PDA

View Full Version : Dnd equivalent of Nemesis villain from Resident evil 3

chase0351
2017-04-01, 07:03 PM
I'm trying to think of a way to use this character/lore

I'd post the link to this character but this forum forbids me as a new person here.

The Symbol, pg122 of the Cityscape sourcebook. It can be found as an excerpt in the wotc site with a Google search.

I love the concept and how badass a villain it would be only I'm not sure how to make a story of it.

Background: my campaign is about a band of the thieves trying to expand as much as possible. They've taken over a small branch of the local thieves Guild and got caught by the those powers that be, the shadow theives. They go on heists, they made a deal with a demon. They're currently trying to survive a place called assassins run, which is basically a danger room/running man game show deadly entrance exam type deal for the guild. They also have been made into silhouettes, which in my campaign are like the expendables+secret police of the shadow thieves guild. They own some brothels, smuggling rings and employ the street urchins. They are in Athkatla. Magic is forbidden but there are places the magic police, "The Cowled Wizards" look the other way at or just miss due to spells of non detection and antimagic field.

I guess I just like this because the concept reminds me of nemesis from resident evil and I like how it would just bust into your **** periodically like the koolaid man and say STAHRZ.. it was terrifying and cool.

Yora
2017-04-02, 01:31 AM
Well, basically it's some kind of flesh golem. Not much more to it. Except that it is indistructable by normal means. How to represent that mechanically would depend on the rules used in the campaign. It could either be immune to most damage or regenerate almost all damage stupidly fast.

The main challenge is to let the players know that they can not fight it and have to run away when it shows up. In most campaigns everything that shows up for a fight will be easily beatable and the story requires that it will be beat, so running away is not even seen as an option to most parties.

Calthropstu
2017-04-02, 07:49 AM
Jill Valentine and company are not a very high level characters. They have quite a bit of trouble with what are essentially zombies and ghouls.
The Nemesis is merely a low level undead or golem with regeneration and some decent D/R. And Jill/Chris were morons. They should have cut off its head after the second time they defeated it.

chase0351
2017-04-03, 10:04 PM
The main challenge is to let the players know that they can not fight it and have to run away when it shows up.

If my players are walking into a death hole I make sure they know by telling them and assuring that I have secured playable npcs for them after they have died. I believe it's only fair to express to the player how much a highly intelligent, talented and experienced character has uncovered during their pondering through very blunt ooc conversation.

Ahhh! And maybe the umbrella corporation can be a clan of necromancers pretending to be a clergy that offers extremely cheap ressurections. They have perfected their art very much, but seek complete political and economic power. They engineer undead monsters to fight wars. But they have large scale genocidal, unethical experiments. I could have a city that is completely overrun with zombies! I'll call it Racuna City!

The Nemesis is merely a low level undead or golem with regeneration and some decent D/R. And Jill/Chris were morons. They should have cut off its head after the second time they defeated it.

Lol Jill and Chris WERE idiots. I think I can put them in there as Jillia and Kriss or something and have the party save them. They'll be clerics employed by the necromancer clan! Code name Star Sworn. (Insert lore about star related initiation and customs) ****!