PDA

View Full Version : NPC villain 3.5 urban

j!nx
2017-04-04, 03:06 PM
after sifting through some ideas in my thoughts I am not satisfied with my conclusions I am currently looking for a great NPC antagonist for my 3 players one is a rogue, another is a ranger and the last is a warlock, they are all currently being solo ran and I want to bring them all together by a "villain", this is a urban based3.5 campaign they are each on there way to level 2 and I figured now is when I want to start introducing this character I want to have the players meet up around level 5 or 6 by then there characters will have there own stories to tell around a barrel of ale or the sorts, I don't mind cliché but I want something that fits them each, the ideas I keep getting are not hitting the nail on the head for me so to speak, suggestions from the ol' wise ones on here?

ATHATH
2017-04-04, 03:08 PM
One word: Cityscape.

Inevitability
2017-04-04, 03:09 PM
What do the various characters do, both inside and out of combat? All three classes you just named can be built in a variety of ways, which will greatly alter proper challenges.

j!nx
2017-04-04, 03:17 PM
as of now the rouge is a male CG tall fellow Halfling sailor with a bad gambling addiction who is determined to be the rags to riches story that is clouded in his head he favors range then to ever be close , the warlock is a female human CG warlock who has mental issues of being molested and tortured by her drunk father she has these thoughts eat away at her because she never got over them she's a glass cannon, the ranger is a half-drow 2 weapon fighter who is on the run from his former life, as a drow he was slave but in the city he is shadow in the night and a commoner in the day he currently gets money for helping others in simple means lost cattle he's got yah bloody foot prints he will follow them so on so forth.. etc

tedcahill2
2017-04-04, 03:26 PM
Sounds like a villain that kidnaps children (for who knows what) could be a good unifier.

Warlock: should be motivated by her past, and may see this villain as a substitute for her hatred toward her father.

Rogue: could see fliers about a bounty for the kidnapper and see it as a way to pay off his debts, or just gamble with

Ranger: sounds like he's the most "goody-goody" among them. Maybe he's out one night and actually sees a kidnapping that he fails to stop

They could all find a clue that bring them to the same place, hopefully that would lead to a discussion about working together toward a common goal.

j!nx
2017-04-04, 03:47 PM
that is a good one I did not think of a kidnapping I like that.. still open to other possibilities as always how ever that is a clever