PDA

View Full Version : Statting out Fictional Characters.

TheLogman
2007-07-27, 11:46 PM
I know this has already been done, but it was so much fun reading the stats the first time, I decided to bring it back. I'll start us off...

James Cole
Human Male
Warrior 1/Barbarian 4
Abilities: Str 16 Dex 12 Con 16 Wis 5 Int 12 Cha 6
Feats: Improved Unarmed Strike, Power Attack, Cleave
Probably Chaotic Neutral, perusing a goal that will get him what he wants, which little or no Qualms with Killing people, but will only incapacitate them if possible. The thing that makes his Chaotic is his near hate for institutionalization, and his dislike for being controlled, or told what to do. He is a free spirit, and helps those that help him, harms those that harm him.

Proof: He's Strong, and tough, enough to take down 5 policemen, 2 of which were hospitalized. He definitely can take down people even killing them, and occasionally fights in an angered way, definitely a rage. Twice a day he raged, and the other bonuses of Barbarian seem to fit as well, he can down enough sedatives to knock out or kill a normal man, and still stay strong, so his Fort is definitely high. He fights in a way that suggests power attack, and he always fights with his fists, in a way that definitely suggests Unarmed Strikes. When fighting several opponents, after downing one, he is able to quickly attack another, suggesting Cleave.

As for his stats, he's stronger and has a better Constitution, as well as faster than a normal person. However, he is easily disoriented, believes things quickly, and takes time to notice things, suggesting a lower Wisdom. Once presented with facts, however, he can stick them together, resulting in an average intelligence. As for his Charisma, he definitely has a hard time relating to people around him, resulting in a low score.

Oh, and for those who don't know him, he's the protagonist of Twelve Monkeys.

Xefas
2007-07-28, 02:16 AM
I dunno if I'll be any good at this sort of thing, but I'll try out one of my favourite characters (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Characters_of_FLCL#Atomsk) just for grins.

Anyway, whats better than pirates? Space pirates! And who is king of such otherworldly swashbucklers? Atomsk; the great avian beast capable of snatching entire star systems as easily as a common thief would negotiate a bauble from a loose purse.

Atomsk, The Pirate King
Colossal Outsider (Native, Chaotic)
HD 21d8+126 (220hp)
Speed 20 ft. (4 squares); Fly 160 ft. (poor)
Init: +12
AC 24; touch 14; flat-footed 12
(+12 Dex, -8 Size, +10 Natural)
BAB +21; Grp +44
Attack Claw +25 (5d10+7)
Full-Attack 2 Claws +25 and Bite +23 (4d12+3)
Space 30 ft.; Reach 20 ft.
Special Attacks N.O.
Special Qualities Possession, SR 30, Damage Reduction 15/epic, Space Acclimation
Saves Fort +18 Ref +24 Will +17
Abilities Str 25, Dex 34, Con 23, Int 24, Wis 21, Cha 38
Skills Perform (Guitar) +51, Profession (Space Pirate) +31, Bluff +38, Gather Information +38, Listen +29, Spot +29, Survival +29, Search +31, Sense Motive +29, Spellcraft +31, Tumble +36, Use Magic Device +31, Diplomacy +38, Intimidate +38, Knowledge (The Planes) +31
Feats Dodge, Mobility, Flyby Attack, Improved Flyby Attack, Skill Focus (Perform), Weapon Finesse, Multiattack, Epic Skill Focus (Perform)
Environment Any
Challenge Rating 30
Alignment Chaotic Neutral

N.O. (Ex): Atomsk can distort space and time at will, transporting all the matter in a certain space from one point to any other point in the universe. The amount of space can vary from a sphere with a radius of only a few centimeters to one with a radius of roughly 3,534,000,000 miles.

