PDA

View Full Version : The Everchanging Darkness

Darth Ultron
2017-04-01, 07:58 AM
This campaign takes place in the city of Westgate in the Forgotten Realms. It is located on the western edge of the Sea of Fallen Stars in an area known as the Dragon Coast. It is a city brimming with intrigue. Westgate is ruled by a council of its rich, noble families that took command soon after the death of its last king, Verovan, in 1248 DR. They in turn chose a croamarkh to serve a four-year term.

Westgate has a large number of temples and small churches, as befits its station as a cosmopolitan hub of trade. It holds within its walls temples to Loviatar, Gond, Mask, Ilmater, Talos and Leira has burned to the ground and been abandoned. A temple of Talona the Place of Waiting Death, is an open secret in the city. The city also holds shrines to Beshaba, Lliira, Malar, and Shar.

The "anything goes and everything has a price" reputation of the Dragon Coast is directly attributable to Westgate, whose citizens are not ashamed of its reputation. On the contrary, they pride themselves on Westgate's status as an open city-open to all races, open to all faiths, and open to all coins. Westgate's noble rulers, all descended from rich merchant houses, believe that personal ethics may be fine for private life but have no place in business.

Willingness to cut any deal has helped the city grow into a major economic power, but it has also created an environment in which thieves view their activities as extensions of normal business by other means. A thieves' guild known as the Night Masks controls nearly as much of Westgate as its official rulers do. The Night Mask assassins, extortionists, enforcers, and spies are for sale to any, meaning that the noble houses who ostensibly oppose the thieves' guild frequently its their best clients.

An Amy
2017-04-03, 08:53 AM
The girl (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1122954)

-Backstory-
This is written rather abstract given my lack of knowledge in Forgotten Realms. Her home city is up for discussion.

The girl was once named Laurel. She grew up in Port Gordon as a “roof rat” – city orphans named so because they stuck to the roofs of the city. The city was constructed almost uniformly 2 floors tall and buildings very crowded together. It was here that she grew up. Her mother died when she was too young to remember. She never knew her father. Her older brother took care of her for a long while. At the age of 8, however, he disappeared and was never heard from again.

She lived as a roof-rat for a couple more years, catching rats and mice in storage in exchange for leftovers. She learned quickly that she had to hide herself. Her hair at the time was prized for its color. She would let it grow out and then sell it. Stealing came easy to many of the older orphans who had to out of necessity. Eventually she could talk her way into an odd job like the boys or even con someone into letting down their guard where she would take advantage of her seemingly harmless stature to pilfer a valuable here or there.

Eventually she ran afoul of a local gang after seeing someone that looked like her older brother. She followed him to a warehouse. The person turned out not to be her brother, but she was discovered. The gang chased her down and cornered her in a closed off alley. In the alley was an older man, much larger than any other she’d seen. His presence was dominating and she froze when she came upon him while running. The gang members caught up to her and grabbed her. They began to beat her before pulling a blade to silence her from whatever she’d seen earlier in the warehouse. The older man, however, saved her. He dispatched the men with incredible power. Not just swift and strong blows from his fist, but struck them down with fear at the same time.

The old man then turned to her and beat her as well until she could take not a single strike more. He told her that he’d suspected she was capable. A weak body, he told her, but a strong sense of struggle. She didn’t know what he was talking about at the time, but he healed her all the same.

This man would become her master. He would train her and use her already developed skills for hiding and sneaking about and enhance them further. He trained her to hone her own silver tongue as well and use others’ gullibility to her advantage. To hide with just a few items to mask who she really was. He also took care of her wounds, kept her fed and provided her with company, though cold and silent. He was not gentle. Nor was he particularly kind. But he was there. And his attention to her training was more attention than she’d ever received from anyone.

When she was 12 or so, her master took her before a far older man. The man could change his form, however, and showed this by looking like other people. Each of them were old and brittle as he was. He spoke an odd language that she’d never heard. Her master spoke the same language. Her master tied her down, even if she willingly allowed him. The shape changer then laid on top of her. His sunken, aged eyes looking down at her with approval. She didn’t know what was going on. Suddenly a pain entered her. The man too gasped and groaned. Then another. She cried out in pain. The old shape changer too let out a yell like a woman as he changed into one. Spike after spike was being driven into both of them. Her master pushing them through and into her. With each she cried louder, and the shape changer’s form morphed and writhed. She soon passed out from the pain.

When she woke, she felt strange. She was fully healed. No wounds visible on her at all. She was also… different. Her skin was darker. Her hair was longer and black. She looked like the older man though far removed from the venerable age she’d seen earlier. The body of the man sat in the corner and appeared to have been dead for days though he looked different than he had earlier. But she knew him for what he was immediately. As if she could see his body and the many forms he could take, some of which were now her own.

That’s when she became a shape changer herself. The ability passed on from one to another. All she learned of such was that she was called a Kandra. Her master added learning the new abilities she’d acquired to her training. All this to make her a refined tool for his purposes. He taught her how to use the abilities to change into the other forms given to her by her Kandra sire.

By this time she was taking tasks that involved sabotage, espionage, various thefts and even abduction. Her master spoke to her about how the world was dark and twisted and that the only way to cleanse the world of its impure was to destroy them. He used her as a tool to turn these impure against each other. Or to turn them to their own cause.

Nearly a decade later, at a presumed age of twenty, the young woman whose mother once called her Laurel, walks into Westgate. This time she is alone without her master. This time she is given a different type of task. This time she is to kill. Oh, she’d killed before. Guards, other targets when necessary. But never needed to kill as a goal. To make killing the point of her mission. Now, she is to be an assassin.

Darth Ultron
2017-04-03, 12:14 PM
Nice backstory. I think ''abstract'' does fit the character.

For home city...how about: None. She was born somewhere, sure, but she does not know where. And she lived as a roof rat, everywhere...from time to time doing that service on merchant ships and going to other cities and towns. Never staying in one place too long, always liking the change in scenery.

How did you want to handle getting assaination jobs? If your master is else where, do you want a contact in the city or want to be alone?

An Amy
2017-04-03, 12:39 PM
I guess the idea is that he gave her the instructions already. Perhaps he sent her with all the details and that she is going to have to do this alone. Originally, she knew that her master had other students or disciples, whatever they were called. She was one of his favorites if not the favorite. So contacts could be used to communicate with her further. I guess this would be her stepping out on her own though.

We could go with whatever for her home city, the traveling type. I would think, though, that after her brother disappeared, the traveling stopped. She'd not want to pick up and move somewhere else for fear of missing his return. She was very dependent at that age and he was in his teens at the time (sorry I didn't go into that detail...). So, at some point, she had a city, the one her brother was last seen in and where she met her master. Oh, her master's name was originally Tehg, but that was also a banished name from his race, which was homebrew. He was an outcast. But since that race doesn't exist, he could really be anything or from anywhere. His motives are entirely up to you. Eventually she's going to have a change of alignment and all, which means more than likely betraying him somehow or just up and leaving without word. So it may come into conflict later on, obivously.

