PDA

View Full Version : Mini campaign idea help

Nemenia
2017-04-04, 02:15 PM
I was asked by my players to make a 1 shot today because we wouldn't have everyone there to do a full campaign. I came up with the idea of the players ending up in the underdark between two enemy groups, a draegloth with drow werewolves, and a hive of choldroth spider people. Both of them want to get something, and the party will have to play both sides to save the day.

My problems are as follows: 1. what's an interesting item/thing that will provide fun interaction but also be something all three groups will fight over? I've tossed around baby dragon, an egg, a magic staff, but I can't settle on an interesting choice.

And 2, more importantly, I don't understand how to write three way confrontations. Always been bad at it. How do I, in simple terms, provide a clear counterplay between both groups and the party? Chances to betray both sides and help them and keep them at each other. This is done very often in media, but I have no idea how to write it l. Any advice would be helpful, Thanks!

BabyCthulhu
2017-04-04, 02:33 PM
About the item, a blueprint to make goggles that allow one to avoid sunlight sensivity while also giving you darkvision (or superior darkvision if you already have it). Something very valuable for underdark people. (and adventurers)
About the second part, no idea. Maybe like a love triangle?

Nemenia
2017-04-04, 02:36 PM
The goggles are a pretty cool idea, but the groups are all enemies. They can't be partially allied with each other