Possession (Su): Atomsk can funnel his mind and body into a mortal vessel, granting them some of his power. Alternatively, he can choose to possess one mortal with his body, and a separate one for his mind. Atomsk’s mind grants a +12 competence bonus on all charisma-based checks and allows the host to use a very limited form of his N.O. special ability. The maximum amount of space capable of being transported is only a sphere with a radius of 1 foot per point of charisma modifier held by the host and the ability can only be used once per week. Atomsk’s body grants a +12 competence bonus on all strength checks, attack rolls, and damage rolls in addition to damage reduction 5/epic. When a single creature is possessed of both Atomsk’s mind and body simultaneously, they gain the benefits of both in addition to a 60’ (perfect) fly speed and the ability to manifest a solid portion of Atomsk’s energy into a weapon. For no particular reason, this weapon always appears to be a Gibson EB-0 bass guitar, which, apart from granting a +10 perfection bonus on perform checks utilizing it, is considered a +6 Anarchic Greatclub that the user is always proficient with.

Space Acclimation (Ex): Atomsk is immune to fire and cold damage as well as damage caused by a vacuum. He never needs to eat, sleep, or breathe.

Dervag
2007-07-28, 02:22 AM
I have long wondered what stats would work well for Sir Samuel Vimes from Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels.

Xuincherguixe
2007-07-28, 02:52 AM
Aren't all the characters fictional by default?

With that in mind. Someone care to stat Colin Powell? Or how about Elton John?

Dairun Cates
2007-07-28, 03:37 AM
I have long wondered what stats would work well for Sir Samuel Vimes from Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels.

You apparently haven't seen Discworld GURPS. Not D&D, but they are stats.

Dervag
2007-07-28, 03:38 AM

With that in mind. Someone care to stat Colin Powell? Or how about Elton John?I suspect that the answer will turn out to be "only from within the boundaries of a circle of Protection from Lawsuit."

You apparently haven't seen Discworld GURPS. Not D&D, but they are stats.No. No I have not.

EntilZha
2007-07-28, 10:31 AM
This is the D20 Modern version of my favorite Star Trek character of all time, as best I could flesh him out.

Captain James T. Kirk
Fast 6/Charismatic 6
STR 14, DEX 16, CON 15, INT 17, WIS 16, CHA 19
Starting Occupation: Military
Base Attack Bonus: +7/+2
Speed: 30 ft.
Initiative: +7
HP: 99
Defense: 21
Fortitude +7, Reflex +9, Will +9
Reputation +8

Skills: Balance +9, Bluff +13, Diplomacy +16, Escape Artist +11, Gather Information +13, Handle Animal +10, Hide +10, Intimidate +13, Knowledge (Civics) +10, Knowledge (Current Events) +10, Knowledge (Streeetwise) +12, Knowledge (Tactics) +15, Move Silently +10, Pilot +12, Ride +9, Tumble +9

Feats: Combat Martial Arts, Combat Reflexes, Defensive Martial Arts, Dodge, Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Mobility, Personal Firearms Proficiency, Point Blank Shot, Renown, Simple Weapons Proficiency, Starship Gunnery, Starship Operation (Heavy), Starship Operation (Ultralight)

Talents: Coordinate, Fast Talk, Inspiration, Opportunist, Uncanny Dodge

Grey Watcher
2007-07-28, 10:37 AM

With that in mind. Someone care to stat Colin Powell? Or how about Elton John?

I fear that the former would fall into the realm of discussing politics. As to the latter, I'm not sure it's strictly against the rules (must double check that), but I wouldn't tempt fate. The OP asked for fictional chracters, let's stick to that, thank you.

