PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Bear Warrior Cleric

BobsYourUncle!
2017-03-28, 03:24 PM
so first off I know its not the most optimized combo lol.

I have access to complete books,. PH1 and 2 and Monster manual and DMG only.

Would first like some ideas on build for its later levels. will post current progression below.

there are 4 clerics in the party is kind of a game theme.

The question I have is that if you cast righteous might and then rage does the bear form eliminate the righteous might?

Here is the build so far:

Barb-2
Fight-2
Fist-3
Bear-1
Warshaper-2
Cleric-2

Thank you,

also would like to hear if anyone has any ideas on a better cleric bear build from 1-20. Not that if effects this game but for future.

Gildedragon
2017-03-28, 03:28 PM
Bear cleric as in a cleric that can morph into bear?
Or cleric that uses bear warrior?
Divine Minion of Geb, Osiris, or Set is just a +2 LA that can be bought off and give you Druid-like infinite shifting into bear

BobsYourUncle!
2017-03-28, 03:38 PM
currently its a cleric bear warrior build. Will keep that LA creatures in mind if future though for other builds. :) maybe a cleric of Llerg build.

BobsYourUncle!
2017-03-28, 04:24 PM
I went back and highlighted my main question I realize now I kind of buried it in the middle of the post. :)

Troacctid
2017-03-28, 04:29 PM
The question I have is that if you cast righteous might and then rage does the bear form eliminate the righteous might?
No, they stack, except for the size change, which will be overridden by the bear's size.

also would like to hear if anyone has any ideas on a better cleric bear build from 1-20. Not that if effects this game but for future.
Use Sentinel of Bharrai instead of Bear Warrior. It's much better for a caster, since it improves your spellcasting as well as turning you into a bear.

Alternately, if you must use Bear Warrior, use the Rage Cleric to avoid having to take a level of Barbarian.

BobsYourUncle!
2017-03-28, 04:31 PM
ill keep that in mind for future, not on my approved books lol:) exalted deeds is really hard to get approved by the local DM's here.

And thank you, so if you were to cast it and then go to Brown bear at level 5 of Bear Warrior the size wouldn't change. that's good to know.

Troacctid
2017-03-28, 04:40 PM
Another option is to use the Spontaneous Domains option with the Transformation domain so you can spontaneously cast polymorph. Animal Domain could also give you animal shapes at level 13.