PDA

View Full Version : Rules for stacking Strenth damage with four limbs.

Epic Legand
2017-03-25, 09:40 PM
One hand equals 1X base strength damage, two hands equals 1.5X strength damage. I seam to remember a rules that says you add .5 damage per extra limb, but I cannot find it. Does anyone have a source ? We will be using PF, but some 3.5 is available.

flappeercraft
2017-03-25, 09:48 PM
Savage Species although I do not remember the page. IIRC its a 3.0 book

Necroticplague
2017-03-25, 10:18 PM
One hand equals 1X base strength damage, two hands equals 1.5X strength damage. I seam to remember a rules that says you add .5 damage per extra limb, but I cannot find it. Does anyone have a source ? We will be using PF, but some 3.5 is available.

Savage Species although I do not remember the page. IIRC its a 3.0 book

Page 42 "Three or more hands", under Equipment. Weapons that are normally two handed go up to 8-handed, normally one-handed can be up to 4-handed, light weapons can't be modded this way, and it's free with Masterwork (has cost of Masterwork to mod a weapon like this, and includes Masterwork's benefits).

PrismCat21
2017-03-26, 09:43 AM
The weapon must be made specifically to be wielded with the additional number of hands in order to gain the benefit of more than two hands.
I forget if it adds to the cost other than masterwork, but I don't think so.

nyjastul69
2017-03-26, 10:37 AM
The weapon must be made specifically to be wielded with the additional number of hands in order to gain the benefit of more than two hands.
I forget if it adds to the cost other than masterwork, but I don't think so.

You are correct, weapons need to be specifically built for use with more than two hands. The cost is as per a MW weapon and the normal MW benefits are included (SS pg 42).