PDA

View Full Version : (IC) Festival of Heroes - Dueling Arena

EdgeGrinder
2017-03-25, 05:58 PM
This is where the posting in the Dueling Arena of Festival of Heroes will happen.

Wolfykins
2017-03-25, 06:00 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a56/damsel_not_in_distress/FoH_coliseum_DUELINGARENA_0.jpg

Wolfykins
2017-03-25, 07:39 PM
Evergreen rode her griffon down to the pit at a quarter after 10 and greeted Ignatius as she moved to look over what equipment was available.

Darius Vibrtrar
2017-03-25, 09:12 PM
Umbear Arrived around 9:30, stretching and yawning, looking to get an advantage on the gear if such a thing was possible.

EdgeGrinder
2017-03-25, 10:54 PM
A tall half-orc stood silently with his arms crossed. He wore a suit of leather with the royasl silver sash over his shoulder and across his broad chest. His hair was black and cut very short. He skin was lightly green and he has intricate scarification down his arms and multiple piercings in both of his pointed ears and a nose ring in the middle of his snout-like nose. His tusks jutted out of the corners of his mouth. He was clean shaven and had a hard square jaw. He had a Greenwood Orc Ram slung over his shoulder as if it were a sword strapped to his back.

"Welcome to the Dueling Arena. I am Ignatius Rammingston, the Sergent-in-Arms of Juvelnord and the Festival of Heroes. Since you arrived first, please load up on gear." He growled

After the combatants are geared up, Ignatius started for the entrance to the field. "Once you go out there, stand with me in the middle while I speechify. After that, pick a square, and you get your prep round. Only use magic to enhance yourself or I will counterspell your ass. Otherwise, have fun out there." Ignatius grinned.

Darius Vibrtrar
2017-03-26, 08:40 AM
Umbear nods to Ignatius.

"Could you mention that I am fighting for triple cherries gambling hall?"

He turns to the druid and gives a nod of respect. He then heads out to the middle, his large form looking down at his announcer and competition.

EdgeGrinder
2017-03-26, 09:18 AM
Ignatius grumbled at Umbear's request.

Wolfykins
2017-03-26, 10:16 AM
Evergreen finished selecting her gear and put what she could on her griffon. Then she pulled herself onto his back, without a saddle. "I'm as ready as I can be," she said, following the others.

EdgeGrinder
2017-03-26, 10:40 AM
With the fighters by him in the arena, Ignatius cleared his throat. "Juvelnords! Visitors! This is the Festival of HEROES!!!" Ignatius paused for applause. "For this bout, we have Umbear for the Triple Cherries Gambling Hall and Evergreen, Leader of the Juvelnord Druid Grove. This is a knock out match. So no lethal hits. Three lethal strikes and you're outta here! Magic can be used freely without worry of injury, thanks to wardings by Court Mage, Hervir. No personal gear on the field or else you forfeit the match. I am watching! Only tournament provided gear is allowed, mismatched as it is." He yelled with a gravelly voice. "Fighters to your squares." He ordered.

After the fighters moved to their squares, he continued. "In the North square is Umbear! In the South square is Evergreen and Tadrith! You get one prep round. Magic yourselves only! After that, begin!" Ignatius cleared the arena to commence the bout.

Wolfykins
2017-03-26, 11:38 AM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a56/damsel_not_in_distress/damsel_not_in_distress002/FoH_coliseum_DUELINGARENA_1.jpg

Acrobatics DC checks increase by 5. Botching an acro check will cause you to slip and fall prone in the mud.

Tadrith carried Evergreen into the starting square and waited. Evergreen made a quick gesture and touched the griffon.
"With the aid of the conifer spirit, I bless you with the power of an enhanced bite!"
Quickened Greater Magic Fang
Then the green-haired gnome made a different gesture and touched the griffon again.
"By the sap of the great conifer spirit, may your bite drip acid to harm your foes!"
Acid Maw
The gnome smiled cheerfully at Umbear. "I hope we give the people a good show!" she called.

Initiative: [roll0]

Darius Vibrtrar
2017-03-26, 05:56 PM
Umbear shook his head looking toward the gnome.

"I'm afraid not evergreen. I'm just the monster who hides under the bed. "

He begins to draw power in a dynamic fashion. Black flame flowing off of him. (Move action )

Umbear takes one burn to gain access to telekinetic invisibility. Swift action

Umbear reaches forward and seems to grab the air, solidified, almost like a curtain of air, and draws it over himself, causing himself to disappear.

You weave strands of aether, bending light and dampening sound; This works as invisibility except that the aetheric bending is easier to notice than normal invisibility, so your bonus on Stealth checks is halved (+10 while moving and +20 while perfectly still).

However, the dampened sound allows you to avoid automatic detection via sound-based blindsense and blindsight, but you do not receive the bonus on Stealth checks from this wild talent against a creature with such abilities.

Darius Vibrtrar
2017-03-26, 08:19 PM
Hearing boo's and hisses from the crowd, he knows hes very unpopular with the crowd, but he never was the showman. He spends a Move action to gather power again, But the Sound is silenced by the telekinetic Invisibility, and the Sight is hidden as he charges himself up. He then holds out his two hands toward the Gnome.

Twinned Empowered Maximized Negative Adamixture, with Extended Range and Enervating. 3 burn.

[roll0] Touch Attack
192 non lethal Damage, Half Negative Energy, Half Bludgeoning,
1 Negative Level (-5 Max HP, -1 Attack Saves and skills)

[roll1] Touch Attack
192 non lethal Damage, Half Negative Energy, Half Bludgeoning,
1 Negative Level (-5 Max HP, -1 Attack Saves and skills)

Wolfykins
2017-03-26, 09:30 PM
Evergreen and Tadrith dodged the random lightning bolt. "Up," Evergreen said without trying to guide the griffon otherwise.

The magical beast flapped his mighty wings rose 60' up while moving 20' south with a screech. (Double move, u/v, 11/12; fly check 28 in dice roller.)

Evergreen lifted her hand and clenched her fist shut.
"Spirit of earth and stone, crush my opponent!"
Two colossal-sized masses of rock and earth formed 30' away on either side of Umbear and rushed towards him with a mighty, grinding crash!
Ranged touch attack: [roll0] (ignores concealment and cover)
Bludgeoning damage: [roll1]
If hit, target is knocked prone. Must make a DC 26 reflex save or be buried under rubble as if by a cave-in (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/traps-hazards-and-special-terrains/hazards/environmental-hazards/cave-in-or-collapse-cr-8/).
If the rocks miss, target still takes [roll2] bludgeoning damage, and is knocked prone. A successful reflex save halves the damage and negates prone.
Clashing Rocks (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/clashing-rocks/)

Darius Vibrtrar
2017-03-26, 09:54 PM
Umbear does not forsee such a sudden action, and collapses under the falling rock, becoming subject to the cave in, more than enough to finish off any normal combatent. Fortunately, Umbear is Not Normal. He Reverses Gravity in his location, He and the debris around him, fly up into the air 150 Feet as he hovers there, his own ability of flight allowing him to stabilize. He takes a moment to Gather energy and then uses a quickened action to fire at the Gnome.

Extended Range Quickened Empowered Negative Adamixture 1 Burn.

[roll0] Touch AC

[roll1] +50% (139 Damage)

Wolfykins
2017-03-26, 11:02 PM
Evergreen yelped as the blast hit her. "Let's go back down some!" she said urgently to the griffon.

Tadrith hesitated, glancing over his shoulder at her and then up at the ogre. With a sigh and a squawk, the griffon flew 40' west while descending to an altitude of 20', hoping to get his mistress further away from the ogre since he wasn't easily reachable to attack.

The gnome rapidly flipped her hand upward.
"Spirit of fire, quickly aid me with the power of divine flames!"
A cylinder of sparkling white flames sprang up around Umbear, dealing [roll0] damage (half fire, half divine). DC 21 reflex save for half.
Quickened Flame Strike (Distance including height puts Umbear ~158' from Evergreen, according to the Pythagorean theorum.)

Evergreen repeated the crushing gesture with her fist.
"Spirit of earth, crush him again!"
Two more colossal masses of earth formed 30' on either side of Umbear and rushed towards him.
Ranged touch attack: [roll1] (ignores cover and concealment)
Bludgeoning Damage: [roll2]
If hit, target is knocked prone. Must make a DC 26 reflex save or be buried under rubble as if by a cave-in.
If the rocks miss, target still takes [roll3] bludgeoning damage, and is knocked prone. A successful reflex save halves the damage and negates prone.
Clashing Rocks

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a56/damsel_not_in_distress/FoH_coliseum_DUELINGARENA_2.jpg

EdgeGrinder
2017-03-27, 10:03 AM
The various stones from the two cave-ins rose high into the air because of Umbear's obviously effects on gravity. The gravel amounted to ten small stones and five medium.

Darius Vibrtrar
2017-03-27, 10:15 AM
Umbear shakes his head, getting annoyed by the constant pummeling from large rocks. He growls and looks around and then chuckles. He adjusts the gravity again, Himself and all the rubble begin falling in a slant, almost as if they were on a clothes wire in a south western direction until they begin to drop off, 100 feet above Evergreen and her Griffon.

Fifteen DC: 15 Saving throws for Evergreen, then another 15 for her Griffon
Damage
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]

Instead of falling, Umbear is disposited into the square 100 feet above evergreen, and hovers there. As he looks down he begins to gather power again, He is visibly seen as black fire surrounds him, the flames growing large and larger as the dirt and dust covering him from the cave in lifts off him, a loud growl, hollow and deep comes from him as he gathers his strength before before unleashing a beam at the Gnome.

Extended Range Enervating Empowered Quickened Negative Adamixture

[roll15] Touch

[roll16] +50% 139 Damage. If 30 Touch Confirms the Crit, that is 278 Nonlethal.

If Hit, gives 1 Temporary Negative Level, -5 Hp, -1 attack, -1 saves, -1 Skills (disappears in 24 hours)

Wolfykins
2017-03-27, 10:47 AM
Evergreen and Tadrith nimbly dodged the falling rocks and were unharmed.
Umbear's ray struck the gnome and she stiffened, and then slumped over, unconscious and barely breathing, but did not fall from the griffon's back.

EdgeGrinder
2017-03-27, 11:24 AM
With the end of Umbear's attack on Evergreen, a jagged bolt of loud crackling force interrupted the end of the beam in a bright discharge.

"STOP!!!" The rough voice of Ignatius boomed!

The Sargent-in-Arms suddenly appeared in the air beside Tadrith.

Winged Boots of Teleportation

He quickly scanned her body.

Deathwatch Eyes

He then lifted her off the griffin and held her in his thick arms.

"To me!!!" a voice called out.

Quickly, he flew to the royal box seating and set her next to Princess Geiravor, who summoned up her Powerful Healer blessing and a Cure Critical Wounds spell.

Empowered Cure Critical Wounds
[roll0] x 1.5 = 61

Ignatius flew back into the arena and stared at Umbear. "Dude, if not for the warding, Evergreen would be dead. You should really think about how much energy you put into your attacks. This is only the first tier after all. No penalty. Continue now." He finished with a teleport.

(Umbear make a free performance check for Vanquish Opponent and a mandatory performance combat check for Near Killing in that order.)

Wolfykins
2017-03-27, 12:20 PM
Tadrith looked up at Umbear and hissed. The griffon shot diagonally across the arena, putting as much distance as he could between himself and the ogre, maintaining his 20' altitude. (Double move, 145' traveled.)

Darius Vibrtrar
2017-03-27, 12:57 PM
Umbear watches as the Griffon leaves and shakes his head.

"I think Grandfather will help me out here."

Umbear spends the Round Yelling grasping his right wrist with his left hand as a spark of negative energy begins to grow

(Summon Negative Energy Elder Elemental)

Wolfykins
2017-03-27, 01:00 PM
The griffon flapped his enormous wings and ascended straight upward 80' to an altitude of 100' (double move, fly check 25 in dice roller).

