PDA

View Full Version : Rules Question Do exceptions apply to subforums?

Squiddish
2017-03-25, 11:11 AM
About four months ago I posted a thread in worldbuilding describing my campaign setting. I have developed it more, and I'm wondering whether the exception to the ban on thread necromancy applies to homebrew and its subforum or merely to homebrew.

For those not clear, I've quoted the rule below (emphasis mine):

Thread Necromancy
Bringing a thread back from "the dead." If a thread hasn't been posted in within the last 45 days, don't reply to it. Start a new topic, if you want to discuss the subject (you are welcome to link to the old thread). If you think it would be better to resurrect an old thread, PM a moderator for that subforum and wait for approval. The original poster of a creation in Homebrew (and only that poster) may revive a creation beyond the 45 day threshold without prior Moderator approval.

Ceaon
2017-03-25, 06:09 PM
The world building subforum is, I believe, relatively new and thus not mentioned specifically in the rules. I would assume it allows thread revival exactly like its parent forum, seeing as the same logic would apply.

Psyren
2017-03-25, 10:00 PM
At the bottom of every subforum is a list of the moderators for that area - I would PM one of them to get permission to be on the safe side, that way you're in the clear.

Roland St. Jude
2017-04-06, 09:06 PM
Sheriff: I'm not prepared to make a blanket comment extending exceptions to subforums, but in this particular instance, yes, it works the same as in the parent forum.