PDA

View Full Version : WW/Mafia Time Paradox WW

Pages : [1] 2

Tom the Mime
2017-04-01, 05:46 PM
Time Paradox WW

21st October 1232
For as long as you can remember, Time herself has always always attended the annual feast in her honor. This year was no different with the entire village celebrating in the great hall.

Suddenly, the candles sputter out and a scream rings out through the hall. When someone fumblingly relights them, you see Time on the ground in obvious distress. People rushed to help but time just... shattered. Day no longer followed night and night no longer followed day. Confusion reigned and when you could focus again, you were lying on your bed at home. A quick glance at the calendar on your wall shows it to be 3rd October 1232. Maybe you can stop it all from ever happening.

Rules:

PMs are allowed. Sharing of narrator QTs and PMs is not
Wolves don't start in contact. Night kills and scries from other wolves towards wolves will put them in contact
Phases for groups of 3-5 days (depending on the number of players) will grouped together and jumbled to occur in a random order. You will only be notified of this order as the phase begins.

Example: First group of phases could end up in order of N2, D3, D2, N1, D1, N4, N3, D4
Results of previously played phases can change depending on phases played in the future. In the above example, the result of the D3 lynch would be posted as it occurs but anyone who dies D1-2 or N1 will no longer have their vote counted and this can change the result.
Alignments of the deceased will be revealed at the end of each group of phases, not each night. Roles will not be revealed publically after a death.

Don't just leave if it says you die. There's a good chance you'll still have actions remaining and that things might change. Permanent death isn't confirmed until the end of a group of phases.
Even if you are dead, you can still submit night actions and votes for days chronologically later during that group of phases in case you come back to life (if killed night 2, you can still submit an action for night 3 in case day 1 ends up stopping your death). No other talking though.
Night chat is allowed

This is a role heavy game and everyone will have an action of some sort.

Time guardians: The good guys. Win con is to eliminate all of the Agents of Paradox and save time itself. Mostly standard roles but also some special/secret ones

Agents of Paradox: The bad guys. Win con is to bring down the number of Time Guardians to the number of remaining Agents to break the continuity of time irrevocably. Standard roles with some twists. The night kill is controlled by the highest ranking agent, starting with the alpha. The agents don't start in contact but targeting a fellow agent with the night kill (when controlling it) or an alignment scry brings them into your network.

Neutrals: You'll see

I don't think you can form a paradox loop with the roles I have but if any agent of paradox manages it, it results in the most favorable outcome for them and they get an extra win.

Let me know if you have any additional questions

Player List:

Ramsus
flat_footed
Duck999
Thematthew
Logic
Generic-Guymeta
igordragonian
Lex-kat
Shadow 11615
Forum Explorer
ThePhantom
Indarra
Kish
Gray Mage
fuzzysora
Lord Fullbladder
Zar Peter
smuchmuch
Mordokai

Ramsus
2017-04-01, 07:17 PM
Oh no, am I too late to sign up for this!?

flat_footed
2017-04-01, 08:10 PM
"I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today."

In.

Duck999
2017-04-01, 09:44 PM
I'll play.

Thematthew
2017-04-01, 09:50 PM
I will have already been playing this game.

Logic
2017-04-02, 03:23 PM
I'll commit to this game as well.

Generic-Guy
2017-04-03, 06:45 AM
Was a fun game, but the reasoning for the bandwagon against me was been so ernormusly lame.
Well, i am happy i was no mason. I am a terrible as mason.
Wait, i am before the game, wrong Timeform.

We realy need a disconected pair. The 'Son'(Paradox) needs to kill the 'Grandfather'(Guardian). It is a classic.

▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
████▓▓▓██████████████████████████████
█████▓██████████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████
███▓▓▓▓▓█████████████████████████████
▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
"I think i still need a Signature for this..."

igordragonian
2017-04-03, 06:47 AM
can someone with less than 70 IQ join?

Tom the Mime
2017-04-03, 08:52 AM
Everyone is welcome. Shenanigans are possible with the mechanics but if you keep a note of who voted for who in your qt (or in thread), you can keep track of most of it. No hidden game mechanics, items or victory conditions (apart from maybe 1 or 2 Neutrals depending on how many people are playing).

Aiming for at least 15, mechanics should work much better with 20 but would probably work a bit better again with even more.

Lex-Kat
2017-04-03, 04:32 PM
In .

Shadow11615
2017-04-03, 11:11 PM
I would like to be in.

igordragonian
2017-04-04, 10:11 AM
Alright.. I am in, if that ok.

Forum Explorer
2017-04-08, 12:48 AM
Consider me in even though my future self knows I'll get myself killed again.

Thematthew
2017-04-08, 01:02 AM
So, are you teaming up with your future self or working against them?

Saposhiente
2017-04-08, 07:19 PM
Definitely my kind of game but I don't have time atm (Way overloaded managing a network in Typical and playing Bond at the same time). PM me if you need a replacement.

2017-04-09, 07:51 PM
Sure, I'll play.

Tom the Mime
2017-04-13, 08:32 AM
Still a few short from the minimum so I'll send out some PMs to people who might be interested. If we get enough people, I'm planning to start shortly after Easter.

ThePhantom
2017-04-13, 11:23 AM
Oh fine, I'll play.

Indarra
2017-04-13, 11:47 AM
I will join the game.

Kish
2017-04-13, 11:49 AM
I'm in. in

Gray Mage
2017-04-13, 12:23 PM
Count me in.

fuzzysora
2017-04-13, 05:15 PM
I will hold my team back with my ineptitude

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2017-04-14, 12:22 AM
And the Fullbladder will be in. It's my werewolf time of year.

Zar Peter
2017-04-15, 08:52 AM
Well, I think I join the fun now that my holidays have ended.

smuchmuch
2017-04-15, 10:00 PM
Sigh, I'm gonna be useless but i got a Pm qnd I hate to disapoint so third time the charm I guess.

Tom the Mime
2017-04-16, 07:29 AM
Recruitment will end in approximately 24 hours.

igordragonian
2017-04-16, 07:38 AM
Sigh, I'm gonna be useless but i got a Pm qnd I hate to disapoint so third time the charm I guess.

let's be useless together!

Tom the Mime
2017-04-17, 07:00 AM
Recruitment is now closed and roles should be distributed withon the next day. Once you receive your role, please post in your QT.

Tom the Mime
2017-04-18, 02:38 AM
All roles have been sent out. Message me if you didn't get a role.

Mordokai
2017-04-18, 03:30 PM
Been too long since I've played any of these and while I doubt it'll last... I'll nonetheless sign up for this one. Promise I'll try not to get AL, as I did in my last game.

Plus, it's a good time to get my old friend Pete lynched :smalltongue: Been some time since I've done that :smallbiggrin:

Tom the Mime
2017-04-18, 05:58 PM
Given not everyone has replied to rule qts yet and the game hasn't started, one extra person is fine. I'll send out the role shortly.

Edit: just waiting on 4 people to reply now.

Zar Peter
2017-04-19, 03:06 AM
Been too long since I've played any of these and while I doubt it'll last... I'll nonetheless sign up for this one. Promise I'll try not to get AL, as I did in my last game.

Plus, it's a good time to get my old friend Pete lynched :smalltongue: Been some time since I've done that :smallbiggrin:

I'm happy that you're back, even if it is for the wrong reasons :smalltongue:

Mordokai
2017-04-19, 03:49 AM
*bows*

Always ready to serve my queen... even if the motives seem a little weird at times :smallwink:

Tom the Mime
2017-04-20, 02:48 AM
Still no lex or generic-guy. I'll give it another 12 hours then start.

Meta
2017-04-20, 03:21 PM
If neither shows and you need someone to fill in, I don't mind taking either role.

If you need an auto-lynch replacement and don't want to draw from killed players, I can try to do that as well.

GL to all players either way.

Tom the Mime
2017-04-20, 03:33 PM
Nothing from Generic-Guy and he hasn't posted anywhere since the 13th so he's being replaced with meta and being paced on the autolynch replacement list.

And we begin.

Night 21

21st October 1232
For as long as you can remember, Time herself has always always attended the annual feast in her honor. This year was no different with the entire village celebrating in the great hall.

Suddenly, the candles sputter out and a scream rings out through the hall. When someone fumblingly relights them, you see Time on the ground in obvious distress. People rushed to help but time just... shattered.

Night 21: Time was killed

Day no longer followed night and night no longer followed day. Confusion reigned and when you could focus again, you were lying on your bed at home. A quick glance at the calendar on your wall shows it to be 3rd October 1232 and the sun is shining outside. Maybe you can stop it all from ever happening.

Day 3 begins and ends in 48 hours

Forum Explorer
2017-04-20, 03:42 PM
Cool, post went up before I have to go to work.

igordragonian

Ramsus
2017-04-20, 03:54 PM
Well, it's not Shadow11615's first game, so I can vote for them.

Mordokai
2017-04-20, 03:58 PM
I awake in the prison. How did I get here? What did I do? Did I deserve it?

Does it matter? To me? To anybody else?

Does it make any change?

Yog-Sothoth, I invoke thy name! I am the gate, I am the key!

You! *points at Zar Peter* Get me out of here!

Zar Peter
2017-04-20, 04:14 PM
The gnome awakes in this foreign bed, outside he hears a strange chorus singing something like someone got his babe. He throws a shoe outside, stands up and stumbles into the bath to wash his face. He has the vague feeling that something like this has already happened. But he doesn't know why. His head is aching. What did he do yesterday? He remembers people around him. Shouting... Yog-Sothoth? What is this? Why is it in his head now? He doesn't know. He goes back to the room with the bed and looks out of the window. His shoe is lying on the street and there is a guy walking by he doesn't know. But... he knows him. Somehow. Why? What's his name? igordragonian! He is important. He was important. He will be important. Or not? Damn, his head aches.

flat_footed
2017-04-20, 04:32 PM
Lord Fullbladder, simply because it's fun to say.

Indarra
2017-04-20, 04:56 PM
Cool, post went up before I have to go to work.

igordragonian

Forum Explorer started a wagon by accident. That's cruel.
I'm sorry, I don't really joke that often.

2017-04-20, 05:09 PM
flat_footed for the triple-game death combo. :smallsmile:

igordragonian
2017-04-20, 06:10 PM
How bothersome..
Can't time handle himself even for a one day?

