PDA

View Full Version : The very last panel

Hiest, monkey
2007-07-27, 09:46 AM
Since the Giant already knows his last panel I didn't spoiler tag this.

I am aware that there is already a thread on this topic, but to bring it back would require the ancient secret of animate thread, only known by the mods. So don't b*tch at me. You now who you are

Now back on topic I believe that the last panel will have some kind of moving scene or happy moment, or just a group pose.

Some other people think it will reveal the gender of V etc.

Go on state your prediction.

I will post on this whenever it makes it to the second page until it gets stickied. Technically not against the rules

I meant this thread more as a collection rather than a debate.

Gleanerizer
2007-07-27, 09:54 AM
I was under the impression that the Giant knows the very last panel of the very last strip (http://www.giantitp.com/FAQ.html#faq27), not the last strip in its entirety. Other than that, I am confident that I will live long enough to see it, and I'm not much for speculation, so I'll just keep reading until then.

Hiest, monkey
2007-07-27, 10:01 AM
Ooh sorry, my mistake, hang on I'll edit that

Green Bean
2007-07-27, 10:03 AM
A sudden gust of wind will cause the MitD's umbrella to blow away, exposing him to the world. Then, the selfsame wind will cause V's robes to flip up, revealing hir gender once and for all. Then, the gust will knock a silver fork off a table, landing on Sabine. It will either stick in or bounce off. As well, Miko will become a Blackguard. No, there won't be a reason. It will just happen. :smallbiggrin:

Alysar
2007-07-27, 10:05 AM
A sudden gust of wind will cause the MitD's umbrella to blow away, exposing him to the world. Then, the selfsame wind will cause V's robes to flip up, revealing hir gender once and for all. Then, the gust will knock a silver fork off a table, landing on Sabine. It will either stick in or bounce off. As well, Miko will become a Blackguard. No, there won't be a reason. It will just happen. :smallbiggrin:

What about Haley/Elan?

Bozidar
2007-07-27, 10:08 AM
I predict that it will be the end of me reading web comics..

Halfpunch
2007-07-27, 10:09 AM
Since the Giant already knows his last panel I didn't spoiler tag this.

Just because the Giant knows what he wants it to be doesn't mean he won't change it if we guess it. He knows what he wants the next set of strips to be, but will go to great lengths to change it should we guess it :smalltongue:

ChopSticks28
2007-07-27, 10:43 AM
"Animate thread!" Haha!

I think we'll see Redcloak standing over Xykon's bones, laughing and laughing.

Yeril
2007-07-27, 10:54 AM
I get the idea it will end up like Order of the rifts, put in a book and a new villan/adventurers reading it.

So the last pannel is them closing the book and showing the cover of

"The Adventures of the Order of the stick."
By R. Greenhilt.

TheMysteriousX
2007-07-27, 01:57 PM
"Rocks fall, everyone dies."

the mysterian
2007-07-27, 02:03 PM
"the end" black background white letters

Hackman
2007-07-27, 02:04 PM
I suspect there will be another victory pose by OotS

Sigbru
2007-07-27, 02:18 PM
The Snarl having a tea party with Thog and MitD

Accountant
2007-07-27, 03:24 PM
Roy stands over the crumpled remains of Xykon's bones, and then dies of natural causes.

Darkhands
2007-07-27, 04:41 PM
I'm turning into a broken record with my constantly re-quoting myself, but I'll do it one more time because it adds to my new, relevant post. :)

My old prediction of what the MitD is, that turned into a prediction of the overall storyline ending:

Posted 11-07-06:

I believe the MitD to be none other than the snarl! A weakened or incomplete form of the snarl, but the snarl none the less. I believe Xykon was able to extract a part of the snarl when Redcloak burned down Lirian's gate in the forest. Xykon is trying to unseal the other gates so as to bring him to full power.

It's all slickly hinted at in the 'crayon recollection' of comics 273-277.

For one, in Comic 23 the first showing of the MitD's eyes match the snarl's eyes in Comic 273.
We all love the running joke about how the MitD never sees the gates 'Gate? What gate?'. I believe it's more than just a gag... The gates are meant to keep the snarl imprisoned, to hide the rifts from the snarl that it might free itself through. That's why he can't see the gates. It was stated that the snarl can't perceive its own prison!

In fact, I believe that the entire ending of the comic is secretly revealed in the crayon segment.

Look at comic 276. Note the 6 original adventurers that created the gates. Does the party look familiar? It matches the OOTS! It seems as though the Order of the Stick is following the same path that the original adventurers took. They will ultimately repeat the fates of the old party in order to save the universe.

In 276, Kraagor is killed while sealing one of the rifts. Kraagor is the dwarf of the party, the counterpart to Durkon. Durkon will die heroically while sealing a rift just as his counterpart did in the past, bringing the Oracles prediction of him returning to his homeland posthumously to fruition.

