PDA

View Full Version : DM Help What to play...

Death_Lord12
2017-04-01, 08:44 PM
This coming Saturday I will be introducing two friends to D&D, and I will be building their characters. The problem is, they said they don't care what they play. So does anyone have any ideas for characters? It doesn't matter what it is, simple or complex, sane or insane, doesn't matter, I just need ideas.

Note: Specifically I am asking for ideas, not builds (I'm good at character building as long as I know what I'm building), but if you wish to include suggested builds with the idea(s) that is fine too.

Thanks in advance.

Celestia
2017-04-01, 09:50 PM
A human marshal and an awakened rat sorcerer focusing on electric spells.

ATHATH
2017-04-01, 09:57 PM
Could you give us some more details about them? Any known interests, general playstyles, tolerance levels of complexity, etc. that you would know by virtue of being their friend?

John Longarrow
2017-04-01, 10:04 PM
Half Minotaur Orc Barbarian and a whispergnome beguiler/warlock?

flappeercraft
2017-04-01, 10:18 PM
What about a Tiefling God Wizard and Half minotaur chain tripper

BloodSnake'sCha
2017-04-02, 12:07 AM
Make a Halfling Rouge/Master Thrower follower of Dallah Thaun that uses throwing daggers.

This is very similar to my first PC, it easy to use and fun to use(The fun part you can say on every PC).

Dr.Gunsforhands
2017-04-02, 12:26 AM
Maybe make them both druids? They have a default motivation and a secret society built-in, which would encourage them to work together, plus you can get a feel of their play styles based on which of their many options they actually bother using or asking about. Druids use a little of every mechanic in the game, so they seem like they'd make for decent tutorials.

Plus you could use their animal companions to help them out when they get stuck. :smalltongue:

nintendoh
2017-04-02, 12:41 AM
One plays a pal of tyranny. One plays a pal of freedom. Let the dice gods decide!

flappeercraft
2017-04-02, 01:28 AM
I just came up with the best idea. Dvati Druid/Beastmasters with Wild Cohort, Leadership and Dragon cohort feats for both of them

BloodSnake'sCha
2017-04-02, 01:29 AM
Make a Red Wizard of Thay and a Thayan Knight Frenzied Berserker(he have to fail the save of a Red Wizard spell, now you can stop a frenzy).

The Red Wizard just need to be non-good(and not only EVIL as some people think).

You can make the Thayan Knight EVIL if you want, after all he is under the control of the Red Wizard.

eggynack
2017-04-02, 02:17 AM
I just came up with the best idea. Dvati Druid/Beastmasters with Wild Cohort, Leadership and Dragon cohort feats for both of them
It's cool in theory, but I dunno that I can ever consider an idea that includes beastmaster the best idea. That class is so frigging dumb.

Metahuman1
2017-04-02, 03:39 AM
Maybe build them a Crusader and a Psion? Keeps it varied and a bit more intuitive if you use cards or make dice tables for the Crusader manure's, and PP being basically Mana in every RPG will be easy for them to recall. But there still varied and fun and mechanically effective.

Particle_Man
2017-04-02, 02:46 PM
He is a Sapphire Hierarch. She is a Ruby Knight Vindicator. They fight crime.

flappeercraft
2017-04-02, 03:23 PM
It's cool in theory, but I dunno that I can ever consider an idea that includes beastmaster the best idea. That class is so frigging dumb.

Yeah, beastmaster might not be the best PrC but I meant best as in most ridiculous

ExLibrisMortis
2017-04-02, 03:36 PM
He is a Sapphire Hierarch. She is a Ruby Knight Vindicator. They fight crime.
This is good.

I'd use at least one initiator, with maneuver cards printed out. The second can be a castery type - one of the list casters, I'd say - or maybe a support build (marshal, bard, White Raven).