Who will we blame?
Shadow 11615 is the name!

flat_footed
2017-04-20, 06:11 PM
flat_footed for the triple-game death combo. :smallsmile:

At that point, I think you're considered a Serial Killer and the Moderators have to intervene. :smallyuk:

2017-04-20, 06:26 PM
How bothersome..
Can't time handle himself even for a one day?

Who will we blame?
Shadow 11615 is the name!

yeah...if you could avoid misgendering time, i'd appreciate it.

At that point, I think you're considered a Serial Killer and the Moderators have to intervene. :smallyuk:

does a murder count if it happened in a completely separate timeline? depends on who you ask, i guess.

igordragonian
2017-04-20, 06:31 PM
Bah. I am too lazy not to. Time is not that sensitive.

2017-04-20, 06:34 PM
Bah. I am too lazy not to. Time is not that sensitive.

doesn't make it okay to disparage the dead though...although i'm prolly just wasting my breath trying to change such a draconian outlook. :smalltongue:

Thematthew
2017-04-20, 06:37 PM
Indarra for pointing out a wagon!

flat_footed
2017-04-20, 06:40 PM
does a murder count if it happened in a completely separate timeline? depends on who you ask, i guess.

It does.

http://pa1.narvii.com/5757/5e235ea7c270fc2a3d824a01e3e9f3aa1de3bb83_hq.gif

Tom the Mime
2017-04-20, 06:41 PM
If you really tried, you might be able to kill someone three times in this game. Barely getting lynched then altering the votes in the past again and again. Not recommended unless you know they're on the other team and they just keep coming back.

Also, if you're curious, I'm vaguely going with the Pratchett personification of time. Probably won't really come up at all and doesn't make any gameplay difference but there you go.

flat_footed
2017-04-20, 06:43 PM
If you really tried, you might be able to kill someone three times in this game. Barely getting lynched then altering the votes in the past again and again. Not recommended unless you know they're on the other team and they just keep coming back.

http://static1.1.sqspcdn.com/static/f/709071/27321068/1478366552380/doctorstrange-rewind.gif?token=AxV0CmP0YYSWe87E3zVwEPyS5JI%3D

igordragonian
2017-04-20, 06:45 PM
doesn't make it okay to disparage the dead though...although i'm prolly just wasting my breath trying to change such a draconian outlook. :smalltongue:

Bah. HE doesn't care now. And I don't think HE ever cared. Humph. But we still need this fat bastard. Don't we? Let's just find the idiot who did it... umf.

2017-04-20, 06:59 PM
Bah. HE doesn't care now. And I don't think HE ever cared. Humph. But we still need this fat bastard. Don't we? Let's just find the idiot who did it... umf.

igordragonian for being so boneheaded about this.

Logic
2017-04-20, 07:35 PM
yeah...if you could avoid misgendering time, i'd appreciate it.

Isn't it father time, though? I think igordragonian got it right. So, I'll vote AvatarVecna.

Unless you want to say time is an asari.

2017-04-20, 07:42 PM
Isn't it father time, though? I think igordragonian got it right. So, I'll vote AvatarVecna.

Unless you want to say time is an asari.

perhaps in some other time line, but in this one, time has been established by the narrator as female, regardless of igordragonian's "arguments" to the contrary.

igordragonian
2017-04-20, 07:51 PM
perhaps in some other time line, but in this one, time has been established by the narrator as female, regardless of igordragonian's "arguments" to the contrary.

Actually I missed those parts.

ThePhantom
2017-04-20, 09:12 PM
igordragonian for the first time vote.

2017-04-20, 10:28 PM
Dull green light thrummed weakly in the gloom, catching the dust and cobwebs as they spun and drifted through the stale air. Gears ground as a blocky hand rose to grasp ragged metal. The Old King reeled.

Wires bunched. A flickering optic shot around, seeking knives that were not there. Ah. Recognition bloomed.

The Old King's shoulders squared. It would not be caught flat footed this time around.

(Fun to say, eh? Fun to say? Well I've got one thing to say to you, good entity! that is true.)

Kish
2017-04-20, 11:33 PM
"Please don't gratuitously repeat yourself, AvatarVecna, but yes, igordragonian will do."

fuzzysora
2017-04-20, 11:41 PM
Shadow11615 killed Logic yesterday! W...Wait. Logic? Your body is kinda fading in and out... Are you alive after all? Uh. Kill the potential murderer anyway!

igordragonian
2017-04-21, 12:50 AM
Well, kids this is a lesson to not to try to flavor my posts with pseudo roleplay.
Oh well. *shrug.

2017-04-21, 02:27 AM
"Please don't gratuitously repeat yourself, AvatarVecna, but yes, igordragonian will do."

was more just corroborating evidence. besides, the narrator repeated themselves first, i'm just following their lead.

Meta
2017-04-21, 08:14 AM
Vote count, appearing in the order they were first voted for:

Igor 5
Shadow 3
Zar
Fullbladder
Forum
Indarra
Vecna
Flat

Indarra, how much werewolf, mafia, etc. have you played?

Shadow11615 for the sake of multiple competitive wagons.

Duck999
2017-04-21, 08:16 AM
I'm going to trust Meta's count and vote Shadow11615 to make these wagons closer and more competitive.

Logic
2017-04-21, 09:18 AM
Forum Explorer started a wagon by accident. That's cruel.
I'm sorry, I don't really joke that often.
I may be odd, but I don't consider the first person voting as starting a wagon, but instead the second person.

Indarra for pointing out a wagon!
Is that really a good reason to vote for someone?

I'm going to trust Meta's count and vote Shadow11615 to make these wagons closer and more competitive.
And I will make another alternative by casting the second vote for Zar Peter.

Indarra
2017-04-21, 09:22 AM
Indarra, how much werewolf, mafia, etc. have you played?

This is I think my seventh game in the playground, maybe thirteenth game overall. Why?

smuchmuch
2017-04-21, 09:47 AM
Allright, let's keep on Zar Peter then, since we need bandwagons for day 1

Meta
2017-04-21, 10:16 AM
This is I think my seventh game in the playground, maybe thirteenth game overall. Why?

I may be misreading the intent of your post, but bandwagons are pretty important. If we don't lynch people, we almost certainly lose, barring a ton of accurate vigilantes.

If I'm reading these rules right, we generally want to have as many competitive wagons as possible. If we lynch a town member today, we could fix our mistake when day 1 or day 2 happen to roll on by.

Logic
2017-04-21, 11:07 AM
I may be misreading the intent of your post, but bandwagons are pretty important. If we don't lynch people, we almost certainly lose, barring a ton of accurate vigilantes.

If I'm reading these rules right, we generally want to have as many competitive wagons as possible. If we lynch a town member today, we could fix our mistake when day 1 or day 2 happen to roll on by.

I almost want to vote Meta for mansplaining. :smalltongue:

Zar Peter
2017-04-21, 11:45 AM
Somehow I completely overlooked that igor already had a vote on him, I just wanted to greet him as new player. Change vote to shadow11615 to save my bony bottom without throwing a new player under the bus.

Meta
2017-04-21, 04:01 PM
I almost want to vote Meta for mansplaining. :smalltongue:

Apologies if it appeared condescending, I meant none. Just making sure town is on the same page.

In my defense, it is rather irregular to vote for someone citing that they're doing what we need to do to win.

Thematthew
2017-04-21, 06:35 PM
Is that really a good reason to vote for someone?

Of course it isn't, but it sounds more amusing than rng vote due to no information.

2017-04-21, 07:15 PM
Apologies if it appeared condescending, I meant none. Just making sure town is on the same page.

In my defense, it is rather irregular to vote for someone citing that they're doing what we need to do to win.

Clearly you've never gone up against the classic triple fakeout sacrificial wolf tactic. It almost cost us the village in the Great Wolf Famine of '53.

The Old King was there. The Old King remembers.

Indarra
2017-04-21, 07:47 PM
I was really just looking for a small joke for a largely meaningless D1 vote.

2017-04-21, 09:03 PM
The Old King knows that feel, Indarra

ThePhantom
2017-04-21, 09:06 PM
Kish, because roleplaying is to be encouraged.

"Did something happen?"

Tom the Mime
2017-04-21, 09:16 PM
I was really just looking for a small joke for a largely meaningless D3 vote.
FTFY. Day one votes probably won't be meaningless this time.

Meta
2017-04-21, 09:20 PM
Narrator, who's lynched in a tie?

Tom the Mime
2017-04-21, 09:24 PM
Narrator, who's lynched in a tie?
First one to reach that many votes.

Meta
2017-04-21, 09:50 PM
Okay, so I think we want to have tied lynches wherever possible. This ensures when 'previous' days occur we can resurrect townsfolk by lynching one person on a previous wagon. Shift of one vote changes the outcome.

I'd say that shifting votes at the last minute away from matching wagons is to be viewed as untown-like as a result.

Tom the Mime
2017-04-21, 10:21 PM
Just clarifying something from the rules as part of this was implied but not explicitly stated.

Alignments are not revealed on death until the end of a block of phases (where they become locked in). Roles are not revealed publically after death.

Meta
2017-04-22, 12:49 PM
Oh, that makes what I suggested less necessary, but would still be helpful if we have any sort of seer.

Tom the Mime
2017-04-22, 03:35 PM
Narration to come

Day 3 ends. Shadow 11615 was lynched

Night 4 begins and will end in 48 hours. Please submit your actions to your qt

D1:
N1:
D2:
N2:
D3: Shadow 11615 was lynched
N3:
D4:
N4:

Tom the Mime
2017-04-24, 03:45 PM
The villagers could feel it in their bones that their numbers were dwindling and their friends were dying. They just didn't know who yet.

As he was walking down the street, someone jumped out of the street at Mordokai. The last words he heard before he died were "It looks like you're out of time..."

Night 4 ends. Mordokai was killed
Day 1 begins and will end in 48 hours.

D1:
N1:
D2:
N2:
N3:
D4:
N4: Mordokai was killed

If Lex-kat doesn't act in the next two phases, they're up for autolynch replacement.

Forum Explorer
2017-04-24, 04:45 PM
Indarra because I didn't like their reason for voting for me.

EDIT: So Mordokai still gets to vote today, correct?

Tom the Mime
2017-04-24, 05:28 PM
It's day 1 so everyone can talk and vote as much as they like.

igordragonian
2017-04-24, 05:45 PM
Umm.. here my stupidity.. urm.. I am not sure how to vote, without being random

Logic
2017-04-24, 09:50 PM
Well, barring vigilantes, Mordokai is as good as cleared.

I want to hear his suspects to start before placing a vote.

