PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder What do you think of Voidstick Zombies? Zuvembies?

Coidzor
2017-04-02, 09:24 PM
How have you used them?

What are some good uses for them?

For those who don't know, a Voidstick Zombie (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/undead/zombie/zombie-voidstick/) is an intelligent undead creature that acts as a mobile Desecrate that can be created for 1750 to 2500 gp per HD of the original creature.

Given that it's a set creature and not a template, it bucks the usual trend of creatures created with Animate Dead or items derived from it, and makes you actually want a dinky 1 HD PC-race commoner to use as the base. Well, that or it's a template that they never actually properly released so everyone has to reverse engineer it from an example creature.

Zuvembies (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/undead/zuvembie/) are another creature that is intelligent and made with an item made using Animate Dead, in this case an Oil of Animate Dead. Unlike a Voidstick Zombie, though, one wants a base creature with a good will save to avoid wasting Oils of Animate Dead. Their most notable features are their Animate Dead SLA and their ability to lure other creatures into traps.

I'm curious as to how others have gained control or influence over them, especially without using the Command Undead feat.

Florian
2017-04-03, 01:21 AM
Well, itīs from the bestiary of an AP. These first printings sometimes tend to be a bit problematic, so I mostly wait until a revamped version comes up in a regular bestiary.

thecrimsondawn
2017-04-03, 08:48 PM
Man...these guys are popping up out of the grave everywhere since my last game.

We had to fight a bunch of these guys....all at once, with a minor reaper. Each aura causes another save, so having 5 or 6 of them in a loose group makes normal healing almost not possible. It can be gotten around a few cleaver ways tho, sp depending on a player or DM standpoint, its good to make note of that.

As far as creating them as a player? The voidstick seems kinda cool, but a bit pricey unless you craft them yourself. You dont want super weak undead as a player as one turn undead spell will end your whole army. Of course smaller hit dies mean more zombies you can control too tho.

I think I would opt to use the witch archetype to control undead made by someone else. takes time to find what you are looking for, but saves you a lot of money that can be used for other things :3.