access to the next higher level of Beguiler spells. Some will argue that you must first be able to cast spells of that level before you know them, and you must know them to use Versatile Spellcaster to cast them, in which case you also need to take Heighten Spell for that to work, but it's still worth it.

With Versatile Spellcaster giving you early access to the next higher level of spells, and that Mindbender dip putting your Advanced Learning at even-numbered levels, you'll be able to pick a 2nd, 5th, 7th, 9th, and 9th level spell. For those I would pick Ray of Stupidity, Shadow Form, Greater Shadow Conjuration, Greater Shadow Evocation, and Superior Invisibility.

khaldorgas
2017-03-30, 12:17 PM
I would definitely go with Beguiler, you'll get some decent buffs, even more debuffs, utility spells that the party will definitely need, and tons of skills for social interaction and whatever else you want. Just stick with Beguiler for your entire career except for a single level of Mindbender at 6th level. Be sure to take the feat Mindsight from Lords of Madness page 126.

Take the feat Versatile Spellcaster, which allows you to spend two spell slots of the same level to cast any spell you know of one level higher. Since you automatically know every Beguiler spell of a level you can cast, this should give you early access to the next higher level of Beguiler spells. Some will argue that you must first be able to cast spells of that level before you know them, and you must know them to use Versatile Spellcaster to cast them, in which case you also need to take Heighten Spell for that to work, but it's still worth it.

With Versatile Spellcaster giving you early access to the next higher level of spells, and that Mindbender dip putting your Advanced Learning at even-numbered levels, you'll be able to pick a 2nd, 5th, 7th, 9th, and 9th level spell. For those I would pick Ray of Stupidity, Shadow Form, Greater Shadow Conjuration, Greater Shadow Evocation, and Superior Invisibility.

I would like to thank you! Your tips helped a lot, I'm going to build my character like that!

Thank you very much