Darth Ultron
2017-04-04, 12:06 AM
This is where we get to the tricky part I mentioned. There are two ways to go:

1. You alone make up everything, and tell me everything, so I can start the game using all that information. And you need to agree to not bring up ''forgotten'' information in the days and weeks ahead.

Or

2.Your willing to start the game and let me make up things as the game goes along and agree to just accept whatever is made up.

Like I said...it's tricky. You have a vision, but as soon as you share it the 'vision' won't be 100% yours anymore. I'm not sure how you have done shared storytelling before, so it might be a bit of a clash.

An Amy
2017-04-04, 08:13 AM
Well the only things I'd really like to keep about her story are the following:
1: She has a brother who took care of her after their mother died. Father was never known to her but her brother spoke of him as if he respected the man at one point though he'd never explain what happened. Neither would her mother.
2: Her master is not a Kandra/changling himself. He's a powerful monk with some other abilities she doesn't know fully. He once belonged to an order of monks that protected others and defended peace, but he saw them as ineffective, passive and apathetic. He sought, or at least talked about in his 'teachings' that order and peace can be attained by removing those that are twisted and corrupt and impure. He recruits members to his cause (or cult) for the purposes of toppling corruption. His motivations are typically politically minded, as are the tasks he hands out. This can be altered though, as his motivations would be yours ultimately.
3: She will have a change of heart at some point in the future and change her alignment.
4: She is not his only disciple but arguably his favorite. There are others that are treated specially as well, though most are older and have been given some autonomy. She doesn't know all of these disciples. Her master is rather brutal in his selection process and only accepts and continues to teach those that prove consistently their devotion. Thus he doesn't have minions or lackeys en masse, but a handful of highly-skilled individuals. This doesn't mean he doesn't have contacts or use others for his means.

I don't look at this game as a snapshot of her story but rather an alternate universe, a reimagining or what have you. So, you can change even the above if you want and the rest is entirely up to you. I'd like the above to stay, simply because it helps make the character what I like about her. #3 is by far the most important. Her story is a sort of redemption story though we don't have to approach that anytime soon.

Darth Ultron
2017-04-04, 12:23 PM
Ok, sounds good. I don't see the need to change anything, just need a point to build off of.

The land entry into Westgate is through a massive set of wooden doors, as high as the massive stone walls of the city, at least fifty feet high for the walls, maybe thirty feet for the doors. Plenty of guards in chainmail are around the gates, and dozens of people are passing in an out of the city at any give moment.

A young female human, in plain brown commoner clothing sees you and walks over...

Amara Raat "Greeting and well met, I'm Amara Ratt, I was told to expect you and lead you to the dragon. I hope you had a good trip. "

An Amy
2017-04-04, 01:10 PM
I also updated my sheet to include some forms she has right now. No levels drained or anything like that, just some basic forms she can use since being what she is she would have no natural form anymore. She usually keeps an eye out for forms that she thinks looks like how she used to appear or what she might have grown into. The first form mentioned on the sheet is the form she thinks of as her own. I also had written into the backstory the concept that the forms may even age with her. I'm not sure how you might want to rule that. Perhaps the forms age naturally depending on the form's age or her own age. Or it could just mean that as a Kandra reaches the end of its life, all its forms are aged. Maybe a signal to them to pass on their ability if they want.

The elven woman that once called herself Shaiel moves towards then through the gate. She stops upon spotting the common approaching. This person obviously was waiting for her. Must know what to look for.

"It was acceptable," the elven woman says as she looks this Amara Ratt up and down. Looking, first, for evidence of weapons and then valuables. Then anything else to place descriptors such as wealthy, impoverished, educated, etc. A mental file is created with her face and description. She begins to fill the mental file. Like growing a plant. Little shoots and leaves forming out of the air with information written on the leaves.

She checks the guards as well, looking at their stature and stances. Already trying to gauge their overall skill and familiarity with their weapons and armor. Always taught to imagine a battlefield, she plays at a combat scenario in her mind. Perhaps with that guard there. The one that looks older. He stands with confidence and his eyes look over the crowd. As if he knows what to look for. Quickly dismissing that which he feels is not an issue. Honing in on what experience has told him is worth his attention. Optimizing his efforts. Yes... that one...

"Lead the way."

Darth Ultron
2017-04-04, 09:58 PM
As a shapeshifter that copies people, you really can't have the forms age. Laurel is physically 20, but can shapeshift into a persons form of any age. Like at 20, would that mean you could only shift into forms of about age 20? If a form got older, it would not be a copy....and every time the shapeshift was done it would ''reset'' the form to the base copy. But then ''the age look'' is not always obvious...some people look old/young no matter their number age.

And, in general, there is not much reason to keep a form for years...you could, but there is no reason to.

A better way to show age is simply having trouble shapeshifting...and when that one days comes when you can't shapeshift anymore, you know the end is near.

Amara Ratt has no weapons visible, and nothing of value either. All she has is her clothing. She pretty much looks common: no make up and no jewelry. Her eyes do have a bit of gleam of intelligence, and you'd assume she can't be too common or simple as she seems.

Most of the guards look bored and uninterested. There is the typical mix of old, middle aged and young...though they all blend together as guards. The guards weapons, while not exactly new, don't look very used. They are quite clean and well maintained, as if they had plenty of time to do that(or maybe orders).

Amara Raat "This way"

Amara Raat leads you down a couple streets and eventually to a massive four story tall wooden building with a large sign out front: The Gold Dragon Gambling Hall.

An Amy
2017-04-05, 07:11 AM
I would imagine that the form ages with her as she ages. In such that if she keeps the form, it naturally ages at the same rate that she does. And whatever age the form was at the time, it starts at that age and progresses from there. So if she's 20, but assumes the form of a 9-year old child, five years later should she have kept the form around, she'll be 25 and the form will be 14. The form of a 60-year old grandmother would be 65 in the same time span. Perhaps a form gets too old to change into and she can't use it anymore? Was that what you meant by the form just stops working if its age gets too old? Or was it that when any kandra nears the natural end of their life they find shapeshifting problematic all together? Also, the "copy" happens at one point, does it not? If the person is still alive and they get a horrible, deforming scar after the copy, would the copy get it as well or would the copy remain "hers"? Ultimately that's up to you though and in whatever other mysteries lie with this ability of hers that perhaps she only knows very little about. Such as right now she probably doesn't know about draining levels and skills and has only been using it as a form of disguise perfection.

The reason why she'd keep a form around is due to the roles she's assumed. She can have built up these "characters" that some people know and trust, sometimes that could take years. I'm not saying she'd got a form right now that she's kept around for years except perhaps the one form that she feels is her own or as close to what she imagines herself to be. She'd grow attached to that form. Having aged with it.

The elven woman follows Amara, curious as to the woman's role. She thinks back on the memory of having been told of the task ahead, the details... begins to form plans and consider the investments she'll have to make in Westgate in order to accomplish her goal. Will it be a long con? Will it be short and simple. She figures that it's not something that can be accomplished in just a night. Or a week.

