PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Need help with Dwarf Gunslinger(Gun Tank) build

Hikarizu
2017-03-25, 03:54 AM
Hello playground
I am making, as the title said, a dwarf Gunslinger with Pistolero and Gun Tank archetypes with some levels of fighter in for some extra feats. I am thinking a Trench Fighter archetype for the bonus dex to damage. Current feat selection is as follows

1 Gunslinger - Point-Blank Shot (Up Close and Deadly 1d6)
2 Fighter - Trench Warrior - Precise Shot
3 Fighter - Deadly Aim, Weapon Focus
4 Fighter - class feature - Dex to dmg with 1 gun (pistols)
5 Fighter - Rapid Shot, Rapid Reload
6 Gunslinger
7 Gunslinger - Snap Shot
8 Gunslinger
9 Gunslinger - Improved Snap Shot (Up Close and Deadly 2d6, Dex to dmg with pistols again)
and somewhere along the line
Signature Deed, Improved Critical, Critical Focus, Hammer the gap, Improved Initiative
What do you think?

Kallimakus
2017-03-25, 06:23 AM
s far as Trench Fighter and Dex to damage goes, I'm fairly certain it doesn't stack with the Gunslinger feature that does the same. Since if you have either feature, you add Dexterity to damage. Getting another ability that does the same seems redundant, since neither of them should stack. (Also, I recall that there was an explicit ruling that 'Dex bonus' (or any stat bonus) is considered a non-stacking type of bonus). I might go with base Armour training myself, since it does stack with the Gunslinger one.

Also, I'm not sure if I'd go with Hammer the Gap personally. I think that with the number of attacks you'll use (2-3) Weapon Specialization deals more damage anyway, and you have enough Fighter levels to qualify. Aside from that, I'm curious as to which deed you'll take for the Signature Deed (Since I'm not all that well-versed with Gunslinger to figure what is the best deed for it)

Hikarizu
2017-03-28, 03:11 AM
Yeah, that's the answer I found as well. It's considered a bonus of Dex type and it does not stack. That frees up other fighter archetypes like Mutation Warrior, Lore Warden or Weapon Master.
Good catch for Weapon Spec. I don't have any practice with more than 2nd level fighters and missed that. As for signature deed, I'll decide when I get there. There is a long way to 15th level and I will have time to decide which deed is worthwhile. I might go with antihero for the feat and just 2 levels of fighter

Geddy2112
2017-03-28, 12:31 PM
I second dropping hammer the gap-it is really only worth it if you are flurrying 8ish attack with natural attacks or two weapons.
A good feat you need once you have 3-4 attacks a turn is clustered shots. It makes all your damage total from each hit before damage reduction is applied, so it is only applied once vs every shot you hit with.

Hikarizu
2017-03-29, 12:58 AM
I know about cluster shots. But the gunslinger has a similar deed.

Geddy2112
2017-03-29, 10:23 AM
I know about cluster shots. But the gunslinger has a similar deed.

Ah very true! Most gunslingers are out of class by level 5, but you might have reason to stay in gunslinger past that or totally in class, as gun tank gets you a lot of what fighter could. Except for bonus feats, but you might just go 1-2 levels of fighter as you said.

The problem with dead shot deed is that you don't get rapid shot, and you have to spend grit to use it. If you sig deed it it becomes really good, but you still lose out on rapid shot.

Hikarizu
2017-03-30, 02:59 AM
That's true, but the deed crits more easily, since only one of the attacks needs to confirm. And Pistolero gets increased damage with pistols instead of dex to damage with additional types of firearms