PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas Raiders

Ruslan
2017-03-27, 06:03 PM
So, it's [almost] official: the Oakland Raiders are moving to Las Vegas (http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/27/las-vegas-raiders-nfl-owners-approve-raiders-move-from-oakland.html). Poor Raiders fans - they waited 15 years for a team that's (more or less) good - and now it's cruelly taken away from them.

tomandtish
2017-03-27, 06:19 PM
I do feel a little sorry for them.

OTOH, I long ago realized that this was a business, and the owners are going to do what they think will make them more money in the long run. It's why I'm not a fan of any team (although I have some I dislike). I just watch to see a (hopefully) good game.

An Enemy Spy
2017-03-27, 08:13 PM
It sucks when an owner has no appreciation for the fans. It happened to my Seahawks when Ken Behring got the team and took what had been a legitimate Super Bowl contnder and sent it spiraling into an era of irrelevance that they've only recently gotten out of. As if his flagrant disregard for the product on the field wasn't enough, he tried to sneakily move them to LA and got blocked by the NFL before selling the Seahawks to Paul Allen, who actually cares about the people of Seattle. There's a reason that when the Seahawks finally won the Super Bowl, the original owner got a ring but Ken Behring didn't.

Nothing worse than greedy billionaires screwing the rest of us over so their already overflowing bank accounts can get even bigger.

Durkoala
2017-03-27, 09:50 PM
Not having any knowledge of American sports teams, for obvious reasons, I'm disappointed to find out that that this thread isn't about a post-apocalyptic story about resource wars in western America. :smalltongue:

An Enemy Spy
2017-03-27, 10:01 PM
Not having any knowledge of American sports teams, for obvious reasons, I'm disappointed to find out that that this thread isn't about a post-apocalyptic story about resource wars in western America. :smalltongue:

No, that describes the Oakland Raiders pretty well.

Rogar Demonblud
2017-03-27, 10:42 PM

We don't need post-apoc for that. We've had shooting wars over water rights since people first moved into the region.

Mando Knight
2017-03-28, 01:51 AM

That would be the New Vegas Fiends.