PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next 5e Dhampir race

Giegue
2017-03-29, 10:56 PM
As the title says. Decided to make one of my favorite races for 5e. Do note that these are not meant to be direct conversions of the dhampir's PF counterpart Instead, it is meant to be total re-interpretation. This race was also made to fill a mechanical niche; I wanted a good race for a necromancer wizard that got +2 charisma and an Int boost, but with more fitting fluff than thr 1/2 elf. The Zendikar Vampire was something I thought was great for that, but due to being named off an actual monster race and having a very setting-specific fluff, many DMs may not allow the zendikar Vamp at their table. So the other personal weird mechanical niche I wanted this race to fill was being a more "setting netural" version of the zendikar vamp that could thus see play at more tables. (potentially) However, I am terirble when it comes to 5e balance, so I have no idea how OP/underpowered, or balanced this race is. Thats why I'm posting it here; I'd like you all to help me balance it if possible, So without further hesitation...the race!

5e Dhampir (https://docs.google.com/document/d/14nLL_1JpRWofKIL1Z-kCNMvVvMml9IEcjeUFP2u2XP0/edit?usp=sharing)

All comments, thoughts and concerns are welcome!

M Placeholder
2017-03-30, 12:43 PM
The Drain Blood (chance of creating a Zombie that could attack you and your friends?) and the sadomasochistic Dhampir Magic (which isn't as good as the Drow or the Tiefling racial spell features) do make this a bit UP in my view, not to mention the builds that would suit this race probably wouldn't be given to close quarter combat. And why would I want to spend all that time restraining the target and then possibly engender a chance for them to come back as a out of control Zombie, when I could just blast it with a cantrip?

I think it needs a bit of work.