PDA

View Full Version : Should druid gain XP for his companion's achivements

ayvango
2017-03-26, 10:59 AM
My companion win the fight single-handedly, I just stand still and watched on it. Should I gain any XP for that?

eggynack
2017-03-26, 11:00 AM
Sure. It's your class feature.

Malimar
2017-03-26, 11:08 AM
Should a wizard gain XP for winning a fight with fireball? Should a fighter gain XP for winning a fight with Power Attack? Should a rogue gain XP for winning a fight with sneak attack?

Of course you get XP for winning a fight using your class features.

nyjastul69
2017-03-26, 11:10 AM
Should you gain xp if you sit idly by while the fighter in your party kills the beastie?

ETA: Heh, I forgot to answer the question. Yes.

WarKitty
2017-03-26, 11:13 AM
And this is why I don't give out separate XP. The party kills something, the party gets a set amount of XP per person, no matter who contributed what to the fight.

Venger
2017-03-26, 11:30 AM
And this is why I don't give out separate XP. The party kills something, the party gets a set amount of XP per person, no matter who contributed what to the fight.

yep, that's how the rules work.

you gain xp even if your summons/animal companion/charmed slaves/etc did the fighting.

Inevitability
2017-03-26, 11:32 AM
Obviously you don't. How dare you conserve wild shape uses and spell slots in a scenario where the expenditure of neither was necessary?

nyjastul69
2017-03-26, 12:29 PM
yep, that's how the rules work.

you gain xp even if your summons/animal companion/charmed slaves/etc did the fighting.

As an addendum to to this, any creature that an opponent has as a summons, AC, charmed, etc., that you defeat, are not counted separately for xp purposes. They are assumed as part the miniomancer's xp.