Darius Vibrtrar
2017-03-27, 01:19 PM
Umbear finishes his summon and takes 1 burn to imbue the summon with intelligence. He grunts as the HUGE negative energy elemental hovers above him. he looks up to the elemental, sweat upon his own brow.

"lets turn up the heat grandfather"

He begins to move forward toward the Griffen, Double Move 60 feet toward the Griffen, the Elemental follows, hovering above Umbear.

Wolfykins
2017-03-27, 07:10 PM
Tadrith eyed the elemental suspiciously before returning hist gaze to Umbear, expression hostile. He decided to ignore the elemental and just try to get back at the one who'd hurt his mistress so badly. With a piercing screech, the griffon charged Umbear and pounced!

Bite (nonlethal) attack 1: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] + [roll2] acid damage, and the acid will deal an additional [roll3] damage for the next 6 rounds.

Bite (nonlethal) attack 2: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5] + [roll6] acid damage, and the acid will deal an additional [roll7] damage for the next 6 rounds (does not stack with ongoing acid damage from previous attack).

Talon (nonlethal) attack 3: [roll8]
Damage: [roll9]

Rake (nonlethal) claw attack 4: [roll10]
Damage: [roll11]

Darius Vibrtrar
2017-03-27, 08:50 PM
AoO from Elder Elemental

[roll0] Slam

[roll1] + 3 Negative Levels. -15 HP, -3 Attack, - 3 Skill

AoO from Umbear

[roll2]

[roll3] Damage Crit Confirmed in Roller, 119 Damage total.

Wolfykins
2017-03-27, 09:34 PM
Tadrith avoided the elemental's blow, but took serious bruising from the ogre's strike. The griffon let out an undignified squawk and flapped his wings to keep from losing altitude. (Fly check 34 in dice roller.)

Darius Vibrtrar
2017-03-27, 09:36 PM
Umbear flinches as the Griffon Bites and claws him. The Acid burning into his flesh.

"Look Bird Lion. your master is done. You should bow too. "

He moves back 5 feet from the Griffon out of the Griffons Range.

"Let me take it easy on you, so I dont get scolded by the MAN again."

He points his pinky at the griffon and closes one eye and sticks his tongue out of his mouth, as if concentrating. A Black Ray flying from his little finger toward the griffon.

[roll0] Vs Touch AC

Empowered, Maximized Negative Energy Ray. 84 Damage.

Wolfykins
2017-03-27, 09:39 PM
Tadrith hissed as the ray struck him, and went limp. His wings stopped flapping and he started to fall the 100' distance to the arena floor.

EdgeGrinder
2017-03-27, 09:46 PM
With a hand on the bandana covering his head and the other held out towards the falling griffin, Ignatius cast a spell on Tadrith, who's fall was slowed

Long Reach Featherfall

He stepped out into the arena and held a thumbs up towards Umbear. "Winner by knock out, Umbear... and his granddad!!!" He announced.

After he finished, a group of clerics came into the arena to receive the unconscious creature.

(Umbear make a performance combat check.)

Darius Vibrtrar
2017-03-27, 09:50 PM
Umbear Again Gathers energy as his Black Flames explode out of him, fed by the negative energy elemental above him.

[roll0]

EdgeGrinder
2017-03-28, 03:13 PM
As the clerics healed Tadrith in the arena, another group of clerics healed Evergreen in the royal seats.

"Is Evergreen ready?!" Ignatius boomed.

Once both were healthy and conscious, he motions for Evergreen to come down. Once Evergreen and Tadith reunited with him and Umbear by the pool, he continued.

"Let's hear it for Umbear and Evergreen and Tadrith!" Ignatius said, rallying the crowd. "Take your bows." He whispered to Umbear and Evergreen

"Good peoples of Juvelnord and other lands, thank you for coming to support our heroes today! You saw a rare slight of the wardings at work. Proof of how serious we are about the safety of our heroes. Fault them not for cutting loose because this event is completely for going... all... OUT! And go all out they did. Whether it was, Evergreen's Clashing Boulders or Umbear's Negative Energy Ray, we saw powerful techniques here today! Friends, let's hear it for Evergreen!" Ignatius paused for the crowd and they cheered and roared in excitement. "Once again, give it up for our winner, Umbear!" The crowd applauded and cheered a just as they did for Evergreen. "Say some words if you got any. Play on the favor you gained." Ignatius whispered in a deep growl.

Darius Vibrtrar
2017-03-28, 04:15 PM
Umbear gestures toward evergreen.

" I would like to say first, had she faced anyone but me in this match, she would have won with her tactics, I only survived her initial onslaught because of my unique abilities. And I want it known that her skills are not to be under estimated. "

He attempts to shake her hand, if she let's him.

"You fought with cunning evergreen"

He turns back to the crowd.

" I am not sure what to say to a crowd of people that don't have torches and pitchforks, but thank you for your support. If you return to watch more of my matches. I guarantee a show unlike you've ever seen. "

Wolfykins
2017-03-28, 04:17 PM
Evergreen reached up to shake Umbear's hand, the size difference between gnome and ogre almost comical. She smiled at him.
"You fought well, and the crowd seemed to like you," she commented quietly.

EdgeGrinder
2017-03-28, 04:30 PM
Ignatius lead Umbear and Evergreen to the pit. "I think, you came out of that disaster looking good, orge. He grinned to Umbear. "And you, Evergreen, are pretty scrappy in a fight. Should war ever come to Juvelnord, I would love to fight with you!" He gave a hearty laugh.

"Anyway dudes, your fans await. Give them a second of your time, but not a second more or you'll be here all day. Before that, turn in your tournament issue gear and collect your things. Umbear, be sure you get healed too. Other than that, you are free to go. Enjoy the festival and watch me referee the next pair of knuckleheads. Late." He explained in a medium growl.

Umbear and Evergreen are leaving the dueling arena at 10:50 am. They are free to spent the rest of the day however.

Wolfykins
2017-03-28, 04:35 PM
Evergreen smiled at Ignatius. "I will always protect the Grove when they need me. Sacred duty and all that."
Evergreen stood at the entrance to the dueling arena to shake hands with those who favored her before heading back down to the pit.
The gnome got help from the aides to remove the tourney gear and reclaim her own belongings. Then she helped remove Tadrith's borrowed gear. She pulled herself up onto his back.
"Come on, Tadrith, let's go get some lunch and have a nice grooming session at a bath house. We both need it after all that," she said, patting the griffon's shoulder.
"Good luck, Umbear!" the gnome said over her shoulder as she rode away on her monstrous mount.

Erealyn
2017-03-28, 09:59 PM
Jaylyn walks into the pit, once her eyes get adjusted to the light change, looks around at all the items present, some she recognized, others not so much. Jaylyn looking at Droktoktor and says "You may have the honor of first pick."

Milosh13
2017-03-28, 10:23 PM
If that is what the lady wishes than it shall be so.

Droktoktor and Jaylyn then grabbed the gear they wanted piece by piece.

When Droktoktor had the pieces we had wanted he started getting ready for the fight.

Erealyn
2017-03-29, 05:17 PM
After selecting the items Jaylyn wanted, she put everything on feeling the effects of each item. Then looked over at Droktoktor and giggled before saying, "I'm sure glad we're not having a contest of fashion, cause good grief I feel silly."

Then taking a more serious tone, "Well are you ready? Cause I'm as ready as I'll ever be."

Milosh13
2017-03-29, 06:24 PM
Droktoktor looked at Jaylyn and responded, I suppose we should get this show on the road.

He then moved with Jaylyn to the entrance to the arena.

EdgeGrinder
2017-03-29, 06:34 PM
Ignatius stomped into the pit with a glass of some sort of reddish potion that smelt strongly of honey and lemon. He walked up to the geared up fighters, took a few gulps of the liquid. "Oh good. You dudes are ready to go. Sorry, I wasn't here. I was taking a throat break. I am not used to talking so much." He explained with a deep guttural voice. "Moving on... Welcome to the Dueling Arena. I am Ignatius Rammingston, the Sergent-in-Arms of Juvelnord and the Festival of Heroes." He introduced himself.

He started for the arena field and motioned for Droktoktor and Jaylyn to follow. "Once you go out there, stand with me in the middle while I speechify. After that, pick a square, and you get your prep round. Only use magic to enhance yourself or I will counterspell your ass. Otherwise, have fun out there."

With the fighters by him in the arena, Ignatius cleared his throat. "Juvelnords! Visitors! This is the Festival of HEROES!!!" Ignatius paused for applause. "For this bout, we have the local catfolk, Droktoktor, and Jaylyn, Master Shapeshifter from Varrock. This is a knock out match. So no lethal hits. Three lethal strikes and you're outta here! Magic can be used freely without worry of injury, thanks to wardings by Court Mage, Hervir. No personal gear on the field or else you forfeit the match. I am watching! Only tournament provided gear is allowed, mismatched as it is." He yelled with a gravelly voice. "Fighters to your squares."He ordered.

After the fighters moved to their squares, he continued. "In the North square is Droktoktor! In the South square is Jaylyn! You get one prep round. Magic yourselves only! After that, begin!" Ignatius cleared the arena to commence the bout.

Erealyn
2017-03-29, 06:54 PM
Jaylyn in winged fox form walks, her tails flowing in an almost mesmerizing way, out to the middle of the arena. Jaylyn noting the crowds response to Droktoktor and herself. After listening to Ignatius' speech turns to Droktoktor and bows deeply, before walking to her starting side of the arena and facing Droktoktor.

Jaylyn then says in Draconic "Can't hit what you can't see" then vanishes.

Invisiblity

Initiative [roll0]

Wolfykins
2017-03-29, 10:36 PM
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17554503_10208991948377214_6412429458500445273_n.j pg?oh=60e7d5ed8c67b985666e4368ff2de375&oe=5969C5AE

Acrobatics DC checks increase by 5. Botching an acro check will cause you to slip and fall prone in the mud.

Milosh13
2017-03-29, 10:52 PM
When Droktoktor reaches his square he begins to say something under his breath.

Become the predator and not the prey. Cast Aspect of the Bear

The catfolk then readies his punching daggers.

Initiative - 1d20+5 (13-Result from Dice Roller Thread)
Spellcraft - Aspect of the Bear - (DC17) 1d20+15 (28-Result from Dice Roller Thread)

Erealyn
2017-03-30, 04:59 PM
Jaylyn watched as Droktoktor pulled out the punching daggers. "weird choice, but oh well he's going to have to wait just a little longer before I reveal myself," Jaylyn thought as she starting moving.

I move 15 feet over and 15 feet up to O14

Jaylyn then speaking in Draconic, "I'm not where I seem to be"

Displacement

Milosh13
2017-03-30, 05:40 PM
Droktoktor looks around the arena and comes to a conclusion.

I know how to flush you out of hiding.

Droktoktor then pulls a small metal ring from his pouch and begins to speak in Druidic.

Come to my aid electrifying spheres.

Ball Lightning - [roll0]
If successful, Three balls of electricity will form.

Erealyn
2017-03-30, 05:55 PM
Jaylyn almost opens her mouth to speak before realizing she was about to do something really stupid. Jaylyn thinks to herself "You think you're going to be cleaver, but not this day."

maintaining her 15 feet height moving to K18

Speaking in Draconic "make spells harder to hit me"

Spell Resistance

Milosh13
2017-03-31, 11:27 AM
Droktoktor then positions the three spheres in three separate locations. One ball of lightning hovers above square I12, the second hovers above square H15, and the third hovers above square H9.

Wolfykins
2017-03-31, 12:05 PM
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17634474_10209002749647239_9189371340824403022_n.j pg?oh=deac65b4767fe993e4fea62d2466d72c&oe=599405F4

Erealyn
2017-03-31, 01:20 PM
Jaylyn feeling prepared moved up 5 feet and to E18, then looking at Droktoktor, points then speaks in Draconic.

"Elements assess his weaknesses"

a multi-colored ray appears heading toward Droktoktor.

Jaylyn then says, "Let's get this party started!"

