PDA

View Full Version : Resilience (Intelligence) and other choices that seem better now

Beechgnome
2017-03-26, 10:07 AM
I can't imagine anyone would have considered using a feat on Resilience (Intelligence) before, but seeing the Mystic and all of the intelligence saves, I think I'd at least consider it now.

It got me thinking: what other previously neglected feats or character choices now look a lot better as more UA material or books have come out.

The other one that comes to mind is the Dungeon Delver, but only if I was creating a one-shot character for Tomb of Horrors in the Yawning Portal adventures.

Any other previously neglected character choices worth a second look?

Ferrin33
2017-03-26, 10:39 AM
I can't imagine anyone would have considered using a feat on Resilience (Intelligence) before, but seeing the Mystic and all of the intelligence saves, I think I'd at least consider it now.

It got me thinking: what other previously neglected feats or character choices now look a lot better as more UA material or books have come out.

The other one that comes to mind is the Dungeon Delver, but only if I was creating a one-shot character for Tomb of Horrors in the Yawning Portal adventures.

Any other previously neglected character choices worth a second look?

No new monsters that use Int saves, and Mystics are described as extremely rare. So I don't think so.

TrinculoLives
2017-03-26, 11:34 AM
I agree about Dungeon Delver. I almost want to warn my players that I'm going to be using some Complex Traps in the future, and that the feat is going to get some mileage.