PDA

View Full Version : Vampire weapons help!

Longbow520
2017-04-02, 08:02 PM
Ok so i'm playing my first game of Vampire the Masquerade 3rd edition in a little over a week. My character is a Tremere using a switchblade, a smallish 9mm pistol and a Sten submachine gun. Can someone recommend some stats for pre One World of Darkness weapons?

Jimmah
2017-04-02, 10:06 PM
Ok so i'm playing my first game of Vampire the Masquerade 3rd edition in a little over a week. My character is a Tremere using a switchblade, a smallish 9mm pistol and a Sten sub-machine gun. Can someone recommend some stats for pre One World of Darkness weapons?

I tend to find basic weapons are all roughly the same for game purposes - for example different SMGs might have a slightly bigger clip or slightly faster rate of fire but in game it usually isn't worth simulating this unless you are gun enthusiasts.

Generic Knife

Difficulty 5
Damage Strength + 1

9mm Pistol

Difficulty 7
Damage 4
Rate of Fire 4
Clip 17 (remembering that the VTM books were written ~15-20 years ago and I am not sure if this would have changed in the US?)

Sten gun (9x19mm Parabellum)

Difficulty 7
Damage 4
Rate of Fire 18
Clip 30

Hope this helps

Longbow520
2017-04-03, 05:02 PM
How exactly would difficulty factor in?

Jimmah
2017-04-03, 09:51 PM
How exactly would difficulty factor in?

Difficulty is simply a measure of how hard it would be for an average person to achieve a task competently.

From memory most combat actions are difficulty 6 in 3rd.

You have a dice pool which you are rolling against the difficulty. For example your dice pool might be Dexterity + Firearms to fire a gun.

LibraryOgre
2017-04-04, 12:11 PM
The Mod Wonder: Thread already in Other Systems.