Elemental Assessor

Ranged Flat-Footed Touch attack [roll0]
damage: [roll1] nonlethal Acid Damage
damage: [roll2] nonlethal Cold Damage
damage: [roll3] nonlethal Electricity Damage
damage: [roll4] nonlethal Fire Damage

and for the next [roll5] rounds Droktoktor takes [roll6] non-lethal Acid damage.

performance check (1d20+11)[17]

Milosh13
2017-03-31, 01:49 PM
Droktoktor is pelted with energy of various natures.

There you are.

Droktoktor then has the sphere hovering at square H15 to E18 directly beneath the now located Jaylyn. The catfolk then quickdraws his crossbow and takes aim at the flying creature.

Quickdraw Crossbow
[roll0] - Non-lethal damage [roll1]

Performance Check - (DC13) Results from Dice Roller are 17

Erealyn
2017-03-31, 02:31 PM
Jaylyn notes that Droktoktor drew his crossbow and fires it. Jaylyn moves 30 feet south, to K18, maintaining her 20 feet height. Jaylyn looks at Droktoktor and says "It's time for me to go ALL-OUT! I hope your ready for this."

Jaylyn switches to Draconic and says "Mars Celestial Fireballs BLAST!"

four 2-foot-diameter spheres appears at Jaylyn's hand and then streaks towards Droktoktor leaving a trail of fiery sparks as they travel.

Ranged touch attack 1: [roll0] for [roll1] non-lethal bludgeoning damage (if hit you take -4 on the reflex save)
Ranged touch attack 2: [roll2] for [roll3] non-lethal bludgeoning damage (if hit you take -4 on the reflex save)
Ranged touch attack 3: [roll4] for [roll5] non-lethal bludgeoning damage (if hit you take -4 on the reflex save)
Ranged touch attack 4: [roll6] for [roll7] non-lethal bludgeoning damage (if hit you take -4 on the reflex save)

you must then make 4 reflex saves (DC 28) -4 if they hit
reflex 1 is for [roll8] non-lethal fire damage.
reflex 2 is for [roll9] non-lethal fire damage.
reflex 3 is for [roll10] non-lethal fire damage.
reflex 4 is for [roll11] non-lethal fire damage.

if you have fire resistance it only applies once.

Meteor Swarm

Milosh13
2017-03-31, 02:48 PM
Droktoktor sees the spheres coming but is unable to get out of their way and is hit directly.

After the smoke clears, the catfolk is lying motionless on the ground.

Erealyn
2017-03-31, 02:51 PM
Jaylyn sees Droktoktor motionless on the ground, gasps "NO!!!" she screams and descend as fast as she can to the fallen hero.

performance for vanquishing a foe (1d20+11)[14]

EdgeGrinder
2017-03-31, 03:19 PM
"And that was all she wrote!" Ignatius boomed as he walked into the field. A group of clerics rushed onto the field behind Ignatius and went by him towards Droktoktor. The healed him up completely. He regained conscious and was helped to his feet. The clerics then went to ask Jaylyn if she was alright.

Ignatius gathered the competitors with him back the pool. "Let's hear it for Jaylyn and Droktoktor!" Ignatius said, rallying the crowd. "Take your bows." He whispered to them.

"Good peoples of Juvelnord and other lands, thank you for coming to support our heroes today! The Festival of Heroes is a spectacle of amazing magics. Where else will you see Meteor Swarm versus Ball Lightining? Let's hear it for our winner, Jaylyn!" The crowd applauded and cheered. "Got sonething to say? Now's your chance." Ignatius whispered in a deep growl.

Erealyn
2017-03-31, 04:26 PM
Jaylyn seeing the Clerics rushing the field feared the worst, but gave them the room they needed. Seeing Droktoktor stand, Jaylyn let out a grateful sigh of relief. For a moment there Jaylyn thought she may have gone too far over-board.

"No, no I'm fine," Jaylyn said to the Cleric when asked, "I didn't get hit at all."

When instructed Jaylyn looked at the crowd and bowed deeply, then turned to Droktoktor and bowed deeply and respectfully. Then whispered to Droktoktor, "Sorry if I went a bit overboard there."

"Do I have anything to say, what COULD I say after that," Jaylyn thought after hearing Ignatius, "Well the truth I guess will do."

Jaylyn then looked at the crowd and cleared her throat before beginning.

"GOOD PEOPLE OF JUVELNORD, I WAS INVITED BY THE GREAT PRINCESS GEIRAVOR, TO TEST MY METTLE AGAINST THE BEST THIS LAND HAS TO OFFER. BEFORE THIS FIGHT ME AND MY OPPONENT AGREED TO GO ALL OUT, AND GO ALL OUT WE DID. THE FORTUNE OF THE GODS OF MAGIC JUST HAPPEN TO SMILE UPON ME THIS DAY. MY ONLY REGRET IS THAT THE FIGHT ITSELF DID NOT LAST AS LONG AS I'D HOPED, BUT WITH MAGIC ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE."

diplomacy (1d20+14)[27]

Milosh13
2017-03-31, 04:42 PM
After coming to, Droktoktor, seeing Jaylyn bowing, proceeded to do the same and whispered back to her, I'm glad that you didn't hold back.

EdgeGrinder
2017-03-31, 07:33 PM
Ignatius lead Jaylyn and Droktoktor off the field.

"Anyway dudes, like I told the guys before you, your fans await. Give them a second of your time, but not a second more or you'll be here all day. Before that, turn in your tournament issue gear and collect your things. Other than that, you are free to go. Late." He explained in a medium growl.

Jaylyn and Droktoktor are leaving the dueling arena at 2:50. They are free to spent the rest of the day however.

Milosh13
2017-03-31, 09:00 PM
Droktoktor turned in his gear and collected his items and went to the entrance to meet with any fans that wanted to meet him.

Erealyn
2017-03-31, 11:05 PM
Jaylyn followed the others back into the pit, taking off the gear as she went. Once in the pit she returned all the items back where she found them, and flew to the entrance to meet with the crowd. Shaking hands with whomever offered it, and thanking those who congratulated her.

One such person she remembered from last night, "Well hello umm...sailor," Jaylyn said looking a little embarrassed seeing as the man is no longer in his sailor uniform. "By the way I never did get your name."

Jaylyn gets the name from the sailor before continuing, "Let me go back to the castle and change out of my arena clothing, then I'll meet ya at the boating game, and we can go to your favorite eating place," Jaylyn said. "It will be my treat, but no heavy alcohol I have a match tomorrow and I need to be at 110% if I wish to continue winning."

Jaylyn then goes back to shaking hands and thanks the fans who congratulates her.

Wolfykins
2017-04-07, 09:56 AM
Triblin arrived shortly before the appointed time and inspected the available gear while waiting for Aurix.

Andrew Markham
2017-04-07, 10:01 AM
Aurix arrives 15 minutes early to make sure there are mithral daggers available. He also presents his miniature cannon spell focus for assessment. "This is the material focus for the Arcane Cannon spell. Is it legal?"

He nods at Triblin as he arrives. "So, how shall we handle this fairly?"

Wolfykins
2017-04-07, 10:12 AM
"Coin flip?" Triblin suggested with a shrug. "Sir Ignatius, if you wouldn't mind?" the halfling looked at the half-orc.

EdgeGrinder
2017-04-07, 10:12 AM
Ignatius stood in the pit, his usual subdue self. He gave the combatants an acknowledging nod. "By now, you know the whole spiel, but for Master Kornari's sake... Welcome to the Dueling Arena. I am Ignatius Rammingston, the Sergent-in-Arms of Juvelnord and the Festival of Heroes. Please load up on gear." Ignatius growled.

Ignatius provided Aurix with tourney issue Mithral daggers and inspected the miniature with delight.

Spellcraft
[roll0]

"Very cool. It checks out. Proceed." Ignatius replied.

Wolfykins
2017-04-07, 11:13 AM
Triblin picked out what gear he wanted and the aides helped him don his armor. Once ready, he followed Ignatius.

Andrew Markham
2017-04-07, 11:14 AM
Aurix finishes picking out his gear. "Well, once again I feel ridiculous, but at least as protected as I can be. Let's have a good match, Triblin."

EdgeGrinder
2017-04-07, 11:15 AM
After the combatants are geared up, Ignatius started for the entrance to the field. "Once you go out there, stand with me in the middle while I speechify. After that, pick a square, and you get your prep round. Only use magic to enhance yourself or I will dispell your butt. Otherwise, have fun out there." Ignatius grinned.

With the fighters by him in the arena, Ignatius cleared his throat. "Juvelnords! Visitors! This is the Festival of HEROES!!!" Ignatius paused for applause. "The heavens thunder in excitement for round two!!! In this bout, we have Aurix Kornari, Erastil's Dragon, and Triblin, Bane of Brigands and Bounty Hunter of Elsewhere. This is a knock out match. So no lethal hits. Three lethal strikes and you're outta here! Magic can be used freely without worry of injury, thanks to wardings by Court Mage, Hervir. No personal gear on the field or else you forfeit the match. I am watching! Only tournament provided gear is allowed, mismatched as it is." He yelled with a gravelly voice. "Fighters to your squares."He ordered.

After the fighters moved to their squares, he continued. "In the North square is Aurix! In the South square is Triblin! You get one prep round. Magic yourselves only! After that, begin!" Ignatius cleared the arena to commence the bout.

Wolfykins
2017-04-07, 12:10 PM
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17796875_10209064825719102_8966635323297741793_n.j pg?oh=1cb258c3f0bb917ae05d45a5d371bb58&oe=59980841

The arena floor is very wet, squishy, slippery mud. It counts as difficult terrain, and acrobatics checks DC's are increased by +2.

Triblin picked his way carefully through the mud to the starting block. The halfling dashed a lock of blue hair out of his eyes and readied himself.
Wings sprouted from the boots he wore. (Standard.)
Then he moved north 10' while ascending at a 45-degree angle to a 10' elevation, drawing his sap as he did so. (Move, P12.) The halfling raised his weapon in a solute to the crowd and smiled broadly.

Andrew Markham
2017-04-07, 12:43 PM
Aurix speeds up his first spell. The mythril daggers rise out of Aurix's belt and begin floating around him. Then he smiles and snaps his fingers. The world slows to a standstill for Aurix.

Quickened Wreath of Blades
Time Stop
1d4+3= 5 rounds of Time Stop (rolled in dice roller)

Round 1:
Moment of Prescience
Quickened Displacement

Round 2:
Grand Destiny
Quickened Haste

Round 3:
Greater Heroism- +18 temp HP
Quickened Umbral Weapon

Round 4:
Unsheath wings (standard action)
Quickened Greater False Life- [roll0] temp HP

Round 5:
Quickened Embrace Destiny- [roll1]
Iron Body

Aurix's skin and his now extended wings are now metal, and he is accompanied by a flickering duplicate. He mirrors Triblin's movement, rising 10' and moving 10' forward to G11. He holds his quarterstaff in both hands, ready to fight.

Initiative: [roll2]

Andrew Markham
2017-04-07, 01:11 PM
Aurix clangs the end of his quarterstaff against his iron palm. "You know, I'm just not the running type...time to attack!" Aurix snaps his fingers, releasing a trio of angry orange rays towards Triblin. Then he chases after them, moving 40 feet south to O11 and attacking Triblin with his quarterstaff!

Quickened Empowered Maximized Scorching Ray

Ray vs Touch AC
[roll0], 4d6+8= 32 x 1.5= 48 nonlethal fire damage
[roll1], 4d6+8= 32 x 1.5= 48 nonlethal fire damage
[roll2], 4d6+8= 32 x 1.5= 48 nonlethal fire damage

Power Attack vs Triblin
1d20+30 (+4 from buff, I roll a 9) = 39 to hit, [roll3] nonlethal damage
A black afterimage of the quarterstaff attempts to strike Triblin again!
[roll4], [roll5] cold damage

Triblin also takes 27 damage (rolled in dice thread) from the floating daggers.

