PDA

View Full Version : A surreal experience

Ruslan
2017-03-29, 12:08 PM
Went to the store to buy new running shoes yesterday, accompanied by my wife. Was able to pick a nice pair on a discount quickly. When I get to the register, the lady takes the box, rings it up, then points toward the back of the store.

"Nice shoes, how about some sex?"

I am dumbfounded. Speechless. I really don't know how to react to a woman who, casually, in the middle of a store, asks me for sex in the presence of my wife. Two or three seconds pass in tense silence. Then my wife takes the initiative.

"No thanks, we have enough," she says.
"Ok, just the shoes then, that will be $32.89"

I pay, and we leave the store. Still speechless. We get in the car. I try to speak to my wife.

"What was that about?"
"What was what?"

She looks at me like she doesn't know what I'm talking about. Like she's used to strange women proposing sex to her husband in the middle of a store. I decide to drop the subject. We drive. Halfway home it hits me. What the woman at the counter said was "how about some socks". She was trying to sell me socks to go with the shoes. Of the three people involved in this conversation, I was the only one who misheard it as 'sex'. I decide to never speak about this again.

Togath
2017-03-29, 12:13 PM
At least she wasn't trying to sell a geoduck.:smalltongue:

Vinyadan
2017-03-29, 02:48 PM
Lol accents. I actually was at a class once were this same example was made. This is a local thing in some US area, right?

Starwulf
2017-03-29, 06:45 PM
This made me genuinely laugh out loud, and then I read the whole story to my wife and said "That would totally be me". She laughed and agreed ^^.

Scarlet Knight
2017-03-29, 09:07 PM
Thank heavens your wife didn't say, "That's a good idea, honey; you need some ."

danzibr
2017-03-31, 09:21 AM
Went to the store to buy new running shoes yesterday, accompanied by my wife. Was able to pick a nice pair on a discount quickly. When I get to the register, the lady takes the box, rings it up, then points toward the back of the store.

"Nice shoes, how about some sex?"

I am dumbfounded. Speechless. I really don't know how to react to a woman who, casually, in the middle of a store, asks me for sex in the presence of my wife. Two or three seconds pass in tense silence. Then my wife takes the initiative.

"No thanks, we have enough," she says.
"Ok, just the shoes then, that will be $32.89"

I pay, and we leave the store. Still speechless. We get in the car. I try to speak to my wife.

"What was that about?"
"What was what?"

She looks at me like she doesn't know what I'm talking about. Like she's used to strange women proposing sex to her husband in the middle of a store. I decide to drop the subject. We drive. Halfway home it hits me. What the woman at the counter said was "how about some socks". She was trying to sell me socks to go with the shoes. Of the three people involved in this conversation, I was the only one who misheard it as 'sex'. I decide to never speak about this again.
Haha, your wife saying "No thanks we have enough" is absolutely perfect.

Thank heavens your wife didn't say, "That's a good idea, honey; you need some ."
:P

tschel23
2017-04-03, 04:36 PM
Haha, that's awesome! Great story to share!

Jay R
2017-04-05, 12:19 PM
You'd have been so disappointed if you'd said, "Yes, please."

Bohandas
2017-04-05, 12:33 PM
There was a Seinfeld episode like this, wasn't there?

Prince Zahn
2017-04-07, 04:48 AM
I hope for everyone's sake that she meant to say "would you like some socks?"
But yeah I'd be godsmacked too if that happened to me. :smalleek:

DrunkMongoose
2017-04-07, 06:42 AM
This one had me cracking up. Thanks for the great story, So good that I had to share it with my coworkers and wife. :smallsmile:

danzibr
2017-04-07, 07:33 AM
I hope for everyone's sake that she meant to say "would you like some socks?"
But yeah I'd be godsmacked too if that happened to me. :smalleek:
I don't suppose you read the entire original post?

Prince Zahn
2017-04-07, 10:59 AM
I don't suppose you read the entire original post?

...guess I missed that. Eh, reading entire posts is overrated. to be fair my brain was stir-fried when I was reading it. *shrugs*

Scarlet Knight
2017-04-07, 08:12 PM
You'd have been so disappointed if you'd said, "Yes, please."

"Where?"
"In the back by the mirrors."
"Aaaawriiight! "
"Did you find...my God! What are you...put your clothes back on!"

Ruslan
2017-04-10, 12:24 PM
Yup. I guess there is a sad but true lesson to be learned here: if a woman offers you sex, check your hearing.

Peelee
2017-04-10, 01:51 PM
Yup. I guess there is a sad but true lesson to be learned here: if a woman offers you sex, check your hearing.

OK, that i laughed at.