Lex-Kat
2017-04-25, 12:03 AM
igordragonian, for wishing to be random on Day 1, which is actually Day 2... right? :smallconfused:

smuchmuch
2017-04-25, 07:03 AM
Sorry Lex but I do believe igordragonian wasn't saying he wanted to be random because it was day "1" (1(2)), so much as saying he wasn't sure what cocnlusive results to get of the Day 1(4)
And you know he hasn't voted. So, even as a joke, lynching him for that seems a tad dubious.

Lex-Kat
2017-04-25, 08:15 AM
Actually, I'm just voting semi-randomly. Using a fake excuse to get people to start voting. Because, so far, only two votes have been registered. Everyone else is waiting for someone to do something, to give them a reason to vote.

So vote away people! This game may be called Time Paradox, but I doubt we have all the time in the world.

Logic
2017-04-25, 08:30 AM
I'll vote for Forum Explorer then. I think he should know that Mordokai is eligible to vote, but the question feels like a wolf asking for sure to see if he can be outed by Mordokai voting.

ThePhantom
2017-04-25, 11:06 AM
Let's try Meta for this period of time.

"So, does anyone know where we are? Or is that the wrong question?"

Ramsus
2017-04-25, 12:36 PM
ThePhantom for trying to vote in bold instead of red.

Zar Peter
2017-04-25, 01:03 PM
The gnome awakes in this foreign bed, outside he hears a strange chorus singing something like someone got his babe. He throws a shoe outside, stands up and stumbles into the bath to wash his face. What a terrible dream. His best buddy, Mordokai, killed by... what? He couldn't remember. Anyway, today was the first day in this god forsaken town. Why was he here? What to do? Random things like he always used to do on the first day? But... was it the first day?

Point at Flat_footed to get him to talk.

smuchmuch
2017-04-25, 02:23 PM
I'll vote for Forum Explorer then. I think he should know that Mordokai is eligible to vote, but the question feels like a wolf asking for sure to see if he can be outed by Mordokai voting.

Why would a wolf think he could be outed by Mordocai voting so soon in the game ? It's been a single day and night, Mordokai is town for sure (since if he was wold, he'd be spared accorind to the rules) but we have no reason to think he's Seer (does this game actualy give roles of people killed ?) or would have time to connect with the Seer, so there's no reason he'd know who a wolf is.

(which does invalidate Forum explorer logic, for sure, but yours doesn't work either. as far as I can tell ?)

Therefopre i find your Logic dubious

(that and i wnated to do that pun for a while)

Logic
2017-04-25, 02:30 PM
Why would a wolf think he could be outed by Mordocai voting so soon in the game ? It's been a single day and night, Mordokai is town for sure (since if he was wold, he'd be spared accorind to the rules) but we have no reason to think he's Seer (does this game actualy give roles of people killed ?) or would have time to connect with the Seer, so there's no reason he'd know who a wolf is.

(which does invalidate Forum explorer logic, for sure, but yours doesn't work either. as far as I can tell ?)

Everyone does. :smalltongue:

igordragonian
2017-04-25, 03:11 PM
smuchmuch because random

Kish
2017-04-25, 03:21 PM
Logic's logic is as compelling as anything else, which isn't very, but regardless, Forum Explorer it is.

Meta
2017-04-25, 05:19 PM

Technically, it's possible our baner blocked the wolves' kill and our vig hit a wolf, but I agree, we can probably clear Mordokai.

I believe we get the roles, or at least faction, after the first 'block' of days has ended.

I was thinking about voting for igor, because he was on shadow's wagon. If we later learn that shadow is town and we can get him back, it will be easiest to lynch someone who voted for him during an earlier day.

But igor was the counterwagon. If we lynch someone in an earlier day, do the votes on that person just disappear from that later day? Might be good to keep that in mind. Especially if igor is going to vote randomly.

Ramsus, you were also on shadow's wagon. Anything else to go on besides Phantom's textual preferences?

Forum Explorer
2017-04-25, 05:26 PM

Oh, I have a plan that I think will be pretty advantageous for the town, if not potentially game winning. I wanted to make sure it actually works though. Well, I'm not sure it works anyways, but since I'm being (kinda) suspected I'll explain the train of thought that lead me asking that question.

Basically:

1. Mordokai was killed by a wolf, and is thus trustworthy (An assumption, but a reasonable one I think)

2. The Seer or someone like that can thus contact him freely

3. Mordokai can thus act as the Seer's mouthpiece until he dies.

4. We basically get 4 people having their roles revealed as a result, at no risk to the Seer.

Tom the Mime
2017-04-25, 05:38 PM
But igor was the counterwagon. If we lynch someone in an earlier day, do the votes on that person just disappear from that later day? Might be good to keep that in mind. Especially if igor is going to vote randomly.
The votes will just disappear as you can't lynch a dead person and the player with the next highest number of votes is lynched.

igordragonian
2017-04-25, 05:42 PM
Meta-
I quite lost on who to vote, I can make up an excuse to vote, but I don't have a real reason.
And Shadow revealed as townie- so what?
No one knew his aligment.

Meta
2017-04-25, 06:06 PM
Oh, I have a plan that I think will be pretty advantageous for the town, if not potentially game winning. I wanted to make sure it actually works though. Well, I'm not sure it works anyways, but since I'm being (kinda) suspected I'll explain the train of thought that lead me asking that question.

Basically:

1. Mordokai was killed by a wolf, and is thus trustworthy (An assumption, but a reasonable one I think)

2. The Seer or someone like that can thus contact him freely

3. Mordokai can thus act as the Seer's mouthpiece until he dies.

4. We basically get 4 people having their roles revealed as a result, at no risk to the Seer.

Any paradox seer could attempt the same thing. Or we could have a fool. Or Mord was killed by a neutral (another way he could be a wolf) It would also only would work for 2 days, I assume. A reasonable plan of attack, if we keep that in mind, but I wouldn't rely on it heavily. In my experience networks in the playground can be a little hit or miss.

Igor, I would start by re-reading everyone's posts. Maybe try and be more paranoid or critical than you normally would be. Why would this poster say this? Why might they word it like that? Why even vote for this person? Consider the order of posts as well. Then if something seems more 'off' about any given post or poster, vote for them, or at least ask them to explain why they said or did something. This early, you probably won't have a whole lot to go on, but Rome wasn't built in a day, and it's possible even small connections we make today could help later.

igordragonian
2017-04-25, 06:33 PM
But so far we have nothing! everyone just voted randomly!

Meta
2017-04-25, 06:48 PM
But so far we have nothing! everyone just voted randomly!

I didn't and I highly doubt everyone else did. In fact, I give it 50/50 that at least one person who explicitly said they voted randomly is lying.

igordragonian
2017-04-25, 06:51 PM
Really? Who, if may I ask?

Ramsus
2017-04-25, 06:53 PM
Ramsus, you were also on shadow's wagon. Anything else to go on besides Phantom's textual preferences?

Not really no. I don't see why I would have anything either. The only persons that might are seers or other information roles.

Meta
2017-04-25, 07:11 PM
Really? Who, if may I ask?

# of people who claim random divided by an assumed # of paradox agents multiplied by the fact that I bet wolves are more likely to feign ignorance.

Not a person in particular yet, just looking at the numbers.

Ramsus, we've got a day and a half of voting! It's not your first rodeo, surely at least something catches your eye. You don't get a free pass for claiming no info powers. Anyone can analyze some posts.

Duck999
2017-04-25, 07:55 PM
Ramsus, we've got a day and a half of voting! It's not your first rodeo, surely at least something catches your eye. You don't get a free pass for claiming no info powers. Anyone can analyze some posts.

It may not be some people's first rodeos, but it's at least my first rodeo where the time isn't going straight. This does change things substantially, especially since we don't know if we hit a town or not. I personally don't think looking at day "1" votes, at least with this forum's play style, will tend to find wolves unless we know what the lynchee (is that the word for someone who was lynched?) was aligned.

Indarra
2017-04-25, 07:57 PM
I'm getting a strong "first time town" reading on igordragonian. It's strong enough that I feel anyone could have picked up on it and so the people who voted for igor yesterday (AvatarVecna and Kish) are suspect to me. AvatarVecna's normally a more talkative wolf (though he's probably noticed the pattern by now as well), so I'll put my vote on Kish.

Ramsus
2017-04-25, 10:37 PM
Meta, so far all I've seen is people saying..... stuff. It's basically all just noise at this point. Generally useful noise in the hopes of rattling something loose as will sometimes happen on day 1 or 2 of games sure. But still mostly just noise. Without any actual information (public or private) to go on, all I can do is contribute more noise and well... I think that's being handled well enough.

Thematthew
2017-04-26, 04:23 AM
My vote is going for Zar Peter, who was (will be?) worried enough about getting lynched yesterday (the day after tomorrow) that they did a self preservation vote when they were still (will still be) behind the counterwagon. In fact, I'm also willing to point out that this also helped prevent (will prevent) igordragonian from taking the lead and that thePhantom's vote was (is going to be) the equivalent of not voting at all, which is pretty suspicious in a rather late day vote.

Edit: on second thought, I'm going with igordragonian, since it is kinda late in the day to try to start up on someone with no votes on them, but I'm still willing to listen to reason. Probably not to Logic though...

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to move over to thePhantom, actually.

Duck999
2017-04-26, 05:42 AM
I'm going to vote TheMatthew, at least for now. The first switch makes some sense, but voting for someone with one vote on them is very close to voting for someone with none. Why did you switch the second time?

igordragonian
2017-04-26, 05:58 AM
I'm getting a strong "first time town" reading on igordragonian. It's strong enough that I feel anyone could have picked up on it and so the people who voted for igor yesterday (AvatarVecna and Kish) are suspect to me. AvatarVecna's normally a more talkative wolf (though he's probably noticed the pattern by now as well), so I'll put my vote on Kish.

No.. I'v played more than twice or three times, I am just that stupid.
But as Ramsus said- noise noise noise.

Logic
2017-04-26, 07:53 AM
I'm moving my vote as well. Forum Explorer gave me a good enough reason to move, and Thematthew's indecisive tenses is making it all the more difficult to make sense of what he is trying to say, especially before 6:00 AM.

Meta
2017-04-26, 10:14 AM
No.. I'v played more than twice or three times, I am just that stupid.
But as Ramsus said- noise noise noise.

Have a little faith in yourself. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. If we never lynched anyone from fear of being wrong, we'd lose every time. Say whatever you're thinking about everyone. It doesn't need to be eloquent, organized, and certainly not correct, but it's a start. We'll need more from both you and Ramsus. Or I'll try and lynch you both, because you're a wolf or a town not doing anything.

