PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other [Brainstorming] Fluff for five homebrew races

Eerie
2017-03-26, 04:00 PM
Hi there, long time no post.

I'm inventing some new races for a E6 campaign I'm thinking of running. It's going to be a world with no standard DnD races at all. I have five races very roughly outlined, and I'd like them to be balanced with pros/cons and equally interested. So, I'd just like some ideas. Basically, any advice and/or cool stuff will be appreciated. Here they are:

Ashinee
Porcupine-like humanoids. They look almost like humans, but instead of hair their heads and shoulders are covered with quills, which they are able to shoot at their enemies.

Abilities:
Quill-shooting
Damage when someone tries to strike their heads unarmed
Warlike

Cons:
- Cha, because other races dislike quills?

Nothaia
Squid-like humanoids. Their arms are tentacles with suckers, with five finger-tentacles. The have thinner tentacles instead of hair

Abilities:
Bonus to grapple
Bonus to climbing
Can hang on the ceiling
Bonus to agility - no bones.

Cons:
Hit to strength - no bones

Engormins
Tree-like humanoids. Small ents, basically. Have leaves instead of hair, soft bark instead of skin.

Abilities:
Stealth in forest.
Strong
Tough

Cons:
Slow

Ka'andy (Quicksilvers)
A humanoid race of living minerals. Have bones of blue crystals, flesh is silver liquid metal.
Shapeshifter. Can shape and change color of the liquid metal.
You can actually push a hand through their viscous liquid flesh and touch their bones, they are not harmed by it (but will be creeped out)
Bad reputation due to shapeshifting

Abilities:
Shapeshifting
Resistance to crits because most of the body is liquid metal?

Cons:

Yedanq
Non-humanoid race of sentient goats. Have a large, expansionist, developed empire.
Very good at climbing. Have a short-range telekinetic ability that functions as an invisible hand.
They are born black, but each gets a different fur color as they mature.

Abilities:
Climbing skills
Telekinetic hand

Cons:
Only one hand - Can only wield one weapon
Only one hand - Hits to crafting and stuff