In 277, Dorukan creates his gate using powerful magic. Dorukan is Vaarsuvius' counterpart, Vaarsuvius will do the same.

Girard Draketooth creates his gate using powerful illusions. Girard is Elan's counterpart, and Elan is a master of illusions.

Serini, the halfling of the original party, creates a giant castle filled to the brim with terrible monsters to guard her gate. Exactly something Belkar would do.

Roy/Soon Kim, and Haley/Lirian are a little harder to figure out...

Soon Kim created the Sapphire Guard to protect his gate, a group of Paladins dedicated to its protection. Perhaps Roy will create a group of warriors to do the same? Perhaps he will blend in his family's magic to do so, acquiring paladin-like traits, to make up for, storyline-wise, for the upcoming fall/death of Miko (we all know it's coming)? <-- EDIT: I called it way back then!

Lirian creates her gate using the trees and the forest to protect it. While not exactly matching with Haley's personality, I believe the unrevealed storyline regarding her imprisoned father will make the tie-in for a forest gate make sense for Haley.

So there you have it. The OotS follows the path of the original party and saves the universe. Only I think they won't collapse and break apart in hatred like the old party did. Durkon's death will weigh heavily on everyone, bringing the party to the brink. But instead of collapsing as the old party did, Elan will be able to save the day, and bring about his 'Happy ending' that the oracle predicted for him.

Ok, so a simple question of 'What do you think the MitD is?' became 'My prediction of the entire storyline for the Order of the Stick'. So what! :)

Based on that, my prediction for the final panel:

The Happy Ending mentioned above is actually played out in the second from last panel. The final panel pulls back to the real world (Still in stick figure art though, I don't think Rich will go to another art form or use photography for it, but you never know). An apartment, the players of the campaign themselves all sitting around their gaming table, with The Giant as the GM. The characters will be similar to their D&D counterparts, with perhaps Belkar's player the opposite.. A really big guy with lots of hair on his head. :)

The final pullback will have Rich giving the ending summary of the campaign, with the friends smiling at each other... "That was a great game".

Oberon
2007-07-27, 04:45 PM
I predict that it will be the end of me reading web comics..

Waht about re-runs? (by which I mean just reading the archives again...)

2007-07-27, 05:43 PM
Roy's tombstone.

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-07-27, 05:53 PM
Of all the "Final Panel" comments I've ever heard, the one I like best is:

Elan and Haley are sitting at home, and Elan is finishing telling the tale of the Saga of the Order of the Stick to their children (four or five). Surrounding them are souviners and other knick-knacks from their adventures, newspaper clippings, etc. Most of the kids are listening, but one little blond-haired girl is trying to steal something from the shelves.

The clippings and photos show Vaarsuvious receiving the Robes of an Archmage, Belkar's tomb, Roy and Miko together as husband and wife, Hinjo as the re-established ruler of Azure City, and Redcloak signing a peace treaty between Humanoids and Goblinoids.

On the fireplace mantle is one of the gem eyes of Xykon.

The Spoiler includes a few story ideas I've had since I took up reading the OotS.

Knight_Of_Twilight
2007-07-27, 06:20 PM
Roy's tombstone.

Kinda like Castlevania 2's "bad" ending?

Sajek
2007-07-28, 09:32 AM
Of all the "Final Panel" comments I've ever heard, the one I like best is:

Elan and Haley are sitting at home, and Elan is finishing telling the tale of the Saga of the Order of the Stick to their children (four or five). Surrounding them are souviners and other knick-knacks from their adventures, newspaper clippings, etc. Most of the kids are listening, but one little blond-haired girl is trying to steal something from the shelves.

The Spoiler includes a few story ideas I've had since I took up reading the OotS.

Half the kids will have Elan's hair, the other half Haley's. One of the Elan-haired will have Banjo.

And don't you mean Durkon's tomb? I think for Belkar, it will be a poster reading Wanted: 500,000 GP Reward for Belkar Bitterleaf.

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-07-28, 09:44 AM
Half the kids will have Elan's hair, the other half Haley's. One of the Elan-haired will have Banjo.

And don't you mean Durkon's tomb? I think for Belkar, it will be a poster reading Wanted: 500,000 GP Reward for Belkar Bitterleaf.

Actually, both would have tombs, or a tomb and a gravestone...

Durkon returns to the dwarven homelands posthumously, while Belkar has only one more birthday cake to savor... Belkar may or may not have a body to bury, I expect he will be eaten by a purple worm or something equally over-the-top when he dies...

DreadSpoon
2007-07-28, 10:46 AM
I believe Xykon was able to extract a part of the snarl when Redcloak burned down Lirian's gate in the forest. Xykon is trying to unseal the other gates so as to bring him to full power.

Quit being a cheap bastard and buy Start of Darkness. You are wrong in several different ways in those two sentences alone, and that book explains why quite clearly.