Indarra
igor
Phantom 2
Flat_footed
Logic
smuchmuch
Forum
Kish
Matthew 2

There also may be a vote for Meta, depending on if ThePhantom's bolding is a vote.

There's an interesting triangle happening with Forum, Indarra, and Kish.

Matthew's post reads as very stream of consciousness. Wolves are usually more careful and precise. Small town lean. He's experienced enough to duplicate it as a wolf, but it's early in the game and there was no pressure on him.

Duck is more suspicious for jumping on it, especially given the earlier lack of commitment.

I like ThePhantom's wagon more than Matthew's, but would be happier with Duck or any of the triangle voters I mentioned before if people want to organize a shift.

flat_footed
2017-04-26, 10:28 AM
I'll agree with ThePhantom over Thematthew for the moment. Without results it's hard to get a solid read on anyone or anything. I don't think it helps if I put a third player tied for the lynch, so I'm going with the one who seems most wolf to me of these two.

Also, this would put ThePhantom at 4, it looks like. Ramsus, me, Thematthew and Meta. It's confusing when you don't count your own vote in the tally, Meta.

(Sorry about being absent, work and RL have been hitting hard lately.)

Duck999
2017-04-26, 03:36 PM
Duck is more suspicious for jumping on it, especially given the earlier lack of commitment.

I assume by earlier lack of commitment you mean the earlier post where I didn't vote?I tend to do that a lot in general. You do, however, have a point about TheMatthew. I'm not entirely sure what his town or wolf play looks like, but in general, you are right about town indecisiveness, so I shall switch to ThePhantom.

Meta
2017-04-26, 03:37 PM
Apologies, the vote count also helps me work through my own voting. I don't know my vote until the end of my post, usually.

I'll start putting the tally at the end and including my vote in it.

Tom the Mime
2017-04-26, 05:48 PM
Tensions were high in the town square, with confusion and raised voices. The people they just saw die were walking around, perfectly fine. They did seem a little listless, knowing they were soon to die and didn't seem inclined to change their fate. Suddenly, suspicions turned to one man and within minutes they'd strung him up on a noose. As he died, a man who could have been his twin rounded the corner and flickered momentarily, a look of shock on his face.

Day 1 ends. ThePhantom was lynched
Night 2 begins and will end in 48 hours.

D1: ThePhantom was lynched
N1:
D2:
N2:
N3:
D4:

Would people prefer it if days lasted 72 hours in the future? Also, remember that you can still talk during the night.

Duck999
2017-04-26, 06:06 PM
I think you copy-pasted something in the middle there that shouldn't be there...

Nevermind

Tom the Mime
2017-04-27, 02:47 AM
Couple of clarifications.

Please cc me in any messages you send for this game - helps with seeing what works with this format.

Also, if a player is dead in the current phase they can't contact anyone privately (and shouldn't be contacted) and the only public posts they can make are a single vote (in case they come back to life). Hard to enforce but keep it in mind. It's outlined in the opening post already, just clarifying the situation with private messages.

Mordokai
2017-04-27, 02:46 PM
I'm gonna say no to longer days. I tried doing something like that in my early WW games and it usually proves detrimental to game health. 48/24 day/night seems to be standard for a reason.

2017-04-27, 07:50 PM
I'm gonna say no to longer days. I tried doing something like that in my early WW games and it usually proves detrimental to game health. 48/24 day/night seems to be standard for a reason.

The standard in my experience (which is probably mostly relatively recent games) is actually between 48/48 and 72/48, although I've seen 48/24 games on occasion. My understanding is that the longer game time is to allow people who have limited time to play to do so, since it gives them a wider window to work in for both phases.

Also, because it's something I'm doing right now:

Whoever's interested, please come join Worm WW (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?523058-Worm-WW)! This message brought to you by a narrator in search of players!

Tom the Mime
2017-04-28, 09:40 PM
Meta was fast asleep in bed. He was fairly sure he'd get a good night's sleep because he remembered that he was fairly bright and chirpy the following day. Unfortunately for him, that was no longer the case as a group of villagers surrounded his house. Some came and went but the final one leant over his bed with a dagger saying "Sleep tight, good night".

Night 2 ends. Meta was killed.
Night 1 begins and will end in 48 hours.

N1:
D2:
N2: Meta was killed
N3:
D4:

Talking is still encouraged during night phases but remember to submit your actions to your QT.

Meta
2017-04-28, 10:02 PM
PM me (CC Narrator) if you have information on any other players. I have a chance to have some fun tonight before I die for good.

2017-04-29, 12:05 PM
I'm sorry guys, I just haven't had time this week for this game. My granny has been in the hospital and honestly all my time has been with her or getting to her or thinking about her with very little time in between. I'm not sure if I'm actually going to be able to do this game. Sorry, Tom.

Mordokai
2017-04-29, 04:20 PM
Before I say anything at all, I want another confirmation from the narrator.

In this day and the next one(third day, that is), I am still alive and can share any thought, info... whathaveyou with other players and even vote, correct?

Tom the Mime
2017-04-29, 04:25 PM
Before I say anything at all, I want another confirmation from the narrator.

In this day and the next one(third day, that is), I am still alive and can share any thought, info... whathaveyou with other players and even vote, correct?
This isn't a day, is a night but yes you are unrestricted right now and can vote, pm, target people etc. You do evening as if you're still alive because in this phase, you still are, despite your likely n4 death.

smuchmuch
2017-04-29, 11:04 PM
I'm sorry guys, I just haven't had time this week for this game. My granny has been in the hospital and honestly all my time has been with her or getting to her or thinking about her with very little time in between. I'm not sure if I'm actually going to be able to do this game. Sorry, Tom.

Sorry to hear that. Hoping things get better.

Thematthew
2017-04-29, 11:30 PM

Sorry to hear about that, and hope things go well.

Tom the Mime
2017-04-30, 08:48 AM
No problem. Real life and family always come first. Hope things get better.

Tom the Mime
2017-04-30, 10:27 PM
Night is extended another 24 hours as I'm still missing 6 actions from people.

Tom the Mime
2017-05-01, 10:11 PM
Night 1 over. Still missing a couple of actions but it can't be helped.

Confusion seems to reign when the sun doesn't rise when it feels like it should be morning. However their was one who knew in his bones that the night was not the same as the one that had just passed. If it was, he would have six feet under by now. Fearless, thinking he had nothing left to lose, he tried to rally the village behind him as a trusted voice, for however long it may last. Nevertheless, it didn't stop Zar Peter from being discovered as the sun finally rose, untouched but eerily still with glassed over eyes.

Meta was fast asleep in bed. He was fairly sure he'd get a good night's sleep because he remembered that he was fairly bright and chirpy the following day. Unfortunately for him, that was no longer the case as a group of villagers surrounded his house. Some came and went but the final one leans over his bed with a dagger saying "Sleep tight, good night".
The penultimate voice told him to kill and kill again

Night 1 ends. Zar Peter was killed. The timeline has changed and Kish was killed on night 2.
Day 4 begins and will end in approximately 56 hours (8am 5May AEST).

N1: Zar Peter was killed
D2:
N2: Meta was killed. Kish was also killed
N3:
D4:

A reminder that if you die before the current phase (according to the list above), you can still cast a single vote but you can't talk other than that (privately or publicly)

Tom the Mime
2017-05-03, 10:00 AM
No posts after a day? It is the day phase now and having the wrong month in the day c end date shouldn't have stopped people posting.

Logic
2017-05-03, 10:20 AM
My bad. I must have opened this in a new tab and forgotten.

I'm 75% sure that one of Smuchmuch or Lord Fullbladder is a wolf or vigilante.

Ramsus
2017-05-03, 11:40 AM
Can you provide some kind of reasoning for that?

2017-05-03, 11:53 AM
I am 95% certain I am neither of those things. Whats your logic here, Logic?

Logic
2017-05-03, 12:00 PM
I have claimed to Meta, ThePhantom, and Mordokai. My claim and my reasoning line up. For the moment, I do not wish to reveal more.

2017-05-03, 12:53 PM
smuchmuch works for me.

Forum Explorer
2017-05-03, 12:56 PM
No posts after a day? It is the day phase now and having the wrong month in the day c end date shouldn't have stopped people posting.

Oops sorry.

I have claimed to Meta, ThePhantom, and Mordokai. My claim and my reasoning line up. For the moment, I do not wish to reveal more.

What do you mean by claimed? Is that a WW term? :smallconfused:

Or do you mean that you explained your reasoning to those 3 people, but won't to us? :smallconfused:

I'm assuming the former cause the latter makes no sense to me.

Kish
2017-05-03, 01:07 PM
Smuchmuch.

Logic
2017-05-03, 01:11 PM
Oops sorry.

What do you mean by claimed? Is that a WW term? :smallconfused:

Or do you mean that you explained your reasoning to those 3 people, but won't to us? :smallconfused:

I'm assuming the former cause the latter makes no sense to me.

I privately claimed my power-set and role. Since the other two are dead, only Mordokai can validate my story for this phase.

- - - Updated - - -

Smuchmuch.

I'm sorry Kish, but you have died.

Forum Explorer
2017-05-03, 01:27 PM
I see. Well I might change my vote later, but I want to call attention to this today.

AvatarVecna, your posts are always really minimal, and pretty bandwagony. I find that suspicious.

smuchmuch
2017-05-03, 01:33 PM
I privately claimed my power-set and role. Since the other two are dead, only Mordokai can validate my story for this phase.

Well that's awfully convenient for you isn't it ?
Also you basicaly say there's 75% chance I'm a wold OR vigilante but you imaidiatly gor for the vote, meaning you either assume I'm a wolf(I'm not) or the vigilant (I'm not either), I'd like a good reason for this.

What do you mean by claimed? Is that a WW term?

Claimed means he supposedmly revealed his afiliation and role to some people.

Logic
2017-05-03, 01:50 PM
Well that's awfully convenient for you isn't it ?
Also you basicaly say there's 75% chance I'm a wold OR vigilante but you imaidiatly gor for the vote, meaning you either assume I'm a wolf(I'm not) or the vigilant (I'm not either), I'd like a good reason for this.

Claimed means he supposedmly revealed his afiliation and role to some people.

It's really only convenient if I'm on the chopping block, and all those I claimed to cannot speak.

