PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Enlarge Person and Polymoroph?

BobsYourUncle!
2017-03-27, 05:21 PM
How does for example if you were a bear warrior and under an enlarge person spell and shifted to a brown bear, would you remain large or revert back to medium losing the enlarge person spell?

Dagroth
2017-03-27, 05:23 PM
How does for example if you were a bear warrior and under an enlarge person spell and shifted to a brown bear, would you remain large or revert back to medium losing the enlarge person spell?

The enlarge person would be overwritten by shifting into a brown bear.

Stealth Marmot
2017-03-27, 05:44 PM
What he said.

However you could as a halfling polymorph into a human then cast enlarge person on yourself to become a large sized person.

Not sure why you would want to, but hey, I don't judge.

BobsYourUncle!
2017-03-27, 05:45 PM
that's what I was afraid of so It uselsess for that build then. you cant drink a potion in bear form because it melds into your gear and you cant cast spells so there is no way to get larger without wasting rounds for outside help or gaining another 4 levels for brown bear.

I mean something as cool as bear form etc is nerfed every which way to sunday lol, cant wear gear, cant wear armor. magic items don't work,. cant drink potions. you get zero benefit other then a bit of strength.

Dagroth
2017-03-27, 06:01 PM
that's what I was afraid of so It uselsess for that build then. you cant drink a potion in bear form because it melds into your gear and you cant cast spells so there is no way to get larger without wasting rounds for outside help or gaining another 4 levels for brown bear.

I mean something as cool as bear form etc is nerfed every which way to sunday lol, cant wear gear, cant wear armor. magic items don't work,. cant drink potions. you get zero benefit other then a bit of strength.

It's generally (but not always) considered legal that the "Wild" enchantment on armor and Wilder Clasps work fine with things like Bear Warrior.

And it's not a "bit of strength"... it's a pretty heavy-duty amount of strength. And spells still work on you, so Bull's Strength, Bear's Endurance, Mage Armor... all still working fine in Bear Form. Plus, if you've got a Druid in the party, they can throw spells on you now.

Edit: The Psionic Power Expansion would work fine, btw... but only if you activated it after Bear Form since the ability specifically changes you into a Black Bear.

SirNibbles
2017-03-29, 04:29 AM
What he said.

However you could as a halfling polymorph into a human then cast enlarge person on yourself to become a large sized person.

Not sure why you would want to, but hey, I don't judge.

Wrong.

"Multiple magical effects that increase size do not stack."

Polymorph is a magical effect. Enlarge person is a magical effect.

Blu
2017-03-29, 05:52 AM
Wrong.

"Multiple magical effects that increase size do not stack."

Yeah, but poly doens't actually increases your size, it effectively changes your size