PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Barber of Silverymoon - has anyone run it?

Finback
2017-04-03, 03:36 AM
My PCs just dinged level 6, and after a long haul on the road (to be beset by hill giants and a blue dragon on the way), I intend to have them encounter this location/module. I may set it in some backwater town, or make it the only place to try to rest up, but I was wondering if anyone else had run it, and if so, did you make any modifications? I mean, those effects from the Prismatic Colouring Machine have the potential to be flat out deadly.

some guy
2017-04-03, 04:25 AM
My PCs just dinged level 6, and after a long haul on the road (to be beset by hill giants and a blue dragon on the way), I intend to have them encounter this location/module. I may set it in some backwater town, or make it the only place to try to rest up, but I was wondering if anyone else had run it, and if so, did you make any modifications? I mean, those effects from the Prismatic Colouring Machine have the potential to be flat out deadly.

I ran it and had fun with it, but did not make any modifications (other than roleplaying the investigations).
The Machine can be deadly, but unless your pc's are at low health when they use it, there's little chance of instant death at level 6 (it also offers high and even better, cool, reward). The indigo effect is deadly, but it can be reversed. My players chose not to use it, because they're smart and boring.

The adventure has a great old school vibe, in that the biggest rewards and dangers are permanent changes to the pc's.