Wolfykins
2017-04-07, 01:58 PM
Triblin grunted in pain as the rays blasted him, raising lots of blisters. He tried to block the staff blow, but couldn't, and grunted again when it connected.
"You're certainly starting off strong," the halfling panted. Swiftly, his posture changed.
Swift action: Enter Outslug Style! +1 dodge bonus to AC and a +1 bonus on weapon damage rolls with sap if a 5' step is taken. Don’t take a –2 penalty to your AC when using the Lunge feat. The bonuses to AC and on weapon damage rolls that you gain from Outslug Style increase to +2. Can move an additional 5 feet when making a 5-foot step.

The halfling swung his sap around to strike at Aurix.

Attack 1: [roll0] Miss on a 1: [roll1] If a miss, reroll: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Attack 2: [roll4] Miss on a 1: [roll5] If a miss, reroll: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]

Attack 3: [roll8] Miss on a 1: [roll9] If a miss, reroll: [roll10]
Damage: [roll11]

Then the halfling moved 10' east. (Counts as a 5' step, does not provoke AoO.)

Andrew Markham
2017-04-07, 02:53 PM
Performance for first blood: [roll0]

Aurix flinches slightly as the sap clangs against his metal flesh once, then twice, then three times. It leaves a small dent in his body. He looks over at Triblin with a deadpan stare. "Ow." Then his look softens, becoming more sympathetic. "You're probably a lot more effective when people don't see you coming. I get that. My apologies, for the disadvantage. But I'm still going to attack as best I can." Aurix channels his magical energy into his quarterstaff (Swift Action), then moves southeast and east to P13.

Power Attack vs Triblin
[roll1], [roll2] nonlethal damage

On the start of his turn, Triblin takes [roll3] damage from the floating knives.

Wolfykins
2017-04-07, 03:03 PM
"You're right... I... operate by catching my targets... by surprise," the halfling wheezed. Aurix's staff struck him squarely, and he fell unconscious and started to fall.

EdgeGrinder
2017-04-07, 08:04 PM
Ignatius stood by in the pit watching closely. As Triblin began to fall, Ignatius reached out his hand with his other resting on his bandanna.

Long Reach Featherfall

Triblin's fall slowed to a safe speed. Ignatius ran into the arena, followed by the gaggle of tournament clerics. Ignatius took center field as the clerics caught Triblin. They heal Triblin into consciousness.

Ignatius gathered the competitors with him back the pool. "Let's hear it for Aurix and Triblin!" Ignatius said, rallying the crowd. "Take your bows." He whispered to them.

"Good peoples of Juvelnord and other lands, thank you for coming to support our heroes today! Some fights are quick. Blink and you'll miss it. Let's hear it for our winner, Aurix!" The crowd applauded and cheered. "Got something to say? Now's your chance." Ignatius whispered in a deep growl.

Andrew Markham
2017-04-07, 11:04 PM
Aurix nods to Ignatius and begins to slowly fly up. He rotates around, looking at the audience. "First I would like to play respect to our fair lady, Princess Geiravor, and her Master of Arms, Sir Warrick, for so wisely changing the time of today's matches. I am glad you are safe and able to witness our matches today."

"I pay respect to my opponent, the bounty hunter Triblin. He fought bravely, but he was at a disadvantage. Triblin was not able to fight in his preferred way. Using his own strengths, Triblin has done much good for Juvelnord by bringing criminals to justice. I implore you each to do as we heroes have done, and look inside to find your own strengths. No matter what you excel at, you can do good for your friends, family, and your kingdom. I hope in the coming days, you can be inspired by the heroes you see here, and look inside to find your unique gifts. They will be needed in the future." Aurix looks into people's eyes as he says, "May you all be blessed by the gods of good." Aurix bows his head slightly, then allows himself to fall back to the ground. There are tremors as his massive metal body hits the ground. Aurix nods to Ignatius and goes into the pits to remove his tournament gear.

Performance: [roll0]
Perform (oratory) (buffed): [roll1]
Diplomacy: [roll2]

EdgeGrinder
2017-04-07, 11:15 PM
Ignatius lead Aurix and Triblin off the field.

"Anyway dudes, like I told the guts yesterday, your fans await. Give them a second of your time, but not a second more or you'll be here all day. Before that, turn in your tournament issue gear and collect your things. Other than that, you are free to go. Late." He explained in a medium growl.

Aurix and Triblin are leaving the dueling arena at 3:20. They are free to spent the rest of the day as they will.

Andrew Markham
2017-05-15, 09:33 AM
As usual, Aurix arrives 15 minutes early. He collects the masterwork mithril daggers provided as material spell components for him, then waits for Camille.

Wolfykins
2017-05-15, 09:38 AM
Camille entered from the direction of the corridor down to the training area, walking with Warrick, seemingly deep in conversation with him. He nodded and gave her a quick squeeze and a familiar pat on the head before walking away. Camille looked faintly disgruntled and shook her head as she strode quickly over to Aurix and the equipment table.
"Hello!" she greeted. "I'm not sure we've formally met? Camille Clarke," she said, holding out her hand.

Andrew Markham
2017-05-15, 09:43 AM
Aurix quickly reassesses his thoughts on Warrick and Camille's relationship. That was clearly a familial gesture instead of an intimate one. He shakes the outstretched hand firmly. "Aurix Kornari. Well met. I'm looking forward to a good match."

Wolfykins
2017-05-15, 09:52 AM
Camille's grip was strong, and she smiled as she shook Aurix's hand.
"Yes, I certainly hope it's a good match!" she said cheerfully.
"Ignatius, who picks first?" Camille asked, looking at the half-orc.

EdgeGrinder
2017-05-15, 09:53 AM
The tall orcish man stood solemnly by the weapons rack with his arms as thick as tree trunks crossed to his chest. "Welcome to the semifinals..." Ignatius gave a tusky grin. "Shall I flip a coin to decide to goes first? Ladies first. Camille, call it? Heads (1) or tails (2)?"

Wolfykins
2017-05-15, 09:55 AM
"Oh, err... tails!" Camille replied.

EdgeGrinder
2017-05-15, 10:56 AM
The Sargent-at-Arms looked up and down each contestant after they geared up. "It has been an honor to referee you all this Festival. Whichever of you end up in the final tomorrow, please consider picking the Dueling Arena. Anyway, we will gather in the center of the arena, where I will announce you both. Then you will take your squares and have one round to prep. Keep it to yourselves. After that, let the battle begin. Any titles I should use? Also, pick a square." The Eldritch Knight explained as cheerfully as he could muster.

Andrew Markham
2017-05-15, 11:14 AM
"I will take the southern square, and I have no titles of preference. Use whichever of mine you prefer."

EdgeGrinder
2017-05-15, 12:23 PM
With the fighters by him in the arena, Ignatius cleared his throat. "Juvelnords! Visitors! This is the Festival of HEROES!!!" The referee paused for applause. "The Duelling Arena has hosted the sights of crashing blouders, negative blasts, balls of lightining, meteors, and rays. This semifinals bout comes down to Aurix Kornari, Erastil's Dragon, and Camille Clarke, Righteous Fist of the People! This is a knock out match. So no lethal hits. Three lethal strikes and you're outta here! Magic can be used freely without worry of injury, thanks to wardings by Court Mage, Hervir. No personal gear on the field or else you forfeit the match. I am watching! Only tournament provided gear is allowed, mismatched as it is. Fighters to your squares!"

As the fighters took their squares, Ignatius began to clear the arena. "In the North square is Camille! In the South square is Aurix! You get one prep round. Magic yourselves only! After that, BEGIN!"

Wolfykins
2017-05-15, 12:30 PM
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18485721_10209389337471693_1262774642785215230_n.j pg?oh=8ec3a5e8a34ca0486c7736bfbf1631e8&oe=59B6BC1C

Andrew Markham
2017-05-15, 12:40 PM
Aurix unfolds his wings. He casts a spell, and his four mithril daggers begin floating around him.

Quickened Wreath of Blades

Then he moves up enough where he is not touching the ground, and southwest to S10.

"So I've been told I'm supposed to be showing off a wide array of my skills? So I'm going to be trying a few new things this match. Hope that doesn't concern you at all."

Wolfykins
2017-05-15, 01:09 PM
Camille smiled and shrugged. "I look forward to seeing what you do, then!" she said. She fixed Aurix with a scrutinizing stare, taking in details others might overlook, and took on a defensive stance.
(Move action)Know Your Enemy. Knowledge (local) to ID humanoid: [roll0] vs DC 30 (10 + Aurix's HD).
Defensive stance: Armor Class and saving throws against the target’s attacks. At 6th level, the student is treated as having the Mobility feat when provoking attacks of opportunity from the studied foe. (+3)
Then Camille swiftly adjusted her tactics.
(Swift action)Crane Style, Crane Wing, Crane Riposte
Finally, Camille activated the fly spell on her cloak. (Standard action)

Camille swiftly adjusted her combat style. Then she ascended to match Aurix's altitude and moved southwest (i9) while drawing her short sword. The half-elf held her sword in front of her and took an even more defensive position than before (total defense).

Andrew Markham
2017-05-15, 01:27 PM
"Phew, I was worried you'd try to rush me there. That would have ruined my entire plan!" Aurix moves to N9 and inhales. His chest expands, glowing like a hearth, and steam rises out of his open mouth. Aurix belches fire in a cone, enveloping Camille!

[roll0] nonlethal fire damage, DC 28 Reflex save for half

Aurix says, "Now I must go!" and vanishes.

Quickened Dimension Door

Aurix reappears at I9, 305 feet up

Wolfykins
2017-05-15, 01:39 PM
Camille reflexively ducked under Aurix's flames, managing to avoid some of the damage.
Camille's head jerked up and she stared at Aurix above her with consternation. Unable to reach him, she decided it would be most prudent to not be directly underneath him. So she moved 30' south (O9) and resumed her posture of total defense, keeping a wary eye on him.

Andrew Markham
2017-05-15, 02:02 PM
First blood audience roll: [roll0]

Roll to hover: [roll1]

"I hope you don't find it disrespectful that I'm so far removed! But I thought I'd show the audience what a good mage I can be! You're a clever woman, I figured you'd be able to deal with it! If you wanna chase me up here, I give you my word I won't dispel your cloak!" Aurix shouts, making no attempt to hide his location since he's been spotted.

Aurix snaps his fingers, slowing his perception of time to a crawl.

Round 1: Moment of Prescience
Round 2: Greater False Life- [roll2] temp HP
Round 3: Delayed Blast Fireball at N9, elevation 5', set to blow at end of Time Stop
Round 4: Full-Round, Empowered Delayed Blast Fireball at N9, elevation 5', set to blow at end of Time Stop
Round 5: Delayed Blast Fireball at N9, elevation 5', set to blow at end of Time Stop
Round 6: True Strike

Three small glowing orbs appear north of Camille. They all explode simultaneously, battering Camille with intense flames!

[roll3] nonlethal fire damage, DC 27 Reflex save for half
[roll4] x1.5 nonlethal fire damage, DC 27 Reflex save for half
[roll5] nonlethal fire damage, DC 27 Reflex save for half

Swift Action: Audience approval for fire effects- [roll6]

Wolfykins
2017-05-15, 02:21 PM
Camille yelped as fire exploded all around her. She dodged around, avoiding a significant amount of it.
She frowned up at Aurix. "I'm not particularly concerned about you dispelling the cloak," she called, "but I have no skill in flying! It's not exactly something I do much! If you're going to keep lobbing powerful spells like that, you'll defeat me before I can reach you, at the speed I'd have to ascend!" she pointed out. With a sigh, she ascended 60' at a 45-degree angle while flying east 60' (double move, O15).

Andrew Markham
2017-05-15, 02:36 PM
Fly check to hover, DC 15: [roll0]

"I sympathize! If you'd like a more equal match in the practice ring later, I'd be glad to oblige you!"

Aurix snaps his fingers to cast a spell quickly, then begins crafting a larger spell. His hands crackle with dancing flames.

Quickened Embrace Destiny
[roll1]

Empowered Chains of Fire

Wolfykins
2017-05-15, 02:40 PM
Camille scowled slightly and grumbled under her breath as she ascended another 60' at a 45-degree angle, flying back west (double move, O9).