Tom the Mime
2017-05-03, 01:54 PM
I'm sorry Kish, but you have died.
And they can submit a vote but not talk so that in case the timeline changes and they come back to life, their vote can be counted.

Meta
2017-05-03, 01:55 PM
Meta 10 character minimum

smuchmuch
2017-05-03, 01:58 PM
Maybe but what I'm seeing is that all the people you supposedly networked with died, including if Kish sudden paradoxical death is any indication, Meta as the banner.

Logic

Logic
2017-05-03, 02:06 PM
And they can submit a vote but not talk so that in case the timeline changes and they come back to life, their vote can be counted.
Yup. Duh. Crap. (open some inbox space!)

Meta 10 character minimum
This self vote, I don't understand. I wish you were permitted to explain it.

Maybe but what I'm seeing is that all the people you supposedly networked with died, including if Kish sudden paradoxical death is any indication, Meta as the banner.

Logic
Kish paradoxed to death night 2. Meta already died night 2. Meta being the baner does not logically follow Kish paradox-dying, unless you have additional information.

Duck999
2017-05-03, 02:37 PM
I want to hear more from Logic before either voting Smuchmuch or Logic. I don't really like this whole blind following thing.

Tom the Mime
2017-05-03, 02:39 PM
Yup. Duh. Crap. (open some inbox space!)

Done. Had a lot of new messages this morning.

Logic
2017-05-03, 03:03 PM

Logic

Zar Peter being the Baner could make sense for Kish's new death.

Keep in mind, whomever is lynched today will still have another day and night of actions to take, votes to cast, and people to try and influence, because this day sequentially takes place after the remaining day and night phases in this block.

2017-05-03, 03:05 PM
I see. Well I might change my vote later, but I want to call attention to this today.

AvatarVecna, your posts are always really minimal, and pretty bandwagony. I find that suspicious.

what can i say? logic's claims make sense to me, and I don't have any better ideas for who to lynch. wish i had something more to give you, but i'm nearly as clueless as the rest of you.

i will say that i've been in private communication with lord fullbladder since the first day of play.

Ramsus
2017-05-03, 04:10 PM
So can any of the people Logic claims he claimed to even corroborate that?

Logic
2017-05-03, 04:22 PM
So can any of the people Logic claims he claimed to even corroborate that?

Well, since ThePhantom died day 1, he can't. Mordokai can, and Meta can when day 2 arrives.

2017-05-03, 06:02 PM
*sigh* As it stands Logic's, uh, logic looks like the best chance we have to garner as smidge of information here. He's claimed, which means he's claiming Seer. A dangerous gambit, that. But if he's right and Smuchmuch is a wolf, then I will take what chances I have to convince my esteemed prosecutor of my own innocence.

igordragonian
2017-05-03, 06:05 PM

Yep usually. AvatarVecna is much more talkative. And something in his beavior in this game feel off..
but maybe I'm not experienced enough, playing with him, so I'm open for discussions.

Logic
2017-05-03, 06:09 PM
*sigh* As it stands Logic's, uh, logic looks like the best chance we have to garner as smidge of information here. He's claimed, which means he's claiming Seer. A dangerous gambit, that. But if he's right and Smuchmuch is a wolf, then I will take what chances I have to convince my esteemed prosecutor of my own innocence.

I'd like to be very clear: I am not claiming seer. I just have some information that leads me to believe that one of the two of you is a killing role of some kind. Of the two of you, I picked Smuchmuch to vote for somewhat randomly, and it's given me plenty of information from town from which to draw more conclusions and where I might want to place future votes. Now that I see how Smuchmuch is more defensive than Fullbladder, I am inclined to believe I made the right call.

2017-05-03, 06:21 PM
I see. I hope you are right, Logic.

smuchmuch
2017-05-03, 06:32 PM
Now that I see how Smuchmuch is more defensive than Fullbladder, I am inclined to believe I made the right call.

Gee, I wonder if it has anything with the fact you started a wagon on me rather than him ?

But if there's one thing I noticed in these games it's that defending yourself is suspicious. .. Almost as much as not defending yourself.(clearly a dangerous wolf lhying low) or nothing is more suspicious than not posting. Except posting too much, that is. *shrug*

The only way to survive having an early wagon out of nowhere on you is either being able to claim, which I can't, because to be honnest, i'm nothing or someone bring another name with a better logic, but I dodn't partoiculary feel like throwing someone under a bus. So screwed if I do, screwed if I don't... might as well defend myself.

Indarra
2017-05-03, 06:42 PM
I have made contact with a Seer or Fool claiming that AvatarVecna is an agent of Paradox.

Logic
2017-05-03, 06:50 PM
Gee, I wonder if it has anything with the fact you started a wagon on me rather than him ?

But if there's one thing I noticed in these games it's that defending yourself is suspicious. .. Almost as much as not defending yourself.(clearly a dangerous wolf lhying low) or nothing is more suspicious than not posting. Except posting too much, that is. *shrug*

The only way to survive having an early wagon out of nowhere on you is either being able to claim, which I can't, because to be honnest, i'm nothing or someone bring another name with a better logic, but I dodn't partoiculary feel like throwing someone under a bus. So screwed if I do, screwed if I don't... might as well defend myself.

It depends on how you defend yourself, rally. Some people go for logical appeals, others go for emotional appeals. And yours read off to me. But...

I have made contact with a Seer or Fool claiming that AvatarVecna is an agent of Paradox.

Seeing how Indarra is claiming to be in contact with a Seer of some kind, I say those that aren't already should switch over to AvatarVecna. It's as good a time as any to do a seer (or proxy) test.

2017-05-03, 07:01 PM
i'm certainly no agent of paradox, or if i am the narrator never informed of such a thing. still, whule i'm not sure if this is indarra in contact with the fool or just still being salty over events in another timeline, it occurs to me that i could definitely use a vacation.

Lex-Kat
2017-05-03, 08:36 PM
I'll go with the Meta vote. Self-voting is never good. ((Ignoring AV's self-vote, as he's now known for it.))

2017-05-03, 08:46 PM
it's not nice to ignore a seer claim though, little pixie.

i don't really have any information worth sharing at the moment - no special information at all, really - but i do have some interesting observations. i could believe that somebody might scry me this early in the game - maybe they see me roleplaying and know that's odd for me, maybe they think i'm being more quiet than i normally am, maybe they hate the font i'm using, i dunno - but for somebody serving as the mouthpiece of the seer/fool, i'm not seeing anything indarra's done so far that would make me as a seer/fool feel a need to investigate them. i don't know if that means we're dealing with a pretty green seer/fool, a seer/fool who saw something suspicious in indarra's early activity that i don't, a wolf fake-claiming to indarra, indarra fake-claiming seer contact, or something even weirder, though, so it's hard to really respond to what's going on with an actual defense. what i can say for sure is that i think it's weird that the seer scried indarra this early, but that's not necessarily indicative of any particular conclusion. that they're targeting me this late in the group-of-days could be wolves attempting to make sure town can't save me from a mislynch, or could be the seer/fool attempting to prevent a wolf from getting their buddies to throw off an earlier lynch to get their friend paradox'd back into existence. that the oddness meta noted yesterday about forum explorer, indarra, and igordragonian is still going on also doesn't necessarily mean anything suspicious, but it is worth keeping in mind for later depending on how all of this pans out.

only thing i can really say for sure, whether anybody believes me or not, is that i don't think lynching me will give you any information even once the first five days are over and done with. i'm gonna check that with the narrator though, just to be sure.

Ramsus
2017-05-03, 08:47 PM
Smuchmuch expressed a feeling I'm very familiar with and as such I welcome an excuse to vote elsewhere. AvatarVecna it is for the sake of seer testing. AV do you maybe want to make a claim at least? Give town some useful information like what, if any actions you have performed and who the targets were/info you learned/etc. ?

2017-05-03, 08:50 PM
AvatarVecna it is for the sake of seer testing.

i'm aware of the sentiment, but lynching me won't give you the information you seek for quite some time.

AV do you maybe want to make a claim at least?

i've been claiming the entire game, it's just subtle. it'd ruin the joke to give away the punchline, wouldn't you say?

Give town some useful information like what, if any actions you have performed and who the targets were/info you learned/etc. ?

i ain't done nothin' to noone. take that as you will...not that you'd do differently otherwise :smallwink:

Indarra
2017-05-03, 09:13 PM
I'm sure that eventually the town will find a way to test the alignment of lynch targets if it hasn't already (with all the time jumping, a distinct possibilIty). Otherwise it would be a near - impossible game for town.

2017-05-03, 09:17 PM
I'm sure that eventually the town will find a way to test the alignment of lynch targets if it hasn't already (with all the time jumping, a distinct possibilIty). Otherwise it would be a near - impossible game for town.

not saying we couldn't test the seer/fool claim ever, just that lynching me won't help either way, in a way that has nothing to do with the screwy time shenanigans going on in this game, but rather having to do with my role.

Indarra
2017-05-03, 09:20 PM
Does your role distort scries, living or dead?

2017-05-03, 09:38 PM
Does your role distort scries, living or dead?

nope. the narrator has lied to either me or your "seer" contact about what side i'm on. i'm saying that lynching me won't prove it either way.

Indarra
2017-05-03, 09:46 PM
Or there's a fool or vortexer. Or you're lying.
Why jump to a lying narrator?

2017-05-03, 09:50 PM
Or there's a fool or vortexer. Or you're lying.
Why jump to a lying narrator?

i'm not assuming a lying narrator, I'm assuming your "seer" contact is either a fool or a wolf, although a vortexer is not a possibility i had considered. i know for certain your contacts scry is inaccurate one way or another. this is why i put seer in quotations in both this post and the previous one, as a way if sarcastically indicating how much faith i have in them being an actual seer.

and this is a great example of why you don't explain the joke, people. it ruins the humor, and takes even more effort than making the joke in the first place.

Forum Explorer
2017-05-04, 01:09 AM
I'll go with the Meta vote. Self-voting is never good. ((Ignoring AV's self-vote, as he's now known for it.))

Meta is currently dead. He just has the chance to revive depending on who dies. So there is a small, but not zero, chance that he'll actually have a vote for today.

what can i say? logic's claims make sense to me, and I don't have any better ideas for who to lynch. wish i had something more to give you, but i'm nearly as clueless as the rest of you.

i will say that i've been in private communication with lord fullbladder since the first day of play.

Who has also been pretty much silent. Though that's more for personal reasons then anything.

Anyways, I think I've figured out who you are. And if I'm right, you're town. Or maybe neutral, if that exists in this game. That or you've managed to play a really good mind game on me.