Darth Ultron
2017-04-05, 07:54 AM
Well as your body changes into a form copy, how would it ''age''? The form would only ''age'' if you wore it all the time for years. It really gets odd to say the ''shapeshifter body gets old and that makes the form copies look older'', as how would you know exactly what a person looked like years later. And if it is a more general age effect, it just ruins the copy anyway.

In any case a copy would be a one time thing....you copy Zena at 18 and that is the form forever. Twenty years later, if you kept the form, it would still be 18 year old Zena. Though, you could just ''update'' the form. But your ''copy of Zena'' and the ''real Zena'' would never age and look exactly the same after 20 years. And ''age'' is not even the only factor as there is just ''life''. Some people at 18 are 300 pounds, and when you see them 20 years later they are 175 pounds....that is not ''age changing them'', that is a ''life style change''. And that 98 pound cheerleader form high school quite often becomes a 250 pound ''hot mama'', but again it's not exactly age that adds 200 pounds. After all Ned was 135 in high school, and 20 years later he is only 151...and so forth.

And in a general sense the copy you have stored would not update it self when things happen to the original. Like say poor Zena just a week after you copy her, gets a huge scar on her face from a fight. You would have no idea it even happened, unless you met with her everyday(and then you could update your copy).

The Gold Dragon Gambling Hall is closed, but Amara Raat opens the door with a small iron key. The main floor has all sorts of gambling tables and other games..all dark and quiet. Amara heads right for the stairs in the back of the room and goes upward, by passing the second floor and heading up to the third and stopping at the door there that says ''private''. and she knocks softly.

An Amy
2017-04-05, 08:41 AM
That makes good sense. We can go with that. One of the reasons I thought about that is the long-term forms she might use and characters she might have developed. Say, a shapeshifter wants to take the place of a king and does so successfully. Would it be odd that the king does not age? Perhaps that forces the kandra to keep the king alive somewhere and relatively healthy so as to be able to update the form. I can't see Laurel doing that, so she may not actually have any long-term, highly invested personas except with those that naturally age slowly, such as Elves. She could keep an elven form for decades and few would notice.

Also, a move silently. [roll]1d20+8[roll]

She follow silently. Habit makes her look about the room and analyze exits. She imagines the various forms of hers at the time lounging about at different places. The personalities she's developed for each responding to an illusory crowd each in a different way. Up the stairs, she makes a point to be silent in doing so. Not for any other reason than to continually practice. Wooden stairs are often the bane of any would-be thief. It's these small things that she keeps to in order to stay sharp. Her master always told her to take every convenient opportunity to train. As long as it does not jeopardize a task.

An Amy
2017-04-05, 08:59 AM
[roll0] Also borrowing on the whole Mistborn+Kandra thing, the spikes that were used to stab through the former kandra into Laurel are metal of varying types. Perhaps Pewter, brass, copper

Darth Ultron
2017-04-05, 08:04 PM
A voice inside the room call to enter, and you enter into a large office living room. A fat human male gets up from behind a desk and walks over. He is wearing fancy clothing, and plenty of jewelry, and is well groomed. He is armed with a pair of daggers, and a sword is over by the desk.

Talask Daisuke "This is her? Well met, I'm Talask Daisuke, owner and operator of the dragon here. I'm glad to be of service. The whole fourth floor is yours, do to it what you will. Amara Raat here is my hireling, she can take care of any common thing you might need. Anything uncommon, well feel free to ask me.

I'm told you should take a look at the slate upstairs on the table.

Other then that, I have nothing, other then to say welcome to Westgate. Any questions or concerns?

An Amy
2017-04-06, 06:58 AM
A private room on the third floor of an inn set as an office... peculiar. Most offices people keep are on the first floor so as to avoid the stairs. The higher up, the less desirable a location. The fourth floor will provide privacy, but the whole fourth floor? Such the task and operation must require such. She wonders how well she could trust these people. But she also needs to know how much they know. To gauge how dangerous they could be. Amara is already more than she seems. Would this Talask be any different?

"None at this time," she said. An elven haughtiness thick off her tongue. "And if you've none for me, I will above."

She waits but a breath before turning and leaving the room. She plans to walk the entirety of the fourth floor. Look out various windows. Analyze the stairs. Find an access to the roof if possible. Get a sense of the building's placement in relation to its neighbors. The alleys below... various other inspections to gain familiarity with her new surroundings. It's not an inn... but a gambling hall. Talask certainly showed he was not an unwealthy man. Perhaps the establishment is only open closer to the evening. She can imagine, however, that such a place might want to stay in business as long as possible. Make them forget how long time has passed. There may not be competition, however. Exclusivity by an arbitrary and false paucity could drive up interest and longing. Gambling is quite possibly one of the most profitable addictions with the least legal prohibitions.

Immediately after her inspection, she then settles into a room and reads the tablet.

Darth Ultron
2017-04-06, 12:18 PM
Talask Daisuke "I have nothing more, I will see you when I see you." He turns away as you leave the room and heads back over to the desk.

The stairs lead up to the forth floor of the building. A ladder is at the small landing at the top of the stairs leading up to a door in the ceiling and a door in the wall to the outside. Outside is a long wood stairway going down the whole back of the building, with a door at each floor to the alley in the back of the building. The other door opens into the fourth floor. The floor is one room, mostly a living room/office, much like the third floor. About a third of the north end of the room is a sleeping area with a bed. There are a total of six, glassless, windows with cloth curtains and wooden shutters: one window on the front and back wall (north and south) and two windows on the longer wall (east to west).

The room has a bed, chest, three empty bookshelves, three sitting chairs, and an empty clothing rack. And the table, where a small one foot square black slate with a wood frame sits, with a large piece of white chalk next to it. Written on the slate is ''are you there yet?" in chalk.

An Amy
2017-04-06, 12:56 PM
I am she writes under the question using the chalk.

She opens her pack and removes some of the few items she carried with her: coin purse, makeup kit, mirror. She has enough coin that she can acquire other necessities. Including additional weapons, though her kukri and punching dagger should suffice for a while. She is not planning on killing anyone without ultimately having to. Well... actually, she was tossing around the idea of establishing a persona. Taking over someone's life that is local. Was planning on that... no longer. Or she is going to hold off on that plan until she has a better idea of the scope of the task she's being assigned.

Darth Ultron
2017-04-06, 06:26 PM
The words on the slate erase themselves.

Good. This will be your base for the foreseeable future. Your first target is Yosef Zamani. writes on the slate, then erase themselves.

You can contact me by this magic, should you have any questions. writes on the slate, then erase themselves.

An Amy
2017-04-06, 09:23 PM
She expected the board to do just that. And when it happens, she smiles in a bit triumphantly for having guessed correctly. Yosef Zamani. She commits the name to memory and then begins to write back. It's a cryptic message for anyone else but her master. He should immediately know as well that she's testing the authenticity of the words. If it is her master with the other piece of chalk, then he'll know the answer.

