PDA

View Full Version : Signature disappearance on mobile layout

Arkhios
2017-04-04, 10:56 PM
Sorry if this has been addressed before, but for a long time it has buggered me that when you edit your posts on mobile version of the site, it automatically changes signature status so that it's not shown. Is this intentional, and if so, why?

If not, could you fix it, please?

Thanks in advance!

rredmond
2017-10-21, 09:14 AM
I was going to start a similar thread but a search lead me to this unanswered one. I edited my last post on mobile, now my signature has disappeared. When I switched from Mobile to Desktop view. It’s still gone. I guess there isn’t a fix, but figured I’d check if I’d need to be doing anything differently.
Thanks!
—Ron—

Grey_Wolf_c
2017-10-21, 09:21 AM
I was going to start a similar thread but a search lead me to this unanswered one. I edited my last post on mobile, now my signature has disappeared. When I switched from Mobile to Desktop view. It’s still gone. I guess there isn’t a fix, but figured I’d check if I’d need to be doing anything differently.
Thanks!
—Ron—

Er... your signature is there. What do you mean "it's still gone"? Do you mean from a specific post? There is a checkbox that allows you to hide your signature on specific posts you may have unchecked.

GW

rredmond
2017-10-21, 09:53 AM
Sorry. By “last post”, I meant my last post previous to the first in this thread. Which was here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?230801-Hit-Points-Why-were-they-designed-to-be-incoherent&p=22497484#post22497484

I checked or unchecked nothing, otherwise I would know why my signature disappeared. :D

PS: and funny enough when I edited this post in Desktop mode the signature stayed. Interesting. Must be a forum software thing.

Grey_Wolf_c
2017-10-21, 10:21 AM
Sorry. By “last post”, I meant my last post previous to the first in this thread. Which was here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?230801-Hit-Points-Why-were-they-designed-to-be-incoherent&p=22497484#post22497484

I checked or unchecked nothing, otherwise I would know why my signature disappeared. :D

PS: and funny enough when I edited this post in Desktop mode the signature stayed. Interesting. Must be a forum software thing.

I believe that by default, mobile posts don't include the signature. If you edit the post in desktop, you'll see the check box at the bottom, in the miscellaneous section.

GW

rredmond
2017-10-21, 10:57 AM
I believe that by default, mobile posts don't include the signature. If you edit the post in desktop, you'll see the check box at the bottom, in the miscellaneous section.

GW
My mobile posts have always included the signature. But I’m guessing that when you edit them they don’t. Thanks for noodling that out with me. It’s an interesting quirk.

Douglas
2017-10-21, 11:27 AM
The edit post page has a checkbox for whether to include your signature or not. The mobile version of the page is missing this checkbox, and "missing" is apparently treated as "unchecked" so any edit on mobile will remove your signature. You can add it back by editing on the full site if you care about it.

rredmond
2017-10-21, 11:52 AM
Interesting! Thank you oh surgebinding one!
—Ron—