PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Barber of Silverymoon

Sirithhyando
2017-03-31, 07:02 AM
I everyone,

I've added this scenario as a sidequest in one of my game.
We're playing with the lingering injury rule.
The palladin lost a leg the encounter before and now they got to a small town. I rolled a percentage check to see if there was a priest capable of casting the regeneration spell to regrow the limb. They were in luck, one was there from a neighboring city. (they're in a small village)

So the priest accept to help them but as payment, he ask the adventurers to go deal with a problem the village have (there goes the barber of silverymoon).

Thing is, they decide they are in a hurry and skip the "asking question in town" and goes straight to the shop. It's still day and all goes well. One find out about Joog tooth being magical so one of my player (who's lost a tooth in the past) ask something that made me laugh a lot.

His character ask Jooge if he could have a new tooth, but not anyone... the one Joog have. After everyone (out of RP) shared a laugh at the idea... i rolled to see if Joog would accept the ridiculous idea and obviously they got it. (the character who want the tooth also used all 3 of his luck point from the feat to have Joog accept)

Anyway, they end up being Joog guest and even bargained to stay the night. (at that point, i was accepting anything... was too funny)

So there it is... on of the character now have the magical tooth which let the main boss hear everything.

Any ideas on how to handle the follow up, i basically need ideas? (session ended with them "going to sleep" in the shop)

some guy
2017-03-31, 08:38 AM
My players came back in the night, discovered Bad Jooge, killed him and a lot of xvarts, then woke up Good Jooge, asked if they could sleep there and discussed all their plans in front of the tooth.

Have your players made any other plans other than to sleep in Jooge's house? If not, Bad Jooge knows he has guests and will probably lay low. The hag might order the banderhobb to silently comb the PC's hair with Bad Jooge's evil comb. Maybe the banderhobb is tasked with, one by one, abducting the pc's and delivering them to the Hag, saving the PC with the tooth for last. Bad Jooge might disagree with this and try to abduct the pc's with help of some xvarts and maybe the redcap to experiment on the pc's.

So, I'd say either the pc's wake up with evil hair (or more likely, wake up during the combing) and are being shadowed by the minions of the hag, or they are abducting (or more likely; wake up during an abduction attempt). If they wake up, they'll probably find the hidden tunnel (the xvarts probably leave the door open, the banderhobb is stealthy enough to open and close the door).

Sirithhyando
2017-03-31, 09:34 AM
:smallbiggrin: Love the idea, and it would be twice as funny since the character who's missing a leg is also bald. :smalltongue:
At this point, the Hag and evil Jooge definitly know they're staying the night.

They haven't talked of their plan much... though what they said was in draconic (all characters knows this language)

They plan on trying the secret door, though they dont know yet how difficult it will be but i'm kind of afraid for them. I think they'll attack head on and they'll be met by all the Hag have for them. At least it wont take long. They kill everyone or they die quick. Though i really want one of them to try the prismatic machine. :smallbiggrin:

some guy
2017-03-31, 10:17 AM
They haven't talked of their plan much... though what they said was in draconic (all characters knows this language)

They plan on trying the secret door, though they dont know yet how difficult it will be but i'm kind of afraid for them. I think they'll attack head on and they'll be met by all the Hag have for them. At least it wont take long. They kill everyone or they die quick. Though i really want one of them to try the prismatic machine. :smallbiggrin:

Planning in draconic is a smart move on their part.

A fun thing also might be is Bad Jooge saying Good Jooge is an impostor and killer. It won't hold up in Zones of Truth, but it's always a fun trope. Bad Jooge might also point to the evil tooth and claim Good Jooge is trying to corrupt the pc's.

If the players attack head on, and don't have any AoE spells, it could be quite difficult. My players had fireball and saved and befriended the Korred (who can summon an Earth Elemental), so the final fight wasn't too tough (though they were quite scared of the hag). They also cut all the korred's hair so it couldn't be used by the warlocks and hag, which is also quite important for the last battle. With the tabaxi and the mage saved they can also turn the battle in their favor.

I'm really sad my players didn't try the prismatic machine, but it's still a fun adventure.

Sirithhyando
2017-03-31, 12:42 PM
Bad Jooge might also point to the evil tooth and claim Good Jooge is trying to corrupt the pc's.

Oh i love this, since he's aware of the adventurer, that might even be the best course of action.

And yeah i was wondering... the korred hair, when you look at the image, it seem to go a long way. If they cut the hair, it will become iron, so it could pin down some of the Xvart and maybe even delay the Hag action(?). They tend to go with the straight on approach. So i'm wondering how to let them have a little more chance if they are somehow able to go straight for the main boss.

You also talked about the mage thats prisonner. From what i saw, his hole is in the main chamber so they'd free him while fighting over 40 Xvarts?
The Tabaxi is able to be saved before, though those prisonners should be consider weakened i suppose? So they wouldn't be much help.

some guy
2017-04-03, 04:32 AM
Oh i love this, since he's aware of the adventurer, that might even be the best course of action.

And yeah i was wondering... the korred hair, when you look at the image, it seem to go a long way. If they cut the hair, it will become iron, so it could pin down some of the Xvart and maybe even delay the Hag action(?). They tend to go with the straight on approach. So i'm wondering how to let them have a little more chance if they are somehow able to go straight for the main boss.

You also talked about the mage thats prisonner. From what i saw, his hole is in the main chamber so they'd free him while fighting over 40 Xvarts?
The Tabaxi is able to be saved before, though those prisonners should be consider weakened i suppose? So they wouldn't be much help.

I don't think the hag would be delayed by the hair, she has a strength of 21, but it might be fun to have some of the xvarts be tangled up.

The mage prisoner is indeed in the main chamber, so it's a choice to spend your actions saving her or just fighting. My group just consisted of 3 players, so I let the prisoners just be on full health, if you have a large group, you could have the prisoners be less useful.