PDA

View Full Version : Ways to make stuff stay dead (also some poison-related stuff)

ATHATH
2017-03-25, 08:51 PM
Is there a list of ways to make something unresurrectable (or at least close to it)?

I want to create the Deadliest Potion Known to Man (TM), which is ludicrously expensive and consists of some Godsblood improved by all of the poison templates (from Dragon Magazine #322) except for the Contagious template. Yes, this conflicts with the fluff of epic poisons and the fluff of the templates, but I don't really care. I figured that I shouldn't let all of that effort and money go to waste if its effects can be reversed by a simple Resurrection spell (most anti-poison spells are already covered by the Spell Resistant template). Note that since I have the Repeating and Destructive templates on there, this poison might take a few days to kill its target, and I'd like to have my "unresurrection" method have the ability to affect my target without me even being there when the target dies.

I suppose that I could feign my alignment and rez the victim on my own turf, but I'd still have the problem of re-killing him.

flappeercraft
2017-03-25, 09:35 PM
This (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?419197) may be of use

Venger
2017-03-25, 10:43 PM
Is there a list of ways to make something unresurrectable (or at least close to it)?

I want to create the Deadliest Potion Known to Man (TM), which is ludicrously expensive and consists of some Godsblood improved by all of the poison templates (from Dragon Magazine #322) except for the Contagious template. Yes, this conflicts with the fluff of epic poisons and the fluff of the templates, but I don't really care. I figured that I shouldn't let all of that effort and money go to waste if its effects can be reversed by a simple Resurrection spell (most anti-poison spells are already covered by the Spell Resistant template). Note that since I have the Repeating and Destructive templates on there, this poison might take a few days to kill its target, and I'd like to have my "unresurrection" method have the ability to affect my target without me even being there when the target dies.

I suppose that I could feign my alignment and rez the victim on my own turf, but I'd still have the problem of re-killing him.

the purify water trick, repeated raise dead, thinaun, barghest's feast, or being consumed by a barghest all work fine.