PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other DesertWind (& Midnight) dodge exists: What does DesertWind (or Midnight) Mobility do?

daremetoidareyo
2017-03-31, 12:42 AM
Asking because I'm in a creative slump. Player wants anything but "dodge mobility spring attack" pre-reqs & is asking for replacements. So what does desert wind mobility do? & what does Midnight Mobility do?

Ziegander
2017-03-31, 01:10 AM
Desert Wind Mobility
Prerequisites: Desert Wind Dodge
Benefit: You do not provoke attacks of opportunity from any creature(s) you dealt damage to using a Desert Wind maneuver on your turn.
Special: Desert Wind Mobility can be used in place of the Mobility feat to qualify for a feat, prestige class, or other special ability.

Midnight Mobility
Prerequisites: Con 13, Dex 13, Midnight Dodge
Benefit: Once per day, you can invest essentia in this feat. You gain a bonus to movement speed equal to 5ft per point of essentia invested. You do not provoke attacks of opportunity from movement on your turn for a number of feet equal to 5 × the number of essentia invested into this feat.

You gain 1 point of essentia.
Special: Midnight Mobility can be used in place of the Mobility feat to qualify for a feat, prestige class, or other special ability.

Eldan
2017-03-31, 05:23 AM
Desert Wind Mobility
Prerequisites: Desert Wind Dodge
Benefit: You do not provoke attacks of opportunity from any creature(s) you dealt damage to using a Desert Wind maneuver on your turn.
Special: Desert Wind Mobility can be used in place of the Mobility feat to qualify for a feat, prestige class, or other special ability.

This could have interesting effects when combined with other sources of AoOs than movement. Say, spellcasting via Jade Phoenix Mage. Interesting only, though. Far from overpowered.

Ziegander
2017-03-31, 01:44 PM
That was intended.

daremetoidareyo
2017-03-31, 06:45 PM
Good enough for me! Thanks.

Ziegander
2017-04-01, 12:17 AM
Good enough for me! Thanks.

Cheers, man! Designing feats for 3.5 was kind of my thing in my heyday. :smallredface:

Need any Spring Attack replacers?