PDA

View Full Version : Dragonblood Theurge?

tedcahill2
2017-04-03, 07:10 PM
Is there a theurge type PrC that gives progression of sorcerer (caster levels) and dragonfire adept breath weapon?

Venger
2017-04-03, 07:23 PM
Is there a theurge type PrC that gives progression of sorcerer (caster levels) and dragonfire adept breath weapon?

No. There isn't.

You can go sorcerer/warlock with complete mage's eldritch theurge, though.

Troacctid
2017-04-03, 07:50 PM
Yes there is, Eldritch Theurge. Unfortunately you need 3 levels of Warlock to qualify for it.

Ruethgar
2017-04-03, 11:51 PM
You could also qualify with Sculpt Self pretty easily, Dragon Mag, in the realm of custom content and a feat tax though...

animewatcha
2017-04-04, 01:11 AM
If you are able to swing it by DM with arcane preparation feat... Ultimate Magus? Spontaneous side being applied to dragon fire adept?

Troacctid
2017-04-04, 02:49 AM
No, Dragonfire Adept isn't a spontaneous casting class.

Thurbane
2017-04-04, 03:06 AM
Yes there is, Eldritch Theurge. Unfortunately you need 3 levels of Warlock to qualify for it.

Or 1 level of Warlock and a Chasuble of Fell Power.

Dagroth
2017-04-04, 08:17 AM
I'm sure with a little work, Eldritch Theurge could be adapted to fit a Dragonfire Adept.

Gain Invocations, Breath Effects & Breath Damage as normal.

Instead of DR, increase the DFA's Scales. Instead of Fiendish Resilience, gain more DR/Magic.

Spellblast would become Spellbreath and have a similar effect (the spell going off only on hitting, i.e. damaging, one target).

Since DFAs don't get Essence Invocations, they would apply a Breath Effect to a spell with Dragonbreath Spellweave.

Greatreach Blast would become Greatreach Breath and have a similar effect (the spell going off only on hitting, i.e. damaging, one target).

tedcahill2
2017-04-04, 08:37 AM
I'm sure with a little work, Eldritch Theurge could be adapted to fit a Dragonfire Adept.

Gain Invocations, Breath Effects & Breath Damage as normal.

Instead of DR, increase the DFA's Scales. Instead of Fiendish Resilience, gain more DR/Magic.

Spellblast would become Spellbreath and have a similar effect (the spell going off only on hitting, i.e. damaging, one target).

Since DFAs don't get Essence Invocations, they would apply a Breath Effect to a spell with Dragonbreath Spellweave.

Greatreach Blast would become Greatreach Breath and have a similar effect (the spell going off only on hitting, i.e. damaging, one target).
This is the train of thought I was on. I was curious if there was an official class though.

My DM generally doesn't allow homebrew stuff.

ShurikVch
2017-04-04, 09:07 AM
Yes there is, Eldritch Theurge. Unfortunately you need 3 levels of Warlock to qualify for it.Alternately, it's possible to make 2 level dip into Wyrm Wizard, and select for Spell Research Eldritch Blast spell - Eldritch Theurge's prerequisite doesn't specify Eldritch Blast as Warlock's class feature, invocation, or spell-like ability

Venger
2017-04-04, 10:18 AM
Alternately, it's possible to make 2 level dip into Wyrm Wizard, and select for Spell Research Eldritch Blast spell - Eldritch Theurge's prerequisite doesn't specify Eldritch Blast as Warlock's class feature, invocation, or spell-like ability

Where is the eldritch blast spell from? I've never heard of it.

ShurikVch
2017-04-04, 10:29 AM
Where is the eldritch blast spell from? I've never heard of it.Eldritch Blast is the spell from which Eldritch Blast spell-like ability was "made"; it wasn't really printed anywhere, but, unless DM ban the whole idea, SLA may be reworked "back" to spell

Venger
2017-04-04, 10:35 AM
Eldritch Blast is the spell from which Eldritch Blast spell-like ability was "made"; it wasn't really printed anywhere, but, unless DM ban the whole idea, SLA may be reworked "back" to spell

Huh? Where are the rules on this? I don't see anything about it in wyrm wizard or warlock.

tedcahill2
2017-04-04, 10:46 AM
Alternately, it's possible to make 2 level dip into Wyrm Wizard, and select for Spell Research Eldritch Blast spell - Eldritch Theurge's prerequisite doesn't specify Eldritch Blast as Warlock's class feature, invocation, or spell-like ability

That's a stretch, since you have to get your DM to allow a homebrew Eldritch Blast spell.

Ruethgar
2017-04-04, 11:45 AM
IIRC EB can be counterspelled with Dispell Magic at least, and anything that can be counterspelled can be added to a Spellhoarding Dragon's spell selection.

That could actually be a pretty epic quest to be able to theurge DFA and Sorc. You must find the ancient dragon sage Azzybitch and pass his trials to learn the union of dragon's breath and sorcerery.

Troacctid
2017-04-04, 02:10 PM
IIRC EB can be counterspelled with Dispell Magic at least, and anything that can be counterspelled can be added to a Spellhoarding Dragon's spell selection.

That could actually be a pretty epic quest to be able to theurge DFA and Sorc. You must find the ancient dragon sage Azzybitch and pass his trials to learn the union of dragon's breath and sorcerery.
SLAs cannot be counterspelled, nor can they be used to counterspell, barring specific exceptions.

Psyren
2017-04-04, 02:35 PM
You can multiclass DFA/Warlock/Sorcerer to qualify for Eldritch Theurge, and simply choose DFA to be the "invocation-using class" that it advances. With the Chasuble of Fell Power that Thurbane mentioned, you'll get the +2d6 eldritch blast needed with only a single Warlock level.

Eldritch Blast is the spell from which Eldritch Blast spell-like ability was "made"; it wasn't really printed anywhere, but, unless DM ban the whole idea, SLA may be reworked "back" to spell

This requires homebrew which the OP said is not allowed.

ShurikVch
2017-04-04, 03:00 PM
One more variant of qualification, which doesn't required any dips at all, and 100% RAW: if character will join (at least, temporarily) some fiendish cult which headed by fiend with at least 3 levels of Warlock and at least 2 - in Fiend of Blasphemy, then the fiend may use Transfer Spell-Like Ability to give our character Eldritch Blast