PDA

View Full Version : Half-Zombie

Bartmanhomer
2017-03-31, 05:17 PM
Is there such thing as a half-zombie character or template?

ComaVision
2017-03-31, 05:20 PM
There are some Half-Undead templates from Dragon #313.

Necroticplague
2017-03-31, 05:29 PM
Yes, there is.

Coidzor
2017-03-31, 05:37 PM
Gheden is a template for creatures which have one parent as a mindless undead, generally a zombie.

Most famously used to make the Emerald Legion.

Flickerdart
2017-03-31, 06:09 PM
If you attach two undead leg grafts to yourself, your bottom half will be a zombie. :smallamused:

Venger
2017-03-31, 09:25 PM
Is there such thing as a half-zombie character or template?

what kinds of powers do you want your guy to have and we can figure out how to recreate it. I feel like necropolitan will probably work for you

Bartmanhomer
2017-03-31, 09:28 PM
what kinds of powers do you want your guy to have and we can figure out how to recreate it. I feel like necropolitan will probably work for you

What kind of powers do you got?

Venger
2017-03-31, 09:41 PM
What kind of powers do you got?

necropolitan, for example, gives you the undead type along with some turn resistance. you have to write a nice letter to the city of the dead and ask them to do a spell to you, pay them 3000gp and crucify you over the course of 24 hours. you lose 1 level and then also 1000xp (so do it at level 3) and then you are undead with all the concordant goodies. it's an la0 template.

Bartmanhomer
2017-03-31, 09:43 PM
necropolitan, for example, gives you the undead type along with some turn resistance. you have to write a nice letter to the city of the dead and ask them to do a spell to you, pay them 3000gp and crucify you over the course of 24 hours. you lose 1 level and then also 1000xp (so do it at level 3) and then you are undead with all the concordant goodies. it's an la0 template.
Wow that sounds a lot of work. Anything else?

Venger
2017-03-31, 10:14 PM
Wow that sounds a lot of work. Anything else?

I mean, not really, your gm can just fast-forward and have it take place offscreen, like when people craft stuff, or if you're beginning play after level 3 it can be part of your backstory.

again, knowing that kinds of mechanical effects you are after would be helpful in suggesting stuff. I'm making an educated guess that you want undead type goodies, but want to retain your intelligence.

necropolitan is the only raw way to do that for 0 la.

gravetouched ghoul is a pretty great template if you're a melee brute. you get all the powers of a ghoul including their paralysis ability and some really great ability boosts, but it is la 2, so take that into consideration.

Bartmanhomer
2017-03-31, 10:18 PM
I mean, not really, your gm can just fast-forward and have it take place offscreen, like when people craft stuff, or if you're beginning play after level 3 it can be part of your backstory.

again, knowing that kinds of mechanical effects you are after would be helpful in suggesting stuff. I'm making an educated guess that you want undead type goodies, but want to retain your intelligence.

necropolitan is the only raw way to do that for 0 la.

gravetouched ghoul is a pretty great template if you're a melee brute. you get all the powers of a ghoul including their paralysis ability and some really great ability boosts, but it is la 2, so take that into consideration.
I think the necropolitan is good for my future character. I'll take it. :smile:

Venger
2017-03-31, 10:34 PM
I think the necropolitan is good for my future character. I'll take it. :smile:

splendid. it's on page 114 of libris mortis.

Bartmanhomer
2017-03-31, 10:43 PM
splendid. it's on page 114 of libris mortis.

I'm thinking of playing an a male human cleric who worship Nerull which fits perfectly in this Necropolitan template.

Coidzor
2017-03-31, 11:14 PM
Getting away from zombies, there's Dhampirs somewhere or another in 3.5, and there's a Pathfinder version, too, that should be easily usable.

Venger
2017-03-31, 11:15 PM
I'm thinking of playing an a male human cleric who worship Nerull which fits perfectly in this Necropolitan template.

super. let us know how it goes. I hope you have fun.