PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 character ideas

jdizzlean
2017-03-28, 09:58 PM
I'm always creating new characters for fun, and for back up in case i do something stupid and the dm lets me die. Hey, that's part of the game too.

Right now I'm playing a changeling Druid, the build is Druid 5, MoMF 2, warshaper 2, MoMF to 7, warshaper to 4, and finishing off w/ druid
https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=856215

I also have a Dragonwrought Desert Kobold DFA build
https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1120101

and an Athasian Human Educated Wilder
https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1120019

in our game we have the entirety of the 3.5 universe to pull from, w/ the exception that most eberron stuff is taboo as the DM thinks the author is a bag of ****. Occasionally i have to argue a point, but for the most part if you can create it w/in the RAW, you can do it.

So, if you had all that to work w/, what would you create next? We also treat any +1 LA as a freebie, so a race/template that only has 1 LA is free to do. We roll stats 4d6, dropping the lowest die. we combine spot/listen into a "notice" check.

I'm considering something magicky, but i have no personal xp with playing a caster, i'm usually the ranger/rogue in the group. the druid i'm playing now is the first attempt at being a magic user, and it's only temporary until i can wild shape

flappeercraft
2017-03-28, 10:53 PM
Make a Dvati Druid/Beastmaster with the Wild Cohort, Leadership, Extra followers, Improved cohort and Dragon Cohort feats. That way by the time you hit Beastmaster 10, you would have basically 2 characters (Dvati), 4 animal companions, 1 Wild Cohort, 1 Cohort, 1 Dragon Cohort and double the followers you would get from Leadership.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2017-03-29, 12:50 AM
Illumian (Krau/anything), Beguiler 1/ Wizard 4/ Ultimate Magus 10/ Mindbender 1/ Incantatrix 4. Specialize in Conjuration with Enchantment and Evocation prohibited, get Abrupt Jaunt from PH2, and use the Fighter feat variant (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#wizard) to get Improved Initiative instead of Scribe Scroll.

Use flaws to get Able Learner, Practiced Spellcaster: Beguiler, and Versatile Spellcaster at 1st, and any metamagic feat at 3rd. Consider picking up Obtain Familiar and Improved Familiar for an imp or quasit or pseudodragon, and remember that it can use your skill ranks. Definitely get Extend Spell and Persistent Spell at some point, and Invisible Spell is superb. Be sure to take Mindsight at 18th level, and get Iron Will from the Otyugh Hole in CS without spending a feat on it.

Ultimate Magus 1, 4, and 7 progresses whichever class you have with the lower caster level, so with that combination of feats and race your caster level for both classes is equal at those levels and you'll be able to put all ten UM levels toward Wizard. At 15th level you'll have Wizard 14 spellcasting and Beguiler 8 spellcasting, both at an inflated caster level since you can add on the UM caster level class feature after adding Krau and Practiced Spellcaster.

You'll have a ton of skill points and one of the best class skill lists in the game from Beguiler, since Illumians are Humanoid (Human) and can take Able Learner. Versatile Spellcaster allows you to spend two Beguiler spell slots of the same level to cast any spell you know of one level higher, including Wizard spell you've learned, and it gives you early access to the next higher level of Beguiler spells. This build is basically the most useful character in the game when outside of combat, and can still be played as a capable Batman Wizard during encounters.

Inevitability
2017-03-29, 12:53 AM
Make a Dvati Druid/Beastmaster with the Wild Cohort, Leadership, Extra followers, Improved cohort and Dragon Cohort feats. That way by the time you hit Beastmaster 10, you would have basically 2 characters (Dvati), 4 animal companions, 1 Wild Cohort, 1 Cohort, 1 Dragon Cohort and double the followers you would get from Leadership.

Also, taking your turn would use up approximately one hour.

jdizzlean
2017-03-29, 01:55 AM
Also, taking your turn would use up approximately one hour.

I once had a wolflord that had something like 27 attacks not counting my own, so i basically rolled my dice bag....

it was even more comical when you're mounted on a hypogriff flying overhead and raining wolves down on the enemy below