So it may be futile but I'm changing my vote to smuchmunch.

As for the Seer, well logically, I can't think of why they'd trust Indarra alone with the information when we've got a mostly trustworthy voicepiece in Mordekai who is possibly doomed anyways, instead of bringing Indarra into the firing line. So I'm guessing it's a wolf that's contacted him, because if a Seer contacted Mordekai already, we'd be able to narrow down a wolf without much difficulty.

igordragonian
2017-05-04, 01:31 AM
AvatarVecna- I actually don't understand why are you voting yourself?

About this possible seer/fool- we need to remember, we have three sides.
Narrator-sama said they had abilities too.. didn't he?

Thematthew
2017-05-04, 01:42 AM
Am reading through day. Will give analysis later tonight.

2017-05-04, 02:07 AM
AvatarVecna- I actually don't understand why are you voting yourself?

About this possible seer/fool- we need to remember, we have three sides.
Narrator-sama said they had abilities too.. didn't he?

it's simple: i'm calling your bluff. well, not your bluff, but this supposed seers. whether they think i'm actually a wolf, or they know that i'm not, it'll be plain to see once the dust has settled, but even if you lynch me here and now, that won't be until the end of the game. until they've got a scry on somebody actually confirmed though - and lynching me today won't give them that even after the first five days are over- acting on their information just means they're turning people like you into the proverbial bull in a china shop, causing a lot of unnecessary destruction with no real rhyme or reason.

also, parroting forum explorer and switching back to smuchmuch for today. i don't know for sure if they're trustworthy or not, but what communication i've had with fullbladder hasn't really given much of a wolf or townie impression, while what i've seen of smuchmuch in-thread has been a lot more curious and leaning a bit towards the former.

smuchmuch
2017-05-04, 04:33 AM
Well then, we have to keep competing bandwagon, do we not ? :smalltongue:

Mordokai
2017-05-04, 04:35 AM
I'm so ****ing confused right now. The whole time jumping shenanigans, lots of people contacting me... and me having just the slightest of idea what to do with all the information. At this point, I kinda wish I was dead-dead, not just almost-dead. Been to long since I've played these things and too much on my RL plate ATM.

Based on the information given to me, I'm gona vote smuchmuch. One of the people who claimed a role that would be very good in this case will know better than I will if this turns out beneficial for the town. Since I think this is my last day alive, I will pass the info that may be useful to some other people before I die and hope that it wasn't all just a big wolf scam to get the info out of me. But before that happens, narrator, please confirm this is indeed my last day amongst the living, so I don't do anything stupid before there's absolute need for it. Sorry for asking nonstop, but I really do feel more than slightly confused.

Tom the Mime
2017-05-04, 04:51 AM
Second last day alive. Day 2 is still to come, as is night 3 (where you can still post publically)

Duck999
2017-05-04, 05:57 AM
I'm going to vote for AvatarVecna. If/when Logic's story gets corroborated on day 2, I'll be more willing to look at Smuchmuch.

Meta
2017-05-04, 06:39 AM

Thematthew
2017-05-04, 08:05 AM
Based on what I'm reading, and a bit of an assumption, I'm voting for smuchmuch . Fact is, as pointed out in the opening narration, wolves start disconnected so they don't know who else is a wolf any better than we do. With that in mind, I would think that we should keep the wagons close, so Mordokai's contact can potentially swing things easier if needed.

2017-05-04, 11:08 AM
I'll confirm that I have been in contact with AvatarVecna. It is in my interests to vote Smuchmuch, as I have been given no reason to distrust him.

Zar Peter
2017-05-04, 03:53 PM
Point at smuchsmuch. Hard to keep track currently, sorry.

Actually, it's so hard that I didn't even notice I was killed in my bed while "I got you babe" was running in the radio. Sorry!

Tom the Mime
2017-05-04, 06:38 PM
The whole village was building a gallows. Well, almost the whole village. When they started looking for the person they were going to string up, they just couldn't find them. They kept searching until finally they gave up and dismantled the gallows. Almost the very second that they were done, the one they were looking for wandered into the square. Someone asked "Where were you? We were all meant to meet here this morning". With a twinkle in their eye, the newcomer just replied "I arrived precisely when I meant to".

Day 4 ends. Nobody died.
Night 3 begins and will end in approximately 48 hours.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the square, fuzzysora ripped off a hitherto unseen mask and revealed himself to be Zar Peter (the Second).

Zar Peter has replaced fuzzysora as an autolynch replacement (not enough privileged info or survival chances for Zar Peter not to be an autolynch replacement).

D2:
N3:
D4: Nobody died

Forum Explorer
2017-05-04, 09:35 PM
Last count for the day was:

Smuchmuch: 5

So that was a tie. Huh. I'm pretty sure AvatarVecna was first to be chosen over all, though I'm not sure how that works with switching votes. Unless I miscounted. Anyone want to double check?

2017-05-05, 01:32 PM
my vote during the d2 election a few days ago/tomorrow is a seer test. saying this now just in case i'm incapable of saying it then/tomorrow.

Logic
2017-05-05, 03:19 PM
my vote during the d2 election a few days ago/tomorrow is a seer test. saying this now just in case i'm incapable of saying it then/tomorrow.

What if we wanna open it and we are not "butthurt" as you so eloquently stated? :smalltongue:

2017-05-05, 03:28 PM
What if we wanna open it and we are not "butthurt" as you so eloquently stated? :smalltongue:

i guess you can open it whenever you want. but since it serves as an explanation for my vote tomorrow, the only reason opening it would be necessary is if i was disallowed from explaining my vote for some reason...a reason that, while i can't say for sure, i would likely attribute to somebody being butthurt about today's lynch. :smallwink:

Tom the Mime
2017-05-06, 08:03 PM
Large parts of the conversation taken/modified grin an old BBC show.

The night passed relatively quietly. There was a rather odd conversation the following morning though.

"Brace yourself for a bit of a shock Ramsus, but I just saw you die."
"What?"
"I did warn you to brace yourself."
"You didn't give me much of a chance."
"I gave you ample bracing time."
"No you didn't. You didn't even pause."

After everyone calmed down a little, the discussion continued.

"So I was killed during night. So if my killer dies, I can stop myself from dying."
"Can't be done"
"If I can find my murderer today, I can stop this from happening."
"It has happened!"
"But it hasn't, has it? It has will have going to have happened happened but it hasn't actually happened happened yet"
"Poppycock! It will be happened; it shall be going to be happening; it will be was an event that could will have been taken place in the future. Simple as that. Your bucket's been kicked, baby."

Night 3 ends. Ramsus was killed
Day 2 begins and will end in approximately 48 hours.

D2:
N3: Ramsus was killed

2017-05-06, 08:14 PM
guess that means it's time for a spacetime continuum test! igordragonian, i'm afraid you've been accused of cheating.

Forum Explorer
2017-05-06, 10:19 PM
igordragonian, because that'll also 'save' AvatarVecna and I think them surviving being lynched is proof of being Town (or neutral). I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be a wolf ability.

On a different note, Indarra I'm pretty sure you're 'Seer' was either a wolf or a fool.

Ramsus
2017-05-06, 10:23 PM
I will also cast my undead-like vote for igordragonian.

smuchmuch
2017-05-06, 11:10 PM
I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be a wolf ability.

It could be, tho. Or a wolf could trick the day banner into banning them if they were connected to them.
Still I agree it seems simpler to assume Avatarvecna is town.

I don't get what the "igordragonian" wagon is based on, tho ?

edit: nevermind, he jsut said 'seer test'.
Fine, igordragonian then

igordragonian
2017-05-06, 11:43 PM
What would AvatarVecna do? he would vote igordragonian

2017-05-06, 11:46 PM
What would AvatarVecna do? he would vote igordragonian

of all the ways to serve as an inspiration... :smalltongue:

Lex-Kat
2017-05-06, 11:56 PM
Since this is the last Day, I want to kill Ramsus. I want to see how this changes things. :smallamused:

Ramsus
2017-05-06, 11:59 PM
It won't? I'd already be dead anyway.

Indarra
2017-05-07, 12:17 AM
igordragonian told me that they scried AV as a wolf. In the night, I was contacted by someone else who claimed to have access to a scry: igordragonian is a wolf.
I had someone else checking out AvatarVecna and he checks out. I think he's a neutral, but that's not a wolf.
Igordragonian is a wolf with a scrying power. That may or may not mean devil, looking at the opening posts.

2017-05-07, 12:30 AM
Fascinating. igordragonian.

igordragonian
2017-05-07, 01:19 AM
Well, the moment people knew of my ability to scry I was done.
With me I.Q and lame attempt to be sneaky there were only one way for it to end.

How ever, I want to make an offer- to be your "pet" wolf. I could scry for you, letting you know who is towny.
I won't betray wolves, but this might be a thing.
Or just get rid of the wolf you have caught.

Thematthew
2017-05-07, 01:41 AM
Igordragonian, because not killing a wolf doesn't sound like the smartest idea.

Meta
2017-05-07, 08:15 AM
I self voted because Logic was looking to lynch smuchmuch because I didn't understand what Logic's power did and I mislead him as a result. My apologies Logic, I did not think your ability would work on days that had happened before you used it. Good to know.

I'm the vig, I shot Kish. He/She was being suspiciously non-committal. I figured they're either a wolf/neutral or a townie who's not contributing much.

AV could still easily be a neutral we don't want around. Perhaps igordragonian saw AV as a threat to the wolves and was wolfish enough that town would be satisfied with that as a scry test. Something to keep in mind.

I have no idea what lynching Ramsus would accomplish, Lex. Duck has also been flying under the radar.

Duck999
2017-05-07, 09:51 AM
Well, for now the obvious thing is igordragonian.

Kish
2017-05-07, 10:00 AM
Meta. Can't talk.

Meta
2017-05-07, 10:10 AM
Something that just occurred to me:

It's possible that igor isn't the devil or whatever role is scrying for wolves and just is connected to the wolf seer. They could easily be keeping their devil safer and if you were going to pull a gambit like this you'd want to do it through the beast if you had one. Can we arrange it so that the only people on igor's wagon are those like me that are about to die anyways? That could prevent a possibly unneeded death.

Unless there are additional shenanigans at play, you can also say more Kish. You don't die until tonight as I understand the timeline.

