PDA

View Full Version : level drained ex-paladin/blackguard

Yogibear41
2017-03-28, 10:53 PM
Say I was a level 11 paladin who became a blackguard 10/Paladin 1, then for whatever reason I was level drained down to say just a Blackguard 1. (maybe he was trying to get drained that 1 paladin level so he could take something else and his plan went horrible wrong :smallsmile: ) could I start taking blackguard levels back, or would that be a no-no since technically I no longer qualified for the class?

Venger
2017-03-28, 10:59 PM
you would need to meet the prereqs again. in the meantime, just take levels in paladin of tyranny, and once you've got all your stuff back, flip them back over to blackguard.

ATHATH
2017-03-29, 02:04 AM
The answer depends on which side you take on the "do you need to constantly qualify for PrCs to gain their benefits" debate.

Bronk
2017-03-29, 07:13 AM
Say I was a level 11 paladin who became a blackguard 10/Paladin 1, then for whatever reason I was level drained down to say just a Blackguard 1. (maybe he was trying to get drained that 1 paladin level so he could take something else and his plan went horrible wrong :smallsmile: ) could I start taking blackguard levels back, or would that be a no-no since technically I no longer qualified for the class?

The blackguard would have been in the same 'not qualifying' boat as soon as it went below 6 front loaded paladin levels anyway, so in this hypothetical, the ruling is already in the PC's favor.

ben-zayb
2017-03-29, 07:17 AM
The answer depends on which side you take on the "do you need to constantly qualify for PrCs to gain their benefits" debate.
Basically, it's a no-no if your table have Ur-Priests disqualifying themselves by 1st level and Dragon Disciples with a capstone of "You lose this PrC's other class features".

Venger
2017-03-29, 08:00 AM

Basically, it's a no-no if your table have Ur-Priests disqualifying themselves by 1st level and Dragon Disciples with a capstone of "You lose this PrC's other class features".

This.

But even if you are pro-cwar, blackguard works differently from normal classes. it actually replaces your paladin levels. if you tried to apply pro-cwar logic, then its trading levels class feature wouldn't actually function.