PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder What can you do with a treant corpse?

Coidzor
2017-03-28, 10:55 PM
I can't seem to find any undead that would be applicable at the moment, although I suppose I might be able to make a ghost if I get access to Create Undead.

For one reason or another, I find myself with three treant corpses that, while, they'd be fine to make into a bonfire, I'm also interested in seeing if there's some better use I could put them to.

JNAProductions
2017-03-28, 10:58 PM
Make a nice table?

Or a desk. Are they mahogany?

inuyasha
2017-03-28, 11:12 PM
You could use Animate Dead and trick people into thinking they're treants/treant zombies!

Particle_Man
2017-03-28, 11:20 PM
Animate Object?

inuyasha
2017-03-28, 11:24 PM
Animate Object?

That's what I meant, not Animate dead. Whoops!

Coidzor
2017-03-28, 11:29 PM
Make a nice table?

Or a desk. Are they mahogany?

I think at least one is oak and the others might be cedars.

So no ancient blood rituals to make a desk that can be the fabric of the universe itself, alas.

Crake
2017-03-28, 11:30 PM
what's wrong with actual animate dead? We recently got our hands on a fast zombie treant and it was amazing, though the DM pulled some random fiat and made it explode, because the character making him into a zombie is apparently the progenitor of undead in his campaign setting.

Gildedragon
2017-03-29, 12:03 AM
Make a nice chest with legs and lots of storage space... THEN make it animate again

Coidzor
2017-03-29, 12:54 AM
what's wrong with actual animate dead? We recently got our hands on a fast zombie treant and it was amazing, though the DM pulled some random fiat and made it explode, because the character making him into a zombie is apparently the progenitor of undead in his campaign setting.

Ahh. Zombie can be used on any corporeal creature. I'd forgotten about that.

Now the only trouble is that I can't make a Zombie Treant without Desecrate and I don't have access to that until one of my allies levels up.

Crake
2017-03-29, 01:01 AM
Ahh. Zombie can be used on any corporeal creature. I'd forgotten about that.

Now the only trouble is that I can't make a Zombie Treant without Desecrate and I don't have access to that until one of my allies levels up.

Can't? Or don't want to? If you can't then either you're an oracle with animate dead but without desecrate (why?), or exactly a 7th level wizard.

Coidzor
2017-03-29, 01:14 AM
Can't? Or don't want to? If you can't then either you're an oracle with animate dead but without desecrate (why?), or exactly a 7th level wizard.

I'm a 6th level Shaman, I also don't have access to Desecrate without making a magic item, and I don't want to spend money on that when we're around 5K experience away from leveling up so my party's Antipaladin can provide Desecrate for us.

Crake
2017-03-29, 02:22 AM
I'm a 6th level Shaman, I also don't have access to Desecrate without making a magic item, and I don't want to spend money on that when we're around 5K experience away from leveling up so my party's Antipaladin can provide Desecrate for us.

Didn't realise shamans had access to animate dead, the more you know. If you can find some way to boost your caster level by 2 for even 1 round you could get it done, but I guess it'd be better to wait and get the additional benfits of desecrate.

Thurbane
2017-03-29, 02:23 AM
I feel I have to post this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d4kTa_Nvy8

Arbane
2017-03-29, 11:02 AM
Build a Dread Gazebo.

Coidzor
2017-03-30, 03:42 AM
Oh. I just realized that I actually can animate at least one of them right now using Animate Dead. A Frostfallen Creature Treant would have it's base 12 HD, instead of getting an extra 4 HD for being Huge like for Zombies.

Keeping its prodigious natural armor and even boosting it seems more than worth missing out on those 4 HD. Although I do still want to try to hold off a bit and get Desecrate in on the action.

This also gives me the very amusing idea of being able to make a Necrocraft out of wood. I'm thinking that if I rolled some Craft rolls well, the GM might even allow it to be a fairly nice statue, too.