How many did it take? How many blows did she take back when she was a child, how many did he deliver to her before he made up his mind to instead train her? She knows the number well: twenty. It's always stuck with her; in part because her master never let her forget it. And upon her 20th birthday, he lets her go. A significant number for her. More so now.

Darth Ultron
2017-04-07, 07:29 AM
The words on the slate erase themselves, but nothing is written.

Guess I'm not sure about your style of side seat DMing here. As your asking for the answer to a question I don't know or see in your back story. So if I make up a number like ''99'' are you just going to say whatever ever number I guess is right and we can continue the game or do you have a ''secret number'' in mind that if I don't guess you will say ''wrong'' and derail the game and stop playing?

An Amy
2017-04-07, 08:35 AM
No, I totally missed putting the expected number in my post. The number was 20 and the 20th birthday comment was a reference back to the missing number. I've adjusted the post to where her thoughts should have given you the answer she's looking for. The goal is to just verify she is communicating with who she believes she is: her master. So I came up with something arbitrary that wouldn't really have any impact on anything you'd have come up with for this adventure/scenario/arc. If you have this person on the other side of the chalk as her master, then he'd answer or would know the answer is 20. Sorry about that. But she'd do something to verify she's speaking with the right person. She may be excited about her first assassination, but she wants to make sure it's done right. It's also the first time she's been away from her master and having to use some other forum for communication.

Darth Ultron
2017-04-07, 11:59 AM
After a good long pause, a very small ''x'' is made and then followed by another ''x''

that was almost my guess

Master writes in sneaky ''roman''

An Amy
2017-04-07, 12:06 PM
She takes back up the chalk and writes on it:
Any particular method?

Then she caps the two XX markings as is normal for the Thayan numerals.
Totally don't know if Thay does that. But they're evil. And it's evil to enforce the use of numerals like that.

Darth Ultron
2017-04-07, 12:15 PM
The slate erases itself.

Such things do not matter, only death.

The slate erases itself.

The cause supersedes such mundane things

The slate erases itself.

An Amy
2017-04-07, 01:23 PM
With the knowledge that the death is all that matters, the elven woman finds a suitable hiding place for the tablet. There are a lot of questions she can think to ask. This building's proprietor, does he know about her abilities?
How connected to the cause is this man? And his assistant dressed for misdirection? But she withholds from asking these things. These are questions she should be able to find the answers to herself without relying upon someone else for them. This was the first time she was sent out alone. Well, she usually worked alone but with her master in the same city. Now, he is further away. Only his knowledge is nearby via questions written to a tablet.

From there, she heads out to acquire the needed materials and supplies to accomplish her task along with finding some basic information about the person she's been sent there to assassinate.

How much gold does she have available to her?

Darth Ultron
2017-04-07, 09:48 PM
The standard 3,000 gold.

An Amy
2017-04-09, 11:59 AM
First, she's going to try and find out more about her target. Peruse the city and also find some shops that sell magical items. Venture in and get an idea of the various items she can acquire. A plan develops to see about robbing smaller shops in order to legitimately purchase magic items. Magic shops tend to have tougher traps. Best to leave those shops alone for the time being.

To start, she'll change into a half-ling. This female half-ling form has short brown hair and large brown eyes. The name that came with this form is Lenny. It was supposedly short for something, but the woman forgets what it was if she ever knew. It's a favorite form of hers to take when walking about a city unassuming. Just browsing around. But not when asking questions. For now, she's just listening to conversation. Perhaps to happen upon the name of her target in passing conversation. Or when hearing the latest gossip. Yosef Zomani. When she leaves the fourth floor by way of the back stairs, she does so as Lenny. When she returns, she'll do so as Lenny.

Tying up her pants and folding back her tunic, she adjusts her clothing to the newer size. New slippers. Pull the belt tighter. The clothes are otherwise nondescript. Plain earth tones. Nothing fancy. Loose fitting for a halfling, but not surprising given that not all tailors have cuts ready for those of the shorter sizes. Traveling half-lings are used to adapting fuller-sized clothes to fit their needs and statures. Just the nature of being a hip-hugger.

Not sure what rolls you may want. What she wants to find out:
Magic shops and the items some magic shops carry. She'll be interested in things that can help her climb or hide or help her see in the dark.
For Yosef Zomani, she's going to just listen and gather information that way, not actively asking people and buying them drinks to get them to loosen their tongues. Eves dropping more than anything.
Gather Information Items/Shops [roll0]
Gather Information Yosef Zomani [roll1]
Listen to overhear conversations of interest [roll2] [roll3]

Darth Ultron
2017-04-09, 01:25 PM
Depends a bit on what you want.

I think the social information skills are made for the casual roll player that only wants to do combat and does not want to waste any time role playing(or thinking).

But if you want to do it that way: roll, have the DM tell you information, then have combat, loot and repeat. That is fine with me.

Wonder Street is easy to find. Imryth Tower & potion shop and Mintassan's House & shop are two wizard homes with ground floor shops.

Gondeth's Mageries sells magical supplies and small items.

Elixir Emporium is an alchemy shop.

The Antique Gremlin is a basic magic shop.

Browsing the shops you find only simple cantrip magic items, with anything else made to order for special customers.

Yosef Zomani is a fisherman, owner of one of the big fishing boats. Heads out every day and often brings in a good catch. He is a hard man to work for, but is fair.

An Amy
2017-04-09, 01:35 PM
The information gathering process can be tedious and most likely not to encounter any interesting NPCs. Besides, she's just walking around and listening or walking in stores and browsing without buying anything answering "just trying to find out what I want to save up for" as an answer to "do you need any help?" So, yeah she's being rather boring at the moment...

On the starting Gold, 3k for her various equipment that she has right now. Any gold cap on something magical? A ring of sustenance is a good way to get around a buttload of micromanaging hunger/thirst stuff. :D

The several stores in mind now, she catches word that Yosef is a fisher. And not a small-time fisher at that. His hauls are pretty good. She's unsure of the motivation to have Yosef killed... why a fisher? What could that gain anyone? Well, it might not be a gain for anyone but a competitor. Or something else perhaps related to any range of other offenses he might have given at one point. Regardless, she knows more about her target now. It is time to get some better information. The first things that pops up in her mind as a way to have Yosef killed is while he's out at sea. But that's too dangerous. He's used to life on boats and on water. She'd have not only need to get the upper hand on him but also be at a disadvantage. And out to sea at the time. Scratch that off the list. It then cures out to be something that will require his home. Knowledge of how he passes between home and work.

She looks to the sky to gauge about what the time of day is and if Yosef's boat might be returning from the docks. She suspects he probably already returned. Having grown up in a port, fishers like to come in well before dark. Evening markets want fresh catches. Unless he goes out multiple times. An early morning run and one in the afternoon. Question will be how much day she has left to get away with. Hunger also begins to set in for her own self...

Darth Ultron
2017-04-09, 02:10 PM
If you want to roll past the role playing that is up to you, just hope you magically know when to stop rolling before an interesting NPC, item or event comes up.

No individual item limit.

