PDA

View Full Version : v3 Mystics: Potent Psionics and Mastery of Wood/Earth

The_Ditto
2017-03-28, 01:49 PM
Hi, quick question ..

Mastery of Wood and Earth, has an ability: Animate Weapon.

So if I use that, on say a long sword .. and scoot it off to attack something ...
assuming I'm at least 8th level, do I get the extra +1d8 from Potent Psionics as well ?

It seems like I do .. just wondering if it seems like that to others, or if there's a reading to this I'm missing :)

additional question I just realized .. I'm assuming you should be proficient with the weapon in any case ? ie Simple weapon by default barring any multi-classing, or other specific Mystic features (I know there's some that expand weapon/armor .. just assume an Order of the Awakened choice for now :) )

brainface
2017-03-28, 08:05 PM
RAW I'm pretty sure it does, and it also synergizes well with say, brute force and psionic weapon, allowing you to throw out a pretty good amount of spike damage at the cost of lots of power points.

I'm not sure, however, if it's intended, as animate weapon seems to mirror hungry lightning, desicate and so forth that don't really combo with anything.

Nomadic Arrow's speed dart is similar. Bestial form's beast claws probably don't work with potent psionics but will with Brute Force--there seems to be a lot of not really obvious stacking potential that may result in two different mystics being at wildly different power levels, imo.

As far as proficiency bonus, I'd definitely at least not include it on the attack roll if you weren't proficient, and anyone trying to use a lance "because it's one handed!" should be glared at sternly, unless they are specifically a horse-riding mystic knight. ^^

[second edit] Anyone comboing animate weapon with tavern brawler to hurl say, barstools and or boots for 1d4+7d10+int damage (with a nonlethal option!) should be recognized as the true hero they are.

The_Ditto
2017-04-03, 07:58 AM
[second edit] Anyone comboing animate weapon with tavern brawler to hurl say, barstools and or boots for 1d4+7d10+int damage (with a nonlethal option!) should be recognized as the true hero they are.

ROFLMAO ... nice .. :)

Thanks ...