Ditto
2007-07-28, 01:27 PM
Lilith, Tiefling Barrister (http://youtube.com/watch?v=vcU2-Fm8wVQ) Expert 5
Medium Outsider (Native)
HD 5d6+5 (20 hp)
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Init: +6
AC 14; touch 12; flat-footed 12
(+2 Dex, +2 Natural Armor)
BAB +3; Grp +3
Attack Tongue +4 (1d10+3 non-lethal)
Full-Attack Tongue +4
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks Darkness, Improved Gab, Mumbo Jumbo, Inspire doubt
Special Qualities Darkvision 60 ft., resistance to cold 5, electricity 5, and fire 5, Kite flying, Thick Skin, Favored environment
Saves Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +7
Abilities Str 11, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 17, Wis 12, Cha 15
Skills Profession (Barrister): +11, Bluff +17, Diplomacy +8, Gather Information +8, Listen +8, Spot +2, Sense Motive +11, Knowledge (Law) +10, Knowledge (Your darkest secrets) +6
Feats Dodge, Skill focus (Bluff), Persuasive, Improved Initiative, Iron Will
Environment Any
Challenge Rating 3 (5 if in courtroom)
Alignment Lawful Neutral
Languages Common, Infernal, Legalese, Gobbledegook, Dwarven

Darkness (Sp): A tiefling can use Darkness once per day (caster level equal to class levels)

Improved Gab (Ex): If the barrister hits with a successful Tongue attack, the target make a Will save equal to 1/2 Barrister (Expert) levels + Cha modifier + Profession (Law) ranks. If the target fails, he is stunned for 1d4 rounds, and cannot speak. If the target succeeds, he is stunned for one round.

Mumbo Jumbo (Su): If the barrister speaks in Legalese for one minute uninterrupted, all subjects within a 60 ft. radius must make a DC18 Will save or be Fascinated (as the Bardic Music ability). A barrister may use this ability a number of times per day equal to his Cha modifier.

Glibness (Sp): The barrister can use the spell Glibness 1/day as a spell-like ability. Will DC = 10 + Cha modifier + Barrister (Expert) levels.

Kite-flying (Ex): The tiefling gains a +10 racial bonus when flying kites.

Thick Skin: Due to his profession, a Barrister gains a +2 Natural Armor bonus.

Favored environment: If the barrister stands within any court of law, he gains the following bonuses: +6 Bluff, +4 Knowledge (Your darkest secrets) , +6 Sense Motive, +4 attack when using Tongue, +2 uses of Mumbo Jumbo/day, +2 Natural armor bonus (stacks with bonus from Thick Skin)

Skills: A tiefling has a +2 bonus to Bluff and Hide checks.

RMS Oceanic
2007-07-28, 01:58 PM
My Gestalt Version of a Kill Bill Character:
Beatrix Kiddo
Monk 16 // Fighter 12/Assassin 4 (w/o spells)
Monk Levels because Quivering Palm reminds me of Five-Point Palm exploding heart technique.

STR 16 (+3) (Punching through a Coffin takes a lot)
DEX 19 (+4)
CON 17 (+3) (Took a savage beating and a bullet through the head)
INT 14 (+2)
WIS 17 (+3)
CHA 15 (+2)

HP : 12d10 + 4d8 + 48

Weapon: Masterwork Katana (Again, no Magic)
Standard Attack: +21
Full Attack: +21/+16/+11/+6

Feats
Monk
Improved Unarmed Strike
Stunning Fist
Improved Trip

Normal
EWP (Katana)
EWP (Firearms) (See DMG)
Superior Unarmed Strike
Dodge
Mobility
Spring Attack
Weapon Focus (Katana)

Fighter
Weapon Specialization (Katana)
Point Blank Shot ("I'm better than Annie Oakley...")
Greater Weapon Focus (Katana)
Greater Weapon Speciailization
Power Attack
Cleave
Great Cleave (She slashes through three guys at once)

Skills (Assuming all are maxxed)
Hide
Move Silently (Uses these against Budd)
Bluff
Disguise (Assumed necessary for Assassin work)
Climb
Intimidate ("Gimme your other arm!")
Balance (Running around on banisters)

Languages: English, Japanese, Spanish/French?

Don't know if that works right, but it looks good to me.

Dairun Cates
2007-07-28, 02:47 PM
No. No I have not.

If you're curious, I have the book and can type out the stats later.

Xuincherguixe
2007-07-29, 01:20 AM
For what it's worth I was mostly being sarcastic :P