2017-05-07, 10:21 AM

It's possible that igor isn't the devil or whatever role is scrying for wolves and just is connected to the wolf seer. They could easily be keeping their devil safer and if you were going to pull a gambit like this you'd want to do it through the beast if you had one. Can we arrange it so that the only people on igor's wagon are those like me that are about to die anyways? That could prevent a possibly unneeded death.

Unless there are additional shenanigans at play, you can also say more Kish. You don't die until tonight as I understand the timeline.

i can't speak for anybody else, but i'm willing to take that risk for the sake of the seer test, and i'd rather not leave the wagon light to prevent any wolf interference.

Kish
2017-05-07, 10:25 AM

Can I? Oh, thanks. Sorry, I got confused.

I don't know why you'd consider me suspiciously non-committal, especially if it's before I was killed and became unable to talk. I'm sorry I couldn't positively identify a wolf the second day of the game (which was day one). Either way. If you're a wolf, you dying is good whether it's tonight or today, but you dying today rather than tonight will mean I don't die. If you're exactly what you claim to be, you're dead anyway tonight apparently*, and if we kill you today, I don't die and quite possibly the wolves get to kill no one tonight, which is all upside. I don't believe igordragonian is part of a complex scheme. Your speculation about what the wolves would want to do gives them an amazing amount of luck, to go from "the agents don't start in contact but targeting a fellow agent with the night kill (when controlling it) or an alignment scry brings them into your network" to "the Devil and the Beast are already in contact and deliberately sacrificing the Beast, this early"; it's an argument that would compel people who think about default Werewolf games and not this one where the wolves don't start in contact and have a sharply limited ability to contact each other, but it's not a good argument, and that makes me quite suspicious.

*Unless we happen to pick the one who killed you, and the odds are heavily against that unless someone wants to pipe up and say "I killed Meta," like you did with me.

Meta
2017-05-07, 10:26 AM
I can't speak for anybody else, but I'm willing to take that risk for the sake of the seer test, and I'd rather not leave the wagon light to prevent any wolf interference.

It would definitely take a high level of coordination, and hopefully we'd have people online around the deadline to adjust things if wolves got opportunistic. Up to the group, of course.

EDIT: Just missed your post when I typed mine up, Kish.

I think you're being snarky about IDing wolves on day 2, but a good town player can contribute a lot even if they don't hit wolves. Creating discussion, airing suspicions, etc. Your posts are very light on crunch. My quick skim could betray me, but it appears you've posted once each day phase, and each didn't bring much to the table. Basically you did the bare minimum to skate by without becoming inactive. For me, that's a wolf tell or a careful power role tell. Since I'd been PMed about other info roles (due to being largely cleared by my night death) I took a chance. I think your current post is great, with more of that I definitely wouldn't have targeted you, though that may be cold comfort. I admit the case against you was nowhere near 100%, apologies if you are town. I know real life sometimes intrudes on time for these sorts of games as well, additional apologies if that was the case.

You are correct on it being unlikely that the Devil and Beast have connected, but it is possible. Even if it's a 1% chance of my scenario playing out I hoped to prevent even that 1% to keep another town player in the game.

Kish
2017-05-07, 10:38 AM
Since to have a significant chance of living through the day I have to start a rather unlikely late wagon on Meta, I might as well claim: my role name is Gravekeeper. I learn some information about someone who dies at night at the start of the day phase before they die. Zar Peter was something called a "mayor." About Meta I learned only that he was a "killer"; I don't know whether that means vigilante, as he claimed, or relates to sending the current wolf night kill somehow.

Indarra
2017-05-07, 11:29 AM

I wouldn't worry about that.
I don't want to give wolves any information but trust me, Igordragonian is the one that scried.
Also look over the opening post. I think the wolves are disconnected - all of them have a scry so that they can find one another.

Meta
2017-05-07, 11:58 AM
I wouldn't worry about that.
I don't want to give wolves any information but trust me, Igordragonian is the one that scried.
Also look over the opening post. I think the wolves are disconnected - all of them have a scry so that they can find one another.

Got it, looks fairly clear cut today then.

Is Gray Mage still playing?

Can we get an updated player list, including who's dead and will die for good after this phase, narrator?

If I get cut off due to my unfortunate and approaching demise, Lex and Duck are who I'd lean on next.

Zar Peter
2017-05-07, 03:16 PM
It seems we kill igordragonian? I'm ok with that.

Tom the Mime
2017-05-07, 05:44 PM
Is Gray Mage still playing?

Can we get an updated player list, including who's dead and will die for good after this phase, narrator?

Unless they post today, they're getting autolynched so probably not really.

And yes, I was planning to have an player list with permadeath updating at the end of each block of phases. It won't get updated mid block given the potential for change but there will still be the section showing what's happened in the current block.

Tom the Mime
2017-05-14, 09:51 PM
With the time the forum was down, the day will end in 24 hours to give people time for anything they planned to reveal before they died died.

Tom the Mime
2017-05-16, 05:36 AM
Everyone seemed to want to lynch the dragon. Even the dragon. So they did. Afterwards, they could almost feel time recover. Everything that happened seemed to become more stable, more immutable. Everything that had happened was going to stay happened.

Day 2. Igordragonian was lynched. Gray Mage has been autolynched. The first block is over and all results are locked in.
Day 6 begins and will end in approximately 48 hours.

D2: igordragonian was lynched
N3: Ramsus was killed

Player

Died
Alignment

ThePhantom
Day 1
Time Guardian

Zar Peter
Night 1
Time Guardian

igordragonian
Day 2
Agent of Paradox

Meta
Night 2
Time Guardian

Kish
Night 2
Agent of Paradox

Shadow11615
Day 3
Agent of Paradox

Ramsus
Night 3
Time Guardian

Mordokai
Night 4
Time Guardian

Gray Mage
Autolynched block 1
Time Guardian

Duck999

flat_footed

Forum Explorer

Indarra

Lord Fullbladder

Logic

Lex-kat

smuchmuch

Thematthew

fuzzysora Zar Peter

Please make sure you at least post this phase. Anyone who doesn't will be up for autolynch replacement if someone is available (assuming people might have lost interest/track during forum downtime).

Indarra
2017-05-16, 05:56 AM
Which phase is it?

2017-05-16, 06:25 AM
d3: shadow11615 was lynched
n4: mordokai was killed
d1: thephantom was lynched
n2: meta was killed. kish was also killed
n1: zar peter was killed
d4: nobody died
n3: ramsus was killed
d2: igordragonian was lynched

first off, i've taken the liberty of organizing the death list in the order the kills occurred, rather than their technical order.
hope nobody minds.

secondly, it looks like the seer test was a rousing success! i look forward to seeing who gets scried tomorrow. speaking of which:

living players
duck999
flat_footed
forum explorer
fuzzysora
gray mage
indarra
lex-kat
logic
lord fullbladder, master of goblins
smuchmuch
thematthew

i'm off to get some reads, see if i can puzzle anything out of those bonehead paradox agents.

Thematthew
2017-05-16, 07:07 AM
So, one: it's day 6, so we actually don't get the next scry until later; and two: it was stated in the initial post that the agents of paradox don't start in contact, so the voting records may be less informative for the earlier days.

2017-05-16, 07:26 AM
So, one: it's day 6, so we actually don't get the next scry until later; and two: it was stated in the initial post that the agents of paradox don't start in contact, so the voting records may be less informative for the earlier days.

see, i was thinking the same thing at first, but now i'm not so sure. here's the wagons on the first day of voting (which was d3):

flat_footed: AvatarVecna/Lord Fullbladder
Forum Explorer: Indarra
igordragonian: Forum Explorer/Zar Peter/AvatarVecna/ThePhantom/Kish
Indarra: Thematthew
Kish: ThePhantom
Lord Fullbladder: flat_footed
Shadow11615: Ramsus/igordragonian/fuzzysora/Meta/Duck999/Zar Peter
Zar Peter: Mordokai/Logic/smuchmuch

each colored name is a narrator-confirmed role (and also me, but you don't have to trust that one if you don't want to i guess), each crossed-out name is where somebody switched their vote, and each underlined name is somebody who got nightkilled by the wolves. you may notice that all four nightkills were time guardians, and you might also notice that three of them are on the same wagon (with the only one that isn't being the first nightkill chronologically). you might then notice that the wagon they're all on happens to be the first lynch of the game, which turned out to be a wolf, and that if it weren't for meta killing kish in the night,
shadow would've been saved, lynching igor that first day and thus meaning that the last lynch of the first section would've been wasted at best or redirected to a villager at worst.

that's...that's too convenient for the wolves for it to be entirely coincidental, don't you think? i know they don't start out in contact with each other, but i imagine that there's at least a couple wolves that got in contact at some point.

Indarra
2017-05-16, 09:25 AM
My Dialogue with a Wolf:

I understand you have some sort of scry; my power allows me to identify one's abilities. If you like, I can be your liaison - that is, I can tell the town what your scries are and so you can share your knowledge with the town without exposure.
If you are willing to accept this plan, please reply to me with your Night One scry results.
Ehh.. I don't know. I'm a bit afraid to do something like that now

I have located someone who is capable of baning. Would you like me to put you in contact with them?

Also, do you have any helpful scries? We've had two night phases, so you could have selected two targets.
Hmm.. Shadow was agent of Paradox. And so is Avatar Vecna

Fortunately, igordragonian did not request contact with a baner or any power role at all. I then became busy trying to find a way to test Vecna's role after death. I had my suspicions on igor, as will be revealed when I post my role QT post-game.
Igor did seem to know that Shadow was a wolf and saw no harm in revealing this as Shadow was already dead. It's possible they were in a network.

Forum Explorer
2017-05-16, 11:50 AM
I'm not ready to vote yet, I want to reread things and try and figure stuff out first.

Narrator: So we don't get to learn the specific roles of the dead, just their team?

Everyone else: Holy crap, we rocked that. We only hit a villager once with lynches? Good work! (Well technically Avatar Vecna was hit, but he survived) :smallbiggrin:

Indarra
2017-05-16, 02:07 PM
It looks like I've basically already claimed, so my role name is Acolyte of Time, a Time Guardian. I don't want to share my findings with the wolves, so I will not be broadcasting town roles here.

2017-05-16, 07:22 PM
I'm still here. Things have gone rather nicely so far.

Forum Explorer
2017-05-16, 11:33 PM
Okay, looking back Smuchmuch was said by Mordokai to be suspicious

Based on the information given to me, I'm gona vote smuchmuch. One of the people who claimed a role that would be very good in this case will know better than I will if this turns out beneficial for the town. Since I think this is my last day alive, I will pass the info that may be useful to some other people before I die and hope that it wasn't all just a big wolf scam to get the info out of me. But before that happens, narrator, please confirm this is indeed my last day amongst the living, so I don't do anything stupid before there's absolute need for it. Sorry for asking nonstop, but I really do feel more than slightly confused.

