PDA

View Full Version : Ranger lvl 4 Vampire Spawm lvl 8 multiclassing, what to do next? 3.5

RangerRegis
2017-03-26, 12:04 AM
I was looking through Libris Mortis and I am not sure what to do with my character after I finish leveling with my Vampire Spawn levels, I wish to continue my vampire build, but I do not know which class to take Lurking Terror or Master Vampire or maybe something else?

Do you know any other books where I could read up more on Undead/Vampire or any other useful prestige classes? Even some homebrew stuff is welcomed if you have suggestions as long as its not insanely strong.

Thank you very much in advance. :)

RangerRegis
2017-03-26, 06:20 PM
bump, still need help

Malroth
2017-03-27, 01:49 AM
Please post your build there's a lot of difference between a completely unoptimized ranger and a high optimization one and we need to know what you want to be good at.

Edit:
How I'd do a vampire ranger

WildShape variant Ranger 5 / Vampire Savage species template 8 / Whirling frenzy variant Lion spirit totem Barbarian 1/ Master of many Forms 3 / Warshaper 3/

RangerRegis
2017-03-27, 08:35 AM
We are using players Handbook 1 and 2, Mortis Libris and Complete Arcana

I am running a dual wield ranger build, I got a displacer beast as an animal companion ( I became a vampire at lvl 3) also I got it when it was a cub (small size) on my lvl 4. From there on I took Vampire Spawn class. And now Im lost and I dont know what to do.

ATHATH
2017-03-27, 08:49 AM
What feats do you have? What ACFs do you have? What spells do you typically prepare? What equipment do you have? What does the rest of the party look like (class+role please; saying "Wizard" is not going to help)? Will your DM let you use stuff from other books/Dragon Magazine on a case-by-case basis? What sorts of enemies are you facing?

ATHATH
2017-03-27, 08:58 AM
You could dip into Scout, take the Swift Hunter feat, and continue progressing Ranger, I suppose.

RangerRegis
2017-03-27, 01:51 PM
I have your typical feats toward 2 weapon fighting feats, dodge, mobility, spring attack, alertness, lightning reflexes, improved initiative, point blank shot, precise shot, endurance and all others gained by vampire spawn class

jdizzlean
2017-03-27, 09:13 PM
build a sheet on mythweavers and link it here, so we can see what we're dealing w/

RangerRegis
2017-03-28, 10:40 AM
Unfortunately it doesnt matter anymore :( My char lost himself last session and became a full monster, so I need to roll a new character :( Still thanks for you wanting to help guys I appreciate that

ATHATH
2017-03-28, 08:20 PM
How long had your character been a vampire spawn? Your party might be able to track you down, kill you, then resurrect you as a living, non-vampire spawn creature.

RangerRegis
2017-03-29, 02:40 AM
How long had your character been a vampire spawn? Your party might be able to track you down, kill you, then resurrect you as a living, non-vampire spawn creature.

What happened is I attacked one of the party members (long explanation below if you are interested in reading).

We were in a Mexican standoff between an aasimar paladin and her group, a group or rabid vampires and a group of vampires from my lair ( so they were helpful) and our party of course, naturally we dealt with the rabid ones first ( one escaped ), then as aasimars team got destroyed she managed to get a hold of one of our PC, namely our barbarian who was at 0 HP, and put a sword to his throat, all of my friends were melee, but I had my longbow out, because the aasimar was using a daylight spell so I couldnt come closer to her than 30 ft. The party told me to shoot because we had a scroll of resurrection so I did. I damaged her, but she killed the barbarian. Then fighting continues, and our half-orc who was at 1 HP, started running off and he started running in the direction of the rabid vampire. If he got there he would die and be carried away knowing our DM ( he is quite ruthless) so I pegged an arrow and shot him with 1 dmg to bring him to 0 HP, so he cant move. Later a similar situation with the aasimar happened, but this time it was our ranger. Again I was told to shoot so I did. And I killed the aasimar, but she killed the ranger as she was falling.

After that I gave the party the res scroll, I also left them with some equipment from the fallen foes which was much better, I helped them get back on their feet.... And we finished the game there for the night. Just as we finished the DM asked me to give my char sheet to him, because my character is now a Monster NPC, who is never welcomed in the party again, and that was in, no diplomacy, no bluff, not even a line of dialogue to debate that. Poof my character was gone -.-

I dont need to say how pissed off I was so that lead me now to this thread and if you wanna help me out, that would be great http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?519698-Ideas-for-a-new-character-3-5-editions&p=21858318#post21858318