Andrew Markham
2017-05-15, 02:55 PM
The spell Aurix was molding is complete, and Aurix throws a handful of flame whips out of his hand! They lash through Camille, reaching for the ground!

[roll0] x1.5 nonlethal fire damage, DC 26 Reflex save for half

Swift Action, audience approval for using fire effects: [roll1]

Aurix begins crafting another spell, creating a simple ball of fire between his hands, but rolling it larger and larger.

Maximized Fireball

Wolfykins
2017-05-15, 03:14 PM
Camille hissed in pain as the fire lashed through her, even though she dodged the worst of it. She took a deep breath and let it out slowly and shook her head. Her clothes were steaming and she looked pretty singed and unhappy.
"I'm not even halfway to you, yet," she called out, "and definitely won't reach you at this rate. I'd rather not plummet, thanks... even if Sir Ignatius is ready for it." Camille flew 60' east, descending rapidly back to the low altitude she'd started from. Then she attempted to turn and fly south (fly check to turn: [roll0]) but couldn't manage the turn (O21).

Andrew Markham
2017-05-15, 03:37 PM
Aurix sighs and half-heartedly releases his Fireball in Camille's direction, then points. The Fireball swerves away from her and explodes just over the water pit, evaporating the water and creating a large head of steam.

Swift action, Audience approval for fire: [roll0]

"See, this is why I stood toe-to-toe in melee for my last two matches! It bothers me to see you unable to fight back like this! It's effective, sure, making you run after me, but it doesn't feel very honorable! This is the way I typically fight against enemies! Using on you just...kinda...makes me feel...bad." Aurix wipes his hands on his shirt. He sighs, then says, "I'm coming down!"

Aurix vanishes and appears hovering just over the pit of water at K11, elevation 5'. He soaks in the heat from the rising super-hot steam. Then he looks at Camille, still descending. "All right, fine, come at me. I deserve it. I wanted to give the audience something different, but I think it just ended up demeaning both of us. Take your time, I'm not moving from this spot. Come on." Aurix waves his hand in a "come at me" gesture. He holds up his quarterstaff in a martial stance.

Wolfykins
2017-05-15, 03:45 PM
Camille's mouth thinned as she watched Aurix. The emotions playing across her face seemed to war back and forth between wariness and anger. Without speaking, she moved 50' west, and then attempted to control her flight and turn north (fly check: [roll0]) and this time succeeded, and came to a stop with 5' between them (double move).

Andrew Markham
2017-05-15, 06:05 PM
Aurix feels like the moment calls for words, but he knows there aren't any that will make things better. Instead he says, "You're angry. Fine. This is the best way I know to make amends for it. Let me put on my melee suit."

Aurix casts two spells. His skin turns into metal, and the air warps around his skin.

Quickened Ablative Barrier- gives DR 5/- vs nonlethal damage

Iron Body

Wolfykins
2017-05-15, 07:56 PM
Camille's frown deepened, and she still made no comment. She took a brief moment to swiftly focus on her unarmed strike.
Nemesis (Su): At 9th level, a student of war can focus upon a held weapon as a swift action, rendering it anathema to her studied creature. The weapon gains the bane property against the creature for 1 minute, or until the student of war uses know your enemy against a different foe. Nemesis is usable once per day.
Also, she's still in Crane Style, so "You take only a –2 penalty on attack rolls for fighting defensively. While using this style and fighting defensively or using the total defense action, you gain an additional +1 dodge bonus to your Armor Class."

The half-elf took a 5' step forward and launched into a cautious, defensive flurry.
Attack 1: [roll0] <-Botch, Camille accidentally swung with her sword-hand, the weapon slipping from her grasp.
Damage: [roll1] plus an additional [roll2] (Ignores 8 points of any typed DR)

Attack 2: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4] plus an additional [roll5] (Ignores 8 points of any typed DR)

Attack 3: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7] plus an additional [roll8] (Ignores 8 points of any typed DR)

Attack 4: [roll9]
Damage: [roll10] plus an additional [roll11] (Ignores 8 points of any typed DR)

Attack 5: [roll12]
Damage: [roll13] plus an additional [roll14] (Ignores 8 points of any typed DR)

Attack 6: [roll15] <- Botch, Camille missed, her momentum sending her into an awkward spin in the air. She was so caught off-guard, she was nearly stunned, but shook her head and refocused on Aurix.
Damage: [roll16] plus an additional [roll17] (Ignores 8 points of any typed DR)

Andrew Markham
2017-05-15, 08:38 PM
Four of Camille's punches leave large dents in Aurix's shiny metal body. Aurix staggers slightly. "Welp, hope that made you feel better. I remember well that feeling of helplessness...and I can't help but think I'll feel it again someday. You do the right thing, by not succumbing to it." Aurix inhales again, massively expanding his chest until it looks about to burst. He breathes forth violent red flames that wash over Camille, then follows it up with a trio of scorching hot red rays.

[roll0] nonlethal fire damage, DC 28 Reflex save for half

Ray vs Touch AC
[roll1], [roll2] nonlethal fire damage, 47 to confirm, additional 19 fire damage
1d20+13, I roll a 14 = 27 to hit, [roll3] nonlethal fire damage
[roll4], [roll5] nonlethal fire damage

Camille takes [roll6] nonlethal damage at the beginning of her turn due to flying daggers.

Wolfykins
2017-05-15, 09:15 PM
"Don't assume you know my feelings," Camille said harshly. She anticipated Aurix's fire breath, so when she successfully dodged part of it, she immediately rolled away, to negate the rest of it.
The first ray struck hard, the second less so, and the third missed, and Camille was still standing, though breathing heavily and looking quite worse for the wear.
However, she couldn't withstand the floating daggers, and crumpled into the empty pool.

EdgeGrinder
2017-05-15, 10:04 PM
The cleric acolytes rushed into the arena and climb into the empty pool to get to Camille to revive her.

Ignatius came into the arena and walked toward the pool, waving over Aurix. Once Camille was recovered, Ignatius beckoned Camille to join them.

"And that was the semifinals! Lets hear it for combatants!" He said, rallying the crowd. "Take your bows." He whispered.

"Peoples of Juvalnord and all others, thank you for your support during this Festival of Heroes. As we head into the finals, remember the heroes that allow us all to come out here today. Not just the heroes who are guests of honor at this year's festival, but the heroes who fought for you throughout your life and history. Remember and honor all heroes." Ignatius paused for a moment to let his words set in. "Now lets hear it for your winner, Aurix!!!"

The half-orc looked to Aurix. "Some words?"

Andrew Markham
2017-05-15, 10:27 PM
Performance check for vanquishing: [roll0]

Aurix flies up into the air and looks at the audience. "To be a hero...is not to be unchallenged, but to have overcome challenges. When we are challenged most is often when we learn who we are. Heroes are those who have looked that moment in the eye and survived. You learn who you are when you face true challenges. That is one more reason we fight in this tournament! Only by being challenged can a hero continue to grow and learn more about themselves, and their weaknesses. The Festival of Heroes gives us that chance. I know that in this match, I was challenged...and I will think hard on what I learned about myself today. People of Juvelnord, recognize the challenges in your life, and know that how you meet them speaks to who you are! May the powers of good walk with you!"

Diplomacy: [roll1]
Perform (oratory) (Moment): [roll2]

EdgeGrinder
2017-05-16, 04:41 PM
Ignatius led Aurix and Camille off the field.

"Fighters, your fans await. Don't get caught up in the autograph signing too much. You still need to turn in your gear and collect your gear. It's been real, dudes. Late!" The half-orc rasped.

Aurix and Camille are leaving the dueling arena at 4:20 pm. They are free to spent the rest of the day as they will.

Wolfykins
2017-05-16, 07:04 PM
Camille greeted people for as long as she could tolerate, and then hurried back to the pit to return the tournament gear.

Andrew Markham
2017-05-16, 10:16 PM
Aurix stepped out of the pit to greet people. He smiles, waves, and even occasionally gives autographs, but he doesn't feel worthy of their praise at the moment. Aurix is deep in thought as to what this match has revealed about himself. After a time, he heads back in to turn in his tournament gear. He sees Camille and tenses. He takes a deep breath and lets it out, trying to lessen his anxiety. Then he chooses to say nothing and start taking off his equipment. He lingers though, allowing her plenty of opportunities to speak her mind, if she needs to.

Wolfykins
2017-05-17, 12:07 AM
The half-elf finished removing her gear, laying everything out neatly to make things easier for the aides. She pointedly ignored Aurix's presence. Then she turned and headed towards Warrick's training ground.

Andrew Markham
2017-05-17, 12:10 AM
Aurix purses his lips. "Well that went about as well as I expected it to. Yep, she's pissed." Aurix half-heartedly waves in the direction that she left. "Maybe we'll clear the air someday after a drink or two. For now...time to get out of here." Aurix leaves the underground and takes to the skies.

Andrew Markham
2017-05-25, 07:03 PM
Aurix meets Umbear outside the entrance to the underground. "I think we should go in together," he says, "And allow a coin toss to determine first pick of equipment. Agreed?"

Darius Vibrtrar
2017-05-25, 07:07 PM
Umbear smiles as Aurix comes up.

"I didnt expect youd give me the advantage that evergreen gave up. And you knew I wouldnt go in naked like I did for Ainsley. "

He grins.

"How about this. We start right in front of each other. I let you pick first... you let me swing first"

Andrew Markham
2017-05-25, 07:10 PM
Aurix scoffs, then says, "I'll only accept those terms if I get to pick 3 pieces of equipment in that first turn."

Darius Vibrtrar
2017-05-25, 07:11 PM
Umbear Rubbed his chin thinking.

"2, and I get one Veto. "

He seems to assume the posture from last night as they begin to bargain.

Andrew Markham
2017-05-25, 07:14 PM
Aurix looks incredulous. "Two and a veto is basically one! Screw your veto. I get two, and your 'first hit' is only a single swing, not a full set."

Darius Vibrtrar
2017-05-25, 07:21 PM
Umbear put his hands up in defense.

"Now now, If im only gonna get one swing, then I think you should hold your chin out for me. "

He lets out a exhale.

"I dont think well make it to the match by 2 if we hash it out like last night."

He holds up a finger.

"we Start in front of each other."

He holds up a second finger.

"lets go with your coin toss for items. "

He holds up a third finger.

"No hard feelings no matter what happens out there"

Andrew Markham
2017-05-25, 07:23 PM
"Agreed, as long as nobody breaks their word. No hard feelings. I respect you too much for that." Aurix sticks out his hand for Umbear to shake.

Darius Vibrtrar
2017-05-25, 07:28 PM
Umbear reaches out and shakes his friends hand pulling him into a half hug, carrying him into the dueling arena equipment selection area.

"FLIP THE COIN! I PICK TAILS!!!"

Wolfykins
2017-05-25, 07:29 PM
Warrick looked over at Ignatius and grinned, shaking his head. "You wanted to be in charge and me be the assistant this time, so it's on you, Ignatius!" he said jovially.

Andrew Markham
2017-05-25, 07:34 PM
Aurix flexes his muscles and extends his wings, freeing himself from the grips of Umbear's embrace. "Well, you have enthusiasm at least..."

EdgeGrinder
2017-05-25, 08:42 PM
Ignatius grinned at Warrick. "Aw Master. You going to make me misty eyed." The half-orc joked.

He turned to Umbear and Aurix. "Alright, dudes, coin flip."

The referee flipped the coin and snatched it out of the air. He opened his hand to see. "Heads." He called.

Darius Vibrtrar
2017-05-25, 09:52 PM
As umbear began going back and forth with Aurix. Every So Often he would put his hand to his mouth and Whisper into his hand, Out in the Stands would echo "Bar-on Um-bear, Bar-on Um-Bear, Bar-on Um-Bear", as if attempting to start a chant while waiting for the Heroes.

