PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Golden Fiddle

Avianmosquito
2017-03-24, 06:24 PM
I'm thinking of adding a dismissal song to the bard called "Golden Fiddle". Do you think level 18 and 21 perform skill is an appropriate requirement to allow you to cast dismissal with a will DC of 10+Perform-HD? Or alternately, is 10+Perform-HD an appropriate save for dismissal at level 18 and 21 perform?

gooddragon1
2017-03-24, 08:01 PM
I'm thinking of adding a dismissal song to the bard called "Golden Fiddle". Do you think level 18 and 21 perform skill is an appropriate requirement to allow you to cast dismissal with a will DC of 10+Perform-HD? Or alternately, is 10+Perform-HD an appropriate save for dismissal at level 18 and 21 perform?

Maybe make it a ritual from unearthed arcana? Interesting idea though and nice/clever adaptation of the real world song.

inuyasha
2017-03-24, 11:55 PM
I feel like I'd almost have it do the opposite though, as the Devil only leaves because he knows that he's been beat, but we see him use it to summon up a band of demons to play with him.

Avianmosquito
2017-03-25, 12:01 AM
I feel like I'd almost have it do the opposite though, as the Devil only leaves because he knows that he's been beat, but we see him use it to summon up a band of demons to play with him.

We don't know if he was playing the golden fiddle himself. But maybe "Tribute" would be a better title? The song has a very similar plot.

gooddragon1
2017-03-25, 12:44 AM
Doesn't need to be that similar imo. Banishment is a useful effect. The baddie did leave, and a golden fiddle was involved. It's more like a clever adaptation and throwback that could be useful and flavorful.