PDA

View Full Version : Some 3.5 class advice

JWhitehead
2007-07-27, 02:37 PM
Hello everyone, this would be my first post on these forums so apologies if I get something wrong.
Anyway, for reasons too disturbing to go into I have developed a fascination with dolls over the last few months. As such I have found myself really wanting to play a class that I can somehow link to dolls.
So far in campaigns i participate in the best I have managed is the create fetch assasin spell. My dm house ruled it to actually be a doll:smallsmile:
I was wondering if anyone could point me towards some classes from 3.5 that could be tied in to either replacing ones parts with doll parts or creating/using dolls
sourcebooks are irrelevant I can probably wrangle whatever one I want as long as it isnt too broken
thanks in advance

Fixer
2007-07-27, 02:39 PM
Effigy Master - Create your own constructs. LOTS of little dolls!

Or take the Craft Magic Arms & Armor/Craft Wondrous Item/Craft Construct route if you were going to take the feats anyway. No prestige class needed and you can still make dolls.

JWhitehead
2007-07-27, 02:41 PM
thanks for that, where could I find effigy master?

Arbitrarity
2007-07-27, 02:43 PM
Complete Arcane, IIRC.

Telonius
2007-07-27, 02:43 PM
Artificer, a class from Eberron, might have something for you. They have a "Craft Homunculus" feature that could be used for that. Hmm, maybe a Warforged artificer who's trying to create offspring... or a Reforged who's "trying to be a real boy!"

Otherwise, any class that has "Craft" as a class skill could work for you.

JWhitehead
2007-07-27, 02:45 PM
actually, isnt there an artificer prestige class dedicated to replacing oneself with warforged parts?

Draz74
2007-07-27, 02:45 PM
thanks for that, where could I find effigy master?

Evidently (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/lists/prc) it's in the Complete Arcane. :smallcool:

(Check out the link, it's useful.)

Arbitrarity
2007-07-27, 02:51 PM
I played a warforged artificer. Sadly, it was difficult to mod myself.

Magnetic hands would have been so useful! :smallbiggrin:

Raolin_Fenix
2007-07-27, 02:53 PM
I think there's also a Puppetmaster PrC somewhere. Don't remember where or what it does, though. =/

Fixer
2007-07-27, 03:23 PM
I think there's also a Puppetmaster PrC somewhere. Don't remember where or what it does, though. =/

According to Google it is in "Path of Magic (3.0), p. 54"

Here is a homebrew attempt.
http://boards1.wizards.com/archive/index.php/t-732637.html

Person_Man
2007-07-27, 03:56 PM
Animate Objects (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/animateObjects.htm). Fun and easy to abuse. Fear the toymaster!

Zincorium
2007-07-27, 04:07 PM
actually, isnt there an artificer prestige class dedicated to replacing oneself with warforged parts?

Renegade mastermaker, Pg. 81 of the Magic of Eberron book.

Honestly, it seems to be a more melee combat oriented conversion of the artificer class, but that in and of itself isn't necessarily a good idea. On the other hand, the loss of two artificer levels might keep the class a bit more balanced overall. And a bit more combat ability might make artificers a bit more intriguing to your players, I dunno. I know I'm not the only person on the board who acknowledges the superiority of spellcasters but plays melee characters anyway.

My main reason for not expounding on the virtues of it is that warforged are one of my favorite races, and thus for most melee oriented characters or artificers I'd want to be a warforged anyway, and thus not qualify for the class.