Finally before they are ready to go out. He puts a hand to his Mouth, Speaking to the Princesses Royal Box.
"Talk up your Champion Princess... Throw out some love, some chivalry, and some Damsel yea? I know thats not usually your part, But I think it will lend to the scene"

Wolfykins
2017-05-25, 10:20 PM
"Well," Warrick said, "you know the drill by now, but it's a little different for the championship. Ignatius and I will both be out there, on opposite sides of the ring. I'll be making the introductory speech, and Ignatius will make the closing speech and have the honor of presenting the champion to the crowd. If you're both ready, we'll go," he said, gesturing.

He let Ignatius take the lead, and then brought up the rear behind Umbear and Aurix.

"Ladies and gentleman! WELCOME TO THE HERO'S TOURNEY CHAMPIONSHIP!" Warrick thundered. The crowd went absolutely wild. The Master-at-Arms had to wait quite a bit for the roar to die down.
"Our two finalists need no introduction! You know them, you love them, I give you... UMBEAR! And! AURIX!" Warrick waited for the crowd to quiet back down after losing their minds yet again.
"You all know the rules by now: They have come to participate in a knockout bout. The match will continue for as long as both are still standing. When one falls unconscious, the match ends, the winner the one still standing. The combatants are required to make nonlethal attacks during this match. Blows that violate this rule will net the perpetrator a penalty point. Three penalty points and the match is forfeit. Magic can be used freely, as our own court mage, Hervir, has renewed the coliseum's wardings to ensure all magic does nonlethal damage, no matter its source. Magic that kills outright without otherwise inflicting damage is negated entirely. They are adorned only in tournament-issued gear."
"Today! We will crown the fiftieth champion of this tournament! Aurix goes to the north, Umbear to the south. I hope you're ready for this, folks! Let's hope our closer is every bit as intense and exciting as our opener was this year!" Perform oratory: [roll0]
Warrick flew up and took position at the southern end of the arena, allowing Ignatius to take the northern end.

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18622441_10209469058544670_4709722807516849851_n.j pg?oh=43207a47c30e49ef94a21d0f3493e10d&oe=599F9709

Andrew Markham
2017-05-25, 11:00 PM
Aurix casts a spell on himself. A purple shield appears floating around him.

Shield

Aurix strides towards Umbear (moving to G11) as he speaks loudly. "UMBEAR!!!I am called upon today to face you, as one hero to another, to uphold Juvelnord's glorious traditions! But you have besmirched the honor of this kingdom and its traditions by brazenly parading your theft in this ring! Most of all...you have attacked the honor of My Lady, the most beautiful and kind Princess Geiravor, by DARING to demand ransom for what is hers!"

Aurix takes off his gloves and chucks them south into the pool. "I demand satisfaction, sir! I challenge you to a TRUE duel, face to face, weapon to weapon! For I know your mettle, sir! You are a lily-livered wench!! You are an accursed knave!! You are a blackguard and an argr who has never had to look someone in the eyes when you drained the life from them. You will meet me in the center and face me! And when your collapsed body drops to the arena floor, you will restore to my Lady Geiravor what is hers!!"

Darius Vibrtrar
2017-05-26, 10:11 AM
Umbear laughed a haughty chuckle allowing his giant form to bounce with the laughter. He begins clapping, slowly, waiting for the crowds silence. His face turns into a snear.

"A very MOVING Speech, Dragon of whats her Name. Just like the Golden Skirt Tail of Aurora Demon Hunter, and the Silver Silk Shirt of Ainsley, The Golden Fleece of the Princess's Lambs shall soon decorate my Walls. do YOU Think you can stand against my might. THE PEOPLE have seen me toss away all who have opposed me. THE PEOPLE today, will see me put you down, like I will put down the Celestial Sheep, and See THE RISE OF A NEW BARON"

Umbear Roars as he surrounds himself with Ice Armor. (Gather Energy 2) (Armor +12) (Current Burn 5)

"You wear the mantle of others, because your strength is not your own. You claim to be a sorceror, but you borrow power and names of others. I will strip you of all your protections, rend you bare like the whelp you truely are, before your precsious princess so she can see what is truely in your heart, then I will eat my celestial mutton. with a smile. "

He holds a fist to the air as he mumbles on his breath. All around the Collusiem chants can be hear calling out.

"Bar-on Um-Bear" "Bar-on Um-Bear" "Bar-on Um-Bear"

Andrew Markham
2017-05-26, 10:55 AM
Aurix shakes his head and scoffs audibly. "To bear the titles of Erastil's Dragon and Princess Geiravor's Champion is an honor and a privilege! It means that they have put their trust in me, and I have earned that trust! When have you ever inspired anyone to be better than they are? You seek only to uplift yourself! You are no hero, and I shall vanquish you!"

Aurix exaggerates his gestures, shouting, "Si guyya wer vers di asildk sthyri!!"
I bear the power of ten men!!
Legendary Proportions

Aurix's body begins to grow. His height doubles to 12 feet tall! His muscles bulge with even greater strength, and his draconic scales seem to thicken and solidify! "You haven't seen my true strength yet! But I'll show you, and then I will vanquish you!" (Now in G10/H11)

Darius Vibrtrar
2017-05-26, 11:07 AM
Umbear laughes.

"FOOLISH! FOLLOWER OF WHAT THOSE ABOVE TELL YOU! SIMPLE MINDED ACOLYTE!"

He Lets his burn Consuming without Gathering Energy as He becomes Swifter. (Gain Celerity) +2 Burn, Burn Count: 7

He seems to move with a blur as he steps into the Pool in the Middle of the Ring and takes a squat, his neither regions producing bubbles in the water. the bubbles floating amongst the gloves thrown in.

"THIS IS WHAT I THINK OF YOUR BLIND ALLEGIENCE!!! THE MUTTON WILL BE SWEET! AS WILL MY VICTORY! YOU ARE TOO SLOW AND YOU BARELY MEASURE UP TO MY HEIGHTS!"

Andrew Markham
2017-05-26, 11:54 AM
Aurix deliberately bugs out his eyes. "YOU DARE FOUL MY HONOR WITH YOUR EXCREMENT?!? YOU SHAT UPON MY LADY?!? I WILL BEAT YOUR PASTY ARSE INTO THE GROUND!!"

Aurix activates his robe. A spectral form appears over his shoulder, linking arms with his.

Darius Vibrtrar
2017-05-26, 12:08 PM
Umbear moves east to L16, L17, M16, M17.

He puts his hands on his belt, activating it. (Activate Spell Groundswell)

The Ground beneath umbear rises 5 feet upward.

"I AM NOT DONE YET! I WILL BEFOUL YOUR PRINCESSES CHAMPION NEXT! COME! STAND AT THE BASE OF MY MOUNTAIN! WE SHALL SEE IF YOU CAN COME TO CLAIM IT!"

Andrew Markham
2017-05-26, 12:33 PM
Aurix looks over at Umbear's position. He does something unusual: he drops his quarterstaff to the ground. Aurix holds out his hands in front of him and begins chanting, "Si relgr ekess sia cha'sid wer vers di wer relgimi..."
"I call to my hand the power of the elements..."
The spell being cast is completely unknown.

A transparent cylindrical tube appears in Aurix hands, and continues to grow more bright as he chants. (Full Round Action, resolved next round)

Darius Vibrtrar
2017-05-26, 12:39 PM
Umbear laughes loudly.

"HAVE YOU NO MORE TO SAY!? NO MORE PRETTY WORDS TO DEFEND YOUR WOMAN?!"

HE Screams to the heavens as his fists begin to glint with speckles of different colors (gather Energy, Flex to gain Rare Metal)

He points toward Aurix.

"YOUR FANCY SPELLS WILL NOT SAVE YOU, I HAVE SLAIN DRAGON AND WIZARD ALIKE, YOU WILL BE NO DIFFERENT!"

Andrew Markham
2017-05-26, 01:01 PM
Aurix bellows. An orb of flames appears between his arms, growing larger and larger. Aurix shapes the flame until it is contained within the transparent cylinder. The flames consume the cylinder itself. Aurix is now holding a quarterstaff made of flames.

Elemental Weapon- +2 Merciful Bane (humanoid(ogre)) Flame Quarterstaff

Aurix's body shakes as he casts again. Lightning crackles along his arm and legs.
Quickened Haste

Aurix shouts, "I AM CALLED TO BATTLE! LET THE POWER OF MY BLOOD BURN!" Once again, Aurix's body begins to shift. His hide grows thicker, and his golden scales gain a tint of green. His muscles thicken and become bulky, straining the limits of his robe. Aurix's face grows brown blisters and green scales, yet they blend with the human and draconic features already there. Aurix holds his weapon with more confidence and training.
Transformation

Aurix moves quickly, first east then south until he stands near the base of Umbear's hill. (I16/J17) He looks Umbear dead in the eye and says, "I have no more need of words- I am a weapon. Defend yourself!"

Darius Vibrtrar
2017-05-26, 01:55 PM
Umbear looks down from his perch, Obvious contempt in his face. He whispers.

"Im loving this"

He activates his item of Energy Resistance, And inhales deeply.

"LET US END THIS NOW!"

[roll0]

Darius Vibrtrar
2017-05-26, 02:09 PM
Taking the initiative Umbear begins to swing his mighty fists.

[roll0]
Damage: Ignores Metal Based DR,
[roll1]
[roll2] + 50% (18 Total)

[roll3]
Damage: Ignores Metal Based DR
[roll4]
[roll5] + 50% (30 Total)

[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8] + 50% (36 Total)

[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11] + 50% (39 Total)

Andrew Markham
2017-05-26, 02:44 PM
Aurix shields his face with his left arm, assuming his thick hide will protect against the blow, but Umbear's first hit slams powerfully into that arm, crunching through the thick scales! Aurix's shock allows Umbear to land another metallic punch against his abdomen, breaking through his defenses! Aurix recenters himself and deflects the third and fourth attacks. The shattered scales fall to the ground, and Aurix's eyes glow with intensity. He nods in acknowledgement. "Back at you." Aurix swings his flaming quarterstaff rapidly at Umbear, looking for chinks in the ice armor. The spiritual talons guide Aurix's hand. To finish, Aurix's teeth transform into vicious fangs which attempt to sink into Umbear's flesh!

Full Attack v Umbear

[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2] nonlethal fire damage

[roll3]
[roll4] + [roll5] nonlethal fire damage

[roll6] --> 46 to confirm, extra 40 damage if crits --> Crit nullified
[roll7] + [roll8] nonlethal fire damage

[roll9]
[roll10] + [roll11] nonlethal fire damage

[roll12]
[roll13] + [roll14] nonlethal fire damage

+ Bite

[roll15]
[roll16] nonlethal physical + [roll17] nonlethal fire damage

For either flame damage or multiple hits: I use a victory point to auto-succeed.

Darius Vibrtrar
2017-05-26, 04:28 PM
Thrice the Quarterstaff Cracked umbear, to the Face. the Chest and Arm... And then out of No-where... a Bite to the Shoulder.

Umbear looked rocked. But he rolls his Neck. He whispers under his breath.

"I underestimated you... If this doesnt do it... you win... Ill admit that... but... If you let me win the tournament... In the end.... you will win what you want more than a championship... And I can get you that... if you do it that way... I say this... before I swing again... because... its honest... Not desperation."

He Puffs himself out.

"DO YOU THINK THAT WILL SCARE ME!? HA!"

umbear attempts to swing less with Power, but with more Accuracy. His fists shining with the color of Adamantine.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] +50% (37 Damage)

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5] +50% (40 Damage)

[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8] +50% (37 Damage)

[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11] +50% (30 Damage)

Andrew Markham
2017-05-26, 05:41 PM
Aurix blocks the first two blows, allowing his thickened skin and enhanced speed to deflect the blows. Aurix deflects and redirects the left fist he sees coming from Umbear, but is taken by surprise by the right fist that comes out of nowhere! Both fighters take a punch to the face from Umbear at the same time, and stumble back in unison. But Aurix is only moderately injured, wherein Umbear looks weak on his feet. Aurix leans in, staring Umbear down. Then, hoping his mouth is hard to see, he hisses, almost imperceptibly, answering Umbear:

"I don't need a title, Umbear. But I'm glad I have a friend who cares enough to get me one."