You entered the city of Westgate in the morning, and it's only about high sun now.

Make a gather information roll to find the nearest place that sells food. A simple meal costs one silver coin.

An Amy
2017-04-09, 04:59 PM
If something interesting is supposed to happen, I trust you'll interrupt me. ^^
Gather information for the eatery [roll0]
Gather information for more information on Yosef [roll1]

To get the hunger out of the way, the half-ling makes her way to a nearby place to gather food, making sure to keep 1sp ready to drop for the meal. In the process of acquiring a meal, she'll also ask about Yosef, feeling somewhat comfortable that she's asking more about a local fisher than of a visiting dignitary or a local noble. Given that he's also a bit hard to work for but lucrative for an employee, anyone seeking to work with him wouldn't be out of place asking questions.

Darth Ultron
2017-04-09, 07:25 PM
The nearby eatery is easy to find.

Yosef Zomani sells fish, and sometimes other sea creatures. His prices are a bit above average, but he does offer a bit more quality. He will sell to anyone with the coin.

An Amy
2017-04-09, 10:56 PM
The half-ling inquires of the place she's eating if they purchase any fish that come from Yosef Zomani's boats. If not, is there a place that's known for their fish and seafood meals. She'll claim to be a lover of fish, which isn't far from the truth, and that she's seeking out interesting places to eat.

Bluff if needed [roll0]

Darth Ultron
2017-04-10, 07:13 AM
Galena Fourfish "Oh yes, I buy at least one catch from him a day. I don't go for the high end stuff, mostly I just send my son Remirin to buy the bottom of the barrel stuff. Really, it's just as good as the fancy fish they put the wax on and sell for three times as much. " She points to a young 20 something human male who is cutting up some fish behind her in the stall.

An Amy
2017-04-10, 08:26 AM
"Oh, I might'a be int'rested in speaking to him. Maybe if'n I get you a nice fish, you'cn serve it up like was it I just had. Oh, sprigs it was!"

She hopes the compliment is understood for the most part. She pays a silver to the lady and stands to leave. Her eyes find the woman's son, however. Eyeing the lad... judging the look. She finds herself curious about what it would be like as that boy. Wonders what she could do. That's one avenue, at least. One strategy. Impersonate the boy. Get close and kill him. It would be public, and everyone would believe the boy did it. They would see the boy do it. Then she'd get away and sometime not too long later the boy's body would be found. Well... the young man's body. He is hardly a boy. Roughly her age. Or, at least, what she thinks her age is. Twenty... she is sure about her count. But there was a time when she didn't keep up with such numbers.

Just one silver. No need to be memorable with too much of a tip.

With that she heads off to the docks and begins looking around getting an eye of the comings and goings. Smiling pleasantly at those that look at her. She's going to find someone that fits Yosef's description, but she's not going to draw any more attention to herself than that. Hanging out for short periods of time. She's also going to keep a look out for children. Find out what the children do in the city. Are there orphans? Street rats? Roof rats? Dock rats? Or just any children in general, even those that have homes and are just playing in the streets.

Darth Ultron
2017-04-10, 12:00 PM
The Westdocks are a huge operation with ships, cargo and people everywhere. It's a massive, chaotic mess with everyone out for themselves. There are plenty of smaller merchant ships in the harbor, and a couple large ones. About a third of the ships are being unloaded, about a third are being loaded, and the last third have no activity. About half of the ships are having some sort of repairs done.

A set of mostly empty docks marks the berths of the fishing fleet. Just about all of them are out still fishing, you only see a handful of boats docked. Yosef Zomani is nowhere to be seen.

Plenty of children, from just able to walk to teens run and play about the docks and area. Maybe a fourth of them have nice, sturdy clothing and looks well fed and mostly groomed. The other three fourths of the children have torn mismatched clothing or little more then a couple rags, are lean or even skeletal, and are an over all mess.

An Amy
2017-04-10, 12:46 PM
She's going to roam a little bit more and then find a place to hide somewhere. Alley or what not. Somewhere she feels she won't be seen. Then she's going to change into the form of a child. Her goal is to go about acting as any of the children. Playing with friends among the docks are just being present. At least to anyone paying children any mind. She's going to wait there until she might catch sight of Yosef. If it all fails, she'll at least get a better idea of how the docks operate and the rate of ships. Also, that woman's son from the fish stall will eventually buy something from Yosef. Most likely tomorrow morning.

Darth Ultron
2017-04-11, 06:40 AM
The kids accept the newcomer easy enough, and play continues. No one notices the kids all that much, other then to yell at them to get out of the way from time to time.

The docks are pure chaos and it is hard to tell what is going on, and you doubt anyone else does either. There are lots of arguments and plenty of fist fights.

About an hour past mid day, lots of empty wagons show up on the docks, making a massive cluster. And not to long after that, fishing boats start to come in and dock. Most of the boats don't seem to have much of a catch, but it's quickly bought and sold right from the boat. Wagons are filled, more trading is done, thieves steal and guards chase, and life on the dock goes on.

The kids all move over to an open spot on an empty dock, and play and wait. Soon enough a large fishing boat docks, but no wagons come to meet it. The crew unloads the ship themselves onto their own small carts. Then a human female comes over nearby the kids and sets down a net full of fish and walks away. One of the older boys picks up the net bundle and starts handing out fish to the others.

Then another large fishing boat docks in the next dock over....with Yosef Zomani on it.

An Amy
2017-04-11, 09:14 AM
Want a hat of disguise...

The child continues to play with the other children while keeping an eye on the docks. The task proves to be futile a the docks have some form of patterned chaos. Everyone seems to know where things go or at least how to look out for the frequent changes and disorganization. Not something she is going to be able to replicate anytime soon. Instead, she just focuses on blending in and keeping an eye out for Yosef. In a way, she gets distracted by the play. Enjoying the time that is far more innocent than anything she had as a child. It's quite fun to do such a thing: impersonate a child and go about acting like one. Liberating to break free of the social expectations of a fully-grown adult woman. Or elf, for that matter. In a way, the play reminds her of what she had to do to obtain the child's form. At least she feels that... somewhat. The children around her are tools but as a group to blend into. She doesn't look at each one as a potential new body to copy like she does with a lot of other people.

When the older boy hands over the fish, she takes it just like any of the other children and continues to blend in. Following the lead of the others. That is until Yosef's ship arrives and the target of her task makes himself known. She'll continue to remain with the children while keeping an eye on Yosef. She wants to eventually follow the man, but in the meantime hopes that the children remain long enough for Yosef to head home. Otherwise she's going to have to find a hiding spot.

Darth Ultron
2017-04-11, 12:28 PM
The kids move away from the docks and head to spots where they can clean and cook their fish. It's easy to tell they have been doing this for some time, as even the younger ones seem to know what they are doing.

Yosef Zomani orders around his workers with a loud voice and they all obey quickly. He fills small carts and buckets and sends workers running off. They return and give him small bags, get more and run off again. Yosef Zomani is loud, but only yells every so often. A couple large wagons show up to take large hauls, then they sell off what is left cheap.....this is where you see show up with two empty wooden buckets and he buys enough fish, guts and other slop to fill them.

