PDA

View Full Version : Clockwork vs Greater Dispel Magic

Scottlang
2017-04-01, 07:26 AM
Ok I have a few Clockwork encounters set up, and I have a paladin with a holy avenger.

Now, I've been trying to read up on Clockwork, but I can't seem to find the answer... How would Greater dispel magic affect a Clockwork Leviathan and Dragon and also the Clockwork Golem?

No I know that the Clockwork Golem falls under the golem family, would the dispel magic work on it??

Inevitability
2017-04-01, 07:30 AM
Dispel Magic has no special effect on constructs. The magic that animates a construct is supplied at their creation and allows them to be self-supporting from there on. You can't dispel a demon who plane shifted to the material back either.

Necroticplague
2017-04-01, 07:34 AM
Ok I have a few Clockwork encounters set up, and I have a paladin with a holy avenger.

Now, I've been trying to read up on Clockwork, but I can't seem to find the answer... How would Greater dispel magic affect a Clockwork Leviathan and Dragon and also the Clockwork Golem?

No I know that the Clockwork Golem falls under the golem family, would the dispel magic work on it??

Dispel Magic doesn't do anything to creatures. Dispel Magic targets spells, not creatures. So unless the creature's entry specifically says anything on the matter, or it has a spell on it, Dispel Magic does nothing to it. Just like how you can't use Dispel to de-animate Zombies, you can't use Dispel to nullify a clockwork creature's existence.