Then he raises his quarterstaff, floods it with magical energy, and cries, "For Juvelnord!!"

[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2] nonlethal fire damage

If he is still able to attack, he continues the full attack

[roll3]
[roll4] + [roll5] nonlethal fire damage

Darius Vibrtrar
2017-05-26, 05:44 PM
Umbear Stumbles from the hit and Shakes his head. He lift his fist to swing again. Rage in his face... when his eyes roll back into his head and he falls to the ground.

Wolfykins
2017-05-26, 06:01 PM
Warrick descended into the arena. "Good job," he murmured to Aurix. The half-elf casually hoisted the ogre up across his shoulders and carried him into the pit. "Let's get you boys healed up so you can come back out and listen to Ignatius blather, and then do your own blathering," he said with a wink.

In the pit, the acolytes descended on the pair of heroes with the usual aplomb, and peppered them with cure spells until they were both fully healed.

"Ignatius, you ready?" Warrick asked, ushering his assistant and the two heroes back out onto the field.

EdgeGrinder
2017-05-26, 07:48 PM
"After this, I ain't talking for a week" Ignatius grumbled as he walked into the field. Once he and the others were on position, he cleared his throat.

"People of Juvelnord and the rest of the world. A straightforward, hard hitting, and no nonsense battle of two heroic titans! This was the ultimate match of the fiftieth Hero's Tourney at the fiftieth Festival of Heroes! Lets give it up for our finalists, Aurix and Umbear!!!"

The crowd roared in celebration of the fighters.

"Let us not forget all the other matches and fighters that lead to this final. This tournament and festival are for all of them. These are the heroes that inspire us to be like them. They drive us to do better and face adversity head on. Lets hear it for the rest of the competitors!!!

The crowd applaued for the other participants.

"And now lets shower our champion with flowery speech. Aurix has proven to to be a powerful fighter and a fair warrior. We have seen a lot of strategy, magic, and skill out of him, but something tells me that we haven't seen all of his moves. Aurix Kornari, you are the fiftieth Hero's Champion!!!"

Ignatius could not hold his own excitement and cheer with the crowd.

Andrew Markham
2017-05-27, 02:21 PM
Aurix holds up his hands to acknowledge the crowd. Performance check to vanquish: [roll0]

Aurix moves to in front of Geiravor's booth and kneels. "My Lady, I have fought and won in your name, as your Champion. I ask that Umbear be forgiven his transgressions, so long as he returns what is yours. He fought bravely, My Lady, and deserves acknowledgement."

EdgeGrinder
2017-05-27, 02:57 PM
Geiravor stood up from her seat. "If you request it and Umbear seeks redemption, he will find it" The Princess announced to the whole arena.

Andrew Markham
2017-05-27, 03:45 PM
Aurix rises. "Thank you, My Lady. Your graciousness shows that you have beauty both inner and outer." Aurix casts a spell.

Moment of Prescience

Aurix flies into the air in the center of the the dueling arena. He pauses for a long moment, looking at the audience. Many thoughts spin through his mind. He is buffeted by the cheers of the audience and overwhelmed by the power and thrill of the moment. Success, finally! What would his past self think of him now? He remembers something said to him recently, and words said by Umbear, and he tries to reconcile his roiling thoughts into words worthy of this moment.

"What makes a hero?" Aurix pauses, almost hesitating.

"Is it strength? No, for the wise and clever can also be heroes. Is it the gods? No, for not every hero is made by their divine will. Is it lineage? No, for I am the son of simple folk who lived off the land and spurned the larger world. I chose differently for myself...and here I stand."

"I believe what brought me here was a choice. A choice...to say that my life could change the lives of others. At first, my greatest tools were words. I fought for peace between neighbors and settled disputes. Only later came the magic and the strength of arm. When I began, I was the equal of any one of you. It was not magic that transformed that young man into a champion. It was when I realized that I could affect the lives of others, and made a choice to use that power for the better."

"I could have stayed a farmer or a hunter...would I still have become a hero?" Aurix chuckles slightly. "Someone reminded me lately that farmers have the power of life. Their choice to feed others saves lives. Every person they touch lives another day. Every merchant has the power to improve the lives of their customers. Every child in the street has the power to make someone's heart lighter. Every person, from low to high, makes a choice- to use or not use their power over people's lives, and whether it is for better for worse. I think a hero chooses to make a difference, and for the better."

Aurix raises his voice: "On your darkest day, when you believe there is no hope and all is fruitless, I want you to remember my words: I believe ANYONE can be a hero!! Anyone can save a life! Anyone can battle strife! Anyone can raise their voice! You simply have to MAKE A CHOICE! Even if no one sings of you, even if you don't become a Champion, you will touch the lives of others...and you WILL be known."

"People of Juvelnord, I, Aurix Kornari, am the Hero's Champion- and you are a city of heroes!!"

Perform: Oratory- [roll0]
Diplomacy: [roll1]

EdgeGrinder
2017-05-27, 08:22 PM
Ignatius gave the crowd a few minutes before ushering Aurix and Umbear out to the pit.

"Good show, gentlemen. So now change out of the tourney gear and then say hello to your fans one more time. That's a wrap, dudes!" The half-orc said.

Andrew Markham
2017-05-27, 08:50 PM
Aurix starts taking off his tournament gear. "I'm sorry, Umbear. It was a terrific match. The first time I've gotten to try that combination of spells...I'm surprised at how powerful it turned out to be. Thanks for letting me stretch my muscles."

Darius Vibrtrar
2017-05-28, 07:51 PM
umbear chuckles.

"Its all good. You are far above what I expected... If I only cared about winning, I wouldnt have offered the restrictions. I thought I had the Advantage in that fight, but oh man... I was wrong... You won straight out. If I ha my tricks... maybe ... but that... oh man. "

He took off the gear as instructed.

"I need to go train for the tourney breakfast. Ill see you later."

EdgeGrinder
2020-09-15, 08:54 PM
After a period of inactivity, the Heroes needed a warm up. So Tasidar and Bramwell were decided to be team captains and picked their party. They picked an arena and the direct messenger of the Gods would throw monsters at them in an event outside of time.

Team Pirate found themselves surrounded by monsters in the Dueling Arena!

Red - 30x Abyssal Larva
Blue - 10x Skeletal Mages
Orange - 10x Crypt Things
Dark Blue - 5x Cursed Kings
Dark Green - 10x Strige Demons
Dark Purple - 10x Kalavakus
Dark Yellow - 10x Shrroths
Gray - 5x Lichs

Roll Init!

Wolfykins
2020-09-16, 08:54 PM
"Divine Wind protect us!" Aurora said firmly in Sylvan, lifting her arms. The centaur oracle cast communal protection from evil on everyone. (15 minute duration divided between 7 characters; 2 minutes, rounded down.)
"Princess, are we fighting from the ground or the air?" she asked, pawing the ground with a hoof, ready to call forth her wings and take to the air on command.
If Geiravor wants her to go up, Aurora will use a swift action to use Wings of Air and take off, flying 30' south and 30' up to gain some distance.

EdgeGrinder
2020-09-16, 10:14 PM
"Ground for now. We have too much on our plates otherwise."

Geiravor shifted into her spear dance stance (Swift Action). She held out her hand towards the disgusting larva. "HOLY SMITE!"

A blast of light exploded from intersection of x,y-8, 9. The light engulfed all in a 20 foot radius!

Caster check: [roll0]

Spell Dmg: [roll1] vs. Evil, Will Save DC [roll2]

Instantly, 10 Larva became ash and 5 Skeletal Mages collapsed into a pile of bones. The remaining creatures seemed blinded.

Jgraves
2020-09-19, 08:48 PM
Captain Bramwell looked up the scene and grimaced, "Well, they brought a lot of these baracles leeches didn't they?" he muses as her puffs on his pipe. patting the pommel of his blade he looks to the Cursed Kings, and unleashes a wave at the farthest one, with a twinkle in his eye and a tune in his ear as he sheathes the blade once more...

Captain Bramwell is in Mythril Current stance martial knowledge DC 23 to know what it does
Captain Bramwell uses Mithral Wave on Cursed King at X,6, sword is sheathed at the start, allowing it to strike at foes up to 75 feet away
[roll0] Mithral wave attack
[roll1] damage if the attack hits
after attack is done he sheathes the blade as a free action
cap then uses a grit to ready the maneuver once more
if Cursed king Dies Cap regains spent grit point

EdgeGrinder
2020-09-19, 09:28 PM
The good Captain Bramwell shattered the Cursed King!

Wolfykins
2020-09-19, 10:02 PM
Nameless lifted her clawed hand.
"Remove heat!" she said in draconic.
Cone of Cold
Heat was sapped within a 60' cone, inflicting [roll0] cold damage to all within the area (DC 33 reflex save for half).

EdgeGrinder
2020-09-20, 02:38 PM
Nameless' Cone of Cold froze and shattered 14 larva, 5 Crypt Things, and 5 Skeletal Mages but wounding the Strige demons and grazing the Shrroths.

paladin_artea
2020-09-20, 07:03 PM
"Starting this party with a bang huh," Markas said to his comrades, okay let's see how many I can take out then," he moved quickly north 20' then east 25' (stopping at 5,s). He was channeling his ki the entire time, gathering it in his hands and then released it in one large wave of pure energy!

"Ki Wave!"

Deals [roll0] damage to all enemies caught in this AOE (see Dischord chat)

REF save DC 26 for half damage.

EdgeGrinder
2020-09-21, 04:46 PM
Markus' blast exploded 5 Larva and damaged a Cursed King, five horned demons, and a Shrroth!

EdgeGrinder
2020-09-22, 06:45 PM
Alll of the Crypt Things rushed 30 feet west. Three were able to attack Geiravor and Aurora!

Claws vs. Geiravor
[roll0] Slashing DMG [roll1]
[roll2] Slashing DMG [roll3]

Claws vs. Aurora
[roll4] Slashing DMG [roll5]
[roll6] Slashing DMG [roll7]

Claws vs. Gieravor or Aurora [roll8]
[roll9] Slashing DMG [roll10]
[roll11] Slashing DMG [roll12]

All the Strige Demons flew in close to attack the party!

Claws vs. Nameless
[roll13] Slashing DMG [roll14]
[roll15] Slashing DMG [roll16]

Claws vs. Nameless
[roll17] Slashing DMG [roll18]
[roll19] Slashing DMG [roll20]

Claws vs. Aurora
[roll21] Slashing DMG [roll22]
[roll23] Slashing DMG [roll24]

Claws vs. Geiravor
[roll25] Slashing DMG [roll26]
[roll27] Slashing DMG [roll28]

Claws vs. Markus
[roll29] Slashing DMG [roll30]
[roll31] Slashing DMG [roll32]

Claws vs. Markus
[roll33] Slashing DMG [roll34]
[roll35] Slashing DMG [roll36]

Claws vs. Markus
[roll37] Slashing DMG [roll38]
[roll39] Slashing DMG [roll40]

Claws vs. Bramwell
[roll41] Slashing DMG [roll42]
[roll43] Slashing DMG [roll44]

Claws vs. Bramwell
[roll45] Slashing DMG [roll46]
[roll47] Slashing DMG [roll48]

The Lichs double moved.

Four Kalavakus moved in on Nameless, Aurora, and Geiravor to attack!

Bite vs. Nameless
[roll49] Piercing DMG [roll50]

Bite vs. Nameless
[roll51] Piercing DMG [roll52]

Bite vs. Aurora
[roll53] Piercing DMG [roll54]

Bite vs. Geiravor
[roll55] Piercing DMG [roll56]

One of the Cursed Kings moved in to attack Markus.

Bite vs. Markus
[roll57] Piercing DMG [roll58]

Another Cursed King, already near Markus, attacked.

