PDA

View Full Version : Weird/funny thoughts and ideas

Azoth
2017-04-04, 10:24 PM
I was randomly going through some notes and got a chuckle over the idea of someone trying to tattoo a Warforged. It started when I saw Inscribe Magic Tattoo. My first thought was that it would be weird to try and tattoo anything with an exoskeleton. From there, it jumped to the idea of some Dwarf with an Adamantine chisel, a bottle of colored oxidizer, and a hammer going to town on a Warforged's shoulder doing a mural of an assembly line with the word MOM on a banner around it.

Share your odd thoughts and mental images inspired by gaming mechanics/fluff.

Venger
2017-04-04, 10:46 PM
heritage feats.

you're at the library going over your family tree, discover your great uncle was part farspawn and then whoops! tentacles from the back.

like with anything, funnier on a warforged.

Inevitability
2017-04-05, 02:07 AM
heritage feats.

you're at the library going over your family tree, discover your great uncle was part farspawn and then whoops! tentacles from the back.

like with anything, funnier on a warforged.

"What happened?"
"Illithid attack on the factory. One of them fell in the vat of molten iron."
"Well, we're not going to throw away good iron. Start making warforged!"

Deeds
2017-04-05, 02:39 AM
DM: Your gather information check tells you about a rumor of a vicious bottlenosed fish-man who attacks fishermen on well moonlit nights.
Player: Huh... can I roll a knowledge check?
DM: Eh, sure. Roll local.
Player: Ha! 31!
DM: Ok, the creature is none other than the dreaded Were Porpoise!
Player: ...

the_david
2017-04-05, 02:54 AM
I found an vampire NPC somewhere online named Sunny... Not kidding. I think I'm gonna steal it for my level 5 Commoner Vampire.

Inevitability
2017-04-05, 04:33 AM
Before anyone else mentions it: half-dragon gelatinous cubes. The logistics of breeding dragons with sentient acid aside, the resulting creature has got wings (allowing it to fly at a walking pace), scales, claws, fangs, and a breath weapon, while consisting mostly of transparent acid.

Also, if one somehow gets an intelligence score, it can take feats to get a tail and another pair of wings.

Venger
2017-04-05, 08:29 AM
Before anyone else mentions it: half-dragon gelatinous cubes. The logistics of breeding dragons with sentient acid aside, the resulting creature has got wings (allowing it to fly at a walking pace), scales, claws, fangs, and a breath weapon, while consisting mostly of transparent acid.

Also, if one somehow gets an intelligence score, it can take feats to get a tail and another pair of wings.

at least some dragons such as black, green, copper, and silver are immune to acid. hope the rest used protection from energy

Telonius
2017-04-05, 08:33 AM

I'm pretty sure I fought one of those in Dwarf Fortress once.

Inevitability
2017-04-05, 09:21 AM
I'm pretty sure I fought one of those in Dwarf Fortress once.

Oh my Armok, you are absolutely right. I just described a forgotten beast without realizing it. :smalleek: