PDA

View Full Version : Quest line help

tedcahill2
2017-03-29, 10:01 AM
I'm brainstorming an idea for an upcoming campaign and could use some help with my quest idea.

Here's what I'm thinking so far:

Option 1: A group of scholars, using a spell inscribed on a scroll that prophesizes the return of a great evil, summons our heroes. They assume the heroes will be great warriors, and powerful wizards, but what they get are level 1 nobodies. What they failed to decipher about the scroll was that the spell also summoned the evil they were trying to stop. The villain kills the scholars and the heroes, but the heroes do not stay dead, they wake up hours later as though simply unconscious, and the story goes from there.

Option 2: Largely the same, except that the heroes have no memory of who they are or where they're from. They eventually find out that they were not simply summoned by the scholars, they are actually resurrected to continue their millennia long battle against the villain, and will start to uncover stories and legends of the battles they've fought against this villain throughout history.

Which sounds more fun, if either?

Any ideas on who/what my villain should be?

In both scenarios there is something special about these heroes? Why can only they defeat the villain, what could that thing be?