With all the food gone, Yosef Zomani spends the next couple hours directing the cleaning of the boat, repairs, and other tasks. Finlay he gathers all the workers, pays them and send s them off. Yosef Zomani and six others remain and close up the boat, then the group heads right for the Foul Fish Tavern and eatery.

Why? You can change shapes...lol

An Amy
2017-04-12, 01:08 PM
Wow, don't know where my post went, thought I put it up.
Disguise self can change her clothing. Her shapechange ability can't do that. It can also alter small things about her, like hair color. Or make her look like something unique that she's never copied before. Massively expands her disguise potential. Her shapechange ability is physical and not illusory, so it beats out disguise self in that she can do it any time without needing anything. And when she drains a level or so, that'll be priceless. Oh,
she needs to find a wizard so she can get access to arcane spells.

Also, some hide checks and a bluff if needed
Hide [roll0]
Hide [roll1]
Bluff or something [roll2]

She stays within sight of the docks to wait for Yosef to show up. When the man finally does, she moves away from the other children, passing along reasonable explanations for doing so and then leaving her fish with them. Taking up a spot nearly she idly sits and plays at jumping around or occupying herself as a child would all while remaining within sight of her target. When they leave finally to head off to a tavern, she follows passively and does not enter the tavern at all. It must be a place where they frequent. Yosef may very well be a man of habit. From the tavern he's likely to part ways with his companions or soon after at least. He'll be alone at some point on his way back to his home.

Finding a place to hide, she musters patience and staves off hunger... and thirst... to wait. Well, no, the men are probably going to be in there a good while. Once hidden, she releases the ties on her clothes and changes into the adult human male. Rough looking man with unkempt hair greased with the days hard work, pock marked and scarred. He turns the shirt inside out to where another color and some other sewn in pockets are visible. Then he moves his jaw about hums low to get used to the sound of his voice in his head. Clears his throat.

The man innocuously emerges from hiding as if standing up from having perhaps taken a short nap. Then he goes into the tavern with the intention of getting something to drink and a bit of food while keeping a passive eye on his target. There's no need to snoop. He's waiting for Yosef to leave. Caring about conversation only if it can be easily overheard.

Darth Ultron
2017-04-13, 07:16 AM
Yosef Zomani and his group are in the tavern for hours. A couple of the other men go and a couple more come and everyone has a good time. They eat and drink and carry on. The tavern owner seems to be a friend and joins in, and is quick to refill mugs and take coins. The tavern keepers wife mostly stays at the bar.

Eventually two young girls, in their early teens come into the tavern and playfully start to push and pull on Yosef Zomani. He playfully fights back as his friends laugh at him.....but soon enough the two girls escort Yosef Zomani from the tavern and down the street. Yosey stumbles a bit and leads on them for support, and the three of them walk until they get to a medium sized house and go inside.

An Amy
2017-04-13, 10:12 AM
Can you describe the area around the house? How far from neighbors are they? Assumed inside the city walls. How dark are the streets and passages around the house.

Darth Ultron
2017-04-13, 12:27 PM
The house is a typical three floor ''middle class'' house in the city. Narrow and tall, and built right on top of each other. Each house on the street is only about a foot from the houses next to it, with a small dirt path between them. Each house is behind another house, and there is a small open space of ten feet or so there..and it almost makes a court yard behind all the houses..except the only way to it is through a house ( or squeezing between two of them)

The houses have no side windows, on the sides that face the other houses, and only have large glassless windows in the front an back. Each house has a front and back door.

Across the street are the smaller, 2-3 room one floor houses and more apartment like clumps.

An Amy
2017-04-13, 04:59 PM
Finding a place to hide, the man changes back into the little girl. Fixing up her clothing once more, the girl emerges and begins to squeeze through the gap between the two houses to get to the rear all the while listening as what what might be going on in the house she's interested in. Once in the back, she just gets a better idea of what's back there. Other ways in, what kind of windows there are, the type of locks on the doors. So perhaps those girls are his daughters. Two young girls have no problem walking to a tavern to get their father. Must not be too dangerous... Or they are just that well known. Rather, he is that well known. She wonders if there is a mother and other siblings.

Finally, having gathered some of that information, she leaves and heads back to the Gold Dragon, making sure to stop somewhere along the way and change into a half-ling before going up the outside stairs. As quietly as she can. Once inside, she heads down the inner stairs to find Talask or the other woman, Amara.

Listen [roll0]
Hide/Move Silent [roll1][roll2]
Hide/Move Silent [roll3][roll4]

Darth Ultron
2017-04-14, 02:39 PM
Lots of typical family like noises come out of the windows of the house: kids laughing and yelling with at least one boy voice, a woman yelling, Yosef Zomani yelling..and often trying to explain things.

The back court yard is dirt with a little grass. The back of the house has two glassless, open shuttered windows on each floor, plus the back door. The lock on the back door looks average.

Now well after dark the Gold Dragon is full of people gambling and drinking and gambling some more.

Amara Raat is sitting on the stairs inside the main floor that go up along with two human males with leather armor and swords.

An Amy
2017-04-14, 03:37 PM
So her first task is to potentially orphan three children and widow a wife. They can have worse fates. They'll survive... as long as she plans it correctly. Knowing where Yosef goes after work and the route he takes home plus his home itself, she'll have a better time planning where exactly the man should be attacked. Hopefully in his home while the man was asleep. The simplest solution. Otherwise there's the potential too much for someone coming to the aid of a man yelling during ambush. And there's no way to guarantee that she'd be able to take him down just yet. She will need to know his capabilities before that kind of plan. For the time being, she knows what next to do.

Returning as the half-ling, she secures her upstairs floor and then changes back into the elf before proceeding down into the Gold Dragon to find either the proprietor or his assistant. Well... she's not sure the woman is his assistant. She's a hireling, so confidence may not be fully established. Still, Daisuke trusted the woman enough to divulge information about the fourth floor, the tablet... perhaps the woman is held in confidence then.

"Amara," the elven woman says as she descends the stairs from above. "Where is your employer?"

Darth Ultron
2017-04-14, 09:02 PM
Amara Raat sits on the stairs looking bored. "Up in his game room. He does private games for special customers. It's a big draw.

What did you need?

An Amy
2017-04-16, 04:28 PM
The elf sits down on a stair above the woman. Her knees together and her elbows resting on her knees. Head in her hands with a thoughtful almost playful posture juxtaposed a calm, nearly indifferent expression. "I may have need of some things. But I want to establish how much you and your employer know about the nature of the situation."

Darth Ultron
2017-04-16, 08:19 PM
Amara Raat "Well, that is an easy question to answer: we don't know anything. Talask is payed to provide things like a room. And he has told me he knows nothing, but not in the arrogant way he has of he does know and is not telling me, but more when he slipped up and admitted he knew nothing for real.

Does that answer your question?"

