PDA

View Full Version : Full BAB base class with Hide and MS?

Thurbane
2007-07-27, 09:17 PM
Besides the ranger, is there any base class that has full BAB, Hide and Move Silently? Specifically, anything with a HD bigger than d8?

Best options I can think of so far is either Human Paragon levels to get one of the skills as a class skill, or the Geurilla Scout feat to get both (but at normal cross class max ranks).

Tengu
2007-07-27, 09:19 PM
OA ninja? I'm not completely sure though.

MrNexx
2007-07-27, 09:36 PM
The L5R Ninja meets those requirements (though its HD are d6).

I'd be willing to give them to a Barbarian, but that's my game.

Wolfwood2
2007-07-27, 09:38 PM
Besides the ranger, is there any base class that has full BAB, Hide and Move Silently? Specifically, anything with a HD bigger than d8?

Best options I can think of so far is either Human Paragon levels to get one of the skills as a class skill, or the Geurilla Scout feat to get both (but at normal cross class max ranks).

A Ranger with the Improved Toughness feat has the equivalent of D10 hitdice.

What more are you looking for?

TheOOB
2007-07-27, 09:49 PM
Except for the over d8 HD, you just described the ranger. The extra one or two HP a level a d10 grants you is that huge of a deal and can be made up for by focusing on AC and CON.

The Dread Commando PrC from Heroes of Battle may be what your looking for. It has full BAB, full sudden strike, and hide and move silently. It only has d8 HD, but it gains the ability to ignore ACP. It can eventually wear mithral full plate with no ACP if I am correct.

Hzurr
2007-07-27, 10:16 PM
Yeah, the Dread Commando PrC is amazing. An excellent choice for the hard-hitting stealth characters (hide, move silently, sudden strike, bonus to init, reduced armor check penalty for up to medium armor). It's in the Heroes of Battle book. To get into the class, you'd most likely need to go ranger, or fighter/rogue (or just normal rogue)

ClericofPhwarrr
2007-07-27, 10:55 PM
Since we're mentioning PrCs now, the Ghost-Faced Killer from CAdv also gets Hide/Move Silently, full BAB, and d8 HD. It's Frightful Attack can be pretty fun too. Too bad it has "any evil" as one of its prereq's.

For a base class, though? The only thing I can think of is Ranger.

Overlord
2007-07-28, 01:11 AM
Able Learner will help with the cross-class skills. (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Able_Learner,RD)

You can either take a one level dip in Ranger for the class skills, or just go for a Prc.