PDA

View Full Version : Fun PrC for Cleric?

abadguy
2007-07-27, 04:29 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm currently playing a human Cleric of Oghma 2 (Travel, Luck).
My party consists of a barb, a ranger/rogue, a ranger/fighter and a wizard.
We're using Core books and the Complete books and a smattering of other books like Kingdoms of Kalamar and Guide to Fearun. The setting is a homebrewed one.

My stats are:
Str 12
Dex 10
Con 14
Int 8
Wis 16
Cha 12

Based on a 32 point build.

Looking to get into a PrC eventually, what would be a good PrC to get into? Keeping in mind that we would have to roleplay HOW we are supposed to attain that PrC :smallsmile:

I'm looking at Contemplative or maybe Divine Disciple. The Dweomerkeeper looks good but can't see how I can get a Magic Domain!
Btw, Persistant Spell has been houseruled out :/ :smalleek:

Overlard
2007-07-27, 07:19 AM
It really depends what you're going for with your character theme: Hunter of the undead? Healer extraordinaire? Invincible battle cleric? All rounder?

AslanCross
2007-07-27, 08:27 AM
If you're one for combat, Warpriest would probably be good---though RP-wise it seems highly unlikely for a cleric of Oghma to lead an army to war.

Mordokai
2007-07-27, 09:18 AM
Well, if this thread is up, I might ask my question as well.

I'm also playing a cleric at the moment, in campaign her on forums. His CS can be found here. (http://www.rpgwebprofiler.net/view.php?id=54324) It's also homebrewed world where Navim represents goddes of death. Repose is similar to Death domain from PHB. I'm building him as an efficient turner, that's why he has Extra turning feat at the moment, later I'll get him Improved turning feat, and I intend to put five ranks in Knowledge(religion) for +2 on turning checks. Is there any PrC good for him? I'm reading Complete divne at the moment, but any suggestions are welcome.

And abadguy, hope you don't mind too much about my intrusion in your topic.

Keld Denar
2007-07-27, 10:01 AM
If you want full turning, the 2 best turning classes pclasses are Radiant Servent and Sacred Exorcist. Radiant Servent is the more powerful, in many opinions, but requires the sun domain to get into. Sacred Exorcist gets a couple of nifty spell like abilities, such as dispel evil and holy aura. Sacred Exorcist can also choose to gain bonuses vs undead, or the ability to turn evil outsider with bonuses. Both have full casting progression.

If you don't care about turning progression, Contemplative is very good, especially the bonus domain. Void Disciple is kind of wierd, but interesting and probably fitting for a follower of Oghma. I don't remember if it has full casting progression. Seeker of the Misty Isles has full casting progression, even if the table says otherwise (text trumps table). You have to be an elf or 1/2 elf though, unless your DM custom flavors it. (you can seek anything that is mythical and unattainable, and it fits the travel domain you have). Divine Oracle might also be fitting the whole Oghma theme. It has lower hp and BAB than most cleric plcasses, but gives some neat abilities (such as effective evasion and uncanny dodge, also the oracle domain, bonus domains 4tw). It also has full casting progression.

Most Pclasses are just as good as the others. I would strongly discourage you from losing caster levels from it though. No neat spell like abilities are worth losing access to higher level cleric spells, as there are so many, and they are so good. Anything that gives you bonus domains is gravy. You can never have too many domains, and while you can only memorize one domain spell from each level, more choise is good, and you get to use all of the domain powers.

abadguy
2007-08-01, 09:42 PM
thanks for replies!

Undead aren't really prevalent in the campaign setting so turning isn't really a factor for me. Due to the make up of the party, I was going along the lines of spellcaster/healer.

Another thing: feat progression. Couple of the feats in Complete Divine are pretty interesting like domain spontaneity. any advice on feat progression now that Persistent Spell is out? :D

ClericofPhwarrr
2007-08-01, 10:09 PM
Taking a crafting feat is always nice as a cleric. Scribe Scroll is nice for making a supply of backup spells, and Craft Wonderous Item is possibly the best all-around.