Now, that could have been Igor who was claiming against Smuchmuch, but there were a lot of people with suspicions against him back then. And that was never really resolved, though honestly I thought he'd end up dying in AvatarVecna's place.

In other news, I'm leaving to go volunteer as a Reptile Field Technician, and I may not have the internet access to continue playing. Which would be really sad, because I'm feeling good about this game. I don't know for sure one way or the other, I'm just giving you all a heads up on why I might just randomly disappear on the 21st. Well, it'll take me 3 days to get there, so I'll be disappearing for a while regardless. It's just that once I arrive, I have no idea if I'll have internet or not.

Duck999
2017-05-17, 07:26 PM
I'm sorry for inactivity. With the forum going down and so much info to take in, this is difficult. It's also difficult to figure stuff out, especially from the first day, because wolves don't start in contact. I'll give this one last check and try to get a nice vote in by the day's end.

Thematthew
2017-05-18, 01:21 AM
I'll accept smuchmuch for right now, still looking over what went on previously though.

Also, AV, I do know that the wolves had managed to get connected with Shadow, since his being a wolf was confirmed to me bu igordragonian. What I'm saying is that the voting records of the first couple days that happened are not particularly useful, since the only way for wolves to have known going into the day that who they were voting for was a wolf would have been already being in contact. Or self voting I suppose...

Duck999
2017-05-18, 05:31 AM
First things first:

and this is a great example of why you don't explain the joke, people. it ruins the humor, and takes even more effort than making the joke in the first place.

AV, explaining a joke is a lot like dissecting (vivisecting?) a frog. You find out how it works, but it dies in the process.

Actually relevant: I do still think AV might be worth some looking into, but Logic's claim about Smcuhmuch and Fullbladder were dropped surprisingly quickly to a seer claim one I still think that's something to look at, so I'll vote Smuchmuch and hope we get some nice information out of this.

2017-05-18, 06:05 AM
i agree that logic's accusation is worth looking into, and of the two i'm leaning towards investigating smuchmuch, but i fully admit that might be because i've had a rather pleasant time chatting with fullbladder thus far.

of course, i'm also a bit curious about why duck999 thinks i'm 'worth some looking into', given that i've completed a successful and uncounterclaimed seer test, not to mention flat-out surviving a lynch, not even shifting the lynch to another player (a power that, as others have mentioned, would be a pretty odd power for wolves to have, particularly in a game like this).

smuchmuch
2017-05-18, 06:06 AM
Well I'm not going to vote for myself and i dodn't have much to defend myself. I'm town, that's all I can say. I'd like to know why i've been claimed to be suspicious but I doubt i'll see it.
I'd like to remind; Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins was also part of Logic claim, tho.

Indarra
2017-05-18, 06:36 AM
Running off of the assumption that the wolves were partially networked (and igordragonian's knowledge of Shadow's role seems to point to this), igor dropped a vote on ThePhantom to pile onto Kish. If igor knew that Phantom was a wolf but did not know the same of Kish, this would make a large amount of sense.

2017-05-18, 06:43 AM
Running off of the assumption that the wolves were partially networked (and igordragonian's knowledge of Shadow's role seems to point to this), igor dropped a vote on ThePhantom to pile onto Kish. If igor knew that Phantom was a wolf but did not know the same of Kish, this would make a large amount of sense.

my current theory (which is just that, a theory) is that if wolves started out wholy unconnected, and can only "detect"
each other through a scry, then the only other way for a wolf to find out the identity of another wolf would be if wolf 1 (the highest ranked wolf)
died, and then wolf 2 suddenly gained control over the wolf-teams night-kill. admittedly, there's two issues with this theory: the first, and smaller,
issue is that under this theory, igor didn't target somebody on shadow's wagon the first night they had the kill power, which is weird but potentially explainable by their relative inexperience. of course, that's the other issue with this theory: their relative inexperience. even if my theory on how wolf 2 could learn the identity of wolf 2, were the top two ranked wolves really shadow11615 and igordragonian? no disrespect to either player,
of course, but they're both relatively new to all this, so it seems weird, especially in a game where them getting advised by more experienced wolf partners wouldn't be happening until at least mid-game.

Indarra
2017-05-18, 06:53 AM
My guess doesn't rely on either one holding the night kill power. Only that they learned of each other.

2017-05-18, 06:55 AM
My guess doesn't rely on either one holding the night kill power. Only that they learned of each other.

regardless of who holds the night power, i'd appreciate you removing your vote from thephantom, if for no other reason than that they're already dead. rather appropriate for a phantom, i'd say. :smallwink:

Thematthew
2017-05-18, 06:57 AM
Night kills and scries from other wolves towards wolves will put them in contact

From the intro post.

Given that igordraonian could scry people... I'm pretty sure I know how he got in touch with other wolves.

Indarra
2017-05-18, 07:01 AM
Certainly. I'm just assuming he knew a few more wolves than just Shadow.

Logic
2017-05-18, 09:03 AM
Well I'm not going to vote for myself and i dodn't have much to defend myself. I'm town, that's all I can say. I'd like to know why i've been claimed to be suspicious but I doubt i'll see it.
I'd like to remind; Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins was also part of Logic claim, tho.

My conclusions were drawn from the death of Kish, as well as a few of the things I know to be going on in the background. Since Meta has claimed to have been the killer, I can no longer support my claim from earlier about one of the two of you being a killing role, and his claim complicates some of the information I already have.

However, I need to reread before I cast a vote. The week-long hiatus didn't help anyone, but I do think that Smuchmuch might be a decent lynch candidate. I am less sure now than I was before.

Duck999
2017-05-18, 01:10 PM
of course, i'm also a bit curious about why duck999 thinks i'm 'worth some looking into', given that i've completed a successful and uncounterclaimed seer test, not to mention flat-out surviving a lynch, not even shifting the lynch to another player (a power that, as others have mentioned, would be a pretty odd power for wolves to have, particularly in a game like this).

Clearly, I'm blind. Igor gave two results, one of which was actually a wolf. I forgot that igor himself turned up wolf, making that WIFOM material. My apologies.

Zar Peter
2017-05-18, 02:44 PM
first off, i've taken the liberty of organizing the death list in the order the kills occurred, rather than their technical order.
hope nobody minds.

secondly, it looks like the seer test was a rousing success! i look forward to seeing who gets scried tomorrow. speaking of which:

living players
duck999
flat_footed
forum explorer
fuzzysoraZar Peter II
gray mage
indarra
lex-kat
logic
lord fullbladder, master of goblins
smuchmuch
thematthew

i'm off to get some reads, see if i can puzzle anything out of those bonehead paradox agents.

I thought I was missing something in this list. Now I know.

I don't have much but I'd like to put a bit pressure and hear from Lord Fullbladder, why we shouldn't lynch him.

2017-05-18, 06:11 PM
Oh boy, Zar, You just gotta go and put a guy on the spot, don't'cha? Well the truth is I don't know who we should lynch so I can give you a 'better option', as it were, and the thing is that if your bent to kill me, me being all "but I'm on Town's side!" isn't going to sway you. I won't claim one or more roles, or fewer, that's not my style. I can only hinge on some part of you realizing that you accuse an innocent man.

*twirls moustache, wrings hands nefariously*

That last bit was a joke.

In the immediate defence of myself I will vote at Smuchmuch, sorry smuch, but I do wish Mordokai had had the chance to elaborate on their information.

Lex-Kat
2017-05-18, 07:12 PM
Smuchmuch.

Tom the Mime
2017-05-19, 03:29 AM
The Guardians were buoyed by the success of the past few days. Feeling confident in themselves, they went on to strung up smuchmuch, with few dissenters. Someone did wind up accusing a corpse though.

Day 6 is over. Smuchmuch was lynched
Night 8 begins and ends in 48 hours

Day 5:
Night 5:
Day 6: smuchmuch was lynched
Night 6:
Day 7:
Night 7:
Day 8:
Night 8:

Player

Died
Alignment

ThePhantom
Day 1
Time Guardian

Zar Peter
Night 1
Time Guardian

igordragonian
Day 2
Agent of Paradox

Meta
Night 2
Time Guardian

Kish
Night 2
Agent of Paradox

Shadow11615
Day 3
Agent of Paradox

Ramsus
Night 3
Time Guardian

Mordokai
Night 4
Time Guardian

Gray Mage
Autolynched block 1
Time Guardian

Duck999

flat_footed

Forum Explorer

Indarra

Lord Fullbladder

Logic

Lex-kat

smuchmuch

Thematthew

fuzzysora Zar Peter

2017-05-20, 07:06 PM
Hogwarts WW Redux (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?525028-Hogwarts-Redux) is accepting players at this time.

Tom the Mime
2017-05-21, 04:05 AM
The air felt strange to the villagers. So many people they knew were already dead. Half the people they could see tonight were probably already dead and just didn't know it yet. The pensive mood seemed to consume the whole town but when that morning arrived, no one had seen their own imminent death.

Night 8 is over. Nobody died
Day 8 begins and ends in 48 hours

flat_footed was replaced by Xihirli

Day 5:
Night 5:
Day 6: smuchmuch was lynched
Night 6:
Day 7:
Night 7:
Day 8:
Night 8: No one died

Player

Died
Alignment

ThePhantom
Day 1
Time Guardian

Zar Peter
Night 1
Time Guardian

igordragonian
Day 2
Agent of Paradox

Meta
Night 2
Time Guardian

Kish
Night 2
Agent of Paradox

Shadow11615
Day 3
Agent of Paradox

Ramsus
Night 3
Time Guardian

Mordokai
Night 4
Time Guardian

Gray Mage
Autolynched block 1
Time Guardian

Duck999

flat_footedXihirli

Forum Explorer

Indarra

Lord Fullbladder

Logic

Lex-kat

smuchmuch

Thematthew

fuzzysora Zar Peter

2017-05-21, 04:21 AM
for the moment, i would like to hear more out of thematthew, since they usually have some idea of what they're doing. penny for your thoughts, buddy?

Thematthew
2017-05-21, 04:30 AM
If somebody who knows what Grey Mage and ThePhantom were would like to get in touch with me, I'd like to get something going.

I don't have the best idea about where to go yet, but I'm working some things I've learned together.