An Amy
2017-04-16, 08:38 PM
"In a way it does," the elven woman answers and remains silent for a moment longer. "There are a couple things I need to know. Please come see me when you have a chance. Alone. Unless Talask is available, then I'll speak with him. But, I'm not here to interrupt his business. At your conveniences..."

With that she stands to leave unless the woman says anything more.

Darth Ultron
2017-04-17, 07:16 AM
Amara Raat "I'm not busy now. I'm waiting for something to do. So I'm yours. Want to go up to your room?"

Amara Raat walks up a couple stairs.

An Amy
2017-04-17, 09:11 AM
The elven woman leads the way back up to the stairs and just inside her room. "I'm going to need to lock the doors more securely. So, I may modify a little of the door. Before I am done here, I will have it returned to its original state. I need to know some shops that don't ask questions. To buy regular items. And... apothecaries. Who also don't ask questions. And anything that you may know about criminal elements in the city. Are they organized? How many organizations are known? Anything about them that you may know or, rather, that you want to divulge..."

Darth Ultron
2017-04-17, 11:52 PM
Amara Raat "Do as you will to the door or room even. It is all yours to use.

For a general store you want The Adorable Kraken, run by Sinoca Lowshell. She is a tortle and her shop is full of nicknacks from all around the seas. Really, though, she is an independent fence for smugglers and she can get most things, no questions asked. Just show her a sea shell as a sign.

The Dizzy Nymph is a wacky gnome apothecary, and they will do anything if you pay.

The underworld is very organized, the Night Masks rule everything...maybe even rule the city. Of course, no one knows who is a member...you know the whole mask thing. "

An Amy
2017-04-18, 01:39 PM
She nods in appreciation for the answers but then gets contemplative about these masks.

The Night Masks. She wishes her master would have allowed her to get to know the world a little better. Walking into a city with a large and dominating criminal organization. It was like walking into a foreign country intending to do trade without knowing the tax law. She's going to need to find out how the Night Masks operate. It wouldn't be smart to step on their toes. Well, it wouldn't be smart, but if killing Yosef would do just that, then it would be smart to know if doing so was going to injure someone's mood. They may not like it. They may not care. It isn't going to change the outcome. Just how more cautious she's going to need to be.

"How might one go about... joining?" the elven woman asks with a thoughtful expression. A slight exaggeration of her interest as she slips into a more melodic tone usually meant for seduction. A habit that the elf persona does. But Amara Raat is turning out quite helpful and knowledgeable. She obviously is not the common woman she previous dressed as. Everything else about the woman was more sophisticated from the way she spoke to the way she walked. And the elf is keen to pick up those sorts of clues. Especially in women...

Darth Ultron
2017-04-19, 07:12 AM
Amara Raat "Join the Night Masks? I don't really know. No one really even knows who is a member. And anyone can just say they are a member, but if they do so publicly they die in an accident in a couple days. Like I'm not a member, and I don't think Talask is a member...but he could be lying about that, I guess.

It's kind of easy to get their attention, just do some crime. You will get a visit quick enough from a member....then you could ask them.

There are a couple members here gambling......if you want to talk to them."

An Amy
2017-04-19, 09:44 AM
An elven brow raises at the comment. "Don't know who is a member but certain that some are here gambling? It wouldn't do well to just announce my... want for speaking with a mask member. Committing a crime will get their attention but I'd rather not do that. Stepping on established toes is not a good introduction. My business here is important and my cause is absolute. Regardless of what the night masks approve or disapprove. I'd still not want to bust a bilge thinking it was empty. Need to know the knots are there before I pick the bundle... If it's too much... alternatives will need to be arranged. It's best to contact the dock masters before picking moors."

She purposefully tosses in a few dockrat references to see Amara's reaction to them if any. It's not terribly important, but the more she knows of her landlord and his assistant, the better. Trust no one but her master. And always be on guard even then. Assuming that Amara Raat and Talask Daisuke are members of the masks themselves is one thing. Assuming they are plants from her master as some sort of elaborate test of her first solitary task may be going a bit far, even for him. She isn't the best with picking up on deceptive tactics. So, trust no one.

Sense motive on Amara [roll0]

Darth Ultron
2017-04-19, 12:20 PM
Amara Raat does not overly react to anything you said.

Amara Raat "Well, there are a good dozen people here I think might be members, but I don't know for sure.

Take Inuurasha Hirtzel, that woman in the red dress over by the wall. She is a thief, I'm sure she has pocket plenty of things from people in this room. And I'm not the only one that knows. But she gets away with it....somehow....you know like she has friends in the right places.

Really, you might be best to simply avoid the Night Masks, if you can""

An Amy
2017-04-19, 12:36 PM
"It would be my preference to avoid them," the elven woman agrees as she opens the door to let them both back out of her 4th floor rooms, indicating that she got her answers and is done with the conversation for the moment. "You can only truly avoid a snake if you know where not to step. Thank you for your time."

She returns to the room after Amara leaves, locking the door behind her with its rudimentary mechanism. So easily overpowered both in terms if skill and boot. Moving to the table, she removes her torch and pulls off its cover to let the continual flame light her small room. She twists the lid, a cup in a cup, and puts it back on, exposing a slit through which the torchlight can escape. With just enough illumination, she moves to the chalk board once more, retrieving the chalk and writing on its surface.

Yosef soon
Night Masks, problem?

She doesn't wait for an immediate answer. Her master would need to be holding it. Chances are he's doing something else. And so she does as well, getting out one of her lengths of silken rope and knotting it. Yosef's house was tall. Sleeping chambers are probably on higher floors. Which means she may have to climb. Currently the plan is simply to enter while he sleeps and complete the task. If necessary, the woman would die as well. She might as well take out the entire family... they would suffer no doubt. Sure, they could survive. She survived the ordeals that were her life. But... they were not pleasant in the least. And she'd happened upon her master. He called it fate, but she believed it to be pure luck. Yosef's family would not be so lucky.

But no... if they are to survive, they will. If they can survive, they will. They are probably too well known to take as forms. Yosef seems too large a man to subdue easily and quietly to cart him off somewhere and impose as the man. No. The task was simply. The solution should be as well.

She just wants to be sure Yosef had no connections that will be... violently unhappy at his passing.

Darth Ultron
2017-04-20, 07:41 AM
It does take a couple hours but eventually the slate erases itself and ''No, but avoid them if possible.'' is written on it.

An Amy
2017-04-20, 10:05 AM
The elven woman sets the slate off to the side as she is done with her gear and her plan. She plans on investigating the home during the day and getting an idea of how to infiltrate the home in the evening when Yosef retires for the night. Or infiltrate the home earlier in the day and then moving for the kill later one when Yosef is asleep. With the simple plan in her head, and her gear otherwise prepared, the elven woman goes to sleep for the night. When she wakes the next morning, she checks the slate and sees the reply from her master. It's... somewhat troubling. Avoiding the Masks is desireable, yes, but is killing Yosef going to alert them? If so, and her master knew, she would expect him to have said something to that effect. Since he didn't, he either does not know or thinks it inconsequential.