Bite vs. Markus
[roll59] Piercing DMG [roll60]

Slam vs. Markus
[roll61] Blunt DMG [roll62]
[roll63] Blunt DMG [roll64]

Wolfykins
2020-09-25, 07:47 PM
Aurora looked disdainfully at the pitiful monsters and their weak attempts at getting through her armor.

Nameless flinched on instinct, but the attacks scrabbled uselessly against her new barding. Slowly, the young dragon straightened and looked more confident when the pain never came.
Aistriú looked around nervously. The tiny danthienne hurried over to Nameless and took shelter on her back. They looked at the strige demons and pursed their lips.
They began to sing, softly at first while they gathered their courage, growing steadily louder as they gained confidence in their voice. They stood on Nameless' head, bracketed by her horns as if they were stage lights highlighting their presence.
Naturalist (Ex): An archivist who has identified a creature with a Knowledge check appropriate to its type can use performance to share strategies for defeating it with allies in combat. The archivist and any allies within 30 feet gain a +1 insight bonus to AC and on attack rolls and saving throws against extraordinary, supernatural, and spell-like abilities used by creatures of that specific kind of monster (e.g., frost giants, not all giants or all humanoids). This bonus increases by +1 at 5th level and every six levels thereafter. This language-dependent ability requires visual and audible components.

Knowledge (planes): [roll0]
Aistriú sang about the stirge demons' immunity to electricity and poison, and its resistance to acid and cold. They sang of the demons' general resistance to magic as a whole.
(Allies within 30' of Aistriú who can see and hear them gain a +4 insight bonus to AC and on attack rolls and saving throws against extraordinary, supernatural, and spell-like abilities used by the stirge demons.)

EdgeGrinder
2020-09-25, 07:54 PM
Geiravor saw an attack of opportunity against a number of creatures!

Vs. Crypt Thing 1

Vs. Crypt Thing 2

Vs. Kalavakus 1
[roll4] Slashing DMG [roll5]

vs. Kalavakus 2

vs. Stirge 1
[roll8] Slashing DMG [roll9]

vs. Stirge 2
[roll10] Slashing DMG [roll11]

Geiravor downed two Crypt Things!

EdgeGrinder
2020-09-28, 02:23 PM
The Shrroths moved in on the crowd but only a few could attack.

Trident vs. Nameless
[roll0] Piercing DMG [roll1]

Trident vs. Geirvor
[roll2] Piercing DMG [roll3]

The last Larva attempted Maggot Spray against Bramwell!

Maggot Spray vs. Bramwell
[roll4] If hit, sickened for [roll5] rounds, Reflex Save DC10 to reduce duration by 1.

Wolfykins
2020-09-30, 01:34 PM
"Foolish fiends," Aurora muttered, feeling her horseshoes stirring.
Aurora's eyes flashed an unearthly blue and her voice seemed to have a dual quality briefly, as Iblisavcisi used her voice.
"Rüzgar," she said, Iblisavcisi echoing the word telepathically.
A ripple of power spread out from the horseshoes on Aurora's feet as they activated their dedicated power. (Check to overcome SR if applicable: [roll0])
Holy WordDC 22 will save
15 HD or less: Deafened for [roll1] rounds (Save negates)
14 HD or less: Blinded for [roll2] rounds (Save reduces to [roll3] rounds)
10 HD or less: Paralyzed and helpless for [roll4] minutes (Save reduces the paralyzed effect to 1 round)
5 HD or less: Living creatures die. Undead creatures are destroyed. (Save negates; if the save is successful, the creature instead takes [roll5] damage)
Furthermore, if you are on your home plane when you cast this spell, non-good extraplanar creatures within the area are instantly banished back to their home planes. Creatures so banished cannot return for at least 24 hours. This effect takes place regardless of whether or not the creatures hear the holy word. The banishment effect allows a Will save (at a -4 penalty) to negate.
Aurora looked around at what was left, and aimed her bow at the nearest surviving evil outsider within 110', shifting to the next available target if she killed anything.

Attack 1: [roll6] (+1 if within 30')
Damage (magic, good, adamantine): [roll7] +[roll8] vs evil +[roll9] vs evil outsiders (+1 if within 30')

Attack 2: [roll10] (+1 if within 30')
Damage (magic, good, adamantine): [roll11] +[roll12] vs evil +[roll13] vs evil outsiders (+1 if within 30')

Attack 1: [roll14] (+1 if within 30')
Damage (magic, good, adamantine): [roll15] +[roll16] vs evil +[roll17] vs evil outsiders (+1 if within 30')

Attack 1: [roll18] (+1 if within 30')
Damage (magic, good, adamantine): [roll19] +[roll20] vs evil +[roll21] vs evil outsiders (+1 if within 30')

Then, Aurora moved to put Geiravor 10' from the nearest remaining enemy.

Nameless and Aistriú winced a bit, but were too strong to be affected by the horseshoes, though the pair could still feel the power emanating from them.

EdgeGrinder
2020-09-30, 03:59 PM
Suddenly, the field was full of ash and make demons were banished at once! All of the Crypt Things were broken too. Anything left that was caught in the spell were affected in some way.

Aurora took down an injured Kalavaus with two shots, then finished the last Stirge demon, and softened up a blinded Shrroth for Geiravor! She rode up to it so the Princess could attack.

Geiravor cast Divine Power on herself using Fervor and twirled her fauchard around unleashing a slashing and pummeling flurry of blows!

Attack 1 vs. Shrroth (Good, Pentrating Strike) Crit on 58

Extra Attack vs. Shrroth (Good, Pentrating Strike) Crit on 58

Offhand Attack 1 vs. Shrroth (Good, Pentrating Strike) Crit on 50
[roll4] Blunt DMG [roll5]

Geiravor fumbled and hit herself!

Attack 2 vs. Shrroth (Good, Pentrating Strike) Crit on 53

Offhand Attack 2 vs. Shrroth (Good, Pentrating Strike) Crit on 45
[roll8] Blunt DMG [roll9]

Killed the Shrroth and moved onto the Cursed Kings.

Attack 3 (Good, Pentrating Strike) Crit on 48
[roll10] Slashing DMG [roll11] + 45 extra DMG

Offhand Attack 3(Good, Pentrating Strike) Crit on 40
[roll12] Blunt DMG [roll13]

Attack 4 (Good, Pentrating Strike) Crit on 43
[roll14] Slashing DMG [roll15]

Offhand Attack 4 (Good, Pentrating Strike) Crit on 35
[roll16] Blunt DMG [roll17]

Geiravor destroyed the two Cursed Kings!

Jgraves
2020-09-30, 06:42 PM
The Captain looks around at the dozens of dead and decaying bodies with a gruff huff, "Hardly seems the effort eh Brân?" he said to his companion then looked at one of the remaining Liches with his one eye and pulls his blade, sending a wave towards the undead foe and starts tapping his foot. "Well sir, we came with some very powerful allies, but yes, these beings we face do seem to die quite handily" the corvid says in a prim voice. As the raven stopped the soft -tink- of the captains blade could be heard as it was calmly replaced in its sheath.

Bramwell uses Mithral wave, his sword begins the round sheathed, on the lich at 9,F and then he sheathes his rapier

attack, crits 14-20, cap auto confirms all crits [roll0]
base attack damage [roll1]
Mithral Wave damage [roll2]
bonus damage if critical [roll3]

current stance is Mithral Current, draw and sheathing weapon is free act, threaten ALL adjacent squares

Wolfykins
2020-10-01, 04:40 PM
Nameless moved 25' south and reached out for the shrroth, eyes flashing as she hexed the demon!
String erupted from beneath the fiend and began wrapping around it!
Silkstring Snare (Su): The shaman causes ribbons of spider silk to erupt from the ground beneath a single creature. The target must succeed at a Reflex save or be entangled and anchored in place. The foe can escape the silk as a standard action with a successful Escape Artist or Strength check at the same DC, or by dealing an amount of damage to the silk equal to double the shaman’s class level (the silk has hardness 0). This hex lasts a number of rounds equal to 3 + the shaman’s Wisdom modifier. A creature affected by this hex cannot be affected by it again for 24 hours.

DC 28, 13 rounds

EdgeGrinder
2020-10-06, 07:36 PM
Nameless captured the deep one in the strong silk!

paladin_artea
2020-10-06, 08:21 PM
Seeing most of the battlefield cleared of enemies, Markas looked out for any stronger stragglers. Focusing on the gigantic monster (7/8/9, B/C/D) he prepared to unleash his fury!

Style Strike: Flying kick! Flies to (7, A), but does trigger AoO from the enemies at (6,V) and (6,W) AC is 70 vs them due to Mobility. Then the kick starts his flurry

All damage is Magic, Cold Iron, Silver, Lawful, Adamantine. +1 to hit/damage with the first four attacks

[roll0] Damage if hits: [roll1] + [roll2] Bleed (If Applicable)

Style Strike: Shattering Punch! [roll3] Damage if hits: [roll4] + [roll5] Bleed (If Applicable) and bypasses all DR

Paralyzing Fist [roll6] Damage if hits: [roll7] + [roll8] Bleed (If Applicable) and DC 28 FORT save or be paralyzed for [roll9] rounds

[roll10] Damage if hits: [roll11] + [roll12] Bleed (If Applicable)

spending 1 ki for an extra attack at highest bab: [roll13] Damage if hits: [roll14] + [roll15] Bleed (If Applicable)

[roll16] Damage if hits: [roll17] + [roll18] Bleed (If Applicable)

[roll19] Damage if hits: [roll20] + [roll21] Bleed (If Applicable)

[roll22] Damage if hits: [roll23] + [roll24] Bleed (If Applicable)

EdgeGrinder
2020-10-07, 02:05 PM
Markas successfully punched and kicked the Shrroth back to hell!

A Lich moved for Aurora and attempted a Paralyzing Touch!

Melee Touch Attack
[roll0] Blunt DMG [roll1]

Paralyzing Touch (Su)
Any living creature a lich hits with its touch attack must succeed on a Fortitude save DC18 or be permanently paralyzed. Remove paralysis or any spell that can remove a curse can free the victim (with a DC equal to the lich’s save DC). The effect cannot be dispelled. Anyone paralyzed by a lich seems dead, though a DC 20 Perception check or a DC 15 Heal check reveals that the victim is still alive.

The remaining eastern Lich tossed a Maximized Fireball at Aurora and Geiravor.

SR [roll2]
Fire DMG 60, Reflex save DC19 for half damage

The most southwest Lich went for Nameless and tried a Paralyzing Touch!

Melee Touch Attack
[roll3] Blunt DMG [roll4]

Paralyzing Touch (Su)
Any living creature a lich hits with its touch attack must succeed on a Fortitude save DC18 or be permanently paralyzed. Remove paralysis or any spell that can remove a curse can free the victim (with a DC equal to the lich’s save DC). The effect cannot be dispelled. Anyone paralyzed by a lich seems dead, though a DC 20 Perception check or a DC 15 Heal check reveals that the victim is still alive.

The remaining two Liches moved 30 feet toward Bramwell. One tried a Cone of Cold against Bramwell!

SR [roll5]
Cold DMG [roll6], Reflex Save DC21 for half damage

The other cast Waves of Fatigue at Bramwell!

SR [roll7]

No saving throw, only SR.

Only one horned demon was not paralyzed and moved 5 feet east to attack Nameless!

Bite vs. Nameless
[roll8] Piercing DMG [roll9]

Claws vs. Nameless
[roll10] Slashing DMG [roll11]
[roll12] Slashing DMG [roll13]

Gore vs. Nameless
[roll14] Piercing DMG [roll15]

Both Cursed Kings went after Markas!

Bite vs. Markas
[roll16] Piercing DMG [roll17]

Bite vs. Markas
[roll18] Piercing DMG [roll19]

EdgeGrinder
2020-10-16, 02:33 PM
Ais continued their performance.

The blinded Shrroth lumbered 15 feet north and blindly lashed out at Aurora with its trident!

Trident vs. Aurora
Miss chance: [roll0] miss on 1
[roll1] Piercing DMG [roll2]

The snared Shrroth attempted to break free!

STR check: [roll3] DC28

It broke free, but stayed where it was.