PDA

View Full Version : Shamanic Soul - a druidic version of Favoured Soul

8wGremlin
2017-04-04, 07:57 PM
Quick conversion of the Favoured soul to Shamanic Soul - picking off Druid list as opposed to Cleric list.

I'd love to see a re-flavoured Sorcerer like the favoured soul - but for nature. (this is favoured soul, with some words changed, and cleric changed for druid - everything else is the same)

Shamanic Soul
Sometimes the spark of magic that fuels a sorcerer comes from a force of nature itself that glimmers within the soul. Having such a Shamanic soul, your innate magic might come from a distant but powerful familial connection to a nature spirit, dryad or other fae being. Perhaps your ancestor was a dryad sent to fight in a defence of Nature. Or your birth might align with an ancient prophecy, marking you as a servant of the nature or a chosen vessel of a nature spirit.

Natural Magic
Your link to the divine allows you to learn spells normally associated with the Druid class. When your Spellcasting feature lets you learn a sorcerer cantrip or a sorcerer spell of 1st level or higher, you can choose the new spell from the Druid spell list, in addition to the sorcerer spell list. You must otherwise obey all the restrictions for selecting the spell, and it becomes a sorcerer spell for you.

Natural hardiness
At 1st level, the blessing of the gods grants you enhanced durability. Your hit point maximum increases by 1, and it increases by 1 again whenever you gain a level in this class.

Favoured by the Spirits
Starting at 1st level, divine power guards your destiny. If you fail a saving throw or miss with an attack roll, you can roll 2d4 and add it to the total, possibly changing the outcome.
Once you use this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a short or long rest.

Blessed Countenance
At 6th level, your divine essence causes you to undergo a minor physical transformation. Your appearance takes on an otherworldly version of one of the following qualities (your choice): beautiful, youthful, kind, or imposing.
Whatever your choice, if your proficiency bonus applies to a Charisma check, double that bonus.

Natural Purity
At 14th level, you become immune to disease, poison damage, and the poisoned condition.

Preternatural Recovery
At 18th level, you gain the ability to overcome grievous injuries. As a bonus action when you have less than half of your hit points remaining, you can regain a number of hit points equal to half your hit point maximum.
Once you use this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a long rest.

and as a nice pdf

http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/Byp6Mnbae

Do you think there will be any issues with the cleric list being swapped out for druidic?

8wGremlin
2017-04-05, 01:08 AM
Took the words of the pdf and added them to the post.

Wanting feedback on any issues with druidic list over cleric list, and any issues with wording and pdf.

Thanks

dejarnjc
2017-04-05, 01:17 PM
I don't have access to the Favored Soul UA at the moment but this seems balanced just fine based on my memories of it.

One suggestion would be to make a slight fluff change to Blessed Countenance. Make the qualities more natureish if at all possible.

Ferrin33
2017-04-05, 01:32 PM
Nothing changed aside from the name and getting druid spells instead of cleric spells. This isn't really interesting to review. Whether it's balanced? Sure, I guess? Would need to see whether druid or cleric spells give better options, that's it.

I would change up all the class features if I'd do this, because this is pretty bland as it is. Should pass by any DM if he'd allows the Favored Soul though.

8wGremlin
2017-04-05, 02:04 PM
Nothing changed aside from the name and getting druid spells instead of cleric spells. This isn't really interesting to review. Whether it's balanced? Sure, I guess? Would need to see whether druid or cleric spells give better options, that's it.

I would change up all the class features if I'd do this, because this is pretty bland as it is. Should pass by any DM if he'd allows the Favored Soul though.

Excellent thank you Ferrin33, that's what I was striving for.

Now can you see any issues with the Sorcerer's Metamagic and druid spells, are there any spells that become very efficient, or broken? Are there any spells I should look at in particular?

dejarnjc
2017-04-05, 02:48 PM
Excellent thank you Ferrin33, that's what I was striving for.

Now can you see any issues with the Sorcerer's Metamagic and druid spells, are there any spells that become very efficient, or broken? Are there any spells I should look at in particular?

I've been running a druid for a couple years now in a game. In regards to this, I can't really think of any druid spells that would be broken with metamagic. I guess a twinned heat metal would be quite powerful but it's so situational (depending on campaign) that I wouldn't worry about it. Arguably twinning doesn't even work with heat metal anyway since the target is an object not a creature but I'd personally allow it.

Extended spell might be a little powerful as well with the druid's conjuration spells. Buuuuut, those are already 1hr duration mostly so it won't be game breaking.

SharkForce
2017-04-05, 06:29 PM
Favoured soul was already pretty strong. Giving the exact same thing but with druid spells is probably stronger since the druid list is generally stronger.

It might not be too powerful but it pretty much makes any public sorcerer look bad.