So, avoid the masks. She can do that, she hopes. It also sets the tone in her head to be completely silent in the city. Even... to the point of killing Amara Raat just to keep the anyone alive from knowing the elven woman was ever speaking about the masks. But that may be too much for the time being.

Focusing on the task at hand, she clears the slate, hides the chalk under some unfounded belief that the chalk is also unique and required, and then prepares to leave with only her belt pouch and some coin. She changes into the half-ling before exiting.

Darth Ultron
2017-04-20, 11:50 AM
The Golden Dragon is very quiet in the morning. The main gambling area is still a mess of bits of paper, scraps of food, broken pieces of clay and other such trash. There is no one around.

The city outside is awake early, and all sorts of folks move around starting their days.

An Amy
2017-04-24, 12:45 PM
The half-ling woman takes a stroll around the city. Mostly toward the docks with a route that takes her by Yosef's residence to confirm if the man is, like most fishers, already gone for the day. Stopping by a food stand for a quick bite, she walks toward Yosef's ship to make sure that the man starts his day. And that he's no longer at home and not going to be home for a while. With that satisfied, she returns to the home after finding an alley somewhere and changing into the young human girl. Pulling off a reversal of her clothing once more, she leaves the hiding spot to study the home and its occupants more closely. Do the children go anywhere during the day? Does the wife leave and head out to the fountains or the docks for washing? As the child, she moves toward the rear of the house as well to get an idea of how active it is during the day, if at all. And then neighbors. Anyone that questions the child being there will get some overly apologetic street rat-like response for waiting to see if a friend will come out to play or hanging around for a chance meeting with a nice person that gave the homeless sod a coin two days ago. Hoping to have some repeat generosity.

With the morning sorted out, she finds a way back to an elf and looks up the shop mentioned to her by Amara. Oh... wait, wasn't there some sort of requirement for that shop? A seashell? Well, she'll find one later. She's not going there for anything too illicit. Actually, nothing illicit at all. Just a chest and more rope. A chest large enough to hold a person while standing if somewhat stooped.

Various checks if needed:
Hide [roll0]
Move Silent[roll1]
Listen [roll2]
Spot [roll3]
Bluff [roll4]

Darth Ultron
2017-04-25, 07:33 PM
Yosef Zomani is not at home and his ship is not at the dock when you look.

The woman and children stay in and around the house, mostly doing chores...though the children sneak in plenty of play time. Only the two oldest girls leave the house from time to time with a wooden basket, and return later with something in the basket like a loaf of bread or other item.

The neighboring houses with children follow much the same pattern. Other houses are empty and quiet all day.

No one in the neighborhood even looks twice at a child on the street or anywhere else.

The Adorable Kraken has plenty of rope 50 feet for a gold. And sea chests of all sizes....a large wooden chest big enough for a man is 45 gold and weighs 250 pounds (empty).

An Amy
2017-04-26, 06:48 AM
How many members of the household are there in a final count?

Darth Ultron
2017-04-26, 12:21 PM
2 adults: Yosef Zomani and his wife.
2 older almost teen girls
3 young boys 5-10
No pets that you can see or hear

An Amy
2017-04-27, 01:34 PM
Throughout part of the morning, she gets an idea of the size of the Zomani family. None will pose a problem for the young girl except. Or the rough-looking man she intends to be when completing her task. Yosef himself could pose a risk. Perhaps the wife if she secretly leads a double life or used to have a more adventurous one before her family life; though, she would expect to have picked up on some hint of that.

Her form being perfect for surveying in the neighborhood, she attempts to befriend any children playing in the street as well during her time surveying the home. Eventually, she wants to find a way to sneak into the back and check how easy it would be to climb the house. She needs to get in and doesn't want to risk the front or back doors especially at night when she can't be sure of who is where. A window seems a good decision, but she's never been one for climbing despite having gear for it. Her master always frowned at her aversion to it. And here she is trying to make him proud by considering it even when he isn't there. She could just ambush him on the way back to his house, but she'd rather the more personal touch such as a home invasion. The family would be fine given the neighborhood. Though, without Yosef's income, they'd likely be homeless. But if they were strong, they'd survive. Unless they became her next tasks.

She shakes her head of those thoughts and waits until half the day is gone. This should give her a good idea of the street and the surrounding structures. Perhaps even the pattern of guards and their patrol paths. The alleys she can hide in. The small nooks where a child could vanish if need be.

With information gathered, unless she's befriended one of Yosef's own children, she heads somewhere she can change back into a elf and proceeds to visit the Adorable Kraken. She goes to hand over the coin for the chest but stops...

"Do you perhaps have a cart that can be borrowed? I'm afraid I couldn't get this very far."

Darth Ultron
2017-05-01, 07:24 AM
Each house on the street has the same 'half alley' between them to the courtyards in the back. Only big enough for a slim adult human or a child to squeeze through. The guard patrols are random, but a guard group walks down the street at least every 20 minutes or so. Often the same group, but it looks like there are sometimes others.

The Adorable Kraken is a typical dimly let shop overflowing with items of all types on the tables, walls and ceiling..though mostly all 'nautical' or 'sea related' items.

Sinoca Lowshell is a brown and yellow colored humanoid turtle-like female, who sits on a rug in the middle of the shop. Her dress is mostly sewn together ropes across her body and shell, with a skirt starting at her hips. The ropes contin dozes of small items tied in them like bones, small bottles, bits of metal and such.

"Not a problem, for just two more gold I have a delivery service. Big, strong porters with a cart...can take whatever you buy anywhere in the city. "

An Amy
2017-05-03, 08:38 AM
The elvaan woman hands over... well, she contemplates briefly handing over ten more gold for the purposes of implying something remain quiet. But without a seashell...? She doesn't know ins and outs of this city's black market or other shady aspects to know what might be proper. For now, best not appear to be anything but a legitimate customer wanting a large chest.

"Oh, that would be wonderful," she says to the tortle. Along with a muttered blessing in elvish. "Please deliver it to the Golden Dragon gambling hall."

She will accompany the delivery and have them drop it off just inside the main room. From there, after they are gone, she'll lash some rope and pull it the rest of the way up to her room and hopefully avoid any contact with Amara or Talask. Once in her room, she'll just, for now, lock her belongings away in the chest and use her best lock to keep it fastened. She checks the chalk board for any other notes then prepares for the event that evening.

Darth Ultron
2017-05-04, 07:10 AM
Sinoca Lowshell nods and takes your gold and even writes you out a small paper receipt.

Two young, strong human males are quite happy and cheerful as the load and move the chest. They offer to even carry it all the way to the roof, and half run/leap up the stairs unless you stop them.

There are two sets of stairs to the building: inside and outside.....going up the outside stairs avoids anyone seeing much of anything happening.

The slate is empty.

An Amy
2017-06-06, 08:04 AM
obviously, I'm going to be dropping the RP... time got so very limited that I am struggling to update even other games that I'm running, so I have to drop games that I'm playing in and solos being first