PDA

View Full Version : Are there plans for a Kickstarter Story Compliation in Print?

Procyonpi
2017-03-27, 02:14 PM
Question's in the title. I understand that it isn't really practical to put the Kickstarter reward stories into print until they're all done, but as a Kickstarter backer, I would love it if this happened at some point and would be happy to shell out more cash for it.

Jasdoif
2017-03-27, 03:09 PM
They'll eventually be available in print, yes:
These stories will be available in print someday for everyone else who didn't back....

littlebum2002
2017-03-28, 08:58 AM
Step 1: Buy PDFs.

Step 2: Print PDFs.

Rogar Demonblud
2017-03-28, 10:22 AM
Yeah. That particular Giant-Quote is four years old, and Rich seems to have changed his mind about how well PDF distribution works (in that he uses it now).

factotum
2017-03-28, 10:30 AM
Step 1: Buy PDFs.

Step 2: Print PDFs.

The OP is already a Kickstarter backer and thus already has access to the PDFs. What he's asking for is a proper bound book (like all the others) with the Kickstarter stories in it, which your solution does not address.

Ornithologist
2017-03-28, 03:48 PM
I would imagine that it will happen some point after they are all done. So, it will likely be a long while.

DeliaP
2017-03-29, 10:34 AM
As someone who managed to miss the Kickstarter, but is now happily shelling out random quantities of money for the pdf's as quickly as they appear, I'd just like to say that even after I've bought all the pdf's, I'd still be very eager to buy a nicely bound print version of them, that can fit on the shelf next to all the print books (for which I have also gone on and eagerly bought the pdf versions even though I already had them in print).

Just mentioning this, letting anyone know who might be reading this, and might be thinking about making decisions based on the existence of a demand for such a product :smallwink:

Storm_Of_Snow
2017-03-30, 07:08 AM
Just mentioning this, letting anyone know who might be reading this, and might be thinking about making decisions based on the existence of a demand for such a product :smallwink:
Ditto - personally I prefer hard copies of books to things like e-readers anyway.

Lord Torath
2017-04-05, 01:44 PM
http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/ has a DIY guide on their Workshop sub-forum for binding PDFs. It's one of the stickied threads.

Aéquitas
2017-04-08, 03:29 PM
And when possible hardback copies over softback

factotum
2017-04-09, 01:13 AM
And when possible hardback copies over softback

I seriously doubt those would ever be offered--they haven't been for any of the other books, and the logistics of producing something that probably very few readers would buy would be prohibitive.

renovator
2017-04-11, 05:33 AM
I seriously doubt those would ever be offered--they haven't been for any of the other books, and the logistics of producing something that probably very few readers would buy would be prohibitive.

I think another that would be good to print would be OOTS the annotated version - with the comic titles, the in jokes and the references to the D20 world explained